The Witch

By IamtherealL

In the year 1745 was born an ill baby. No one had expected her to live, so she was left alone in The Forest o... More

The Night Of Misfortune
Meeting the Joestars ∣∣PART ONE∣∣
Meeting the Joestars||PART TWO||
The Carnival||PART ONE||
The Carnival||PART TWO||

The Sorrowful Days || Part One||

85 6 3
By IamtherealL

The image above is Y/n's outfit, you can change it however you want but it would be important for the plot. I got it from someone in pinterest but I don't remember their username, please tell me if yk them.

It's best to read on a laptop.

Not edited.

Enjoy⋆

Word count: 5k+

≻Basic information≺

⋇The Year:1761⋇

Y/n's age: 16 years old

Y/n's appearance: 16 years old

⋇Y/n's Theme: Beethoven-Für Elise Violin cover⋇

⋇Kristine: Y/n's (only) best friend⋇

⋇Kristine's age: 17 years old⋇

⋇Kristine's appearance: 17 years old⋇

⋇Kristine's Theme: Whispers by Invadable Harmony ⋇

⋇Place: The poor part of London, Y/n and Kristine's home⋇ 

≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛

Kristine's POV:

I heard the birds chirping outside along with the shouts of the salesmen trying to sell their goods, babies crying and random screaming. It was way too early, probably around 5:00 AM but I had no other choice so I got out of my bed. 

The bed was small, as hard as a rock and covered in dirt but it was much better than sleeping on the floor. When I got up I stretched my hands up to the ceiling, which was covered in spider webs. This place is so bad even rats don't come here anymore.. I thought while walking towards the bathroom, bumping into the door on my way just as every other time. 

"Auch, shit!" I muttered before entering our bathroom. It wasn't one of the cleanest or best smelling places, actually far from it. But at least we have running water that we collect from rains. 

I walked up to the leaking sink and the broken mirror, in the reflection I saw my hair, looking as if it had been struck by a thunder. 

"Amazing, what a nice way to start the morning!" I said sarcastically while rolling the hell out of my eyes. 

I walked towards the shower and turned it on, letting my hair get soaked by the rainwater, then I grabbed the old comb that sits by the sink and started combing the ends of my hair with it, slowly making my way upwards with lots of screaming and cursing, which I probably shouldn't know for my age. 

In a while I managed to comb through my hair, which resulted in an absurd amount of hair to leave my head. 

"If I had straight hair I would have turned bald by now. " I said to no one in particular while putting one of Y/n's potions on my hair, she said that it acts like a shampoo but is made from herbs and water instead. 

It's not like we can really afford real shampoo, so this was our best take. I closed my eyes and started humming while massaging my scalp with the shampoo. 

Well.. ever since I started using her potions my hair has gotten much healthier, curlier and it has grown a little, maybe her stinky shampoo isn't that bad after all.

After rinsing my hair I moved onto my body which was already wet. I just grabbed the bar of soap Y/n made and scrubbed it all over, then I shaved with the old razor. 

"Finally done." I proudly said before my face dropped to a horrified look as the realization hit me: the worst thing that somehow always has to happen, I had forgotten the damn towel! 

"Ugh, why is it always me?" I say on my way to the bedroom. Quickly grabbing the towel and some clothes, I returned back to the bathroom where I dried myself and put my clothes on.

After an hour or so I finally managed to style my hair, let it fall in it's natural shapes and properly clean myself. I let out a sigh as I went back to our bedroom, where I saw Y/n still sleeping in her bed.

 She snores so much and so loudly, but it isn't a problem for me. I honestly don't mind her staying in my place at all, she made things less lonelier.

"Y/n, wake up!" I said, to which she obviously didn't wake up. "It's honestly a pain in the ass to wake her up.." I said while rolling my eyeballs. I got on her bed and started shaking her. "Y/n wake up!" I screamed. Nothing, she didn't even flinch in her sleep. What is this girl made out of? 

I shook her some more "Y/n! The house is on fire!" I said, not expecting her to wake up but to my surprise she did. She jolted up to a sitting position and looked straight into my eyes, which spooked me a bit.. Jesus..

