"Heartbound Secrets | Hermion...

By nzcrsm

"Why do you keep looking at me?" Y/N finally asked, her eyes still focused on the book in her hands. Hermione... More

|| CAST / CHARACTERS
|| 1. Quidditch Jacket
|| 2. Saving Harry
|| 3. The Burrow
|| 4. Flourish and Blotts
|| 5. Train To Hogwarts
|| 6. Siblings
|| 7. You're Special To Me
|| 8. Classes
|| 9. Airport Jealousy
|| 10. Plane Ride
|| 11. Philippines
|| 12. Pretty
|| 13. Electricity
|| 14. Twins
|| 15. Weak
|| 16. Promise
|| 17. Polyjuice Potion
|| 18. Broken Arm
|| 19. Bet
|| 20. ...Sisters, By Now
|| 21. Dueling Club
|| 22. Midnight Snack Jealousy
|| 23. You Think I'm Pretty?
|| 24. Slytherin Common Room
|| 25. Tom Riddle
|| 26. Be My Girlfriend!
||27. Red Stone
|| 29. Pheonix Burst
|| 30. The Chamber of Secrets
|| 31. The Mightiest of All Four
|| 32. Just A Memory
|| 33. Dobby Is Free
|| 34. Big Sister
|| 35. I Love You (FINAL CHAPTER)
.

|| 28. Order of Suspension

1.8K 89 2
By nzcrsm

Y/N stepped out of the Ravenclaw Common Room, her brow slightly furrowed as she looked around the empty tower. She let out an irritated huff, suspecting that Harry and Ron had probably played a prank on her.

As she turned to leave, she abruptly jumped when Ron, Harry, and Hermione's faces appeared before her, making her stumble back a few steps. They were under the Invisibility Cloak, with parts of their bodies invisible.

"Blimey, give me a heart attack, will you?" Y/N grumbled. "What are you doing? It's curfew!"

They heard approaching footsteps, and Hermione quickly dragged Y/N under the cloak, hiding her among them. The four of them squeezed together as they tried to remain concealed.

"We need to go to Hagrid's!" Hermione whispered urgently, and Penelope, the Ravenclaw Prefect, walked by them, completely oblivious to their presence.

"Why?" Y/N said in a hushed, yet panicked and confused voice.

"Just trust me!"

✴✴✴✴✴

The four knocked on Hagrid's door while still under the cloak, and heavy footsteps approached them. The door was kicked open, revealing Hagrid standing there, a crossbow pressed tightly against his chest in a protective stance.

"Hello?" Hagrid whispered. "Hello!?"

The four removed the cloak, noticing the crossbow. "What's that for?" Harry asked, a bit startled at the sight of it.

Hagrid placed his crossbow down. "Oh, nothing. I was expecting, uh— it doesn't matter," Hagrid mumbled, opening the door wider. "Come on in. Just made a pot of tea."

Y/N tilted her head as she entered the hut, with the others following. They gathered around the table in the middle of the room, and Hagrid poured each of them cups of tea, with a plain cake sitting in the center.

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows as she observed Hagrid. "Hagrid, you okay?" she asked.

"I'm fine," Hagrid said quietly. "I'm alright."

"...Did you hear about Agil?" Hermione spoke up. Hagrid nodded.

"Oh yeah. I was the one to find her, too. I heard about that, alright," Hagrid replied softly.

"Hagrid. We have to ask you something," Harry said in a serious tone, licking his lips nervously before taking a deep breath and puffing out his chest. "Do you know who's opened the Chamber of Secrets?"

Hagrid's mouth hung open, and he let out a deep sigh. "What you have to understand," he began to explain himself before a knocking interrupted him. The four exchanged glances, and Hagrid gestured for them to hide under the cloak in the corner.

Hagrid grabbed his crossbow once more, opened the door before his mouth parted, and he gestured to the side. "Professor Dumbledore, sir!"

"Good evening, Hagrid. I wonder...— could we...?" Dumbledore greeted as he looked around the room.

Hagrid nodded and beckoned Dumbledore to come in. Y/N tilted her head to the side before her mouth fell open in surprise at the sight of the Minister of Magic, Dumbledore, and—

"Dad?" she whispered, her brow furrowing slightly.

The three men entered. "It's dad's boss! Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic!" Ron whispered quietly. Hermione nudged his side to make him stay quiet.

