"Tiny, Innit?" | Rebirth! Bab...

By Cinnamon_Fam_Studios

!!COVER ART IS NOT MINE, BELONGS TO @/Shmeckdoesstuff on TWITTER & INSTAGRAM!! What if Dream messed up Tommy'... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 | Ghostly Visitor's Interlude |
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10 | An Interesting Visit |
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 | One Scout from the Unkindness |
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 9

592 18 12
By Cinnamon_Fam_Studios

Lunch hour had passed and Puffy was quickly walking through Snowchester. She put a beanie back on Tommy's head and covered him with his blanket. Since it was her turn to take care of him, she had two bags on her. Her work satchel & the duffle bag. From an outside perspective, she would have looked like a busy mother on the run, which she probably was at the moment. She had to get to underground fields since all the people were working on the upper surface of the town. Tubbo had said the people could choose how to build the town since he really didn't take the role as head of the community. So they started building a comfy and freely secured town. Free access to the seaside, decorating to their own personal aesthetics, & providing for everyone with their own skills. Most of the builders were working on building and structures, so there were few farmers to start working on figuring out a farm system. Puffy ended up being the lead of the few farmers who thought of a way to supply food. One of them mentioned how a certain person had created an underground potato farm during the Pogtopia days. It made good sense to try it since the ground was most likely soil above ground. So they had started digging and building under the earth. They had cleared a wide area after about a week of working on it and last time Puffy had checked in on them, they were laying down fresh soil so they could.

As they walked, Puffy found the entrance to the tunnel and descended down it. There was a long staircase leading downwards but there was a ramp for the carts to be pushed up, so she decided to use it since it was faster. The duo haired woman hopped into a nearby cart and settled herself and Tommy in it.

"You ready, Tommy?" she asked, looking down at the blonde.

Tommy responded with a slight head bump to her chest. Puffy pushed up the leaver and the cart unhinged itself. It rolled forward and downwards at a slow speed. There was a little rumble but wasn't too much to disturb the flow of the cart. The temperature slowly changed as the descended since the heat from the torches was balancing out the cold air from the entrance. The ride wasn't too long and not short like how it was for the water tunnel. Once the two reached the bottom of the track, there stood two of the local farmers looking at a sheet of paper. Puffy hoped and trouted over to them.

"Yo good morning, Gentlemen! How are things holding up hear" greeted Puffy.

"Oh, hello Captain! We are actually doing pretty well. We started plowing the ground this morning and we are almost done sowing but we need more seeds" explained one of the farmers.

"What seeds are already planted?" asked Puffy, placing her hand on her hip.

"Wheat and carrots, but they only take up one-fourth of the fields" stated the other farmer.

"Well, let me think," said Puffy, as she scanned the paper they were holding.

"I think I have a spare sack of potatoes in my storage and I think Foolish has some spare sacks of seeds somewhere" she informed, snapping her fingers.

"That's wonderful, we'll send some workers to get them from you" smiled one of the farmers.

"Nah, you can just send one worker with a cart" expressed the duo haired woman, bumping the cart in question.

"Are you sure Captain? You seem to have your hands full?" questioned the farmer, gesturing to the blanket bundle in her arms.

"I'm sure, besides I need to head over and help the folks in Kinoko soon so it would be fast one of your guys could bring a cart" stated Puffy.

The two farmers exchanged glances and struggled. They called someone over from the field. Puffy hopped back into the cart and waited for the worker to come over and climb into it. Once they were in, the duo haired woman reached back and pushed up the leaver. This reversed the track and it moved back upwards.

"We should be gone long" waved Puffy.

The two head farmers returned the wave and started amongst each other once more. Once Puffy and the worker reached the top, she got out and checked Tommy under the blanket. He was gnawing at the blanket while the beanie was covering his eyes. She pushed the beanie just up a little bit so he could see. He just looked up at her before squealing happily.Puffy smiled but panicked when she realized she wasn't alone.

"What was that?" asked the worker, looking around.

"What was what?" inquired Puffy, covering Tommy again.

"You didn't hear that" questioned the worker, lifting a brow.

Puffy shook her head and started walking away.

"Lets get those seeds, come on" assured Puffy.

The worker shrugged and grabbed the cart to follow after her. Puffy let out a small sigh, that was pretty close but things should be smooth from here. The streets were busy and the sounds from the crowd would throw the worker off. The streets seemed to have been much less busy compared to this morning but nonetheless lively. After moving through the semi-crowded streets by the shops, they had reached the neighborhoods and stopped just at the bottom of Puffy's house steps.

"Okay, I'm going to grab the potatoes, you stay here" stated Puffy.

"Are you sure you won't need help, Captain?" asked the worker.

"I'll be fine, just stay put" informed Puffy, giving the worker a head pat before walking up the stairs.

She fished out her keys and opened the door. The house was the same as she had left it this morning, though the smell of pancakes had faded. She closed the door behind her and set the duffle bag down. She unraveled Tommy and held him up. Made more squealing noises and squirmed a little bit.

"Okay Tommy, I might have to be irresponsible for a few minutes. I'm gonna leave you here for a bit while I help the others out but I'll be back so we can head over to Kinoko" explained Puffy, as she entered the room with the playpen.

