Loving Merritt Forever

By lovelycrowsong

Part 1: Today was supposed to be my fairytale day. My perfect wedding day. I made my way to David, he took my... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Loving Merritt After~ Teaser
Loving Merritt After 1
Loving Merritt After 2
Loving Merritt After 3
Loving Merritt After 4
Loving Merritt After 5
Loving Merritt After 6
Loving Merritt After 7
Loving Merritt After 8
Loving Merritt After 9
Loving Merritt After 10
Loving Merritt After 11
Loving Merritt After 12
Loving Merritt After 13
Loving Merritt After 14
Loving Merritt After 15
Loving Merritt After 16
Loving Merritt After 17
Loving Merritt After 18
Loving Merritt After 19
Loving Merritt After 20
Loving Merritt After 21
Loving Merritt After 23
Loving Merritt After 24
Loving Merritt After 25
Loving Merritt After 26
Loving Merritt After 27
Loving Merritt After 28
Loving Merritt After 29
Loving Merritt After 30
Loving Merritt After 31
Loving Merritt After 32
Loving Merritt After 33
Loving Merritt After 34
Loving Merritt After 35
Loving Merritt After 36
Loving Merritt After 37
Loving Merritt After 38
Loving Merritt After 39
Loving Merritt After 40
Loving Merritt After 41
Loving Merritt After 42
Loving Merritt After 43
Loving Merritt After 44
Loving Merritt After 45

Loving Merritt After 22

55 6 0
By lovelycrowsong

Merritt awoke from her rest state, unsure exactly what it was she was feeling that alerted her to the fact that Levi knew where she was now, and was certainly on his way. Merritt's time alone was coming to an end, and she wasn't sure if she was ready. She still felt very angry towards Levi. Was devastated That Asher's demon had severed her from him. She also still had no idea what exactly it was she wanted to do with herself. She had endless time in front of her. Eternity without a purpose or drive seemed more a nightmare than a dream.

Merritt wished she could have more time to think about what she, herself actually wanted from her second chance at a life. Merritt decided to try and fit as much of the offered experiences possible into whatever time she had left on her own. There had been several options that spoke to her in the guest services binder she had read from the desk drawer in her suite.

Merritt called the concierge for the resort, to see if it would be possible to join some of the already scheduled activities this evening. Merritt was in luck, She was able to join and add her attendance to every thing she wanted for the night. Starting with a horseback trek through the woods. A chance to experience nature, with a horse that was raised to be accustomed to vampires, as well as trained to walk from lantern post, to lantern post along a marked woods trail under the stars.

Merritt was short on time as she changed into jeans, and the one pair of boots she had packed. They weren't really riding boots but they were going to have to do. Merritt buttoned herself into a fraser plaid flannel. Braided her hair before twisting it into a bun and securing with a white scrunchie. Deciding this was as woods like as she could get herself with what she had on hand.

Merritt ran through the hotel down to the yard and down the trail to the stables. Finding she was the last of a group of roughly a dozen vampires to arrive. Knowing it for certain when the host of the ride called her out as the last he was expecting that evening. Merritt did her best to not let on that she was bothered at being last. She was a prompt person. Last to arrive had never been her.

Merritt realized her mistake almost immediately. She had forgotten to put on any contacts to hide the unmistakable glow to her eyes when she had rushed to join the group activity before they departed from the stables. She had needed to run almost a kilometer from the resort to the barn. Merritt came to a stop as a vampire was mounting the first horse. All eyes turning to look at her.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt." Merritt offered, weakly. Resulting in low murmurs, and chuckles from a few of the guests who also fancied a night ride on a horse.

Too many eyes stayed focused on Merritt and the unnatural glow to her eyes, marking her as a newly turned. The resort employee, continued to help vampires mount their horses. There were eleven other vampires here, besides Merritt herself. Merritt felt like she was back in middle school, too much attention with no one speaking to you directly was never, ever good for your reputation.

Slowly, each of the vampires were seated onto placid, well trained horses, and sent out to enjoy the night air. Merritt stayed where she was. She had been last to arrive, and would be last to be mounted. Giving everyone else more time to gawk at her while they waited. A woman who was dressed like she was more familiar with the Victorian era than modern life was the first to approach Merritt. Smiling as she walked across the hitching grounds just outside the barn.

Merritt immediately knew this was a much older, and much stronger vampire than she herself was. As the stranger extended a gloved hand out towards Merritt in greeting. "Lady Mary St. Martin, and who might you be?" An accent like Levi's that caused her stomach to clench at the reminder of who she was currently still mad at.

"Ursala Singh" Merritt answered easily with a lie. Mary smiled at her, fangs just barely showing in her mirthful smile.

Shaking her head gently and still smiling, "No you aren't but you can keep your secrets for now dolly girl." Mary's hand cupped Merritt's face in an intimate gesture. "Such a pretty face, is your sire with you?" Mary asked, questing too close to things Merritt did not want to talk about.

"She is, she didn't want to see the horses with me, said they smelled." Merritt lied again. Thinking she had pulled off the lie rather well.

