𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 π’π”πŒπŒπ„π‘ΒΉ β–ΉBel...

By -lovethorns

━━ πŸ₯₯ 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 π’π”πŒπŒπ„π‘ΒΉ ❛ In which, 𝐄π₯π₯𝐒𝐞 π…π’π¬π‘πžπ« has a cruel summer with 𝐁𝐞π₯π₯𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐧�... More

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 π’π”πŒπŒπ„π‘
― 𝐀𝐂𝐓 πŽππ„
𝒐. summer past
π’Š. summer reunion
π’Šπ’Šπ’Š. summer bonfire
π’Šπ’—. summer debutantes
𝒗. summer jealousy
π’—π’Š. summer birthdays
π’—π’Šπ’Š. summer fights
π’—π’Šπ’Šπ’Š. summer wishes
π’Šπ’™. summer celebrations
𝒙. summer revelations
π’™π’Š. summer heartbreak
π’™π’Šπ’Š. summer road trips
π’™π’Šπ’Šπ’Š. summer pain
π’™π’Šπ’—. summer unease
𝒙𝒗. summer skinny-dipping
π’™π’—π’Š. summer tension
π’™π’—π’Šπ’Š. summer sadness
π’™π’—π’Šπ’Šπ’Š. summer love
𝒐𝒐. daylight
SEQUEL?
SEQUEL!

π’Šπ’Š. summer traditions

1.7K 51 16
By -lovethorns

𝒊𝒊. summer traditions
━━━━━━━━━━━━
ellie fisher 𝒙 belly conklin

please don't be in love with
someone else. please don't have
somebody waiting on you.
- enchanted,, taylor swift

(season 1 episode 1)

word count; 4,800+

"HONEY, I'M HOME!"

"Maddie!" Ellie shouts as she stumbles down the stairs, Belly right behind her. The three girls fall into each other's arms, holding on tight. "I missed you so much!"

The Cassidy's are yet another family who uses the beach house during the summer. Their family consists of Rosie and Stephanie Cassidy, the mom's of Dev and Maddie, who are Jeremiah's age. Rosie Cassidy was a friend of Laurel and Susannah's when they were younger. The three of them call themselves the golden trio, and the name fits wonderfully. There was something truly beautiful about seeing them get together. It was like seeing magnets coming together, unable to resist the proximity.

"I missed you too," Maddie replies, letting out a soft laugh. "Not seeing you all sucks."

"I didn't miss you either."

Eillie peaks over Maddie's shoulder, smiling brightly when she sees Dev standing there with a smirk. She pulls away from one friend, and launches herself at the other, laughing when he wraps his arms around her. Ellie closes her eyes as he lifts her up. "I missed you, Dev," she tells him. "How could you leave me alone with my idiot brothers all year without our usual visit at Christmas?"

"I'm sorry, Ella," he replies with a small chuckle. "I really wanted to."

"Traitor!"

Surprised, both Dev and Ellie turn to see Jeremiah standing in the doorway, accusatory finger pointed at the other boy. Though, he can't seem to help the smile on his face. Dev holds up his hands, about to say something in his defence, but Jeremiah is running up to him, and jumping. Before Ellie can tell her brother to stop, Dev and Jeremiah are falling to floor. Dev lets out a pained groan, muttering out, "Why?"

The front door opens, and the children send nervous smiles to the three mother's that now stand staring at them all. Rosie, Dev and Maddie's mom, shakes her head while Susannah raises a confused eyebrow. Laurel is the one who speaks first. "What in the world is going on?"

"It was Jeremiah's fault!" Ellie, Dev, Maddie and Belly all yell at the same time, like a reflex.

"Dev!"

"No!" Dev shouts, panicked as he sees Steven running at them now at full speed.

Steven dives onto the floor on top of the other two boys, and Ellie can't help but smile at the image of them. Now that everyone's here, summer can officially start. It makes something in her feel complete. Like puzzle pieces fitting themselves together to create a clear picture.

