[Slow updates] Leave Me Lonel...

By jungkakes

Celebrities shouldn't hook up with strippers. And they sure as hell shouldn't fall in love with them either... More

Sin of 7 Cities - 1.
Castle in the Air - 2.
Seventh Heaven [18+] - 3.
Fool's Paradise - 4.
Cravings - 5.
Antsy - 6.
Covetous [18+] - 7.
Perfect Stranger - 8.
Enticing - 9.
Selfish [18+] - 10.
Fallen [18+] - 11.
Don't Go - 12.
Red [18+] - 13.
Gentleman - 14.
Competitive [18+] - 15.
Thunderbolt - 16.
Possessive [18+] - 17.
Consequences - 18.
From Left Field - 19.
Butter [18+] - 20.
Impulsive [18+] - 21.
Morning Person [18+] - 22.
Say Goodbye [18+] - 23.
Day One - 24.
Day Eighteen - 25.
Drunk - 26.
Just One Day - 27.
Yellow - 28.
Together Again - 29.
Pins and Needles [18+] - 30.
Sweat [18+] - 31.
Dressing Room [18+] - 32.
Bells [18+] - 33.
Miles High [18+] - 34.
Home - 35.
Bangtan - 36.
JVJ - 37.
Hangover Stew - 38.
Hybe - 39.
Heated [18+] - 40.
Ardor - 41.
Apologies [18+] - 42.
Kimbap and Chocopie [18+] - 43.
Fear - 44.
Intoxicated [18+] - 45.
Labret - 46.
3 Months - 47.
Control [18+] - 48.
Love Locks [18+] - 49.
Merry Christmas [18+] - 50.
Kim - 51. Part 1.
Taehyung [18+] - 51. Part 2.
Mine - 52.
Yours [18+] - 53.
Like Drugs [18+] - 54.
Unsettling - 55.
Cats Can Fight - 56.
No Air - 57.
Another Visitor - 58.
Double Trouble - Chapter 59.
Airplane Mode - Chapter 60.
Triste - 61.
So Far Away - 62.
Virgo's Groove [18+] - 63.
Angostura [18+] - 64.
Admit it - 66.
Hell and Back - 67.

Just Fine - 65.

10.3K 318 265
By jungkakes

...

[ Somewhere in Korea ] 

"That... looks... perfect." She peered at the computer monitor with a maniacal grin across her face, "No, seriously. You did a good job. I'll have to ask my mother to give you a raise or something." She had her hand on the male's shoulder, giving it a firm squeeze, "When can we release it to the press?" She had her hip braced against the man's desk, "I'd love for it to be included with the other couple we're planning to announce." Her crow-like eyes narrowed while her arms folded over her chest, "Can you do that for me?" Her voice dropped to a more alluring tone while she took a seat on top of the male's desk, perching her ass on top of it and giving the worker a sly smile, "Please?"

The male visibly gulped. Eyes turning to look at his computer screen once again, "But... Ms. Sora... Are you sure... You want to do this?" He pointed to the screen, "This is Jeon Jungkook... from BTS."

"I know exactly who that is... I know him very well." Sora's brows raised for a split second and then her gaze lowered, her tone switching to a menacing octave almost immediately, "Are you saying you don't want the raise?" Her lips pursed, eyes glancing around the editor's office before she shrugged, 

"Are you saying you care more about who he is than who he's with?" Her tongue clicked against the roof of her mouth and she huffed, "You know... this a very big office, Mr. Choi. It would be a shame for me to decide I'd like to use this room as my new lounge." She gazed at the window before her, "Beautiful natural lighting... Enough space to fit a great deal of items." Sora smiled, dusting off the front of her skirt, "How long have you been working here again, Mr. Choi?"

"I'm sorry." The male instantly bowed his head, "Sorry. You're correct, Ms. Sora. I was out of line." He apologized, frantically clicking over the screen to maximize the screen so that the photo took over the entirety of the monitor, "The picture looks great. I am sure the press will love it."

"We are the press. Of course, the public will eat this up like it's the best thing on Earth." Sora shook her head, sliding off the desk and landing on her heels with a satisfied hum, "But, I don't care what the billboards say. I care about what that hooker bitch girlfriend of his will think." Sora began to smile, her lips spreading so unnaturally wide that it spooked the editor, 

"I care about what she would think when she finds out her precious BTS boyfriend is dating... me." She sang the last part of the sentence out, doing a small shimmy with her shoulders while she looked at the gentleman who had been stuck to his chair with his mouth gaped open in both shock and fear, "Understand?" Sora cocked her head to the side and flashed yet another menacing smile at him while she waited for his answer.

It's not like she gave the man a choice anyways. The slimeball was just trying to do his job. Yes, Dispatch Korea was trash. The people who worked for the company were comparable to human waste as well tool. But to pull a stunt like this against Jeon Jungkook? Against BTS? Against Hybe? Sora didn't have the slightest clue what she was getting herself into, didn't she. Or perhaps she did and loved to push the limits. That seemed more like it according to the editor.

"Understood." The man answered anyways, eyes glancing over to his phone sitting idly by his desk.

"Perfect!" She chirped before turning her head to look at the computer screen one more time, "Send it to the pap." She ordered him with a threatening look plastered across her face, "Tell them you have no idea how those pictures were taken. Make them write something good about me too." She nodded once and then turned to walk away, leaving a shocked and very frightened editor in his chair.

With a hand tugging her phone out from her pocket with a smug look across her face as she called up a familiar number on her phone, "Mother! I found the perfect spot for my new lounge area in the building." Sora paused, her evil grin growing, "Mr. Choi's office. I fell in love with the view he has." She hummed while she tapped a button for elevator doors to open, eyes glancing over her manicured nails as she stepped into the company's elevator, "Just get rid of him. We don't even need him."

...

"H...Hello? Mr. Kim?" The man spoke with a hushed whisper into the phone, covering his mouth while he tried to speak at the lowest tone possible, "W-We spoke before... months ago. About.... Sora..." He held his breath while he allowed Taehyung to recognize him, "Yes. Yes--" He turned his head to the computer screen, eyes focusing on the picture on the screen.

It was a picture of you and Jungkook. Taken on a special day. A day Jungkook took you to Namsan Tower to hang love locks together. The day you met his parents. The day you solidified your love for one another. It could have been a beautiful picture. Taken at a far angle by a snooping paparazzi hiding in the literal walls of the tower. Your face was almost all the way concealed by Jungkook's bucket hat. But not quite covered and that's how the paparazzi were able to snap the perfect picture of the two of you. 

Remember that day? The day Jungkook told you no one was looking and it was okay for you both to kiss each other? Yeah.... that didn't age well, did it. 