"...Had to come, three attacks on Muggle-Borns, things have gone far enough, the Ministry's got to act!" Cornelius Fudge's voice trailed off as he looked up at Harry sternly. Caspian, being the tall man he was, almost met Hagrid's height, about shoulder length. He crossed his arms and wore a serious expression.

"I'd never!" Hagrid interjected, his gaze flickering to Caspian and Dumbledore. "You'd know I'd never, Professor!"

Dumbledore sighed. "I want it understood, Cornelius, that Hagrid has my full confidence—" he said proudly.

Caspian looked unamused, shaking his head. "Professor. I fear Hagrid's record is against him. I've tried all I can, Ministry's orders. We've got to take him."

"Take me where, Crimson?" Hagrid shot back. "Azkaban Prison? Over my dead body!" he declared. The four exchanged glances under the cloak, Y/N's brow furrowing in contemplation.

"Lay a hand on me, and I swear—" Hagrid threatened as he pointed a finger at the shorter and jet-haired man.

"Bite me, Rubeus," Caspian retorted, holding his wand threateningly close and kicking Hagrid's crossbow to the side.

Y/N nearly jumped out of the cloak, her teeth gritting. The three Gryffindors pulled her back and tried to calm her down before the door swung open, revealing a familiar obnoxious blonde man.

Caspian glanced between the four men. "Already here, Fudge, Caspian?" he said with a grunt as he walked in. "Good."

Hagrid furrowed his eyebrows, crossing his arms defiantly. "What're you doing here!? Get out of my house!"

Lucius scoffed as he ventured deeper into the room, getting uncomfortably close to the four hidden children. "Believe me, I have no interest in being here, either," he replied condescendingly, scrutinizing the house.

"You call this a house?" Lucius murmured, his tone dripping with disdain, before turning to look at Hagrid. "Now, I simply called the school and was informed that the Headmaster was here," he began, Dumbledore raising an inquisitive eyebrow.

"And what, exactly, do you want?" Dumbledore asked, his fists clenched at his sides, a stern expression on his face.

Lucius regarded Dumbledore with a cold, calculating look. "The other governors and I have decided it is time for you to step aside," he said with a blank expression, holding out a scroll that he tauntingly handed to Dumbledore.

"This is an order of suspension," he declared, moving to approach Dumbledore more closely, but Fudge intervened, holding the suspended scroll in mid-air.

Lucius tilted his head slightly, his eyes narrowing as he continued, "You'll find all twelve signatures on it." He watched as Dumbledore accepted the suspension reluctantly. 

"I'm afraid we feel you've rather... lost your touch," he added, scanning the room as he paced, inadvertently moving closer to the four hidden individuals as he spoke about the safety of Muggle-borns, a thinly veiled lie.

"You can't take Professor Dumbledore away!" Hagrid interrupted with stern determination. "Take him away, and the Muggle-Borns won't stand a chance!" he declared, his voice filled with conviction. "You mark my words, there'll be killings next!"

Lucius, wearing a smug expression, responded, "You think so?"

Dumbledore, however, remained calm and composed as he addressed Hagrid. "Calm yourself, Hagrid," he said, his grip on the suspension scroll unwavering. "If the Governors desire my removal, I will, of course, step aside," he confirmed. Lucius held his head high, seemingly victorious.

Dumbledore approached Lucius and spoke in a low, measured tone. "However," he added with an air of mystery, "you will find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it." His gaze seemed to pierce through the room, almost as if he knew the hidden group was there, causing Y/N to widen her eyes in surprise.

Lucius raised an eyebrow in response to Dumbledore's statement. "Admirable sentiment," he replied sarcastically before turning to leave. As he departed, Dumbledore's piercing gaze lingered menacingly on the hidden group before he, too, exited the hut.

Caspian, now alone with Hagrid and Fudge, spoke sternly. "Go," he ordered. 

Hagrid grumbled and cleared his throat before offering a cryptic message.  "If uhm— If anybody was looking for some stuff..." he mumbled, glancing toward the hidden four. 

"Then all they'd have to do is follow the spiders." He seemed frustrated as he muttered about feeding Fang and left, leaving Caspian and Fudge looking puzzled before they followed his steps as well.

Y/N pushed off the cloak, their chests heaving with tension. "Hagrid's right! With Dumbledore gone, there'll be an attack a day!" Ron exclaimed, his concern evident.

