Mafia Wars (Rewriting)

Par KKLBOOKS

Emilia Santana's protective yet ruthless father sends her away for five years in effort to hide her from othe... Plus

Aesthetics
1. I'm Home
2. Reunited
3. The Ball
4. Meet Again
5. The Dinner
6. Inheritance
7. Tempt
8. Love in Portofino
9. Betrothal & Betrayal
10. Wedding Dress
12. Garter Toss
13. Deflowered
14. Devoured
15. Honeymoon Treat
16. Teasing Him
17. The Falcones
18. Adoration
19. Christen your body
20. The Russian Declaration
21. I promise

11. Wedding Bells

1K 43 2
Par KKLBOOKS

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

Lorenzo sipped his whisky, his fingers stroking the ridges of the glass as a way to ease his mind. In no shorter time he would be married and would have united two of the biggest organisations in the world to a lifetime of peace. He understood his duty, his reservations were long buried now. This was not something that could be discussed or an arrangement that could satisfy him. It was truth and absolute, Lorenzo and Emilia would join to be one.

He thought about her in that moment, he wondered what she was thinking and feeling. If her mind was plagued with regret and distress at the thought of walking towards her doom. He grunted in thought 'Don't drown your sorrows Lorenzo' called Roderigo. He stood tall by the door, his hands in his trouser pockets with his usual neutral expression painted on his face. Roderigo looked just like Emilia but his eyes held a coldness to them, hardened by war.

'I've only had one' Lorenzo grumbled, his eyes still staring at the fiery liquid swirling in the crystal glace between his fingers. 'We need to speak about Emilia' Roderigo said, he placed himself in one of the chairs by the wall, his posture relaxed and expression taut. Lorenzo placed his glass on the table, his dark eyes finding the shadow of his beloved's brother in the corner of the room. 'What about her?' he hummed, his fingers tightening between each other. 'Emilia is our youngest and only sister...' he started, his brows furrowing at the words

'And despite what many think, we have only tried to protect her and I swear my life by it but do not be mistaken...' He cleared his throat, his hands calmly sat on top of his thighs as he spoke. 'I will protect her even from you' his voice was tranquil but his words held a deadly whisper, a hiss that should not be ignored. Lorenzo stayed silent, drinking in the words of his future brother in law, honouring the wrath he could invoke if he ever wronged the Spanish Princess. 'It is my duty now to protect her' Lorenzo voiced, he stood from his seat now. The amber drink making his throat warm with liquid courage, as he left Roderigo behind and headed towards the altar.

Lorenzo walked past his father and Emilia's, not in the mood to listen to their last threats of what would happen if this arranged marriage did not happen. He decided he would enjoy it, he would enjoy seeing another beauty to the dark haired woman he had gotten to know. How her blue eyes would hopefully glitter as he drank in her gorgeous face or how she might twiddle her fingers in nervousness as she approached him. He stood at the altar awaiting his fate, the one everyone painted as ruin but in truth was freedom

---

Emilia stood in front of the long golden mirror taking in her tight expression. 'Smile' her cousin Carmen condemned, her smile false and full of malice. Emilia followed her request, her lips pulling at the corners and revealing white teeth hidden behind pink satin lips and despite the stopping smile, she was not convinced. 'Breathe prima breathe' comforted Camilla, her hands resting on Emilia arms and her chin leaning on her shoulder. Emilia followed her words, a small smile rolling on her lips as she admired her reflection. She had spent the morning following the traditions of marriage and her family. Her hands slid to her thigh where her garter sat comfortably beneath her dress, fear slightly humming in the back of her mind at the fact that everyone expected Lorenzo to peel it from her body.

Deep down she didn't mind but she thought it maybe wrong. Shaking her head she glanced at herself one more time before replying. 'I can do this' she chanted to herself, in reply to Camilla, who smiled back at her warmly. 'Exactly you can do this and if you don't we can run away to somewhere hot and sunny and live in those sheds by the beach' she giggled. 'I can't live in a shed Camilla' Emilia scolded jokingly, her eyebrows folding in faux annoyance. She squeezed her cousins hand 'Thank you. I love you' she confessed, thankful that she had someone so supportive by her side. 'I love you too' Camilla replied but a slight knock at the door interrupted them

By the door stood her father, Andres Santana. His eyes shook in awe as he drank in his daughter's appearance, tears building in the back of his eyes. They hadn't spoken properly since that night in Italy but he be damned if let his daughter walk into another family without telling her how she will always be apart of his own. 'Will you be ok?' Mariah asked, she came beside her cousin in a shallow defence. Her shoulders squared in tension, knowing what her uncle had did to Emilia. 'I'll be ok. I will see you out there' Emilia reassured, her words allowing everyone but her father to clear from the room.