If Jungkook had been positioned just a smidge more to the side, you would have been completely covered. Either way, it was evident a woman was with him. And it was more than evident that the two of you were kissing from the way you both had been leaned into each other. 

And no, there wasn't anyway this picture could be proven that Jungkook was with a fellow female staff member either as it was known that Jungkook had female friends and coworkers he frequented restaurants and other establishments with. 

This picture was not one of those this time. It was obvious he was dating someone.

But here's the thing... the picture was falsified as per the request of the she-devil herself. Sora. 

Yes, it was a picture of you and Jungkook before. But... Now it was a picture of Jungkook and Park Sora. The picture had been altered, of course. Using proper photo editing technology and a good eye, the editor was able to make the picture seem as though it really was Sora that Jungkook had been kissing. 

That leech! She just won't quit, huh? She just... won't give up.

The editor could see that Sora was way over her head now. Her obsession with Jungkook was about to not only ruin his life. But the lives of BTS if these pictures got leaked. Now, it's not like the employee gave a shit anyways. He was just smart enough to know that this was bound to blow up in his face if Hybe decided to counterattack and prove that it was in fact, a falsified picture. His job would be lost for sure, and he would most likely be shunned from this industry forever.

That wasn't a chance the editor was going to take, and little did Dispatch know, the editor in question, had been singled out by none other than Hybe themselves. Kim Taehyung, Park Jimin and their legal team to be exact. Offering the editor a hefty sum of money to destroy all evidence in Dispatch's database that might be harboring information about you and Jungkook. That included pictures. Videos. Recorded conversations. You name it, Dispatch had it. And let me tell you, the process wasn't easy.

BigHit had an exclusive contract signed with Dispatch to protect the members. Paying top dollar to conceal any potentially scandalous information on the boys from being revealed to the public eye. The editor's job was to erase any such data that may be recorded within Dispatch's systems before it went into the hands of journalists and of course, before they hit the tabloids.

To be honest, there wasn't much to sift through anyways. Either the boys were good at being private or they truly were transparent with their fans. Most people believed it was the latter. And so did the editor. 

As a true fan, you either loved your idols enough to understand and respect their privacy. Or you were an imbecile that knew no boundaries. Like Sora. A fan turned psycho who was set on ruining the lives of BTS to get what she wanted... and in her case, who she wanted. 

The editor was given strict warnings to report any weird activity to Hybe's legal team only, but V-Min weren't going to let it slide that easily. They wanted to take matters into their own hands. And so, the duo bribed the editor more money on top of what their legal team gave him to contact them directly if anything came up that would possibly harm. 

The editor managed to avoid doing so until now... Until Sora, the leader of the psycho cult decided to insert herself in the middle of it all.

And now, he was fucked.

"--Well, I wanted to inform you that Ms. Sora is planning to--" The editor continued to whisper, "She is planning to---" There was a sound from behind the gentleman and a yelp as if the phone had been thrown out of his hand, "N-No.. No!" He yelled and then the line of the phone went dead.

Leaving Taehyung on the other end of the call confused.

Leaving the conversation unfinished.

And leaving the photo to be published for everyone to see.

...

[ In your city ] 

"What about this?"

"Jungkook... You're meeting my parents. Not going to church." You sighed out loud, "Here. Wear this." You took the white button up shirt he had in his hand and replaced it with a simple black t-shirt instead.

"It's too plain." Jungkook whined.

"So?"

Jungkook gave you an exasperated look and turned back to his closet with a huff, "I want to impress them." He mumbled to himself, shoving the t-shirt you had given him back into a hanger before starting to tumble through more of his clothing, turning back to take a peek of your outfit and twisting his lips to the side while he looked back through his articles of clothing to find something that would match you, "How about this one?" He tugged out a shirt that matched the color of your dress, a coy smile on his face as he faced you.

"You're cute, babe." You caught what he was trying to do. Or what he was always doing. It was very normal in your relationship for Jungkook to match his clothes with you. You knew his tricks by now. He would wait until you were finished getting dressed and then come walking out in an outfit matching yours whether it be in colour, style or even wearing the same shoes as you,

"You're overthinking everything as usual but go ahead and wear it." You smiled at him, arms uncrossing from over your chest to walk over to him and reach up to fix a necklace he was wearing around his neck, tiptoeing up to him afterwards and pecking a quick kiss against his lips, "You're so pretty." You complimented him when you pulled away, watching the colour in his already rosy cheeks change to a brighter red almost immediately,

Your boyfriend made a noise of satisfaction and rubbed his lips together to melted the lipstick you left on his mouth from the kiss onto his own lips. Now giving his lips a pinkish tint to them which he appreciated it because Jungkook wasn't a loser like some men and he thoroughly enjoyed wearing makeup.

He didn't think sporting makeup on some occasions changed any part of his masculinity or macho-ness. If anything, more men needed to wear makeup because some of these dudes out here were oof... not cute. Besides, you didn't mind him doing it. And if we were being honest, you fucking loved it. And made sure Jungkook knew that you did. Especially from the way you always expressed how good Jungkook looked with a little smokey eye and tinted lips every now and then.

You helped Jungkook embrace that side of him and more often than not, Jungkook found himself thinking 'a bit of eyeliner or lip gloss won't hurt anything.'  thanks to the new found confidence you made him feel. 

He was grateful that you loved this part of him and was learning to explore it more, "I like when you call me pretty." Jungkook gushed, gaze adverting shyly when you caught him blushing.

"I like calling you pretty." You chimed, grabbing your purse and slinging it over your shoulder, "Ready to go?"

Jungkook started feeling over the back of his jeans as he nodded, "Hang on, my phone's ringing." He hummed, tugging his phone out of his pocket and smiling at the name on the screen, "It's Taehyung." He announced before answering the call and pressing his phone to his ear, "Hyung! What's up?" He spoke, eyes drifting to you while you stood there waiting for him.

You could hear Taehyung on the other end of the call basically yelling into Jungkook's ear. And although your boyfriend kept a poker face through the duration of the call, you had a gut feeling something wasn't right. 

I mean, Taehyung shouted randomly for no reason all the time but this time, he sounded different. For one, that Daegu accent of his was coming out strong from what you could hear but the words weren't clear enough for you to understand what he was even saying.