From the corner of her eye, Ellie sees her other brother approaching. Conrad looks rather confused as he nears them, scratching the back of his head as he looks down at the other boys. "Let me guess," he begins, looking around at everyone else. "Jeremiah attacked Dev?"

"Yup," Ellie confirms, gesturing at the boys on the floor who are refusing to get up. "Wanna join them?"

"Um, I'm good," Conrad says, pursing his lips. "Dev, are you alive?"

"I think so."

"Cool."

With her eyebrows pulled together, head tilting, Belly asks, "Hey, where's Steph?"

"She has a lot of work this summer, honey, so she can't stay with us like she normally would," Rosie explains, nodding to her friends with a smile. "But, it's alright. The Golden Trio's back together. And, she'll definitely come visit for the fourth." After a few seconds, Rosie glances down at the heap of boy's on the floor, and nudges them with her foot. "Now, come on, boys. Up time."

"No!" Jeremiah and Steven shout all while Dev lets out another groan, this time out of self pity.

"Boys," Laurel warns in a firm tone, hand going to her hip, one of Rosie's bag in her other one. "Will you please get up and help set the table for dinner?"

"Yes, Laurel!"

With a roll of her eyes, Ellie says, "What a bunch of ass kissers." She raises an eyebrow, watching as the boys scramble up, tripping over each other in order to follow Laurel's directions. "You're just scared of Laurel."

"Girls, help them," Laurel orders next, rubbing her forehead tiredly as she watches the foolish boys racing off down the hall. "They'll need it."

"Yes, Laurel!"

With a soft laugh, Rosie watches the girls now running off, looping an arm around each of her friend's shoulders. "Well, things are about the same as always," she comments.

˗ˏˋ 🌷  ☀️   🌊 'ˎ˗

SEATED ALL TOGETHER, Ellie feels at peace as she glances around the table. She sits next to Belly and tries not to make it too noticeable how much she's staring at her. If she could, Ellie's pretty sure she would look at Belly all day. Seeing her friend's face settles something inside her, it keeps her at ease. Belly's kind smile and beautiful brown eyes. All she wishes is for Belly to want to look at her that much too. However, she's well aware how unrealistic that is.

It's like last summer, at the end when she convinced herself she and Belly were going to kiss. As if Belly would ever want to kiss her. Ellie could never in all her life see Belly wanting to kiss her. It didn't make any sense. As her mom always said, Belly is destined for one of the boys, not her. Still, Ellie will wait and hope, watch as Belly falls in love with Conrad or Jeremiah. She doesn't mind, not really. As long as she gets to see Belly smile.

Across the table, Steven giggles at something he sees on his phone, and proceeds to show it to Jeremiah who also laughs. Ellie can already sense Laurel's anger before she's even said anything. Ever since the kids in the beach house got phone's, there's been a rule that if you don't stay off it during dinner, it would go in the phone basket. Or, "phone jail" as the kids liked to call it. Most people would probably be annoyed by such a thing, but Ellie honestly enjoyed it. Though she hates it when teacher's do a similar thing at school, she can't help but love this system in their own house. She wants to talk to her family as much as possible before the summer ends.

"Steven, I swear to God, if you look at that phone one more time, I'm putting it in the screen basket," Laurel threatens, predictably, face scornful as she looks at Steven from across the table.

When Steven gives an annoyed glance, Susannah smirks softly. "It's just, we want to see your beautiful faces," she explains, smiling when she sees Conrad placing his phone down along with Maddie. "Can dinner be a screen-free zone? You know, like the olden days."

"Steven," Jeremiah scorns when Steven still doesn't get off his phone. In one fell swoop, he snatches the phone from his friend, and tosses it into the screen basket.

"Dude, are you kidding me?"

"Boom! Nailed it."

"Okay, okay, okay, we get it," Steven rants off in frustration. "You've been working out."

"Don't be jelly, Steven," Dev tells him, giving a fake pout. "Want me to go get you a soother? Ready for bedtime?"

"He's just jealous because Jere has a better body than him," Belly states, smiling over at her brother sweetly despite her mean words.

