°☆𝕭𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙---touj...

By ina_sri

°☆"The Black Magick had chosen a new Lord."-☆° Hogwarts watches the might of the Noble and Most Ancient House... More

Author's Note
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚡
sirius' dramatic entry gets ruined
regulus makes foolish decisions
james gets some bad news
the call of war
her eyes as sharp as serpent's gaze
lucius gets covered in spit
shall we, mi amor?
remus always knows.
nott votes for something that makes sense
cassiopeia blasts the front door

where do you think cousin bella gets it from?

6.1K 306 92
By ina_sri

Sirius was the brawn, Kaidy the brains, and Percy the heart---what was Regulus? Irrelevant, in the grand scheme of things, probably meant to drown trying to foolishly and recklessly betray the dark lord. He wanted to curse out at his future self for behaving like a stupid Gryffindor. How dare he leave his friends and family behind in heartbreak? He was supposed to be better than that, he was supposed to be the support---the spare.

Ah, Regulus huffed in realization, he was spiraling from the overload of information not meant for mere mortals like them. But self-doubt was unlike him, he has always been so sure of his place in the world and where he belonged----but was he? Seeing yourself almost die does that to you, he supposes. Makes you wonder about greater things. Things that just didn't matter before.

Now on the matter of his best friend---See, Regulus liked to think of himself as level-headed and calm, at least as calm as a Black could be. But for once---just this once---he wanted to resort to violence, he wanted to embrace the madness his family line had been cursed with. Just this once. Promise.

He wanted to laugh as Barty Crouch Sr. bleeds on the pearly white floor of his ballroom, he wanted to waltz upon his corpse with the son he disowned. The son he cast away.

He breathes in and makes eye contact with his father who looks at him knowingly. Regulus Black decides then, he would offer his beloved the blood of his ex-father as wine. He would make him Barty Black.

He shook his head, where is this coming from?

His heartbeat sped up, he took another deep breath and tried to calmly analyze the situation in his mind. There was something he couldn't process. When did Barty become his beloved? How? Is this mutual? No, this must be the delusion of his mad brain, he could not end his friendship on mere speculation. He needed evidence. Yes, evidence. But how does one confirm if his feeling is reciprocated?

He smiles, he knows the answer, he has seen Sirius charm enough ladies to know.

《☆☆☆☆☆》

The camera followed the back of a man in chains dressed in tattered robes. Around him were armed Aurors with wands ready for any sign of the wrong movement. The mood of the scene was depressing as dementors hung around leaving behind wisps of black smoke as they circled around the prisoner their skeleton hands waiting for a chance to snatch their prey.

The camera changed its angle it slowly moved upwards and forward simultaneously, showing the front of the man, it was agonizingly slow as it reached the neck of the man and then focused on his face. The man looked years older but those silver eyes could not be mistaken, the days near the dementors were hard on him and it showed by his sunken cheeks and pale skin color. SIRIUS BLACK.

James breathed in sharply, They had no right to put Padfoot in Azkaban without a trial. NO RIGHT.

The chains clinked against the marble floor as he was dragged in amidst gasps, the Aurors stopped near a chair with cuffs on it. Sirius Black sat on the chair with all the grace of a king who had come to hold his court. The chains that made him look small were now just a decoration that made him look more intimidating.

Orion smiled fondly.

The screen took a sweeping shot of the whole room, At the head of the court, a large dais looked down on the accused, filled with Ministry officials and the Chief Warlock. The Lords of Wizengamot sat around on their seats divided by their allegiance in a circle around the Arena.

Reporters in the public viewing section were frantically clicking photos, not willing to miss a good shot of the first trial to be given after imprisonment. MINISTRY FAILS AGAIN! SIRIUS BLACK INNOCENT OR A PLOT BY THE BLACKS TO RELEASE THEIR HEIR? IS ALKAID BLACK ONLY A PLACEHOLDER FOR THE BLACK HEADSHIP BEFORE THE MALE HEIR RETURNS?

Sirius grits his teeth in anger.

No one dares to breathe too loud.

The camera zoomed in on Lord Black whose face was stoic but her eyes betrayed her as she looked down at her brother.