Fuck, your nosiness couldn't help itself and you began to ask Jungkook what was happening silently as he talked to his hyung, "Tell me." You whispered and Jungkook shook his head at you, holding a hand up and leaving the bedroom to head to the door, "Kook!" You called after him, speeding out of the bedroom to follow behind him as he kept the phone pressed to his ear,

"You sure it's nothing to worry about?" He asked Taehyung, looking over his shoulder at you as he slid his feet into his sneakers, "That just sounds kind of strange though." He murmured into the phone and you quirked a brow at your boyfriend, "I'll look into it." He nodded, grabbing the strap of your bag and twisting it around his wrist to yank you closer to him as you geared up to whack him in the stomach with the purse in your hand in effort to get him to tell you what was going on, 

"Okay, I gotta go. My girl's about to kill me." Jungkook chuckled and finally hung up the call, shoving his phone away back into his pocket, "Nosiness can kill a person, you know." He huffed at you, keeping the strap of your purse wrapped nice and tight around his wrist while he tugged you into his arms, "Taehyung says hi." Jungkook smiled cheekily at you and you groaned, trying to push him away,

"What was that about?" You ignored Jungkook as he tried to deviate the conversation, "Taehyung sounded like he was popping blood vessels." You were worried, "Is he okay?" You questioned your boyfriend but he only laughed in response, his head shaking while he let the strap of your purse unravel from his wrist to set you free from against his hold but you didn't move, "You're already acting weird.. Tell me, Jungkook. I've never heard Taehyung so mad before."

"What makes you think he's angry? What makes you think I'm being weird? That's just how we talk."

You stared at Jungkook in disbelief, your head shaking in surprise while you faced him. He was acting as if he wasn't your man and as if you had no idea who the hell him and his friends were. 

It was like you didn't notice his change in tone while on the phone. Or the way he already had began to pace in the apartment with the phone pressed flushed against his ear. You knew Jungkook like the back of your hand and he was out of his mind to think you wouldn't notice that he was being aloof,

"OH. It's like that?!" You had your hands on your hips now, eyes narrowing Jungkook's way while you huffed out loud, "Right, so I know nothing about you or Taehyung at all, right?" You rolled your eyes and continued, "You both were just talking normally. Just two best buddies talking about their day. Got it." You huffed, "That's just the way he sounds." You grumbled under your breath, "Just the way he sounds, huh. Like I don't know who Kim Taehyung is." You continued to bicker, "Like I don't know who Jeon Jungkook is." You continued, feet shoving into your own shoes.

Jungkook couldn't help but laugh as he stood there and watched you throw a fit over what his hyung and him were talking about on the phone. He had no other choice but to laugh. 

Nothing about the situation was funny enough to laugh over though. But Jungkook had to... hide what Taehyung was saying. To conceal the true fear he felt still coursing through his veins. Leave it up to his hyung to call him at a random time in the day to tell him he had just got off from an unsettling phone call with the editor at Dispatch.

Taehyung had explained to Jungkook that the call cut off before the editor could finish speaking and that it surely wasn't anything for Jungkook to worry about. And of course, if you tell Jungkook not to worry, he's going to do the opposite and in fact, worry. But Jungkook wasn't about to tell you that there was a person employed by Hybe to work on the inside of Dispatch to anonymously filter out any pictures that could potentially expose the personal lives of BTS. And he sure as hell wasn't going to tell you that said person has seemingly vanished after placing a cryptic call to Taehyung to warn him of an impending doom.

Imagine how you would react if Jungkook dropped all of that on you? On the day he was supposed to meet your parents too? You would probably drop the plans you had with your parents and run into the Dispatch headquarters fists swinging and blazing to find Sora so that you could put her in a headlock and choke her to death. 

He simply couldn't afford to let something like that happen. Besides, Jungkook didn't want to ruin what was supposed to be an important day for the two of you. He just hoped you wouldn't be mad at him for keeping something like this from you.

He just didn't want you to worry. Didn't want you to stress because he didn't think this was your battle to face. He was the idol. He was the celebrity. You were just a normal person. You didn't need to be put in the middle of the limelight like this. Especially against your will. Jungkook wasn't going to let you be dragged into something you didn't want to be a part of. And so, he took it upon himself to solve this issue with Sora. And he wasn't alone either. 

The entirety of BTS took it upon themselves to find an end to this once and for all.

Because you didn't deserve this.

Now, if Jungkook told you all of that, he knew you would have served him a big ol' slap across the head with the closest slipper you could find. He knew you would lose your marbles on him for even thinking he could take the brunt of dealing with a deranged saesang all by himself. 

And he was sure as hell if you knew what the Hybe legal team was up to, he would turn on the 5 o'clock news one day to find that you were being dragged off to jail for punting Sora through a wall. He just couldn't risk you getting yourself in danger over someone as powerful and insane as Sora. It wasn't worth bringing you into this mess.

And so, Jungkook simply laughed.

Laughed because that's all he could do right now.

"Babe, you know that if it was anything I wanted you to worry about, I would have told you, right?" Jungkook tried to play it all off between chuckles, grabbing you by the wrist once you got your shoes on, "You're so nosy." He playfully poked you in the middle of your forehead as he pulled you towards him, "I promise you, Taehyung was just talking about nonsense. I guess he sounded loud because I had the volume on my phone turned all the way up." He lied, "Believe me." Jungkook nodded even though it pained him to lie to you.

The lie seemed to work though because you willingly let yourself get pulled into his arms, sliding your hands around his waist to press your forehead against his chest while you hugged him,

"Sure, let's go with that." You muttered in defeat against Jungkook's chest, knowing that there was no way to argue with someone as stubborn as your boyfriend.

Jungkook wasn't someone you could just sway once his mind was made. And if he said Taehyung was just talking normally, then that's exactly what he meant. He wasn't going to switch up on what he was saying. And he wasn't going to admit of his lie either. Knowing that, you decided that you weren't going to question him any further... Even if you knew what you heard. It was pointless to continue fishing for something that wasn't going to take the bait.

You knew you'll find out sooner than later anyways. You had your ways of knowing what was going on in the world of Bangtan. You always knew the juicy details of things that Jungkook didn't feel the need to tell you. The gossip that Jungkook purposely excluded himself out of because he thought his hyungs were too dramatic to be grown men. 

You knew just who to hit up for it. All you had to do was pay your bestie Hoseok a visit for the details. He never knew how to hide anything from you. And if it was something that wasn't important as Jungkook repeatedly said, then you figured Hoseok would have no problem telling you. Yes... you made a mental note to do just that.

"Babe? Ready to go?" Jungkook asked you with a smile on his face when you pulled away from his embrace, seemingly already forgotten about everything that had just transpired.

You nodded, hand dusting off a speck of lint on your dress as you breathed out coolly, "I'm ready." You confirmed as you fixed your hair in the mirror of your apartment one last time. 