"Uh, no, actually, it's all about the lean look now," Steven corrects, rolling his eyes half heartedly. "Otherwise, you can't wear tailored suits."

"Sure, sure."

"Can't have you without your tailored suits, Steven," Maddie agrees, picking up her fork as she starts to dig into her food.

"When are you leaving for training camp, man?" Steven asks Conrad, smile still on his face, and Ellie has to hold back a wince at the question.

Conrad's face falls, seeming suddenly uncomfortable by this inquiry as he looks away from the group. Seeing his brothers hesitation, Jeremiah decides to answer. "Uh, he quit football," he says, awkwardly fiddling with his cup of ice tea.

"Wait, really?" Maddie questions, looking to Conrad with a confused expression. "You quit?"

Giving a curt nod, Conrad mumbles, "Mm-hmm."

"Are you kidding me, man?" Steven asks, giving a forced sort of laugh as he looks around the table. "I'd-I'd kill to play college ball."

"He can always change his mind," Ellie adds in, scratching her arm. She'd heard this being discussed many times in their household. Mostly yelling done on behalf of their father while Conrad sits there, repeatedly saying he won't do it. "You know, if he wanted to."

"I'm not gonna change my mind," Conrad says, shrugging as if it doesn't mean anything to him. "I was just gonna sit on the bench all season anyways."

"Well, if you're not playing football anymore," Rosie begins, tilting her head with a gentle smile. "What are you gonna do all summer?"

"Oh, dude, you can work at the club!"

"Yeah!" Dev exclaims, excitedly scooting forward in his seat. "Yeah, with me, Steven and Jere."

"I'm not gonna work at the club," Conrad deadpans, shaking his head at them.

"Wait," Belly cuts in, surprised by this news about the three boys. "You guys are working this summer?"

"Yeah," Jeremiah confirms, smiling happily, clearly excited for his new job. "I'm lifeguarding with Dev and Steven's working at the snack shop."

"Oh, Belly and Maddie, I almost forgot. I have a surprise for you two," Susannah tells them as she pulls out two letters and hands one to each girl, smiling.

Laurel nods now, understanding coming over her features as she smiles at her best friend fondly. "So, this is why you had to stop by the country club."

"What, uh, wh-wh-what is that?"

Still smiling an incredibly bright smile, Susannah looks between the two girls as she explains. "I wrangled Belly and Maddie invitations to be debutantes," she says, clearly proud she managed such a thing. Considering the people who stay at Cousin's Beach, it is rather impressive she got them into such an exclusive event. Ellie would be surprised if it weren't her mother. She has a feeling people find it hard saying no to Susannah. Something about her is different than other people. She carries the same magic summer does.

"Is that the thing where the girls wear white dresses and curtsy?" Belly asks, eyebrows pulling together as she looks up at Susannah.

"I thought it was, like, a pre-marriage thing or something," Maddie adds, looking down at her invitation curiously. "Like, you take your future partner to it."

"Like in Gilmore Girls!" Dev exclaims, pointing at the girls with a smile. "Maddie you're gonna be Rory Gilmore."

"She already basically is," Ellie comments, leaning back in her chair and letting out a laugh when Maddie sends her a glare. "What! It's the truth. You and your books and sweaters and straight A's."

To get everyone's focus again, Susannah places a hand on the table. "It's when a girl comes of age and is presented to society," she explains, not noticing the way Rosie and Laurel send each other a look. "I-I know it sounds silly, but I swear it's fun. Girls come from all over New England to Cousins just to be a part of it. You'll make so many new friends."

"I cannot believe you are still holding on to this archaic dream," Laurel tells her friend, pressing her lips together.

"No, it used to be about finding a husband, but now it's about networking," Susannah continues, taking a sip of her wine. "They teach you leadership skills, like how to market yourself, and it benefits charity. It's, um, like a bat mitzvah."

"It is not like a bat mitzvah."

"Maybe not the best analogy," Rosie says, titling her head and squinting her eyes at Susannah. "Religious celebration versus girls parading around in dresses."