ALKAID(voiceover, thoughts): What have they done to you brother?

Something suspiciously like tears shiness in her eyes before it disappears. She could not afford to show weakness, not when Sirius depended on her, not when the whole wizarding world had eyes on her.

"Oh, Al." Sirius sighs with regret. If only future-him had not been so stupid.

The camera captures the sound of gravel thumping on the jury table as Chief Warlock Warwick clears his throat and adjusts his glasses.

CW WARWICK: We are gathered here today, the Lords of Wizengamot, to witness the trial of Sirius Black, whose appeal has been submitted by Lord Black himself. Representing the Ministry of Magic is Interrogator Moore Garfield. The defendant may now present themselves before this esteemed court.

MARCELLA (stepping forward): I am Marcella Devereux, here to defend Sirius Black, scion of the House of Black.

"I thought it would be Cae, not 'Cella." Regulus grumbled.

Andromeda stiffened having heard his thoughts, "I did not expect you to underestimate witches, Regulus Arcturus Black."

"I am not!" The Slytherin blanches. "Caelum is just less likely to call for an honor duel to death in the middle of a court hearing."

Andromeda hummed.

"Psst..."Peter leaned towards Remus, "Someone can call a death duel in a court?"

Remus smirked and shrugged. Peter paled.

Chief Warlock Warwick nods, and a man in red robes and thick glasses diligently transcribes the dialogue.

CW WARWICK: This proceeding pertains to the events of the 30th of October, 1981, in the case of the Ministry of Magic versus Sirius Orion Black. The accused has previously been charged with being an accomplice to the murders of Auror James Potter and Lily Potter, as well as the murders of thirteen Muggles. He is also accused of being a right-hand man to a known terrorist and charged with treason for sharing state secrets during his time as an Auror. Mr. Black, how do you plead?

"Sirius would never----" James burst out, "Are you bloody serious?"

Dorea did not berate him for his language, she wanted to curse out loud too, it was years of etiquette training that prevented her from letting out her frustrations.

"He is not but I am." Sirius whispered, unable to give up the opportunity to make a serious pun.

Remus facepalmed.

Marcella meets Sirius' eyes and nods encouragingly.

SIRIUS (pausing and scanning the Wizengamot): Not guilty.

Regulus breathed out a sigh of relief, at least his brother did not claim himself guilty out of some harebrained views of self-blame.

The courtroom falls silent at this declaration. Barty Crouch Sr.'s mustache twitches, his fists clench, and his knuckles turn white, revealing his displeasure.

Barty's lips twitch at the action, his ex-father deserves all the displeasure he gets.

Interrogator Garfield, a slender man with a toothbrush mustache and receding hairline, steps forward, projecting a stern and authoritative voice that belies his underwhelming appearance.

"That's tough, mate." A Ravenclaw piped up. "Garfield is probably the worst Interrogator he can face in this situation."

"Why?" James asked dreading the answer.

"He can find guilt in the innocent." She replied ominously.

Her friend leaned in to whisper in her ear, "Isn't he your father?"

"Who do you think blames everything that goes wrong on me to escape Mother's ire?"

Her friend shook her head.

GARFIELD: Every criminal proclaims their innocence, but I remind the court that there were eyewitnesses at the crime scene---multiple Muggle witnesses who watched these heinous crimes unfold. We are wasting our time on a criminal who should be in Azkaban, serving his sentence in exile!

Alkaid Black inhales sharply and straightens in anger. James Potter's posture reflects his desire to intervene in the proceedings, anything to protect his best friend.

"Don't even think about it, James." Charlus murmurs. "It will make the situation worse."

MARCELLA: Investigator Garfield forgets his place, your honor. Sirius Orion Black was never granted a fair trial. He is innocent until proven guilty.

"If only that was true."

GARFIELD (objecting): Objection, your honor! Defense Counsel Devereux---

CW WARWICK: Objection overruled. The defense may continue.

MARCELLA: Thank you, your honor. I respectfully request the court to dismiss the charges related to the murder of Auror James Potter, as he is clearly alive and well.