You almost forgot that you had other things to worry about. And by other things, I mean seeing your parents. That was a whole problem on its own that you just wanted to hurry and get over with. Pushing the phone call to the back of your mind, you extended a hand toward your boyfriend who took it and led you out of the apartment door,

"So ready."  You said one more time and then the two of you were off towards the next step of your relationship.

...

"What if they hate me."

"They could never."

"What was your ex like?"

"Jungkook... Does it matter?"

"To me it does."

Traffic wasn't helping this drive. And your boyfriend's worrying wasn't making it easier to function either. Jungkook was getting antsier by the second and you should have known this was going to happen.

It all started late last night. He was stirring around in his sleep. Flipping and flopping like a flapjack around on the bed talking about how stressed he was about meeting your parents. Going through how high the odds of your parents hating him were and listing off the things he was certain they wouldn't like about him too. 

You thought he was insane to even think like that. But you understood completely at the same time. You felt the same about meeting Jungkook's own family. He was a model son, after all. You knew his parents wanted the best suitor for him but you didn't think you gave his family a bad impression at all. They seemed to like you... even if you did turn up at his mom's house without underwear that day. 

It all worked out, didn't it? She never found out about that mishap and never thought anything was off about you either. The culture difference may have been a shocker at first, but they never made you feel like it. Besides, you did your best to make them like you. Helped his mom with dinner. Laughed at his dad's jokes. You made them fall in love with you by just being yourself.

If you could do it, you figured it would be a piece of cake for Jungkook to do the same.

Not to mention, you didn't think you were a model daughter either. Even though you left home at a young age just like Jungkook... he didn't leave home to become a stripper then began to sugar baby for fun either. Now none of those were bad things to do per say. But in the eyes of your parents? You basically shamed the entire family. They never understood it. Asked themselves where they went wrong with you. And yes, where did they go wrong? Good question. 

They went wrong everywhere. Giving you the typical eldest daughter treatment and pushing you to the edge until you had to leave all on your own. Then they wondered why you were out on the streets twerking for money? The constant pressure to be the perfect child was the reason.

Great, now the both of you were overthinking. Jungkook was worrying about what an ex that was no longer in your life was like. And now you were thinking if coming to see your parents was even a good idea after all. 

But it didn't matter now, did it. Because it was now or never. 

You knew you might never get this chance again because whether your parents loved and accepted Jungkook or hated him, this city was no longer your home. You chose Korea to be your home. And either way, you were going to move there. You had no plans to invite your parents to visit Korea unless they wanted to and you thought the best thing to do was rip the bandage off and have them meet him now.

Yeah... that was a good idea, right?

By the way, did it even matter what your ex was like? Did it even matter when none of them, no matter how well off and successful, couldn't ever come close to Jungkook. Did your boyfriend even realize that it was never about material things with you? Sure, fine dining and shopping sprees were always a plus. But you didn't fall in love with Jungkook because of his money. You fell in love with who was as a person. Your Koo.

It seemed like it mattered to Jungkook though who had no idea that none of your exes would ever come close to him.

So, how were you going to get him out of this headspace and convince him that he was better than anyone else? You needed to think quickly before you reached your parents' house. Next thing you know, he gets cold feet and dips out of meeting them before he even gets out of the car.

"Jungkook—" You hesitated, your own nerves were running high and you sighed under your breath, rubbing your lips together while your nails tapped impatiently over the steering wheel between your hands while you waited for a red light to turn green, "He was a lawyer." You finally answered Jungkook, "Older than me. Much older." You shook your head, eyes finding your boyfriend's own who sat next to you in the passenger seat of his brand new M3, "You know it doesn't even matter who my ex was, right? You know that they're all garbage compared to you, right?" You tried to reassure him but Jungkook only shook his head,

"A lawyer." He tutted, lips pursing sadly, "So he's better than me."

"Jungkook, I'll pull the breaks on this car so hard and make you walk back home if you keep talking like that." You blew air out of your cheeks and gripped the steering wheel tighter within your hands, "No one's better than you." You were firm, a piercing gaze slicing into your boyfriend when you turned your head to look at him once more, "You have nothing to worry about. Trust me." You reached over to him, cupping his chin within your grasp, "Don't even think about comparing yourself to a lawyer who had a wife and kids behind my back." Your voice dropped and Jungkook's eyes widened slightly.

He knew one of your ex's had a secret life involving a whole wife and kids. He just didn't think it was the one you brought home to your family, "Babe— I didn't— I'm sorry."

"Don't be." You cut him off, "Don't be sorry. Just don't ever think someone like that is better than you." You gave his chin a gentle but tight squeeze, "You're basically the best thing that's ever happened to me. That's the truth." You nodded, "And if my parents have a problem with that, well then that's their problem." You released his chin and forced yourself to give him a smile, "You're so loveable. There's no way they wouldn't like you." 

Your shoulders shrugged as you pulled into the driveway of your parent's house, "They would be out of your mind to not love you too." You nodded, grabbing Jungkook by the front of his shirt instead to tug him closer to you now that you finally had the car parked in the driveway of your parents' house, pressing a smooch against his lips, "Just remember what I told you. Be yourself. Okay?" You gave Jungkook another smile. One that made his heart swell within his chest, "I love you." You hummed, pressing your forehead against his, "Let's go." You whispered to him and Jungkook began to smile too,

He kept his forehead pressed against yours just for a second longer, eyes closing to relish in the comfort you gave him before he finally began to pull away, seatbelt sliding off his body in the process, "I love you too, baby." He breathed, hands smoothing over the legs of his pants, wiping the very apparent clamminess off from his palms, "Let's do this." He spoke more to himself than you, hand at the door handle of the car to open it and step out onto the pavement.

"Daddy!"  You were already out of the car and headed up the driveway to greet your father that had been waiting oh so patiently for your arrival, leaving Jungkook behind to grab the gifts you had bought for your parents out of the car's trunk.

Jungkook's head popped out of trunk of the car, "Yeah—?" He paused instantly when he realized you were skipping up to your dad and immediately ducked his head back into the car when you looked over your shoulder and gave him a weird look while your dad's own brow quirked in question, 

"Oh." He muttered to himself and felt like burrowing himself into the trunk so that he could disappear.

That's awkward. Did he hear?

Jungkook rummaged around in the trunk for a bit longer. Waiting for the red tint of embarrassment on his cheeks to disappear before he pulled himself out of the trunk along with a bunch of gift bags you had prepared. 

He slowly made his way up the driveway. Hesitantly. Shyly. With the bags in tow, Jungkook could feel his heart thumping wildly within his chest. Accelerating faster with each step he took until he finally standing in front of you and your father,

You smiled at Jungkook when he finally joined you and he swore he could feel any nervousness he was experiencing leave his body right in that moment, "Dad, this is Jungkook. My boyfriend." You introduced him to your father, taking the gifts from his hands so now that were now free and... sweaty all over again. 