Second Person POV:

I felt liquid around my whole body, it felt as if I am surrounded by it on every side. I tried to move my hands around but my movements were slowed down a lot. My breathing was steady as I was abnormally calm about that feeling. Time didn't feel real, as I was hearing many noises and voices which all made the liquid around me vibrate.

It was all full of voices talking about things I don't understand.. Most of those things seem to be too irrelevant to me "The blood of the star..", "The man with moles..", "Hat..", "Stand..", "Vamp..", "Forest..", "..death." and so on, until a voice clearer than the others called out to me.. Mum? "Dear.." and just like that I was finally able to open my eyes.

 Looking around it seemed that I was somewhere in the ocean but it wasn't that deep since I could see everything around myself, there were fishes swimming around, seaweed touching my toes and even little crabs walking on the sand.

As I looked for the voice I only saw a light far away. In desperate ways to reach out to her I tried swinging my arms and legs around, but it didn't help at all in fact it felt as if I was put in chains. I looked at my body  and just as I thought, there were no chains.

 Nothing is holding me back, yet  I seem to be unable to move forward.. Such a weird feeling..

"Dear, don't hold it back." I hear her calming voice say as the waves traveled through my body. "Don't to it.. get it back to them." I heard her faintly say before the light started fading away before my eyes. 

I reached out to it but with no result in getting any closer. I felt hot tears in my eyes. Please.. no.. I closed my eyes, letting them spill but as soon as I opened them I was in a completely different place, one that seems way too unfamiliar to me.

I looked around and it appeared that this time I was in a mansion. As I looked around I noticed that it was in all sorts of colors.. the walls were velvet with some wooden lines on them that seemed to cross each other, the floor was blue, but the other half was in black and white colors that were repeating each other and never the same together. Next to them was a big staircase with a long red carpet and a statue on each side.

I went up to the statue on the left and observed it. It was a blue vase with two lines on the top going around it. As I looked closely my eyes widened as I realized what it resembles.. "God.. what is this place?" I asked no one in particular while out stretching my right hand towards the vase, letting my pointer finger drag over the carved in lines which gave me the sensation I've felt over millions of times with one particular woman..

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" Said a blonde boy around my age.

 Who the hell is that?  I scrunched my eyebrows at him as confusion was written all over my face once again. He walked towards me in his white shirt and black, tightly fitting pantaloons. His golden eyes burnt into mine with hints of anger and shock.

 With each step he took I could hear his black and well polished shoes clack against the also well polished tiles on the floor, as if it was his own hypnotizing sound.  It was hard to ignore the strong smell of rainforest cologne that was emanating from him, it was almost too overwhelming.

 As if he has had just learned of colognes existence and was learning how to use it. I just maintained eye contact as it was hard to move in his presence.. He was way too intimidating, even for a person who is supposedly the same age as me.

"So?" He was now standing in front of me, being slightly taller than me by five centimeters or something. He seems intimidating.. but annoying. I thought as I looked him up and down, remembering how I was taught to be confident.

 He widened his eyes at me as it seemed that he was getting annoyed with me too. Such an asshole.. to appear in MY dreams and act like a brat!

"Uhm.. I don't know?.. Should I?" I asked him, honestly this is so embarrassing.. By his face alone I can tell that I shouldn't have asked that. He seems kind of offended.

 He took a step closer towards me as he pulled me under the staircase by force, I didn't even have time to react.. Shitty dreams are making me slow as hell.. I fought the urge to roll my eyes at my own remark as I looked into his eyes instead.

 "Why did you just drag me?" I asked in a slightly louder voice as I took a step back, but he was fast to put his hand on my mouth and pull me towards himself.

"Don't you dare act like you didn't-" and just midway his sentence, he disappeared into thin air. 

The surroundings were changing again, this time I was in front of a mansion. The energy of that place seems oddly familiar.. Suddenly it was set on fire, I just sat there watching the fire as for some reason it felt enjoyable. Is this that mansion..?

It was raining hard, which didn't allow me to see much. But I felt someone tall bump into me while running away. I looked back, but all I could see was the form of a man with comedically long hat. He looked back at me as I couldn't see his face because of the fog, but I heard him gasp as he stood for a few seconds before turning to run away again. 

"Wait up!!" I yelled at him as I was getting frustrated with all of these weird dreams. I ran towards his direction as now I could only see the outline of his silhouette, the smell of fire caught my attention as I got a flashback of the burning forest. 