The blonde boy tilted his head a little confused. The duo haired woman sighed and set him down into the pen. She placed the duck toy from the bag in front of him.

"Honky will keep you company while I'm gone. I swear Tommy, I will be back as soon as possible" stated Puffy.

She knew Tommy couldn't properly respond but she had to stress that she was gonna come back for him. She didn't know why but she felt like she had to. The small blonde just stuck his tiny tongue and started playing with his toy. Puffy let out a shake laugh before darting into the hallway. She went to her storage room in the basement. She had to find the potatoes quickly so she could drop by Foolish's house for the seeds and get back to Tommy. It wasn't good to leave young ones on their own for too long but she had to help carry other things. After a few moments of search, Puffy found three sacks of potatoes. She pulled them out of the chest and plopped down on the floor. The duo haired woman then hooked two of the bags onto her belt and picked up the last one. Though they were heavy, they equaled out the weight so she could walk back up the stairs. She kicked the front door open & whistled for the worker.

"Hey! Catch" she called, as she tossed the bag in her hand down to them.

They stumbled back when it dropped into their arms but they managed to put it into the cart. Puffy did the same thing again with the other two bags. Once they were in the cart, the worker pushed it back onto the stone path to get its wheels moving again.

"Is that all captain?" asked the worker, tipping up their hat.

"From my house yes, we gotta drop by Foolish's for the seeds' ' exclaimed Puffy.

The worker nodded and started walking up the path. Puffy stepped down to close the door but noticed something from the corner of her eye. A black blur swooshed past her. She glanced around for a minute, trying to figure out what it was. As she looked, it seemed to have disappeared. Puffy shrugged it off and guessed it was someone's lost winter hat that got swooped away by the wind. She locked the door and followed after the worker.

Almost twenty minutes had passed once Puffy and the worker returned to the underground fields. Turns out Foolish had been needing a reason to get rid of his melon seeds and they had to borrow a neighbor's spare cart to carry the sacks of seeds. The head farmers thanked Puffy for her donations and said they would take it from there, which was quite a relief. As the duo haired woman waved the group of people farewell, she was jogging back to her house to get Tommy. She never meant to leave him alone for as long as she did and hoped the neighbors would file a noise complaint. Once she spotted her house, she noticed a man standing outside it.

That didn't seem good.

"Excuse me?" she called, as she slowed down her pace as she approached the man.

He looked over at her curiously but switched to a calm one.

"Oh hello Captain, It's good to see you" greeted the man, extending his hand.

"Hi, I don't think we have met," Puffy stated, trying to hide her concern.

"Sorry, I'm Fish-man. I live just up the road. I was passing by your house and heard a strange noises coming from it" explained the man.

"What kind of noises?" asked Puffy, nervously.

"Like a squawking bird. I notice you have a few of them settled atop of your house and I wanted to know if you needed help getting rid of them" expressed Fish-men, gesturing to the rooftop.

Puffy lifted a brow and took a step back to look up. Just as the man said, a large of black birds had settled themselves atop of her house. They were pretty and big and slick looking, and looked very familiar.

"Oh,it's all fine. This happens a lot for me. Sorry for the noise sir" apologize Puffy.

"You sure, Captain?" questioned the man, concerned.

"I'm sure, these kinds of birds aren't too bad," claimed Puffy.

"Okay then, have a good day Captain" said Fish-man, as he started up the path.

Puffy gave a slight wave before sighing from relief. She looked back to the birds atop her house. The birds were ravens, but not normal ones. They belonged to Dream and were normally with him. But since he has been in prison, they have been switching from hanging around her, Punz, or on their own. I guess today they chose her home to stay at. Puffy let out a groan as she walked up to her door. Hopefully they hadn't disturbed Tommy while she was gone. She unlocked the door and headed inside.

"Tommy, I'm back!" she called, walking towards his room.

She swung open the door and saw an unexpected sight. Tommy was laying on his back while reaching upwards to a particular large raven that was perched on the side of the playpen.

"What the muffin" cursed Puffy, catching the raven's attention.

The raven croaked at the duo haired woman, moving from side to side.

"Don't you sassy me" remarked Puffy, snapping her fingers.

The raven croaked again but flew over to her, landing on her shoulder.

"You're the reason the flock is her aren't you" scowled Puffy, gently flicking the bird's beak.

The raven returned the flick with a nip at her hair.

"I will put you outside with the others" threatened Puffy, as she moved towards Tommy.

The blonde boy started making squealing noises and seemed to have a somewhat tight grip on Puffy's jacket.

"I'm sorry Tommy, the transportation took a bit longer than I wished" said Puffy, pressing a gentle kiss to the blonde's cheek.

He just responded with a coo that sounded similar to a purr. The duo haired woman moved to sit in a nearby armchair in the corner. The raven on her shoulder moved to perch itself on the back of the chair. Puffy laid Tommy on her chest and rubbed his back gently. He stayed very still, besides the small flicks from his tail. It was best for this moment to be nap time for him.

"Maybe Kinoko can wait for another day" sighed Puffy, leaning back so she could get comfortable.

The raven made a soft caw this time and moved to settle on Puffy's head. She leaned it against the chair and closed her eyes. It was nap time for all three of them, she guessed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494K 17.7K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
354K 17.2K 78
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
1.1M 50K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
907K 41.5K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...