A Phoenix Rises From Ashes (A...

By RogersBarnes3000

Y/N "Phoenix" Nash is a firefighter at the 118 in LA. She's got a lot of hardship and trauma behind her, fri... More

Added Characters
About Y/N
Author Note
History Makes Us Who We Are
A Friend And A Rebar
Valentine's Day
The Nash Trauma
S2: E1 Under Pressure
S2: E2 7.1
S2: E3 Help Is Not Coming
S2: E4 Stuck
S2: E5 Awful People
S2: E6 Dosed
S2: E7 Haunted
S2: E8 Buck, Actually
S2: E10 Merry Ex-Mas
S2: E13 Fight or Flight
S2: E14 Broken
S2: E15 Oceans 911
S2: E16 Bobby Begins Again
S2: E17 Careful What You Wish For
S2: E18 This Life We Choose
S3: E1 Kids Today
S3: E2 Sink or Swim
S3: E4 Triggers
S3: E5 Rage
S3: E6 Monsters
S3: E8 Malfunction
S3: E9 Fallout
S3: E10 Christmas Spirit
S3: E11 Seize The Day
S3: E12 Fools
S3: E13 Pinned
S3: E14 The Taking of Dispatch 9-1-1
S3: E15 Eddie Begins
S3: E16 The One That Got Away
S3: E17 Powerless
S3: E18 What's Next?
IMPORTANT
IMPORTANT 2.0
IMPORTANT 3.0
IMPORTANT 4.0
IMPORTANT 5.0
S4: E1 The New Abnormal
S4: E2 Alone Together
S4: E3 Future Tense
S4: E4 9-1-1, What's Your Grievance?
S4: E5 Buck Begins
S4: E6 Jinx
S4: E7 There Goes The Neighbourhood
S4: E8 Breaking Point
S4: E9 Blindsided
S4: E10 Parenthood
S4: E11 First Responders
S4: E12 Treasure Hunt
S4: E13 Suspicion
S4: E14 Survivors
S5: E1 Panic
S5: E2 Desperate Times Part 1
S5: E2 Desperate Times Part 2
S5: E3 Desperate Measures
S5: E4 Home and Away
S5: E5 Peer Pressure
S5: E6 Brawl In Cell Block 9-1-1
S5: E7 Ghost Stories
S5: E8 Defend In Place
S5: E9 Past Is Prologue
S5: E10 Wrapped In Red
S5: E11 Outside Looking In
S5: E12 Boston
S5: E13 Fear-o-Phobia
S5: E14 Dumb Luck
S5: E15 FOMO
S5: E16 May Day
S5: E17 Hero Complex
S5: E18 Starting Over
S6: E1 Let The Games Begin
S6: E2 Crash & Learn
S6: E3 The Devil You Know
S6: E4 Animal Instincts
S6: E5 Home Invasion
S6: E6 Tomorrow
S6: E7 Cursed
S6: E8 What's Your Fantasy?
S6: E9 Red Flag
S6: E10 In A Flash
S6: E11 In Another Life
S6: E12 Recovery
S6: E13 Mixed Feelings
S6: E14 Performance Anxiety
S6: E15 Death and Taxes
PLEASE READ
S6: E16 Lost And Found
S6: E17 Love Is In The Air
S6: E18 Pay It Forward
S7 IS COMING!!!!!!!!!

S3: E3 The Searchers

2.8K 83 3
By RogersBarnes3000

ANOTHER SHORT-ISH CHAPTER. ENJOY.

"Buck! Christopher!" Y/N shouted disoriented as she walked through water, clinging on to the bear, the last thing she had of Christopher or Buck.

"Someone! Help please!" A woman shouted waving her hands anxiously.

"What's wrong?" Y/N ran over to help.

"My friend. A pole went through her leg." The woman led Y/N over to another woman who had a piece of piping sticking through her leg.

"Okay, okay. Give me your jacket. Trust me, I'm a firefighter, I know what I'm doing." Y/N looked at the uninjured woman who was hesitant.

"Thank you. What's your name?" Y/N applied pressure around the piece of piping.

"Cora..can't you just..pull it out..?" Cora looked at Y/N in pain.

"No. That'll only make you bleed out more. Especially when we don't have access to a hospital or medical supplies." Y/N shook her head.

* At The Ferris Wheel *

"When the wave hit, How'd you get back here?" Eddie looked at Lena.

"Swam." She looked at him as if it were obvious.

"You sure did, then you climbed." Eddie gave a nod.