Fuck. Jungkook wiped a hand over the waist of his jeans, attempting to rid the sweatiness of his palm before he reached a hand out to your father, "Nice to meet you, sir." He heard you snort quietly at his greeting and Jungkook's face flushed, knowing he sounded like a military scout by addressing your dad as sir. But what was he supposed to call him? Dad? Mister?

"Ah. John. Cook."  Your dad extended a hand towards Jungkook with a tight smile along his face, "So you're the little shit keeping my daughter from seeing me, huh? It's finally nice to meet the man that has been holding my little girl captive." He teased but Jungkook nearly jumped out of his skin at the comments, his entire body visibly freezing up while he stammered to respond, "Relax, son. I'm joking." He gave Jungkook a firm shake and then a rather strong but playful slap on the arm, "You got a nice grip there, John." He patted Jungkook's hand and you groaned,

You had an arm crossed over your chest and a finger rubbing at the center of your forehead as you sighed in embarrassment, "Dad, his name is Jung-Kook. Not John or Cook." You corrected him, "Please..." You heaved, "Just Jungkook." You repeated and your dad nodded at the correction.

Before your dad could respond, Jungkook was quick to chime in, "John's fine, sir." He answered in response and your dad chuckled out loud, head throwing back as he let go of your boyfriend's hand, laughing as if he had just heard the funniest joke of his life. Making Jungkook want to die of embarrassment so bad that he wished the ground would hurry up and break open to swallow him up if it could.

"Sorry. Jungkook. Got it." Your dad corrected himself, "And there's no need to call me sir, son. Relax a little. I won't bite." Your dad made a lunge at Jungkook who jumped back in response, making your father laugh even harder at Jungkook's reaction, "Just testing your reaction time." He teased and Jungkook could feel the uneasiness churning within his stomach.

"Dad, you're freaking him out." You complained, grabbing your boyfriend by the hand and tugging him closer to you, "I'm sorry, Koo. He thinks he's funny and tries to scare the shit out of all my boyfriends." You rolled your eyes and gave your boyfriend a apologetic look then shot your dad a glare before finally turning back to look at your frazzled boyfriend, "You're fine." You gave his hand a squeeze and Jungkook relaxed a bit more... just a bit.

"Is that my baby girl I hear?" Your mom appeared by the doorway of the house, lips spreading into a smile as she walked down the steps from the front door's porch to meet the two of you, her arms pulling and tugging you into a bone crushing hug, "I apologize on my husband's behalf. He thinks it's funny playing tricks on the friends our girl brings home. He means no harm. Just ignore him." She tried to comfort Jungkook as she pulled away from you, "It's a treat to finally meet you. I've heard about you but our little Y/N has kept you a secret for a long time."

"Just wanted to make sure you both were sane enough before I brought him here--" You grumbled under your breath and your mom gave you a stern look that made you huff, "Mom, Jungkook. Jungkook, my mother." You nodded between the two of them and Jungkook turned to your mom, head bowing politely as he spoke,

"You look almost as young as Y/N." He said with a small smile. He wasn't lying when he spoke. You truly did resemble your mother. So much so that he could swear you both were sisters than anything, "Nice to meet you." His grin broadened wider. Bunny teeth poking out cutely and making your mom instantly melt at that, her hand going to her cheek to feel the warmth spreading to them,

"Aren't you just as sweet as pie." She gushed, "Did you hear that, honey?" She called out to your dad to rub it into his face as she ushered the two of you inside the house, "Sounds like he's a keeper, sweetheart." Your mom winked at you, leading you and Jungkook through the front doors and into the cozy warmth of your parents' house,

Jungkook followed behind you closely as you entered the home, shoes sliding off his feet at the front door and lining up neatly next to your own before he made his way through a small hallway and into a kitchen where your mom had been cooking, "It smells good in here." He commented and your mom turned back to look at Jungkook, giving him a polite smile as he looked around the house, "Like home cooking." He sniffed towards the kitchen with interest on what your mom had been cheffing up.

The house was warm and smelled like good cooking. It felt like a home. Comfort. Like a hot bowl of soup on a cold day. Or an ice-cold lemonade in the summer. From the way you spoke about your childhood and parents, Jungkook thought he was going to enter a different world. He thought you were going to bring him home to parents who didn't care about you. But he was wrong. They had your successes displayed all over the walls. Pictures of you as a baby. Pictures of your parents on their wedding day. You on your graduation. Family vacations.

What went wrong? It didn't seem as though you weren't as close to your parents as you said.

"I cooked everything Y/N likes." She chirped, "Do you like steak, Jungkook?" She questioned your boyfriend and his demeaner immediately perked up at the mention of food,

Jungkook's stomach was about to growl in response all on its own and he realized he hardly ate for the entire day. Being too anxious to even stomach anything. Until now. Until your mom mentioned one of his favourite foods in the world... meat, "I do." He nodded eagerly and in came your dad almost on perfect cue, a goofy apron tied a bit too tight around his waist, making his aged beer gut overflow like a muffin top over the apron but who cared how silly your dad looked when Jungkook's eyes were on the tray with delicious smelling grilled foods wafting from the backyard to the kitchen,

"Let's eat!" Your mom announced with a smile, ushering you and Jungkook to the set table as your dad placed the food down.

...

"So, Jungkook, what do you do for work?" Your dad broke the ice with the most typical question a parent could ask, eyes fixated on Jungkook's face as he chewed his food, "You do work, right?" His eyes narrowed accusingly again, like any parent would. Especially your dad. He always used to be so stern. So... strict. He was the reason why you hardly brought friends home.

He always seemed to ask the worst questions and would judge a person if they weren't on the same level and class as your family. Jungkook's case wasn't different. Especially since he was your boyfriend. You could get away with your friends not having any particular interests to go to school or work. But your man? Yeah. Your dad would boot Jungkook out the door if didn't give him the answer he wanted.

"He's a singer." You spoke for Jungkook who seemed too frozen to answer.