Again, Mary shook her head. "No he isn't little doll. Come with me, you and I shall ride together." Mary's voice raised in decibels, declaring her intentions. Several stable hands jumped, pulling forward a mare fitted with a side saddle for Mary, and a pony for Merritt to ride. Mary easily mounted her ride, beautiful as she adjusted her skirts over the side sidle. Merritt was not as elegant or effortless as she mounted the shorter pony.

The farm hand was apologizing for the pony, Merritt was the smallest guest and the pony named Plum rarely got to enjoy a ride. Immediately Merritt no longer minded having the smaller animal. She wanted her pony to enjoy the night walk with the other horses. It would have trained just as hard, and deserved to show how well it had been trained.

Merritt on her pony was led to Mary on her taller draft horse, and both started towards the forest together. The pony stepping high and proud beside the taller draft horse as Merritt rained praise on the animal. Patting the beast's neck and shoulders. The pony didn't seem scared of her, it had to have been trained around vampires from a young age. Animals knew to fear the undead. Merritt let herself live in this exact, isolated moment.

Enjoying the feeling of the silky mane of hair under her fingers. The living creature kindly carrying her on its back for her enjoyment. It was beautiful. The sky was clear and in such a rural location, the stars were brighter and more numerous than Merritt had ever before seen in her life.

Merritt had never ridden a horse on a real trail before, certainly never in the dark. After only a short time she felt like she had gotten a handle on sitting lightly in her saddle and moving with the pony. Taking her time to enjoy the sounds of the forest and the view of the stars in the clear night sky overhead.

The previous group of vampires were ahead of them, being much more loud as they reminisced about previous nighttime horseback nights they had all experienced. The group behind them just starting their trip. "I know you have not ridden a horse before, so why have you come out tonight?" Mary asked Merritt. Voice low, like she was keeping secrets of her own.

"Because I wanted to." Merrit hated how bratty she sounded then, More like Asher as a vampire than she wanted. Really, Merritt had loved animals when alive, had happy memories of times she had enjoyed the rare chance to ride a pony on controlled loops as a child. Merritt The vampire wanted to do something that was just for her. To make up for the fresh hurt and distrust that had been sown in her heart. For the distance now between her and Asher. He had promised her forever and then broken hem apart the very first chance he had.

Vampires had endless time, Asher should have stayed Merritt's forever. Months bonded as sire and childe had not been enough for Merritt. The connection was ruined all because Levi rushed everything. What hurt the most was that Merritt knew, that Levi knew better. He had bountiful years of bagged blood in storage, ready and waiting. He hadn't put that effort in for Asher's benefit.

Merritt's undead heart broke as her demon began to hum a lament. Levi knew Asher wasn't ready, and set him, and in turn also Merritt up to fail. Merritt's pain was all Levi's fault. Delicate trust had been broken, Merritt was unsure if the damages could be repaired. This weekend was going to be a test, Did Merritt want to stay the Merritt she had been, or could she find happiness in a completely new life. One that didn't include anything leftover from before. Not even Levi.

Ursula, started to talk to Mary. Not revealing anything more than there were some tensions in her relationship, wanting to perhaps find someone to help Merritt get past her own mental stumbling blocks. Mary seemed to be nice, Merritt's demon wasn't warning her of any problems yet. Merritt had enjoyed seeing Joy, talking through the change with her.

Merritt wouldn't ever get that closure with Gabi. She tried to pretend that Mary could hold a candle to Gabi as a friend. Even though that would never be possible. Merritt had only ever had one true friend, one person who had seen her just as she was and wanted the best for her. Merritt had continued to stalk Gabi online, keeping up with her life through social media.

Levi had arranged for "a long lost great aunt's" fortune to pass to her. So expertly, and carefully arranged that it would never become an issue. Gabi would get to live out her life comfortably, able to give her children a head start in life that she herself had not had, Everything she had ever wanted. Merritt had looked in on her friend and only wished her well. Merritt hadn't forgiven Levi, but she also could not deny that he had done a lot of good in her name. Merritt found herself very muddled and in need of a friend to bounce ideas and feelings against.

Merritt, pretending to be Ursala, began to try and talk more deeply with Mary. Who was more than eager to listen to anything Merritt had to say while on their horseback trek through the woods. Merritt hadn't spoken to another woman, not really since the morning she had died. She was starved for an independent female perspective on her problems. Luckily for her, Mary was more than eager to listen to anything at all that Merritt wanted to say.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4M 216K 49
Paranormal Romance (Werewolf) You know that movie Jerry Maguire? It's about this sports agent who got fired for suddenly having a conscience. Anyway...
231K 9.4K 75
"Mels I think we should break up" David said to her, his voice flat, no emotion, as though he wasn't blowing up her entire world with his blunt words...
126K 3K 36
Book two of a different kind of fairy tale series (can be read as a stand-alone but I do suggest reading as a series) *His fangs came forward. "Mine...
39.5K 1.9K 75
"Aana..." i flinched listening his voice. "Yess", I replied nervously and he took a step forward and held my hand in his. I froze on my place. "I w...