"Yeah," Laurel agrees, pouring some more wine for herself. "There is nothing religious about a debutante ball."

"The whole deb scene is bullshit," Conrad speaks up from his spot, frowning at his plate as he plays with his hands. "It's for sheep."

"Yeah."

With a frown, Ellie glares at her brother and says, "You're a sheep." She has to hold back a smile when this earns a fond eye roll from the boy.

"No, it's not," Susannah cuts in, frowning at the boys. "It's when a girl has a coming out--"

"Like, a gay coming out, 'cause I've had one of those--?"

"--it's a formal recognition she's reached maturity," she finishes, smiling at Maddie and Belly.

Laughing, Steven attempts not to choke on his food as he points at Belly. "Oh, sorry. I'm sorry. Mature?"

"Yes."

"Belly?"

"Mm-hmm."

"A-A couple months ago you had a cat funeral," Steven shoots at her, disbelieving all of this. "You made us all wear black."

"Shut up, Steven," Belly tells him, glaring back. "I saw you crying in your room."

"Wait, Mochi died?" Jeremiah asks, frowning now in surprise. "Dang. I'm sorry, Bells."

Under the table, Ellie reaches over to take Belly's hand, giving it a squeeze. Losing an animal can be really difficult. Ellie had a dog when she was little, and cried for hours when it died. It's was one of the worst days of her life.

"Belly. Maddie," Susannah says to catch their attention once more. "Don't you want to get all dressed up?"

"It's just not Belly's kind of thing," Laurel responds, then gesturing to Maddie. "Sounds like she would like it, but Belly's our feral little alley cat."

Across the table, Jeremiah, Dev and Steven have trouble containing their laughter at Laurel's comment. By which means, they don't control it at all. The three of them look at each other and then their plates as they giggle, trying to stifle their laughs behind bites of food or sips of water. Though seeing them like that makes something in Ellie happy, she also wants to slap them all for being so annoying.

"I'll think about it," Belly tells Susannah with a smile.

"Me too," Maddie agrees, placing the invitation on the table as she glances over at Conrad, looking away when she sees him shaking his head with a frown.

"They'll think about it," Susannah repeats, nodding. "Well, let me know as soon as possible. Ellie will be doing it this year."

Swallowing, Ellie shrugs as she feels Belly glancing at her. It's like a sixth sense sort of thing that alerts her whenever Belly pays the smallest amount of attention to her. Ellie looks over at her, pulling her hand away with a little smile. "It shouldn't be too bad," she whispers to Belly as the conversation at the table starts back up again. "Besides, I know it means a lot to my mom."

"Hm," Belly hums, an agreement. "Very much sounds like something Susannah would want you to do. Why me, though? Why Maddie?"

"She loves you guys," Ellie says, nudging her with her shoulder. "I know it sounds kind of lame, but doing it together might be fun."

Belly cocks an eyebrow. "You think?"

"Anything is fun with you," Ellie states easily, shrugging tensely afterward in an awkward way she often does when she accidentally reveals more than she wanted to.

In response, Belly simply smiles.

˗ˏˋ 🌷  ☀️   🌊 'ˎ˗

AFTER DINNER, BELLY immediately asked Ellie to go for a night swim with her, which she, without a single hesitation, agreed to. Her absolute favourite thing about summer is when she gets moments alone with Belly. Night swims, laying out on the roof and looking at the stars. Any moment alone with Belly is peaceful and a gift.

Ellie gets changed into a blue one piece bathing suit, and ties her hair up into a loose ponytail before quickly sliding on a pair of flip flops and then grabbing a towel. A lot of the towel's in the summer house tell a story of summer's past. Some with stains, rips and more which each have a story behind them. The one she selects is Spider-Man themed, with a small rip in one of the corners. Growing up, Ellie was always a big fan of Marvel, and so was Dev. Unfortunately, for some strange reason that fact led to fights between the two of them. This one was over who could be the better Spider-Man. The two of them were tugging on the towel, and eventually Ellie pulled so hard that Dev fell forward, cut his knee, and tearing the towel. Now, she would probably have a harder time winning that fight.