"A singer, huh?" Your dad rubbed at his chin while he swallowed, "That doesn't make money." He shook his head, wine glass in hand to sip at the alcohol you had gifted your parents, "What are you like? Those garage band guys or something?" He questioned with a raise of his brow, "Shredding your guitars in the early mornings and waking up the entire neighborhood like these goofs across from us do?" He tried to joke but your mom was the only one to laugh in response,

"He makes good money, dad." You snapped, lips pressing together tight while you shot your father a look, "Trust me." You nodded, "Tell him, Jungkook." You looked at your boyfriend who had his eyes on the plate of food in front of him, fork poking and prodding at the meal as he chewed over his lower lip nervously,

Jungkook swallowed hard at the question, a hand at the back of his head to scratch nervously at his neck before he felt your hand at his knee from under the table, giving his thigh a reassuring squeeze as you paid no mind to him. He had a hand at his mouth to clear his throat now before he swallowed again, this time thicker than before, almost gulping as if he was scared to answer your dad, "I'm in a band called BTS... We're...--"

"Worldwide superstars... big money. Lot's of plata." You finished the sentence for Jungkook whose face flushed at your answer.

You knew your man was too humble to tell your dad just how popular he was. You knew he was fine with your dad assuming whatever he wanted about him. But that's exactly what your dad wanted. To paint his own story about Jungkook. He wanted Jungkook to be everything he didn't want him to be. Just so that he could tell you that he wasn't good enough for you.

And you knew Jungkook would take that. He would let your dad hurt his pride because he didn't want to flex who he truly was. It was endearing in a way. How respectful he was to point where he was nervous to even look your dad in the eye. But you didn't need Jungkook to be scared right now. He had been nothing but nice to your parents and that was just how his personality was. Your dad needed to give credit where it was due. And it was due right now.

Your mom hummed in question now, popping a forkful of food into her mouth as she studied Jungkook while she chewed, "I've heard of you guys. Your cousin is a huge fan of them, honey." She looked at you with a smile, "You know what? I believe she likes the tall one. You know the one with the dimples? Is he your friend?" Your nodded towards Jungkook, "Is he from the same band?"

"Ah... yeah. He's um... our leader. We're all in the same group." Jungkook could feel his face burning hotter than ever before as you stifled your laugh from beside him.

"Oh yes.... I see it now. Handsome boys." She tapped at her lips, "We saw you guys on TV the other day, remember, love?" She asked your dad, "They're in that coldplay song you like. My world? No... my universe. You had shorter hair in that one. That's why we didn't recognize you!" She was smiling wider, "Well!" She patted her lap, sinking back in her chair as she reached for her wine glass, "This is very exciting. Our girl is seeing a celebrity." She plucked the glass off the table and took a sip, "I'll need more details from you later." She smiled at you,

Like hell you were going to give your parents any details about your love life. What were you going to say? You would need to move back in with them if you had to talk about Jungkook because the things you wanted to say about him were too many to say over a simple dinner together like right now. 

Part of you wanted to start gushing anyways since you never had the chance to talk about Jungkook with anyone except your best friends because... Jungkook was supposed to be a secret.

You couldn't talk about him to strangers or coworkers. Couldn't tell people how good he treated you. Couldn't reveal to them how fairytale-like your love was. Couldn't shout from rooftops about how much you adored this man.

Your mom wouldn't understand anyways. She wouldn't get the way he made you feel. She wouldn't understand the undying love and loyalty he had for you. The things he would do for you. The miles he ran for you.

Sharing your life with Jungkook would need a lot more time than just the time spent eating dinner. You might never have the time. Might never have the words. Maybe if you loved him less, you would be able to talk about him more. And you liked it that way. Because he was yours. And yours alone.

You deadpanned, "Gossiping with my mom. How fun!" You feigned your excitement, shoving a mouthful of food into your mouth.

"Your mom and I came by the house the other day... we thought you were home. Wanted to say hi and see how you're doing." Your dad chimed in now, changing the subject, "Saw a sold sign on the front lawn. New people moving in already. Would you care to explain that?" He questioned you, eyes darting between you and Jungkook.

Now it was your turn to sweat a little.

You downed the water you had in your glass, stalling a bit as you sucked down the drink. Wracking your brain to think of an excuse to say "Well..." You murmured after swallowing a big gulp of the water before patting your lips dry with a napkin before you began to speak, "I sold it." You spoke nonchalantly, "I'm moving to Korea. Finishing my degree there." You were curt. Not revealing too much as you didn't necessarily know how your parents would react.

You were bound to tell them sooner or later. Preferably over a text or on the phone. Being outed like this in person made your nerves start to go haywire. But you knew you had to tell them. You just didn't know how they would take it. 

Part of you wanted to put your back up against the wall. To snap in your defense and tell your dad to mind his business. But the other part of you... The part of you that so severely wanted your parents' love and validation, wanted to please them. To agree with every point they had and more. But you were grown now. You could make your own decisions. And moving to Korea was your own decision. A good decision.

"Hm." Your dad made a tch noise, lips at the rim of his wine glass, "But your school here was one of the best! Top five in the city! Now why would you go and do something silly like that? What are you going to do after your degree? Do you plan on staying in Korea forever—?" His eyes were on Jungkook now, the look on his face silently accusing him without saying a word at all.

Despite the butterflies rumbling in his stomach, Jungkook knew it was time to stop being nervous and face your father. Especially now when he was grilling you with questions. He could pick up that your walls were starting to close off at the mention of school. The same walls you fought so hard to break down to allow your parents in. Jungkook didn't want you to shut down at your dad's question. And sitting here with them made Jungkook realize that it wasn't all well with you and your parents as he hoped.

Your parents had a way about them that made them insert themselves into your personal life without trying to... as what all parents seemed to do. They didn't mean it in a bad way. But they were rather... overbearing about it. Using the excuse that they were concerned parents to get away with it. And perhaps they were concerned.

They had a point in a way. Jungkook could see that now. You were giving up everything here to move to Korea. Selling your house and the things you worked so hard on the pole to buy to put in the house. You were making the ultimate sacrifice. Leaving everything behind for him. Leaving this part of yourself behind for him... for him.

Jungkook knew your parents didn't believe you when you claimed it was for school. He knew they knew it was for him. And your dad was right. You had it all over here. You were almost finished school. Had all the luxuries this city had to offer to you too. Now, you were leaving all of that to start fresh in a new country. In a new language. A new culture. Korea was going to be your permanent home and Jungkook only realized how easy you made that choice just to be with him.

But it wasn't your dad's place to comment on what you wanted to do. They needed to give you a chance. And if they didn't want to... If they didn't want to respect your moving plans well then Jungkook just had to make them know that he would give you the support if they wouldn't be there.

"She doesn't have to stay in Korea if she doesn't want to, sir." Jungkook's head rose and he looked your dad in the eye for the first time as he answered your dad with confidence, "If she wanted to come back to Vegas... or anywhere... in the world..." Jungkook paused, laughing quietly to himself, "I wouldn't stop her... I would go with her. I'll follow her... anywhere." He nodded with certainty, playing with the edge of a placemat lining the table, "She's not coming to Korea for me. I know you think that she is. She's doing it for herself... And I support her no matter what." Jungkook exhaled a breath, feeling his shoulders loosen as the stress left his body.

