"Tiny, Innit?" | Rebirth! Bab...

By Cinnamon_Fam_Studios

!!COVER ART IS NOT MINE, BELONGS TO @/Shmeckdoesstuff on TWITTER & INSTAGRAM!! What if Dream messed up Tommy'... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4 | Ghostly Visitor's Interlude |
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 | An Interesting Visit |
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 | One Scout from the Unkindness |
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 3

1K 25 1
By Cinnamon_Fam_Studios

The storm brewing over Snowchester wasn't too overbearing, but the winds were pretty strong. Sam had tucked Tommy against his chest, with a scarf wrapping his head to shield from the cold air. It was a pretty inconvenient time for the both of them since Sam wasn't the biggest fan of winter and Tommy wasn't able to regulate his body temperature, so hopefully the house he was trying to reach wasn't too far. He knew he could have waited until the morning or until the storm passed but Sam really needed to be with someone he could trust at the moment, especially someone he trusted with Tommy's care. That's why it was so important for him & his new son to reach his companion's house. Soon, the creeper hybrid heard his footsteps go from snow to wood going upwards. He had reached a set of stairs that led upwards to where a bright burning torch hung by a door.

"Thank primes" mumbled Sam, as he walked up the stairway.

He reached out and set three heavy knocks upon the door. It was now pretty late at night so she might be sleeping but he did need her assistant. Sam waited and listened for movement, before knocking again. He looked down at Tommy, who was trying to press his face into Sam's armour for warmth. Sam placed his hand on the side of the baby's face and rubbed softly to give a little heat since the cold plate of armour wasn't gonna help. After what felt like forever, the sound of footprints could be heard and the door cracked open. There stood a duo haired sheep woman, looking out.

"Sam" she questioned, quirking up a brow.

"Good evening Puffy, sorry to disturb you but I need your help with something" said Sam.

"Or someone in fact" he put in, as he leaned back to show Tommy in his arms.

Puffy didn't say anything and just looked down at the blonde baby. She then opened her door wide open and ushered Sam into the house.

"Where the heck did you get a baby?" she exclaimed, as she locked the door.

"Well, it's complicated but first, do you have any spare baby clothes?" stated Sam, as he placed Tommy on a nearby table.

"Maybe, they are probably deep in my storage room but I have some from when Dream & Foolish were young" informed Puffy.

"You can also explain while we head down there," she added.

Sam nodded and picked Tommy back up. He followed after the duo haired woman, as she opened a door to her basement. She flipped on the light before going down the stairs. At the bottom, they were met with a hallway with a bunch of crates. Puffy began making her way to the back of the hall and started going through crates. Sam just stood a distance away from him and watched since he wasn't given permission to search along with her.

"So Sam, where did you get a demon baby, especially a blonde one that looks suspiciously like Tommy? That prank isn't gonna go well" remarked Puffy, with her back turned to Sam.

"Um it's not a prank and this baby is in fact Tommy" stated Sam, as he glanced down at the boy he was now just gnawing on the blanket.

"Sam that's impossible, when someone loses a life, they don't come back" said Puffy, distress rising in her voice.

"Well it was, but Dream used a spell from the revive book he talked about, but he messed it up" explained Sam.

"I don't know what spell but it seemed like it remade Tommy, like Dream described as a phoenix thing" he included.

"So you are just gonna believe him? After you left him and Tommy alone for who knows how long in the prison" huffed Puffy, giving a side look to Sam.

"Wouldn't normally but there were the only two people in the prison and its inescapable, how Dream would get a baby if he was stuck and prison & Tommy just go missing only leaving a almost identical kid" defended Sam, as he shifted the baby in his arms.

"I guess you have a point there, but still you left him in there without thinking of how he felt" sighed Puffy.

"I had to do security checks as a warden Puffy, we talked about this" claimed Sam.

"So some dumb security checks come before the safety of the one you called your son?" fired Puffy, turning completely around to face Sam.

The creeper hybrid flinched as the woman stared at him.

"I was in warden mode, I had to keep the prisoner in the prison" said Sam, weakly defending himself.

"Oh my primes, you are sounding like Bad more every time you bring up warden mode" declared Puffy, gesturing annoyedly.

Sam furrowed his brows at the mention of the egg obsessed demon. The creeper hybrid was completely silent. Puffy moved towards him and grabbed Tommy. She brought his face close to hers. Tommy stared back at her, before placing his tiny hand on her face. She smirked softly and gently squeezed the boy's cheek, which got a bundle of noises from him. Puffy seemed to laugh quietly and moved back over to the crate with Tommy. She seemed to be whispering to herself & Tommy.