Tears formed in my eyes as I shouted "Don't leave me here!" before I opened my eyes again and saw that I was heading towards a white light, before I could stop myself I entered it.

Kristine's POV:

Y/n jolted up awake as I slightly flinched at her sudden movements. She looked straight into my eyes with her piercing e/c ones. She had beads of sweat dripping from her forehead down to her chin as she looked quite distressed. Before I could say anything she jumped out of bed and ran towards the bathroom. What the..? Is she pregnant or something?

"Y/n!" I ran in her direction as she shut the damn door in my face, it barely missed my nose. I knocked on the door. "Is everything okay?.. May I come in?" I asked as I slightly pushed the door open, only to reveal an empty bathroom. I walked into the dirty room as I looked around. Why is she suddenly acting so weirdly? Well she's weird most of the time but still..

"Y/n? Come on this isn't funny!" I said with fake annoyance in my voice. I sighed as  I turned around to walk out, but suddenly I felt heavy weight on my shoulder and heard a loud scream.

"AAGGHH" I yelled as I pushed her off of me. "What the hell Y/n?" I say as I look at her with obvious anger in my eyes. A way to ruin my curls..

She just smirked and stared at me "That's what you get for waking me up!" she answered, dragging the "up". Her smirk grew as she soon burst into laughter, closing her eyes and holding her stomach as she laughed like a gagged dog.

 I couldn't resist once I heard her laughter, so I laughed too. "You know.. you sound like a husky with stuffed mouth!" I said in between laughs as my stomach was starting to hurt now.

After a few minutes we calmed down as we were both out of breath. We sat for a few seconds, just breathing heavily as we looked at each other. Her hair was still messy and she had some scratches on her face. When did she get these? "Don't tell me you got in trouble again.." I sigh as I look at her scratches, they didn't seem too painful.

"Actually.." she began talking.. "I have to tell your more about the scratches and what happened.." she said again as she had gained my full attention. It may seem as if I find her annoying, but I actually really care about her and would do anything to protect her.

"What is it?" I asked as I took a step closer towards her, but she took a step back before pushing me out of the bathroom saying "Hush! I'll tell you later!".

Second Person's POV:

"Hush! I'll tell you later" I said as I pushed Kate out of the room and closed the door again, sadly we couldn't afford doors with locks. Not like we could have afforded this door if we didn't steal it.. I thought as I went to the shower and started it, letting the cold water run from the top of my hair down to my shoulders, my chest and finally my legs.

 "This feels so refreshing.." I hummed out loud as I put some of my shampoo in my palm and massaged it into my scalp. 

When I made sure it was all inside my hair I twisted it and made it stay on top of my head. After that I grabbed the bar of soap as I rubbed it all around my body, then I started the water again as I rinsed the potion out of my hair first and finally took care of my body. I don't need to shave if I'll be wearing long clothes anyway.. It's just hair.

Since I didn't have anything urgent to do I decided to just stay under the cold water that leaked from the shower, which was covered in a bit of mold. I squatted down, not letting my booty touch the dirty floor as I got lost in my own thoughts. 

What was that dream about mom?.. Why did I feel as if I had no free will?.. The mansion too.. why did they have her vase? Also who the heck was that blonde boy and the hatman? Well I'm not that good at reading dreams, but if I had to guess.. 

I would say that me not being able to move resembles how my mom is long gone and I am unfortunately still stuck in that tragic moment. Maybe the mansion is my own brain and the boy is my inner voice trying to tell me something..?

I slowly got up as I remembered that our rainwater is running out, I stopped the shower and got out. I reached out to grab the towel, but to my luck I had forgotten it. "Damn it.." I mumbled as I walked over to the door. "Kate!? Can you gi-"

"Coming!" I heard her yell as she suddenly opened the door, which resulted in me being pushed down to the floor. "Here you go- OH! Oh my god I'm so sorry!" She said as she covered her eyes as her cheeks were tinted with an orangey-pink shade from embarrassment, much like mine. I quickly closed my legs as I caught the towel and put it around myself. When I turned around she had already left.

I shook my head as I walked over to the broken mirror and started detangling my wet hair with the wooden comb. After I finished I walked out of the bathroom to our shared bedroom as I saw that she wasn't there either. Maybe she went for a "walk".. 