"That's what Caspian wants," Y/N grumbled quietly to herself. She glanced at Hermione, who appeared a bit frightened by the unfolding events.

"Look," mumbled Harry, and the group walked up to the near edge of the hut where the window was. Multiple spiders were crawling on the wall, causing Hermione and Ron's faces to contort in disgust.

"He said to follow the spiders, right? Let's go," Y/N declared, taking the lead. Harry nodded in agreement as he grabbed a lamp and pushed the door open, with Fang following closely behind. They walked out of the hut and found themselves facing a seemingly endless trail of spiders.

Ron's face twisted in unease. "Come on, let's go!" Harry urged.

Ron's voice quivered as he asked, "What?"

"You heard what Hagrid said, Ron. Follow the spiders!" Hermione replied, though her own expression betrayed her wariness.

"And head into the Dark Forest?" Ron protested, his brows furrowed in concern. Y/N and Harry paid him no heed as they started to walk slowly along the spider-laden path.

Ron let out a frustrated groan, and Hermione reluctantly followed the two. "Why spiders?" Ron complained, his tone filled with discomfort. "Why can't it be 'follow the butterflies'!?"

✴✴✴✴✴

The group ventured deeper into the Dark Forest, their anticipation building with every step. Tall, skinny trees and thick fog surrounded them, blocking out the moonlight. Their only source of light was the lamp Harry carried.

They followed the spider trail with caution, and Hermione subconsciously clutched Y/N's hand tightly. Y/N didn't object; instead, she intertwined her fingers with Hermione's and guided her through the eerie forest.

"This is absolutely revolting," Ron complained. "I don't like this."

The group paid little attention to Ron's complaints, his face twisted with fear as he continued to voice his unease. "I don't like this at all!"

"Shush!" Harry snapped, his attention caught by something ahead. He lowered the lamp to reveal what appeared to be the entrance of a cave.

"Can we go back now?" Ron pleaded, looking around nervously.

"Come on!" Y/N urged, pushing past Ron and leading the way into the web-infested tunnel. Hermione shuddered under her touch, Harry followed, and Ron reluctantly brought up the rear.

"This is vile," Hermione groaned, and Y/N playfully rolled her eyes.

"Scared, Granger?" Y/N teased, but Hermione only squeezed her hand defiantly. The group reached the end of the tunnel, emerging into a deeper part of the Dark Forest where the massive roots intertwined.

At the far end of the space, a large hole drew their attention, with spiders crawling toward it, and branches snapping as if something were climbing up. A voice echoed from below, demanding to know who was there.

"We're friends of Hagrid!" Hermione exclaimed, taking a step back when the stomping grew louder, and a massive, long shape emerged from the hole, followed by more of the same. A giant tarantula loomed over them.

"You—are you Aragog?" Harry asked, his eyes wide with fear.

Aragog's large eyes glistened as he replied, "Ah, yes. Hagrid has never sent men into our hollow before..."

"He's in trouble!" Y/N exclaimed. "There have been attacks around the school, and they think it's Hagrid. He's been sent to Azkaban because they think he's opened the Chamber," she explained.

Aragog grunted. "That's a lie!" he sharply replied, his voice filled with conviction. "Hagrid would never open the Chamber of Secrets."

"...Then you're not the monster?" Hermione tilted her head, her brow furrowed.

"No," Aragog answered defiantly. "The monster was born in the castle. I came to Hagrid from a distant land, in a pocket of a traveler."

Ron whispered, and Harry shot him a glare, urging him to be quiet and stop his whimpering. Y/N's gaze remained fixed on the spider, while Hermione's grip on her hand tightened as she looked around and exchanged glances with Ron.

"But if you're not the monster, then what did kill that girl 50 years ago?" Harry asked, genuinely confused.

"We do not speak of it!" Aragog retorted. "It is an ancient creature we spiders fear above all others."

"But have you seen it?" Y/N questioned, Hermione subtly tugging her wrist in an attempt to keep her quiet.

"I never saw any part of the castle, with the box in which Hagrid kept me," Aragog explained. "The girl was discovered in a bathroom when I was accused. Hagrid brought me here," he said, Ron's whimpers growing louder.

"Harry..." Ron whispered, tugging on the boy's hem.

"What!?" Harry snapped.