'Lotus...' he called hesitantly. His voice was uncertain, it wasn't the usual deep rumble Emilia was used to hearing. The voice that called upon her with ease and love, this time it was strained and aware of the spitting cobra that hissed at its noise. 'Yes father?' Emilia replied, her ocean eyes were plain now, inept of emotion as she looked at him. 'I wanted to give you this' it was only then did she look from his face, giving her father relief from those pointed eyes. A necklace sat in his bare hands as he rounded in front of her. 'It was your mothers. She wore it when we married and cherished it, she always planned to hand it to you when it would be your time'

Those hard eyes, shook when Emilia saw the familiar silver necklace. Her mother wore it frequently, her fingers always fumbling over it when she was in deep thought. 'May I?' Andres gestured to Emilia's neck, hoping to place the necklace on her. With her nod of approval, he placed the cool necklace on her golden skin, latching it together. He turned to look at his daughter and deep in his gut he knew he had taken her for granted. Andres Santana in that moment regretted his overprotective nature, he hated that his anxiety of failing her had caused him to fail her. He wished he risked it all and kept his beautiful daughter by his side. 'If I could change it all I would. I would have kept you here with me all these years but you have to know that i love you. I will always love you, you are my only daughter and even though you hate me right now i felt like i had no choice'

His words left his mouth in a scrambled mess, his heart stammering and in those few moments his daughters eyes softened. She felt his fear of being left behind by her. 'I understand. I don't like it but I understand but it doesn't mean I forgive you. You'll have to work for it' she finally sounded, her voice firm. 'You sound just like your mother' he chuckled awkwardly, his hand took hers into his leading her towards the door. 'I promise you I will try my hardest to earn your forgiveness'

Emilia and her father descended the stairs, standing at the far end of the long walk towards the alter. Andres slipped his arm through his daughters, his shoulders rounding in pride but anxiety, knowing that this moment was absolute. 'Let's go' Emilia announced, her veil covered her face, her piercing blue eyes staring ahead at her future. She knew it was futile to cry, to scream and beg. This moment was written in stone, it was her fate to marry Lorenzo Valetti and she would do it. She took the first steps, the music of her rhythm playing throughout the catholic church as she headed towards her future husband. Everyone stood and looked at her, she saw her cousins ahead in their bridesmaid gowns. Her brothers who stood on the opposite side, their faces stern and guilty but in truth she only cared about one expression.

The tall dark man who had swooned her from when they first met stood just ahead. His dark hair was slicked back in a professional fashion, only a small curl left to hang. His suit much more smart than his usual get up, as she spotted his waist coat beneath his jacket but it was his eyes. Those dazzling eyes who called her like a siren, luring her to the depths of a green lake full of mystery and although his face was stony and strict he was the most handsome man she had ever seen. Within no time she reached him, her father passing her over to him as they stood before the priest.

'Please be seated' father mentioned, his holiness felt foreign in a room with such questionable morality. He spoke endlessly about their roles of marriage, what was expected of them now that they had chosen to join before the Lord. 'Emilia Rosalind Santana. Do you take Lorenzo Jax Valetti as your husband? to love and serve him through life and death?' the priest asked, his eyes diverting to her but she hadn't even noticed. Through the whole time she starred at her husband behind her mesh veil, their eyes battling each other for dominance. 'I do' she sounded, her hand involuntarily squeezing like she had been burned by her words. 'And do you Lorenzo Jax Valetti take Emilia Rosalind Santana as your wife? To love and protect her? To dote on her through life and death?'

'I do' he responded, his hand loosening from hers. They placed rings on each others fingers, finishing off the symbolic promise they had sworn before God. 'Then I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride' the priest smiled, his joyful grin causing Emilia's eyes to wince from the brightness. Lorenzo's hand found her veil, lifting the dainty lace up to reveal the face he truly wished to see. Her cheeks were rosy with nervousness and her eyes twinkled like lone stars in the darkest night sky. Leaning towards her, his hand found her chin before taking her soft petal lips under his.

He only wished to kiss her lightly, but he could not help himself. His tongue slipped past her docile lips, searching her mouth in need as he claimed her. She didn't know it yet but she would forever be his, even if this marriage was an excuse to bring their fathers businesses closer. He had no intentions of letting her go.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

1.2M 23K 39
How can one event alter the course of your entire life? Going from living with her single beloved mother to flying across the country to live with he...
53.1K 2.4K 53
Gianna Romano is the daughter of feared Italian Mafia boss, Mateo Romano. After graduating high school in Italy, Gianna goes off to New York to stud...
Twisted Fixation Par Reen.

Fiction générale

91.8K 1.2K 64
Betrayal. Revenge. Obsession. Femme fatale Yuriko Rivera had set her mind on only one thing for three years now, ever since her father was merciless...
1.7K 31 13
Single mom Emilia Lombardi, escapes from the clutches of her daughter's abusive father and is staying with her childhood friend until she can get bac...