As Ellie heads down the stairs, she finds Jeremiah, Maddie, Dev and Steven talking and laughing together as they head towards the back door. The four boys always found something else to do on the first night. At first, Maddie would stay in with Ellie and Belly to watch a movie with the mom's, but when she turned fifteen that changed. For the last couple years it's been just Ellie and Belly with the mom's. And, though Ellie adores their tradition, she wonders sometimes what it's like to do something different on the first night.

The blonde girl follows after the group of four, pulling her towel closer to her body, a little insecure. It makes her feel childish, staying in instead of going out. However, when she catches a glimpse of Belly, a bit of that feeling subsides.

"First bonfire of the summer!" Steven exclaims, causing the four of them to laugh together in excitement for the night ahead of them.

The corner's of Ellie's lips become downturned when she sees Conrad sitting at the edge of the pool, legs dangling in it as he takes a drag from his cigarette. Though it's clear to Ellie that he doesn't have real feelings for Belly, she knows it isn't to her brunette friend. Conrad has never been good at dealing with his emotions. Ellie knows that he'll never get up the courage to date the girl he's actually been in love with since they were kids. Which is such a shame considering how madly in love with him she is. Letting out a sigh, Ellie tosses her towel to the side, sliding into the pool.

"All right, we're totally taking my car," Jeremiah says as he pulls out his keys from his pocket, then throwing an arm around Dev and Steven. "You're not driving."

"I refuse to be designated driver," Maddie tells them, laughing when the three boys shoot her glares. "Please, like I'd go to a party and not get high."

Ellie swims over to Belly, but the brunette girl isn't looking back at her, far too distracted by the boys and Maddie. Something in her gut twists, however she refuses to believe Belly would rather hangout with them than her.

Rolling his eyes, Steven turns to where Conrad still sits, smiling. "Come on, man, we're leaving," he says, gesturing to the group. "You ready?"

"Can we come, too?" Belly questions the group, nodding her head at Ellie.

Steven gives a fake laugh. "Uh, no."

Giving him a shove, Jeremiah offers the girls a kind smile. "The moms are getting everything set up for your movie night," he informs them, jerking his thumb back at the house.

    "See you," Conrad says, mostly directed at Belly as he puts out his cigarette on the pavement beside him, and proceeds to grab his beer bottle.

    Jeremiah gives a laugh. "Let's go, slowpoke."

    "Have fun with the moms!" Steven hollers in a taunting voice, chuckling to himself like he believes it's the most clever thing he has ever said.

The two of them watch the group of four stride away, their laughter echoing into the night. Ellie looks away first, eyes tracing over Belly's expression which is full of longing. The Conklin girl dunks her head under water, staying like that for a few moments, simply blowing bubbles out of her nose, before returning back up to the surface. Still, her eyes find the empty space the boys and Maddie once took up. It's clear she cannot get her mind off of it. Carefully, Ellie reaches out, moving Belly's face so they're looking at each other by grabbing the bottom of her chin. When they make eye contact, Ellie drops her hand, smiling.

"Wanna do our prank on the boys?" Ellie asks, smiling fondly as she looks towards the house, remembering the first year that particular tradition of theirs started. "We'll probably have some time before the movie."

"Um," Belly begins, bitting her bottom lip, looking from Ellie and then back where the boys and Maddie disappeared. "Uh, maybe later? Let's just . . . go inside."

"Oh, okay," Ellie agrees quietly, following after Belly. She swims to the side of the pool, and lifts herself out of the water, wiping her face off once she's sitting on the edge. When she looks back up, Belly is holding out her towel for her. "Thanks."

When Belly reaches a hand down for Ellie to take, the blonde girl can't help the light flutter that tickles in her chest. She accepts Belly's hand and it's not warm like how books usually depict the love interest hand being, but it's Belly's hand. "Do you really wanna stay in tonight?" she asks, giving Ellie a light tug to help her to her feet. "With the moms?"