Ron pointed up, and Y/N and Harry followed his pointed finger. Hermione was already drawing out her wand but made no move to disconnect her hand from Y/N. Multiple spiders were spiraling downwards toward them.

"Well..." Harry's voice cracked. "Thank you, we will be going now..." he said, taking a step back already.

"Go?" Aragog inquired, menacingly walking up to them slowly. "I think you will not. My sons and daughters do not harm Hagrid on my command, but I cannot deny them fresh meat when it wanders so willingly into our midst."

The large spider trailed off, Y/N's head whipping around, holding an open flame in the palm of her hand threateningly.

"Goodbye, friends of Hagrid."

"Can we panic now?" Ron whined, looking to Harry and Y/N, who wore panicked expressions.

"Oh Godric, you three. Fight back!" Hermione exclaimed, pointing her wand as she incanted, "Bombarda Maxima!" The spiders blew off, going limp.

"I wanna try something, back them off, I need to focus," Y/N murmured, the group pressing their backs together.

"I only know one spell!" Harry exclaimed.

"I know none!" Ron chimed in, his face contorted and scrunched up.

Y/N took a deep breath, trying to calm her racing heart. She extended her arm, palm outstretched, attempting to call upon her Fire Powers. The air around her seemed to shimmer with potential as she focused on the image of a magnificent fiery phoenix bursting forth from the depths of her being.

But nothing happened.

She gritted her teeth and tried again, her hand trembling slightly. She could feel the energy within her, but it was slippery, elusive, like trying to grasp smoke with bare hands. She muttered incantations to herself under her breath, desperately trying to gather the power needed.

Still, there was no sign of the phoenix.

The spiders were closing in, their countless legs scuttling ominously. Hermione's spells were keeping them at bay for the moment, but the horde was relentless. Y/N felt the weight of responsibility pressing down on her, the knowledge that she had this incredible power but couldn't seem to wield it when it mattered most.

She closed her eyes, trying to find a deeper connection to the flames within her. She remembered the feeling of warmth, of intense heat and passion, the very essence of fire. With renewed determination, she extended her arm again, her voice steady as she cried out, "Phoenix Burst!"

This time, something stirred. A flicker of flame danced at her fingertips, but it was feeble, barely a spark in the darkness. The spiders continued to advance, and Hermione's spells were beginning to falter.

Y/N's frustration welled up inside her. She couldn't let her friends down. She couldn't let Hagrid down. With every ounce of her will, she channeled her inner fire, she didn't know what Pheonix Burst did exactly, but she had an idea.

And then, it happened. A burst of brilliant flames erupted from her hand, and with a deafening screech, a fiery phoenix materialized in the night sky. Its wings outstretched, it swooped down from the treetops, a blazing beacon of destruction.

The spiders had no chance. The phoenix's flames engulfed them, burning them to ashes. It was a breathtaking display of power and beauty, and as quickly as it had come, the phoenix soared back into the night, leaving only the scent of burning spider silk in its wake.

Y/N's knees gave way, and she collapsed to the forest floor, panting heavily. She had done it. She had unleashed the Phoenix Burst, but it had drained her, leaving her feeling weak and vulnerable. Hermione rushed to her side, helping her up as the group marveled at the scorched remains of the spiders.

Out of nowhere, a deafening crash shattered the tense atmosphere, causing the surviving spiders to scuttle away in fear. A battered and half-broken car, the very one Harry and Ron had "borrowed" from Mr. Weasley, came hurtling toward them. Its brilliant headlights illuminated the scene, momentarily blinding the four friends.

The car's doors flew open, beckoning them urgently. "Let's get in!" Harry instructed, his voice filled with urgency.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 462 22
Y/N Weasley had lived the first eight years of her life, thinking that she was special to not have the traditional red-hair like the rest of her fami...
244K 7.4K 18
(Y/N) has had a crush on Hermione Granger since their 3rd year at Hogwarts. Her feelings are growing, and there is a nagging inside of her telling he...
551K 17.9K 35
Y/N: Your Name L/N: Last Name H/C: Hair Colour E/C: Eye Colour S/C: Skin Colour F/C: Favorite Colour F/F: Favorite Food ...
372K 13.2K 34
Y/N: Your Name L/N: Last Name H/C: Hair Colour E/C: Eye Colour S/C: Skin Colour F/C: Favorite Colour F/F: Favorite Food ...