I start drying my hair off as I put on my clothes and go to the kitchen. It wasn't really a kitchen, just a room with some blood on the walls, some half empty shelfs and a tiny, low legged table in the center.

I grabbed an old apple that has already started going bad as I walked towards the exit 'door', walked out and put my shoes on along with my moms old hat. Sadly we don't have doors, so I jus left without closing or locking anything. I walked towards the main road as I was eating my apple for breakfast. 

The rays of the sun had barely came into the horizon yet people were already out, either to work, steal or just wander around. I finished my apple as I looked around the stands, looking for something to catch my eyes.. and it did! 

Ten meters away from me was a stand with a man selling animals meat, he was probably a hunter of some sort. I smirked to myself as a plan quickly formed in my head. I sighed as I walked more to the left and kept my slow pace with my head lowered to the ground. 

As I walked besides a stand where the owner was distracted I quickly put some of their stock in the large pockets of my loose pants, luckily I had planned this, hence why I put on my moms old belt that also had a red cloth around itself which perfectly hid the start of my pockets and the actual bagginess of my pants.

With each stand I put some of their stock in my pockets..one stand.. another stand.. and a new stand again.. I am unstoppable! I thought as I had finally reached the stand with the meat, I quickly zipped up my pockets as I walked towards it.

 Luckily the man was distracted with putting the feathers off of a chicken for a woman that seems wealthy. Poor man.. trying his hardest to get some extra money.. 

I quickly squatted down and went to the side with meat waiting to be prepare, from there I grabbed two gooses and a bunny as the man was still too focused on his task to even notice me.

 I looked to my right, to which there was a man in his 30's with tanned skin, brown eyes and a dark hairline that was already going backwards. He opened his mouth as my eyes widened. Fuck! He's about to give me away! 

 From pure instincts I kicked a rock with the size of a small potato, it flew towards his mouth as I ran behind the stands and disappeared into the bushes. I ran quickly until I came out to a narrow street with no other people besides me. 

I quickly caught my breath as I regained my composure and looked down at the dead animals in my hands. "What now?" I asked out loud, wondering what exactly to do with them before they rot. "My pockets were pretty heavy too, I'm honestly surprised I didn't trip with them."

 I walked deeper into the street as I looked around, most of the houses were abandoned, but wild animals such as rats had taken over them. Not good enough to move here.. I thought as I walked down the empty street, then there I saw it. One of the houses was actually being used! 

As I walked closer I saw the family name craved into the door. "Speedwagon.." I read out loud as I look inside the window, where I saw a woman in her 20's taking care of a baby. I smiled bittersweetly as it reminded me of my own mother, but my smile vanished when I made eye contact with the woman. She gasped as I saw her walking off to somewhere, then the door opened.

"Anne! It has been so long!" the woman said as she pulled me into a big hug. I stood there, frozen. D-did she just call me.. my mums name? 

She broke the hug as we looked at each other. She had pale skin, a sweet smile and bright brown, almost yellowish eyes. Her features were overall soft and feminine. As for her voice it was so sweet and matured, she knew how to control it and she was probably a good singer.

"I'm actually.." I trailed off, but I was cut off by her. "Oh god Anne! You look even younger now.. you should definitely teach me more of your magic!" she said excitedly as she let me inside the house. It was pretty and clean, with white walls, with back tiles and moderate furniture.

Too lost while looking around I failed to notice the animals in my hands were missing. I walked around as I finally found my way to the kitchen, where I saw her cutting up the meat, with the child sitting on the floor and playing with some flowers.

 For a moment I hesitated, just sitting in my place. Who is this woman? And how does she know of mum? What if she's playing a trick on me.. SHE EVEN TOOK MY MEAT! I stole it with lots of work!

"Uhm.. excuse me miss, but I'm not Anne." I said as the woman stopped cutting the meat and looked at me with an arched eyebrow. Shit.. what if she stabs me? "I am actually her a-adopted daughter." I say as my  voice cracks a bit at the thought of getting stabbed by a stranger.

I decide to ignore my fear as I put up a brave smile on my face and step forward, out stretching my hand for a handshake. "My name is Y/n Lenz." I say as I intentionally use my mums last name. "It's nice to meet you, ma'am" I add with a charming look in my eyes.