"Free climb on the weekends, soldier." Lena got to her feet once it stopped moving.

"How'd you know I was in the service?" Eddie followed her lead.

"You all carry yourselves the same way. All that spit and polish. My captain served, army." Lena glanced at him.

"Must be a good man. Hold on. We're coming to you." Eddie started moving to the next person.

"Oh, thank god you're here!" Stacy greeted them relieved.

"What happened here, ma'am?" Eddie looked at her husband.

"He hit his neck when the wave came, and he can't feel his fingers." Stacy looked at them panicked.

"My arms went numb. A couple minutes later, my legs gave out. Am I paralyzed?" The husband looked at Eddie.

"It's too soon to tell. You said you lost sensation in your arms first and then your legs?" Eddie watched the husband.

"Yeah." The husband and wife watched him.

"Okay. Well, that might be a sign of swelling, which means you bruised your neck instead of breaking it." Eddie reassured when the Ferris wheel started creaking and moving again.

"Hey, Cap, we can get one down to you, but the other ones a possible spinal. We're gonna need a hail Mary." Eddie looked down at Bobby.

"I'll order one up for you." Bobby looked up at Eddie.

"You should be fine. Help is on the way." Eddie looked back at the two.

"You see, Max? How's that for a sign? There's hope, so fight." Stacy pointed at the helicopter as Eddie watched her hold his hand.

Eddie was currently thinking about Y/N, she hadn't messaged to check on them, but he figured it was because she knew they'd be busy.

"Max, you moved your fingers." Stacy smiled.

"I think I'm getting some feeling back." Max smiled back at her.

Eddie and Lena got Max hooked up onto the helicopter and they flew to get him to safety.

"Incoming debris!" Bobby looked at the surroundings as things started to change.

"Free climb? How about free fall?" Eddie looked at Lena and the two jumped getting into the boat with Bobby's help as the Ferris wheel fell down.

* With Buck *

"Hey! There's a kid under here!" A woman yelled getting Bucks attention.

"Christopher? Hey! Hey, guys..hey, hey, big guy! Me and you, come on! All right, three, two, one. Go." Buck looked at the guy that was standing there and they lifted the debris off the kid.

"Hey, hey, excuse me. I'm looking for an eight year old boy. His name is Christopher. He's always smiling, and he's got CP, Cerebral Palsy. He's..He's got brown hair, yellow shirt." Buck looked at the group of people.

"Yeah, yeah. I think I saw him." The younger guy nodded.

"Where?" Buck looked at him in shock.

"He was headed with a group to that Cupcakery place. I heard they're handing out water." The guy watched Buck.

"Uh, Cupcakery, what is that?" Buck frowned confused.

"You know, cupcake bakery. It's about six or seven blocks south of here on Strand." The guy pointed down the street.

"Thank you. Thank you." Buck started running through the water.

* With Y/N *

Y/N was carrying Cora as Jaqueline stood on Cora's other side supporting her.

"There has to be someone around here somewhere." Y/N glanced at Cora and Jaqueline.

* With Buck *

"Buck? Wait, what are you doing here?" Eddie spotted Buck and made his way over confused.

"Are you okay? Wait where's Christopher?" Eddie glanced around.

"Eddie.." Buck watched Eddie with a pained expression.

"Why do you have his glasses?" Eddie's face fell.

"We, um, me, Christopher and Fi, we were...at the beach, and um..and listen to me, okay? I..I swear to you..Okay, I..I tried.." Buck watched as Eddie nodded with tears filling his eyes.

"And I just..but I..Eddie, I just don't know how to say it. He just vanished.." Buck looked at the glasses in his hands as Eddie looked past him as a dog barked.

"Christopher? Christopher?" Eddie walked toward a woman carrying a kid.

"Dad!" Christopher was relieved to hear Eddie's voice.

"Oh, my god. Thank you. Thank you." Eddie took Christopher in relief.

"You're Buck?" The woman looked at Eddie happily.

"No, I'm his father, Eddie." Eddie looked at the woman confused.

"He was looking for Buck." The woman watched Eddie.

"Make a hole! John, get her inside. Buck, what happened to you?" Chimney saw Buck and rushed over with Hen and Bobby.

"Hey. You two okay?" Bobby frowned following Bucks gaze to Eddie and Christopher as Eddie looked over at Buck.

"Yeah, we're great." Buck muttered as his legs gave out and they caught him, helping him to the ground.

"Where's Fi?" Bobby looked around trying to find her.

