Shadowed Secrets

By Aashna_Patel

Abandoned by his very own family, the child stood desolate in the midst of the road, the weight of solitude b... More

Prologue
Character Sketch
1-Haunted Heart
2- The Fragile Flame of Hope
3- Slipping Away
4- I Hate You
5-Unveiling His Deepest Fear
A/N
7- Bleeding Emotions
8-Unimagined Reality
Teaser
Chapter 09: Dance Of Deception

6- Chasing The Light of Hope

955 113 34
By Aashna_Patel

Vidya's suspicious gaze locked with Kaamna's, the tension between them palpable. Vidya's eyes narrowed, assessing the situation with a mix of concern and doubt. Kaamna, on the other hand, averted her gaze, attempting to conceal the sinister satisfaction that flickered across her face. It was evident to Vidya that Ansh's trembling and fear in Kaamna's presence were not mere coincidence. Something was gravely amiss.

In an attempt to reassure Ansh, Vidya tenderly caressed his head, her touch a soothing balm amidst the turmoil. "Anshu bacha, bhabhi is not going anywhere, kabhi nahi," she whispered, her voice filled with warmth and determination. "You need to eat. Main khana leke aati hun." Ansh's heart clenched with fear at the thought of losing the only person he trusted. He held Vidya's hand tightly.

Vidya pressed a gentle kiss to his head, her love pouring into the gesture. "Kahin nahi ja rahi hun main, bacha. Main bas khana..." she trailed off, her voice catching with emotion. Ansh fought back tears, his voice quivering as he pleaded, "Please bhabhi, mat jao." Akaansh, torn between his longing to embrace his younger brother and the fear of causing further distress, looked on helplessly, his heart aching for the pain they all endured.

Avinaash, placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. Ansh's body flinched involuntarily, his fear causing him to recoil from any touch. His voice trembled with a mixture of fear and vulnerability as he uttered the words, "Stay away... Don't touch me." The trauma he had experienced had left indelible scars, eroding his trust and instilling a deep-rooted fear of physical contact.

Vidya's gaze shifted to Avinaash, who nodded his head. "Bhabhi, aap yahi ruko. Khana main le aata hun," he offered. Vidya exhaled a weary sigh and nodded her head. With a mix of concern and determination, she turned her attention back to Ansh, who remained tightly shut off from the world, his eyes closed in a cocoon of fear.

Her touch became more tender, her fingers gently caressing his head in an effort to provide the comfort he so desperately needed. She whispered soothing words into his ear, a melody of reassurance designed to pierce through the darkness that consumed him. Vidya's heart raced with worry as she tried to unravel the mystery behind Ansh's paralyzing fear. The way he flinched at Avinaash's touch had ignited a fear within her—an unsettling question that dared to be asked: Had he suffered abuse? The mere thought sent a chilling shiver down her spine.

Ansh's eyes fluttered open, cautiously scanning the room. The absence of that woman brought a sense of temporary respite, allowing him to exhale a sigh of relief. His gaze wandered around the unfamiliar surroundings, taking in the details of the room. His attention shifted to the bed, adorned with clean sheets and a soft mattress. A peculiar discomfort surged within him, unfamiliar with the concept of sleeping on anything but the cold, unforgiving floor.

For four long years, Ansh had endured nights spent on bare, dirty floors, devoid of comfort and warmth. It had become his norm, his harsh reality. He couldn't shake the memories of nights spent in fear and uncertainty, where sleep was elusive, and safety was a distant dream.

Akaansh looked at Ansh, who was staring at the room, he asked -"kya hua?" The softness in Akaansh's voice tugged at his heart, stirring memories of their cherished. A wave of longing washed over him, yearning to embrace akaansh.

Ansh's teary eyes bore into Akaansh's soul, filled with a mixture of pain, confusion, and a desperate plea for answers. They demanded an explanation, a reason behind the shattered trust that had left Ansh reeling. Akaansh could not bear to meet Ansh's gaze, for he knew the depth of the wounds he had inflicted upon his innocent child. The enormity of his actions rendered forgiveness an elusive concept, an impossibility in his eyes. In the face of his transgressions, he harbored a profound sense of self-condemnation, believing that perhaps death was the only fitting punishment for his unforgivable crime.

Avinaash entered the room, with a plate of food in his hand. He approached Vidya and handed ove the plate to her. she tore off a small piece of food and extended it towards Ansh.