She looks at my hand and then dries hers off in a towel before giving me a firm handshake. "It's nice to meet you, Y/n." she says and then adds "My name is Oskra Speedwagon." Her mouth forms a cheeky smile as we pull our hands down to our sides. She had an apron on top of her blue dress, that was a little worn out. Who am I to judge..?

She then starts chopping the meat again. "I've actually hear about you before, you're Y/n/n right?" She asked as she used my nickname. I just gave her a slight nod as I sat on a chair instead of standing awkwardly. "Your mother often talked about you when she came around." Her hands chopped some veggies too as she was already done with the meat.

"Really? What has she said about me?" I asked out of curiosity while moving around in my chair as the baby climbed to sit in my crotch. I simply put my arms around it in kind of a hug-like way so that it won't fall on the floor that consisted of black tiles.

"Oh, nothing much. Just a word or two about you, you know she was a woman of a few words." She said as she started the fire and put some of the veggies and the meat in there. That's true, she was the quiet type.. "Oh." was all I said in response to her statement.

There was a comfortable silence between us as she cooked with the meat I had stolen while I played with the baby. Of course the thought of leaving grossed my mind, but she had like half of my food so I had no choice but to stay.

I had figured out his name was Edward Speedwagon and he was eight months old, he seemed respectful for a baby plus he was quite cute. It seemed that Oskra had finished cooking since she placed three plates on the table. Two with grilled meat with veggies for us and one with just mushed veggies for her child. 

"Thank you." I said as I handed her the baby and started eating from my plate. 

It was delicious, the meat was so juicy and the veggies were for some reason not bitter like when I cook. 

"It's delicious! You're an amazing cook!" I said with a honest smile. She smiled back as she sat down and started feeding Ed.

"Do you like kids?" She asked out of the blue as she pushed some mushed potato into his mouth. What..? "Huh?" I made a noise as I stuffed my mouth with some meat. This is the best meal I've had in years..

"Well I saw how you enjoyed playing with Ed, so I thought you may want to have one too." She added to her last remark. HAVE A WHAT? 

"W-well.. I do like kids but I wouldn't want to have any of my own. I simply just have different plans." And much better too.. I thought as I realized that I am nowhere near them at my current stage. I'm just a homeless teenager. Oh.. 

"That's totally okay! I'm actually glad, since your mom wanted you to have a good future first!" She finally ate some of her own food too.

After finishing our meals and talking for ours, mostly hers, life's she packed me the rest of the food that she cooked and gave it to me. Of course I saw her sneaking some leftovers for her husband, but I let it pass since I was still in a good mood because of todays catches and her delicious food.

"Good night and thank you again for cooking me this amazing food, it was truly a pleasure to meet you, Oskra." I bit my goodbyes as I walked away while she was waving her hand in my direction. 

"Don't forget to come back!" was the last thing I heard her say as the sky above me was painted in blue and pink colors. 

Kristine's POV:

I watched as another client left the place. My hair was a mess by now as it was almost over for my shift. I saw one of my colleague came out from one of the bedrooms and to no surprise she was a mess too. Her black hair was all frizzy and tangled as for her clothes, they were barely on the right places. Not to talk about her black eyes..

"A rough one?" I asked with a slight chuckle as I looked at the hickeys on her neck. She just looked at me and went to the bar to get a drink. Rude..

I made my way to the mirror as I tried to fix my hair the best I could, after all I don't want whispers to go behind my back. Then I went to the front and grabbed the purse Y/n made for me as I left the awful place behind and walked to the sideroad, where there usually weren't many people. 

My legs were in so much pain and so sore that I had to wiggle around instead of walking. I sighed as I continued to wiggle around. Sometimes I wish that money didn't matter, then I could live peacefully with Y/n. But no instead I have to please stupid men all the time for the bare wage..

I bumped into a woman as she looked me up and down, then continued her way. This world is so cruel.. Then I remembered Y/n. Yet so beautiful..

I was so lost in my thoughts that nothing could pull me out.. or at least that's what I thought.. "Meow!" I suddenly heard as I looked around but I couldn't find the cat. 