"I mean," Ellie begins with a shrug as their hands sadly fall apart. "I guess it could be fun to do something else. This . . . I don't know, it's a nice tradition."

"Yeah," Belly agrees, wiping her face on her towel as they head towards the house. "I know. Just-- God, sometimes the boys act like we're five years old or something. Doesn't it bother you?"

"A little," Ellie admits as she opens the beach house's door. "But, I don't know, I'm used to it. Besides, I don't mind spending all my time with you."

Belly gives her a kind smile before walking through the door ahead of Ellie. As they make their way into the dinning room, kitchen and living room area, they find all the moms setting up for the movie night. Laurel is currently making popcorn over the stove while Rosie sits beside her on the kitchen counter eating chocolate chips, chatting with Susannah who is making batter for brownies. It smells over butter and chocolate, which makes countless childhood memories flood through Ellie's mind.

"Brownies are going in," Susannah informs the girls, glancing up at them briefly.

Laurel turns from the stove. "Go put the DVD in."

"Uh, do we have to watch It Happened One Night?" Belly asks, not seeming to notice Ellie's look of surprise aimed her way. "Can't we do something different?"

Laurel frowns at her daughter. "But we always watch It Happened One Night on the first night."

"We can watch something different," Rosie suggests, gesturing vaguely towards the stack of DVDs which reside in the living room.

"We could watch The Philadelphia Story instead," Susannah says, pausing for a second when she sees Belly hesitating. "Everything okay?" she asks, looking back and forth between the two girls in confusion, they're usually ecstatic to spend the night cuddled on the couch eating junk food.

"Yeah, no, I-I'm just . . . I'm kind of tired," Belly responds, pointing towards the stairs. "So I think I might skip the movie and go to bed." She looks to Ellie, nudging her. "Ellie's tired too."

Ellie scrunches her eyebrows. "Huh?"

"Right, Elle? You're tired?" Belly insists, giving Ellie a look as she takes her hand, hoping she'll get the hint.

"Oh, uh, yeah?" Ellie says, the answer sounding more like a question. "Yeah. Yes. I am. Sorry, Mom."

"Okay, darlings, yeah, sure," Susannah replies with a kind smile and a nod. "We can, uh . . . we can do the brownies another night."

    And, with that, the parents watch as the two girls run upstairs, hand in hand.

˗ˏˋ 🌷  ☀️   🌊 'ˎ˗

    THE TWO GIRLS now lay in Belly's bed, both staring up at the ceiling as if lost in this immense world. Ellie wonders if she should have just stayed with the moms. Finding something to do tonight is going to be hard if neither girls has any idea of what parties or hangouts are going on. They've never hung out with anyone outside of the house. Usually, talking and laughing with each other is enough. This summer is different, though. They're growing up.

    Suddenly, with a frown, Belly pulls out her phone, and dials a number. It rings a couple of times before the person answers, and Ellie recognizes it to be Taylor, Belly's best friend from home. "Why am I hearing from you?" the girls asks, clearly doing her makeup. "You never call me on the first night."

    "Um," Belly begins, not seeming to want to say she decided to skip out on the movie night this year. "Where are you going?"

    "To a show," Taylor responds, frowning when she sees Belly's nervous expression. "What's wrong?"

    "Save us from boredom," Ellie exclaims, sticking her head right up against Belly's so Taylor can see she's there. "Belly forced me to lay in bed with her in silence."

    "Belly, why are you torturing your friend?"

    With a roll of her eyes, Belly ignores the two girls and explains to Taylor what's going on. "Tonight, Conrad and I were talking by the pool, just the two of us, and it . . . felt different," she says, not knowing it's breaking Ellie's heart.

    "Good different?"

    "God, lets hope so," Ellie says sarcastically, the humour failing to meet her eyes. And, strangely, on the call, it seems as though Taylor notices. "It's painful watching you pine after him."

    "I'm not pining, and I don't, I don't know," Belly continues, leaning her head against Ellie's, almost subconsciously. "I mean, Jeremiah, Dev, Maddie and Steven came down, and then they all just left and went to this thing on the beach."