"Um, Puffy I-" started Sam, before the duo haired woman whipped her head around.

"We are going to continue this conversation later," she said, her tone filled with agitation.

"But for now, I need you to take this playpen upstairs and set it up in the spare bedroom, its the one on the right side of the hall" Puffy informed, as she pulled out a bag out of the crate and tossed it to the creeper hybrid.

"Eh, yes ma'am" nodded Sam, as he moved backwards.

Puffy nodded her head, and started grabbing something out of a crate. Sam heads up towards the stairway. He didn't want to upset her anymore than he already have. She had acted the way Sam expected, with a little extra unexpectedness but she accepted the aid of taking care of Tommy. Hopefully she would let him explain more once they got the boy settled into a more suitable environment.

It didn't take too long for Sam & Puffy to have tiny Tommy settled into Puffy's house. Sam had put up the playpen in the other room and Puffy and brought blankets & soft toys to keep the baby entertained. She also made two bottles for him, one with soup and the other with cow milk. The soup was to give some strength & nutrients since Tommy was malnourished after his time in the prison, and the milk would be for when it was time for bedtime. At the moment though, Tommy was interested in a toy duck that Puffy cleaned off for him. Puffy placed him on her bed to keep an eye on him. She put a pillow behind him before turning to face Sam, who was standing by the doorway. He had removed his armour and mask so he could have a proper and non-hostile conversation with the duo haired woman. Puffy took a breath before speaking.

"So you said Dream messed up a spell in the revive book?" inquired Puffy.

"Yes, which means it is real and the nonsense he spat about it wasn't a lie" informed Sam, as he rubbed his neck.

"Well then how did he mess up the spell if he had to book on him" asked Puffy. Crossing her arms.

"He didn't have the actual book, but he had memory of the spells in it and he hadn't practiced any of them beforehand" sighed Sam.

"And if he were to try and redo it, Tommy is a baby, no one would willingly kill a baby unless they were insane" he added.

"There is also the possibility of his phoenix comparison just being that Tommy's soul is now regenerated which I guess speed up the rebirthing process" explained Sam, as he ran his fingers through his head.

Puffy looked down at where Tommy laid on the bed, feet in the air and looking up curiously. She then stood up and walked over to Sam. She placed her hand on his shoulders to comfort him.

"Well, this is a lot and we can't do much to fix what has already been done," she said.

"But what we can do is do our best for Tommy, which is to be his new guardians and raise him in a safe environment" she stated, turning to look back at the blonde baby.

"I guess so" Sam sighed.

The two stood in the doorway before moving towards the bed. Sam leaned down on the floor and watched as Puffy leaned tiny Tommy back up into a sitting position. He made a few squeaking noises before turning his attention to Puffy, attempting to grab her hands.

"You know, he's much quieter than I expected" exclaimed Sam, his gaze softening at the small boy.

"Just you wait, he'll be keeping the both of us awake at some point" laughed Puffy, as she leaned her hand downwards for Tommy.

"Those are gonna be nostalgic nights" remarked Sam, thinking of his 1st son when he was young.

"Question though, should we tell everyone about Tommy?" asked Puffy, as she leaned back on the bed as she pulled Tommy onto her chest.

"Um, not everyone since things would get out of hand" replied Sam.

"Who can we tell then?" inquired Puffy, as she reached over for the milk bottle on the nightstand.

"Tubbo & Ranboo first, since they deserve to know about their best friend" informed Sam.

"Sure, we could tell them tomorrow" shrugged Puffy.

"Okay, but maybe later in the day since I have morning patrol at the prison & Ponk needed help with restocking" said Sam, as he stood to his feet.

"Alright, you can sleep on the couch in the living room, I'll put down tiny Tommy for the night" commented Puffy, as she sat up.

"You gonna be alright with that?" questioned Sam, giving Puffy a worried look.

"It'll be fine, go get some sleep muffinhead, I have a blanket and pillow waiting for you" assured Puffy, shooing off Sam.

"Okay then, good night Puffy" replied Sam.

Night Sam" dismissed Puffy, as she started rocking Tommy in her arms.

Sam closed the door behind him as he walked back to the living room. He saw a bright blue blanket folded with a pillow on top. He moved some things around, like pushing the coffee table over and placing the couch pillows on the armchair, before setting up the couch to lay down on. Sam turned off the light and blew out a nearby candle. He finally rested his head on the pillow and covered himself with the blanket. Everything was almost as silent as a mouse. The sound of wind blowing was a good white noise and Sam thought he could hear humming coming from down the hall but he was too tired to think about it for long. He just let himself succumb to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 47.6K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
306K 28.6K 66
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

129K 3K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...