You searched for and found Jungkook's freehand under the table, taking his palm within your own to give his hand a squeeze as a silent thank you. Feeling eternally grateful for your boyfriend to step in and take the lead when you needed him most. 

He was good that way. Picking up your emotions without needing to look or even feel you. He just... knew. Knew that you were a second away from letting your parents have their way. A breath away from a meltdown. You needed him to take over because you were about to lose control.

And when you finally caught your breath, you peeked up to take a look at your dad's face who genuinely looked... impressed. For the first time in a long time.

"I think Jungkook answered that pretty well, dad. Do you have any more questions?" You asked, fingers lacing with Jungkook's. I hope not. You thought to yourself. I hope the interrogation is over. Another thought crossed your mind.

Your dad was sitting there with a pleased expression on his face. As if he was happy with Jungkook's response. As if he was testing the two of you all this time to see what your boyfriend would say. What a cruel test to do indeed. But a much-needed test. 

Your dad needed to know he was putting his only daughter in good hands. And Jungkook's response erased any doubts he had about him from the beginning. Solidifying the yearning love Jungkook felt for you. The love that would make him cross oceans if that meant he could be with you.

"Good answer, muscles." Your dad quirked a smile at Jungkook then at your mom, "Got anything to add, hon?"

Your mom, of course, had the most motherly question to ask. The question of all questions. The same thing every mom would be itching to ask when her daughter's relationship was finally going well.

With her wine glass twirling the drink in the bottom of it around with a gentle spin of her wrist, she eyed Jungkook closely for a moment. Making him look down at his lap nervously from the eye contact while he braced himself, 

"Mm.." She hummed in thought then her gaze trailed to yours, friendly eyes burning into your blank stare, "Just one more." Your mom spoke up, a coy smile on her face as she set her wine glass down and propped her elbows up on the table, folding her hands under her chin as she winked in Jungkook's direction, making him visibly gulp,

"When's the wedding?"

...

"Hey, muscles." Your dad called out to Jungkook, passing the tray with utensils off to your mom to wash, "I need some help cleaning the grill." Your dad tossed a pair of gloves at Jungkook direction, "Come out to the back with me. Let the ladies chat while the men have a little man to man action, huh?"

You swore your dad was deaf when it came to hearing himself say things. Man to man action. He truly doesn't listen to himself sometimes, does he.

You cringed, "That sounds... never mind." You shook your head and looked at Jungkook, "Go if you want, Koo. Dad just needs someone to scrub the grill because he'll literally blow his back out if he does it." You nodded encouragingly to Jungkook who didn't hesitate to follow your dad out the door. Your eyes followed after him in worry. Silently praying that your dad didn't use the coals from the grill to roast your boyfriend...

You just knew how your dad was. Always doing too much to make up for lost time. Skewering you over your boyfriends. Demanding to meet them so that he could chew them up about their lives just so that he could determine if they were suitable matches for you. That's partly why you hardly brought your partner's home.

Your parents always did too much. Over compensated for the years you've been away because deep down, they knew they were the ones that pushed you away in the first place. They could just say sorry, you know? Sorry for not letting you have a childhood. Sorry for making you feel as though you were never smart enough. Never talented enough. Never good enough.

They didn't have to do the absolute most each time you came home. But you took it. Took it because with time, you realized that no matter what, they were your parents. And even if they didn't show you they loved you in the most conventional ways, they really did love you. 

You were just glad you began to realize that before it was too late. You were thankful seeing how close Jungkook's bond with his own family was and that was the push you needed to reach out to your parents on your own.

Now here you were... with them... even if you dreaded being here.

"He's super cute." Your mom gushed now that your dad and Koo were outside, "Not what I was expecting with the tattoos and that thing on his eyebrow and the one on his lip. But still... you always went for the guys that defied the norms, huh." She shrugged her shoulders but gave you a smile as she set the empty plates from dinner into the sink, 

"Is he a gangster or something? He looks like that boy that used to live down the road... Your best friend's brother. The one with the nose ring? You know he went to jail for robbery, right?" She began to ramble and you could feel your blood starting to pump in your veins with annoyance,

"Mom, please." You were about to start complaining, "No! He's not a gangster. Jesus. Not every person with a piercing is a criminal, mom." You continued, "If you mention anything like that to him, we're leaving." You had your hands crossed over your chest, "I like how he looks." You announced proudly and your mom raised a brow at you,

"I don't mean it in a bad way, sweetie." She was quick to defend herself when you answered her. Her tone changing to one that was softer as she looked at you, "I see the way you are together, you know?" She had a fond look on her face now as you both watched Jungkook and your dad from the window as they were outside in the backyard by the grill, a small laugh leaving your lips as you watched your dad in classic dad fashion standing there like a drill sergeant watching Jungkook with his elbows deep in the grill scrubbing the char off it, "Reminds me of your dad when we were younger."

She hummed as she turned away from the window to begin soaking the dishes, leaving you to watch your boyfriend a little longer while she began to speak, "He takes care of you, doesn't he. Makes sure you're alright before himself." She started to read Jungkook like a book, "Would let you have the last sip of water if you were both stranded in a desert." She continued, "I've never seen you so happy." She nodded, "He seems like a good guy... Tattoos and all." She added the last part and you shook your head, rubbing at your arm as you watched her running water over the dishes in the sink,

"I am happy." You confirmed, "He is a good guy... The best." You nodded, moving over to the kitchen sink and beginning to help her with the dishes, grabbing a dishrag to begin drying the plates as she handed them to you, "I just hope dad isn't going to be the reason why I lose him." You grumbled under your breath, eyes on the window again to peek at your dad talking to Jungkook.

...

"You drink, son?" Your dad had a can of iced cold beer already cracking open from the safekeeping of his outdoor cooler, taking a long sip of it before letting out an exhausted grunt from his lips as he took a seat on a lawn chair, "Have a drink." He encouraged Jungkook with a smile, tossing him a can as well, "Have a seat too." He invited your boyfriend to sit down next to him on the opposite chair, "Want a smoke?" Your dad offered, pulling out a pack of cigarettes from the back pocket of his pants to pop one into his mouth while he held the carton out to Jungkook,

Jungkook set the cleaning gloves he had pulled off his hands after finishing cleaning the grill down, and followed your dad to where he was sitting, "Yes, sir." He used the honorifics again as he pulled out the chair near your dad and sat down with a plop, "Thank you." He took the can gratefully and pulled the tab of it open, immediately taking a big swig out of it while your dad watched him, "No thanks." He nodded in appreciation to your dad's offer, choosing to decline the cigarette because well... he didn't want to push it too far. He knew your dad was testing him.