    "Oh, why didn't you guys go with them?" Taylor asks, applying some mascara to her eyelashes.

    Belly scoffs. "Like we care about a beach bonfire. And it's not like they invited us either, so . . ."

    "Who cares?" Ellie questions, sitting up all of a sudden, excited at the thought of getting out of this damned room. "We should go."

    "One hundred percent agree," Taylor chimes in, giving Belly a look through the screen. "They don't own the beach."

    Belly purses her lips, seeming to consider what both of her friends are saying. "Well, I-I did talk to this one guy, um, who asked me to come," she admits, smiling a bit.

    With furrowed brows, Ellie scoots forwards, intrigued. "Wait, what? Who was it?"

    "See?" Taylor says, ignoring Ellie's sudden questions towards Belly, which only annoys the Fisher girl. "Come on, girl. Go have fun."

    "Yeah, but . . . I don't like that guy."

    "But, I'll be there," Ellie says, taking Belly's hand in her own, giving it a tug. "Please! I want to go."

    "Exactly," Taylor agrees. "And, Conrad will be there. Go to the bonfire, get in his eyeline, let him see you all dressed up and looking cute. Look in your duffel bag." Ignoring the feeling of jealousy that sits uncomfortably in her stomach, Ellie reaches out to pass the bag to Belly as they both get up off of the bed. Belly unzips it, peering inside. "I've gifted you my secret weapon. Not to keep, obvs, just to borrow."

    Belly passes the phone to Ellie as she pulls out a little pink dress with spaghetti straps. As the brunette girl holds it up, she looks towards her full body mirror. In that moment Ellie can't help but think Belly would look beautiful in it. Then, she realizes that she thinks Belly would look beautiful in just about anything.

    "You see it?"

    Letting out a forced chuckle, Belly looks to her best friend. "No way in hell," she tells Taylor.

    "Belly, nothing's ever going to happen if you're alone crying in your room in your big T-shirt waiting for the boys to come home."

    Yeah, but . . ." Belly trials off with a frown. "I mean, won't you be able to see my underwear underneath it?l

    "So, wear a thong," Taylor and Ellie say at the exact same time, both looking at the girl like it should be obvious."

    "No. No. Thongs are unhygienic," Belly rants, frowning down at Taylor's dress. "Wearing a thong is basically like-like flossing your butthole."

    "Ew!" Taylor laughs. "Belly, thongs are mainstream."

    Ellie places the phone down, then grabs Belly by the shoulders so she looks at her. "Look, Belly, that dress will look gorgeous on you," she tells her, smiling when she sees Belly blush a bit. "Lets go have fun."

    With a long drawn out sigh and a barely contained smile, Belly says, "Fine. I'll go." She looks at Ellie, leaning in to boop their noses together. "Go get changed."

    Ellie's heart feels as though it's glowing.

author's note!
hey! i'm loving belly & ellie's relationship sm,
they're so cute. also, season 2 is sooo good so
far (but like also so sad)

thinking of writing a jeremiah (& maybe
taylor???) book so lmk if that's smth u
would want! have an amazing day/night :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 63 15
π‘ͺ𝒐𝒏𝒓𝒂𝒅 π’Šπ’” 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 π’˜π’‰π’†π’ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒏 π’„π’π’Žπ’†π’” 𝒐𝒖𝒕, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔 π’…π’Šπ’”π’‚π’‘π’‘π’†π’‚π’“.~
18.3K 231 25
Summer has arrived, but already Kristin Fisher is feeling a change in the atmosphere. From her oldest brother's bad mood, to it feeling like the who...
694K 14.1K 21
❝ it was rare, i was there, i remember it 𝙖𝙑𝙑 𝙩𝙀𝙀 π™¬π™šπ™‘π™‘ ❞ lowercase intended The Summer I Turned Pretty- season 1 jeremi...
1.9K 99 8
stop trying to keep us alive, you can't force the stars to align; when they've already died ! THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY SEASON 1 (oc x conradfisher...