"Clearly." Dorea drawls.

CW WARWICK: Granted.

GARFIELD: Lord James Potter may be alive, your honor, but the attempt on his life and the tragic death of his wife still occurred. Sirius Black remains a prime suspect in both cases, having been the secret keeper of the location that concealed both Lord and Lady Potter.

Sirius' lips twitched, Tragic?

"You do not throw suspects in Azkaban!" Orion laughed angrily. "Is that what the wizarding law is reduced to? A Black in Azkaban for crimes he did not even commit?"

Abraxas placed a calming hand on his old friend.

"Why do I feel something is wrong with that last part?" Rabastan whispered to his best mate.

"Because he looks more put out that Sirus not committing crimes rather than him being imprisoned." Evan whispered back incredulously.

"I don't understand the Blacks, mate."

"Me neither, and my aunt Druella is married to one."

"Isn't she the same who baby-trapped a 13-year-old?"

"Where do you think Cousin Bella gets it from?"

Rabastan breathed in sharply. He needs to warn his brother.

Regulus side-eyed them.

MARCELLA: Thank you, Investigator, for raising this matter. If your honor permits, I would like to call my first witness to the stand before this esteemed court-Lord James Potter.

CW WARWICK: Permission granted.

James Potter steps up to the witness stand.

MARCELLA: Please state your name.

JAMES POTTER: James Fleamont Potter.

MARCELLA: (addressing James Potter) Lord Potter, do you believe that Sirius Black betrayed the location where you were hiding?

JAMES POTTER: No. Never.

"See? Sirius is innocent!" The head of the previous SBFC proclaimed out loud.

MARCELLA: Why are you so sure, Lord Potter?

JAMES POTTER: Because there was no location to betray, no secret to be kept.

"Where did the rumor of there being a secret keeper even come from?" Frank asked out loud.

MARCELLA: What do you mean Lord Potter?

JAMES POTTER: There was no Fidelius Charm, therefore no secret keeper.

MARCELLA: As you see your honor, There was no secret keeper for there was no Fidelius at all thus there was no betrayal! My client was put in Azkaban on the basis of mere rumors!

"What a scary future to live in, am I going to be thrown in Azkaban because of rumors---without any proof? Just because my family has darker inclinations?" A Slytherin first-year wondered out loud.

The adults stiffened. Some of them shifted at his naive and innocent face.
Is this what the next generation fears? Is this how much we failed?

GARFIELD: Your honor I would like to remind Defendor that betraying the position of a secret keeper was just a fraction of the crimes committed by Sirius Black. He may have not betrayed the sacred oath of a secret keeper but he is guilty of the death of 13 innocent muggles, who were killed in an episode of mania his family line is known for.

"Tch. I told you to cut off the rumors at their roots." Cassiopeia hissed at her brother.

"But it kept them scared of our wrath!" Arcturus did not whine.

"Now it has come to bite you!"

".....but they are not even rumors." Arcturus murmured careful to not be heard by anyone.

MARCELLA: Is the esteemed wizengamot going to judge on the basis of long-dead rumors, rumors that were spread to defame a noble house?

"How did an insipid fool like you, court her, brother?" Walburga asked Alphard, her tone incredulously unbelieving.

Alpard sniffed, "Excuse you, I am a catch!"

Walburga just chuckled mockingly.

《☆☆☆☆☆》

Cassiopeia Black stepped out from the debris and destruction caused by her spell looking comically small as she stepped in from a large hole that nearly consisted of the whole wall to which the door was attached.

Bellatrix licked her lips in delight waiting for the carnage, Frank looked at her in disgust. She stuck her tongue out at him, he made a funny face back.

Rpdolphus watched them in trepidation, he forgot about the rivalry they had on. Dear Merlin, how in bloody hell did he forget it? The gala that haunted his nights came to his mind.

He shivered.

Behind her entered nearly a dozen of Aurors. She stood out among the sea of red in her black lace hat. Her wand was brandished toward the flaming remains of what once used to be a door.

PETUNIA scampers to the edge of the room, her hand frozen as the telephone slides from her hand and onto the ground. Her pale face and heavy breathing give away her fear and shock.