"Smart lad." Your dad commented as he lit the cigarette up, inhaling a drag of it before exhaling into the evening air, "You know when Y/N was fourteen, she stole a cigarette out of my pack. Thought I wouldn't notice if one went missing." Your dad laughed, "She cried for days when I told her I knew what she did." He shook his head, "Poor thing didn't even smoke it. Was just stealing one for her stupid little friend." Your dad commented, flicking the end of cigarette off to float down onto the grassy lawn, "She's a good kid." He nodded, lips at the cig again to inhale a puff of smoke, "Too good." He was looking at Jungkook now, "What makes you think you're good for her?" He asked your boyfriend, eyes serious although he smiled invitingly, "Tell me."

Jungkook truly didn't feel as if he needed to think much about this one. He had been waiting for months to finally be asked something like this, "Maybe... I'll never be good enough for her." Jungkook started, "She's loving. Caring... funny in all her quirky ways." He shook his head, "I'll never be good enough for her. But if I told her that? She would smack me into the next life, sir." Jungkook laughed, shifting the beer can around from one hand to the next, "If I told her that I didn't think I was worthy enough to even be around her, she would lose it on me. But that's why I love her." He nodded,

"I truly do love her, sir. I want to be the best version of myself with her. To give her the world and more..." Jungkook could feel your dad's gaze burning into his face but he ignored the nervousness gnawing at the pit of his stomach because it was now or never, "I don't think I'll never be good enough... But I won't ever make her feel that I'm not good enough." He looked up at your dad, giving your father a stern nod, "I'll never make her feel unloved. Never make her feel alone. I'll spend forever making her happy." He finally exhaled, taking a sip out of his beer, "And hopefully if I do that... I'll believe that I am truly good enough."

Your dad looked away once Jungkook finished speaking, lips pursing in thought as he sniffed, "She's my baby." His voice softened, "I lost her once. She left when the pressure her mom and I put on her got too much. We didn't want to... didn't want to push her away. We were young parents. Thought we were doing all the right things." He rubbed over the stubble on his chin, "I don't ever want to lose her again." He had tears in his eyes but didn't look at Jungkook to show them,

"We pushed her hard, you know. Pushed her so hard and she never said a word. Never talked back. Never complained. And then she just left." Your dad shook his head, "I don't want to live through that nightmare again. I need you to take care of her if she's going to follow you to the other end of the world." Your dad was looking at Jungkook now. A strict look on his face. A threat that he meant. A threat that he wasn't scared to make, "And you can call me dad. Stop with this sir shit." He finally hummed out, making Jungkook relax almost instantly.

You can call me dad...

Jungkook was in the clear... he could feel it.

He just hoped the next thing he said wouldn't cost him everything he had been dreaming of.

"Sir— I mean... uh... Dad." Jungkook hesitated for a split second and then he was out of his chair. Almost knocking it backwards to the ground from how giddy he began to feel, "Dad.." He said again, facing your father with tears in his own eyes and a hand at the pocket of his pant leg before dipping into it.

His fingertips were shaking. Stomach rolling with anxiety. He's never done this before. Never had to make a decision like this in his life. But he was sure of it. He needed to do it. Needed to prove himself.

And with that, Jungkook took a deep, shaky breath. Nose sniffling as he pressed his lips together to collect himself. He didn't know why he was about to cry. Didn't have any idea how emotional this moment would make him. He practiced for weeks on how to do this. Had a whole speech ready to recite.

Now he forgot it all.

Now, he was speaking from the heart.

Now... he was asking your dad for his blessing.

"I want to marry Y/N." He tugged a small box out of his pocket and inhaled another shaky breath, "Can I please have your blessing." He asked, finally finding the strength to look your father in the eye for the second time of the night, "I love her. I want to make her happy." Jungkook opened the box to unveil the diamond ring inside, letting it blind your dad a little, "I'll make her so happy." He whispered, voice almost cracking as tears welled up in his eyes once again.

Your dad wasn't surprised in the slightest. He knew it was coming. From the way Jungkook's eyes sparkled at the mention of you. From the way his face lit up at the sight of you. Your father knew he was planning to drop down onto one knee soon.

How did he know that? Simple. Your dad was in Jungkook's spot once before. He knew exactly how this all felt. And he knew Jungkook was the one for you. He knew Jungkook was a man that stayed true to his word. He knew Jungkook would keep every promise. It wasn't hard for him to accept Jungkook into his heart. Wasn't hard to ask him to call him 'dad.'

Jungkook was a good person. A kind, warm-hearted gentleman. You couldn't find a person like Jungkook anywhere anymore. Most men weren't in it for the long run and that's what your parents feared the most. That you would meet another person undeserving of your love again. That you would give your all for someone that didn't want you for the long haul. But Jungkook was different. Your dad was sure of it.

"She deserves it." Your dad's jaw was locked, fighting with his own self to control his emotions, "She deserves to be happy. And I see her at her happiest when she is with you." He nodded, "You have my blessing. But if you hurt my little girl. I'll find you. I swear on my life."

Jungkook could feel himself about to turn into Bahm and run around with zoomies. He wanted to bounce off the walls. Wanted to run around the block of your neighborhood. The way he felt was something he could never describe to anyone that's never been through it. The relief. The happiness. The acceptance. 

He didn't think it would go this way. Didn't think it would be this easy. But you were right. He just had to be himself. Just had to let them see the way you saw him. He was in the clear. He made it to the final push. He did it. He was going to propose sooner than you could expect. And your father gave him his blessing for it. He was okay with it. Pleased to have Jungkook be the one to love you for eternity. 

This was an honor Jungkook would never take for granted and he meant it when he said,

"No, sir... I swear on my own life."

Jungkook was over the moon. Things were finally falling into place... 

At least that's what it seemed like.  

... 

___________

a/n - i missed you all <3 also heyyyyyyyyy if u like this story pls check out my newest one too :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 1.1K 26
My life becomes a rollercoaster of emotions after my fiance cheats on me with another woman and tragic mistake that can make or break who I am as a p...
67.9K 2.6K 47
We all have a price, what's yours? *** Pairings: mafia!jk x reader Warnings: smut, violence, mentions and use of drugs and guns, prostitution Do not...
540K 25.5K 131
A stripper will always be a stripper - I am disgusting...... I am ugly...... I am only a stripper....... I will never be good enough for anyone - ...
18.4K 1.4K 16
One night you're gushing over rom-coms and Jungkook's cooking; a few nights later you're tending to his beat-up face. But while it's his stubbornness...