"We, uh, we got seperated at the pier..when the first wave hit.." Buck muttered pained at the thought of what may have happened to her as Lucky ran over to him licking his face.

* With Y/N *

She'd managed to get the two help, but she'd insisted to the paramedics that she was fine and she was now continuing her search for Christopher and Buck but her vision was blurring more than before and her ears were starting to ring.

"Buck!" Y/N used the wall to steady herself as she lost her balance.

* With The Others *

Lucky stopped licking Buck and turned her head as if hearing something. Lucky started barking before she ran off, Bobby followed after her with Hen as Chimney stopped Buck from going.

"Fi!" Hen ran over, helping her to sit on the ground, seeing the state she was in.

"Hen?" Y/N looked at her in shock, she was completely out of it.

"Hey, Fi. Christopher and Buck are both fine, okay?" Bobby crouched infront of her as Hen checked her vitals.

"Looks like she's took some hard hits to the head. She's disoriented. It's most likely just a serious concussion." Hen looked at Bobby as Lucky licked Y/N's hand.

* At The Hospital *

"It's just a concussion, lots of fluid, quiet and rest. She should be just fine." The doctor looked at the 118 who had been waiting with Y/N.

"Thank you." Bobby smiled at the doctor and Y/N.

"All right, I think it's decided. You're staying at my place tonight and Lucky is staying with Buck." Eddie nodded.

"Yeah." Buck agreed, hugging Y/N relieved she was okay.

* Eddie's Place *

Eddie had put Christopher to bed and when he walked into his room, he found that Y/N had already fallen asleep making him smile gently.

"Okay." Eddie climbed into the bed next to her and pulled the blankets over them both.

He laid beside her, so her back was pressed against him, his arm over her protectively.

* The Next Morning *

"Hey Buck." Christopher looked at Buck as he opened the door.

"Good morning, Buck." Eddie smiled.

"H..Hey Buddy." Buck smiled confused as to why they were there.

"Okay. There's a morning snack and midday snack, two colouring books and a bunch of LEGOs." Eddie checked off what there was as Y/N headed to the couch.

"Between us, he's never built anything that kinda looks like anything. He just likes sticking things together. It's right there, buddy. There's 20 bucks for pizza and if I were you, I'd eat a couple extra slices. You look like you're wasting away to nothing. I will say, honestly, you being laid up is working out for me. I mean you're no abuela, and you're half a Carla, but you'll do in a pinch." Eddie looked at Buck.

"You want me to watch Christopher?" Buck walked over to Eddie.

"It's easy. He's not very fast." Eddie shrugged.

"After everything that happened?" Buck frowned.

"A natural disaster happened, Buck." Eddie dismissed Bucks worries.

"I lost him Eddie." Bucks voice shook.

"No, you saved him. That's how he remembers it. And now, it's his turn to do the same for you." Eddie glanced at Christopher.

"I..I was supposed to look out for him..for both of them." Buck turned back to Eddie.

"And what you think you failed? I failed that kid more times than I care to count and I'm his father. But I love him enough to never stop trying, and I know you do too. Buck, there's nobody in this world I trust with my son more than you and Fi. Besides Fi will probably just sleep most of the day, she's exhausted." Eddie watched Buck.

"Okay, Buddy. I gotta go. Love ya, have fun." Eddie gave Christopher a kiss.

"Fi?" Eddie watched her as she tried hard to stay awake.

"Fi, my beds right upstairs." Buck glanced over.

"I'm okay, here. Thanks." Y/N gave a tired smile.

"Easily solved." Eddie picked her up bridal style making Christopher laugh.

Eddie carried her up the stairs carefully, laying her in Bucks bed where Lucky was laying and pulling the blankets over her.

"And I love you." Eddie kissed her on the forehead.

"I love you." Y/N glanced at him with a small smile.

"Maybe try going to the zoo this time, something in land. Oh, um..thank you for not giving up." Eddie nodded to Buck before leaving for work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 552 14
After escaping a bad relationship, Amelia Buckley was left with an overwhelming amount of emotions. She was scared, relieved, and alone all at once...
266K 5.3K 42
Jane Thomas is such a mom, at least according to her co-worker Buck. She's too nice. She's always optimistic and cheerful. That's a hard way to be in...
309K 6.2K 43
🎵We set fire to our insides for fun🎵 Kate Quinn moves 5000 miles away from home when seeking a fresh start and hopefully a new life. As she joins t...
6.4K 210 8
the 118 and the 217 have been rival stations since forever. always trying to one up one another. but what happens when a member of the 118 and a memb...