Ansh gazed into Vidya's eyes, his own brimming with a mixture of longing, gratitude, and vulnerability. It had been four long years since anyone had stirred such profound emotions within him. No one had ever nurtured him or made him feel this cherished. The days of hunger he had endured seemed trivial compared to the deep yearning he had harbored for love and solace. Even the simplest act of affection overwhelmed him.

Vidya's voice dripped with love as she spoke, "Kya hua, bacha? Kha na... yeh pasand nahi hai?" In that moment, he would have devoured anything from her hands. Ansh shook his head gently, his mouth slightly agape, eager to receive the morsel she offered. A tender smile played on Vidya's lips as she fed him, infusing each bite with a love that made even the simplest food taste heavenly.

With only one roti consumed, Ansh felt a sense of fullness washing over him. "Bas, bhabhi, aur nahi," he murmured, his voice laced with contentment.

Concern creased Vidya's face as she worriedly responded, "Bacha, tune khaya hi kya hai? Doctor ne bola tha you need to eat properly. Thoda sa kha le, bacha."

Ansh shook his head gently, his eyes reflecting a mixture of gratitude and apprehension. "Nahi, bhabhi. Mujhe bhook nahi hai," he admitted. Eating more would risk him feeling nauseous as his body was not accustomed to consuming such quantities.

Akaansh's concern for the boy deepened as he observed Ansh's frail frame. The young boy, who used to have an insatiable appetite, now appeared emaciated. Akaansh couldn't fathom what might have happened to him. He needed to find out.

Understanding the gravity of the situation, Vidya nodded and handed Ansh his medicines. He took them without uttering a word. "Acha, ab thodi der aaram karle," she gently suggested, her eyes reflecting concern. "You look exhausted. Come on, lie down."

Ansh glanced at her, appreciating her care and support. "Mujhe jana hai, bhabhi," he replied, his voice filled with gratitude. "Thank you for everything you did for me, but I need to go."

Vidya's heart sank at his words. "Jana hai? Kahan jana hai?" she asked, her voice laced with worry.

Ansh lowered his gaze, knowing he had no home to return to. He had lived in a dark cage for years, and he yearned to escape, to go far away. He couldn't bear staying in a house where that woman resided.

Akaansh intervened, his voice firm yet compassionate. "You are not going anywhere, Anshu. You are living with us, and that's final."

Ansh looked at him and let out a bitter chuckle. "Aapko itni fikar kyun ho rahi hai, Dr. Raizada?" he retorted, his words tinged with pain. "Chaar saal baad suddenly aapke dil main aapke liye pyaar jaag utha hai? Yeh nautanki kisi aur ke samne kariyega. I'm not falling for this."

Akaansh was taken aback, shocked at Ansh's unexpected outburst. "Anshu, tu..." he began, but Ansh cut him off, correcting him firmly. "It's Ansh," he stated coldly. "Mujhe pyaar se sirf mere apne bulate the, anjaan nahi. Yeh haq aap chaar saal pehle kho chuke hain, Dr. Raizada. You are nothing to me, absolutely nothing."

Akaansh felt a sharp pang in his heart with each word Ansh uttered. His eyes welled up with tears, but he quickly looked away, concealing his emotions. He knew he deserved Ansh's anger and resentment. He would endure anything from Ansh, but he would never let him go, not now, not ever.

Vidya shook her head, her eyes filled with determination, and she gently cupped Ansh's face in her hands. "Kahin nahi ja raha tu," she asserted firmly. "Tere man mein mere liye zara sa bhi pyaar hai toh." She took his hand and placed it on her head, her voice filled with solemnity. "Mere sar ki kasam hai tujhe, agar tune is ghar se bahar kadam bhi rakha, toh tu mera mara hua muh dekhega."

Ansh was shocked, his hand immediately recoiling from her touch. His eyes welled up with tears as he struggled to comprehend her words. "Yeh sab aap kya kar rahi hain, bhabhi? Please, don't do this," he pleaded, his voice quivering with emotion.

Vidya's tears streamed down her face as she beseeched him, her voice filled with desperation. "Don't do this to us, Anshu. Please, bacha, give us a chance." Ansh felt torn, his heart heavy with conflicting emotions. He couldn't bring himself to reveal the truth—that woman would never let him live in peace. She would make it her mission to turn his life into a living hell.

sat on her swing, her expression eerily calm, like the calmness that envelops the sea before a storm strikes. In front of her sat a person, bound to a chair, trembling with fear.