"Meow!" I heard again from behind my back to the right, so I turned around and saw a little kitten that was sitting in a bunch of trash, it was greyish with green eyes. 

I wiggled over to it as I gently picked it up and looked around, to see if it belongs to anyone. Sadly, I didn't see anyone. Maybe I can take it home? Y/n is some kind of a witch so she would probably adore the cat..!

And so I started wiggling even faster to get home and show her the kitten.

Second Person's POV:

I just made my way home as I walked inside and got my shoes off of me, along with the had. I stretched a bit as I walked into the kitchen and started removing the things from my pockets. Let's see what we have..

After a while I put all of the items on the little table and started counting them. "Okay.. so I have gotten two loafs of bread, eight apples, five oranges, six cookies, two cucumbers, one onion and Oskra's cooking." I summered up as I rechecked the things.

"See? Not bad at all." said Kate as she appeared out of thin air. "AGH!" I turned and glared at her. "I told you we don't need to steal, I can pay for things just fine!" she said as I fought the urge to roll my eyes for the hundred time today, but what actually helped was me was that I noticed she was holding something.

"Is that a cat?" I asked as I stepped closer towards her. "O-oh yeah, I found it on the street so I thought that maybe we could, you know.." she started ranting again as I finished her sentence for her "Keep it?". 

"Yeah! Exactly! I knew you would agree!" she jumped happily as I noticed her wincing at the pain in her legs. "Too much fun today?" I asked in a joking manner. "Oh shut up!" she said as she handed me the cat and went to our bedroom.

I took the cat into my hands as I observed it while smiling to myself. "Aren't you such a cutie?" I asked in a child like voice as I walked over to the bathroom and started washing up the kitten, making sure not to get water inside her eyes. 

In the end it turned out that she wasn't grey, she was just really dirty. Her actual colors were orange, white and brown.

By the time I got out and dried the cat Kate had already gotten everything into it's places and was waiting for me to have dinner with her. I let the cat jump into the floor as I walked over to the table and sat down on the ground. Kate was looking right into my eyes.

"So?" she asked me. So.. what? I gave her a confused look as she rolled her eyes and smiled at me. "So how was your day, love?" "Oooh." I said as I tried to come up with a really fat lie.

"Well you know it.. we woke up, got ready and then I went shopping with the money you gave me yesterday, then I met an old friend of my moms and I went over to her place as she cooked some food with the thing's I had bought." I said with a convincing smile as I took a bite of my, now cold food.

 "Really? Because I don't think I gave you enough money for all that.." she said with her eyes staring right into mine..

 "Well.." I started, but she cut me off. 

"Don't lie, did you steal again?" she asked me calmly as she ate some of her food too. 

"N-no, I simply just had some leftover money from last time so I decided to buy more food to stock  us up." 

She gave me a skeptical look while munching on her potato "Are you sure?" she asked as I nodded at her. 

Then she gave me a close eyed smile, said "Okay!" and went back to happily eating. Meanwhile I could hear my heartbeat skipping like crazy.

As the night went by we showered, took care of the cat and went to bed to call it a night.

Oskra's POV:

I just put my kid and husband to sleep as I was now all by myself while starring out of the window. The night sky was plastered with stars and lights, here on earth there were still some people that were awake while the big mass was asleep. I sighed as I closed my eyes.

"Am I about to make a mistake?" I asked no one but myself as I thought of the situation again. "Anne told me not to get involved in Y/n's life, but it feels as if fate has bought us together.." I thought about her words that day, exactly 445 years ago when we first met..

"Fuck it, I'll do as I think is right." I said with a cunning smile on my face as I placed my cigarette down and went to sleep besides my oblivious husband.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30K 931 20
Immortality. Something impossible to achieve, unless you become a vampire. Being part of the joestar family, Y/n Joestar was born with the power of i...
321K 10.3K 23
Your family is a close friend of the Joestar's and one day hear about the newest addition to the Joestar's family, so your father decides that you sh...
2.9K 134 16
WHERE THE DIO SIMPS AT??????? If you simp for Dio then you're in the right place. Just know that I was inspired to write this so I might use some ide...
2.8K 71 23
Y/N, 156 cm, white haired, soft spoken, innocent baby blue eyes was the person least expectant to be the daughter of DIO, she's 17 years of age and t...