Kaamna spoke calmly, her voice laced with controlled anger. "Kahan the tum?" The person was too terrified to utter a word. He had left for a moment to grab a meal, and in that fleeting moment, the boy had seized the opportunity and escaped. When Kaamna discovered this, her fury knew no bounds.

She rose from her swing, taking deliberate steps towards him, closing the distance between them. Leaning down to his level, she whispered in a chillingly low voice, "Kaha tha maine, ek pal ke liye bhi usse nazar mat hatana?" The person nodded his head, his fear palpable.

Then, she unleashed her rage, screaming at him, her palm connecting forcefully with his face. "Toh kahan the tum?" she demanded, her voice filled with fury.

The person stammered, struggling to form words. "Main... mai..." Before he could complete his sentence, Kaamna grabbed his hair, causing him to wince in pain.

Kaamna gritted her teeth, her voice laced with menace. "Tumhari wajah se woh ladka bhaag gaya. Do you think I'll let you escape without consequences?" She released her grip on him and retrieved a gun from a drawer, pointing it directly at him.

The person trembled in fear, his voice pleading. "Please, madam ji, humein jaane dijiye. Hum aapse maafi mangte hain... humne..." Before he could finish his sentence, Kaamna shot him in the leg, causing him to cry out in pain.

Kaamna's voice dripped with danger as she spoke, "Yeh tumhari saza hai. Enjoy." She left the room, locking the door behind her, leaving the person to endure the pain and face the consequences on his own.

Akaansh, lost in his own world, sat on the beach with his best friend, Vijay, who had been a constant support through every high and low in his life.

Vijay placed a comforting hand on Akaansh's shoulder, his voice filled with empathy. "It's okay to cry sometimes, Akaansh. We're all human beings. I still disagree with the things you're doing, but kya karun yaar tera saath chor bhi nahi sakta tera saath de bhi nahi sakta"

A single tear escaped from Akaansh's eyes as he struggled to find words. "Mera bacha, Vijay... maine apne haathon se..." He buried his hands in his palms, overcome with grief. He cried his heart out, mourning the pain he had caused his own child. He wept for the sleepless, lonely nights spent without his child. After four long years, his child had returned to him, but he couldn't even embrace him. He felt utterly helpless.

Vijay held Akaansh tightly, providing solace through their embrace. Deep down, he wished they could find a solution to the problem that had torn them apart. However, he himself was trapped, caught in a web where one wrong move could end everything in seconds.

Akaansh after regaining his composure, expressed his dilemma with a heavy heart. "Kya karun main, Vijay? Rasta har jagah se band hai. I can't take a step where danger doesn't lurk. I can't afford to take such a risk, nor can I bear the thought of losing my child all over again."

Vijay, feeling equally helpless, offered a suggestion. "Maybe we could go and find out, dig deeper into the situation."

Akaansh's helplessness seeped into his voice as he replied, "Wohi koshish kar rahe hain hum chaar saal se, Vijay. Aaj tak koi hal nahi mila. In these four years, I have remained distant from my child, and I haven't been able to protect them. I feel like a failure. I'm tired, Vijay. I can't tolerate it anymore."

Vijay's voice resonated with a fiery determination as he commanded, "Bakwas mat kar! Get up and get back to work! I'm sure there's a way to stop this madness. Now that your child is safe, right in front of your eyes, tera dimaagh bhi tez dorehge. Stop talking like that and be the akaansh sher raizada that you have always been!"

Akaansh's lips curled into a faint smile, uplifted by the force of Vijay's words. His best friend had been his unwavering pillar of support throughout the tumultuous journey. Without Vijay by his side, he would have succumbed to despair long ago. They needed to confront this ordeal head-on and find a resolution.

Akaansh's determination intensified as he pledged to win his child back and restore their lives to normal, regardless of how long it took.

A/N:

I sincerely apologize for the delay, life got a bit hectic, but i've finally managed to update. I truly hope that you'll enjoy reading it. Please take a moment to share your views in the comments section below.

Target- 60 votes and comments

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

725K 39.5K 50
𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 1-𝗥𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗦𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 From the very beginning, he was "Her's" it was as if they were destined to be together. They cam...
71.4K 2.9K 28
He had to choose. He choosed, and left his brothers who were his life. To keep them save, to save them from there own mother. A woman, the world fear...
79K 4.8K 37
A boy who called himself orphan and spends every night sheding tears. Whereas a boy who is living in care of his three elder brothers. A brother who...