Lily's heart was in her throat, she was torn between delight and worry, on one hand, Petunia was her sister who was once her third parent, and on the other hand was her daughter who would no doubt suffer at the hands of her sister.

CASSIOPEIA(smiles politely): Madam Dursley. We need to talk.

"So respectful to a filthy muggle, Madam Black?" Theodore Nott asked curiously.

Cassiopeia did not deign him response.

Cassiopeia waves her wand and the house fixes itself to its previous state. She looks towards the shaking Petunia and raises an eyebrow.

Petunia still shocked shakingly sits down on the couch and nods fearfully. She has never seen a witch like this. The only interaction she had with their kind was with Professors, Lily's friends, and the Marauders.

Lily winces at her sister's fear. She has always been wary of wixens, she sneaked a glance at Sirius Black, and rightfully so.

Alphard cackles, happy to not be the target of his aunt's mechanisms for once.

CASSIOPEIA (her lips curl into a sneer at the last word): You may not know me given your heritage.

"Here it is, the disdain." Nott nodded to himself.

Petunia flinches, her mind taking her back to the letter she sent to the old coot back when all she wanted was to be magical.

CASSIOPEIA: I am Cassiopeia Black, sister of the previous Lord Black.

"How would she know wizard nobility, sister?" Arcturus sneered.

Muggleborns look at him warily, they had forgotten no matter how human and approachable they seemed now, the Blacks were still pureblood supremacists. It was in their very bones.

Petunia shows no recognition of the title.

Cassiopeia shakes her head and chuckles lowly.

CASSIOPEIA: You must know my grand nephew, Sirius Black.

Petunia pales further as if it was even physically possible.

PETUNIA(shaky, everything that came out of her mouth an incoherent mumble): You--him---Lily---

CASSIOPEIA: Good, you remember. But we are not here to talk about him. My other nephew James, the Lord Potter married your sister Lily Evans and they had a child, a daughter, Aster.

PETUNIA(stiffens at the name): We did not talk much, Lily and I.

She chuckles nervously trying to hide the crack in her voice.

PETUNIA: Worse than enemies, they called us.

Lily stiffens.

CASSIOPEIA(amused): How interesting. It must have been a terribly unpleasant surprise to find your niece on your doorstep.

"Directly to the point, how unlike you, Cassie." Pollux commented.

"Not everyone is as predictable as you, Polly." Cassiopeia shot back.

"I thought we agreed to stop using nicknames, Pea." He was not one to back down.

"My dear Olly, how foolish of you to forget who exactly you are talking to, did you forget about the night of 13th November 1956 so soon?"

Pollux stilled. No, he didn't.

PETUNIA: I do not know what you are talking about. You do not know what you are talking about.

CASSIOPEIA(leans forward): You will see that I do.

"Why she is so hot?"Marlene fanned herself.

She stares at the muggle woman in front of her with steely gray eyes, her eyes finally showing the disgust she feels. She gestures to the Aurors behind her, a simple hand movement that sends them scrambling inside, searching for any sign of a magical child.

"Perform a detection charm, fools." Jasmine Davis sneered at the incompetence.

Petunia stands up in anger, her fury at her sanctuary being invaded overriding her fear of the witch in front of her.

CASSIOPEIA: I will give you one chance to come clean, muggle.

"Tell her." Lily almost begged. "Please."

PETUNIA(hysteria curling her words): GET OUT! I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR KIND! GET OUT YOU----FREAKS!

"Finally showing her true colors, eh?" Sirius mused.

The men ignore her and search every room. One of them comes back and whispers in Cassiopeia's ear.

AUROR: There is no sign of Aster Potter or any magical child for that matter.

"Blood never lies." Almost every pureblood and magically raised wixen intoned, remembering their lessons.

Cassiopeia looks surprised before she hums. Petunia looks relieved.

CASSIOPEIA: The ritual said she would be here, was she removed?

"Not unless someone informed them of the search beforehand." Edgar Bones murmured.

She starts walking around the house, as she passes the stairs, a distressed cry of a child startles her. She backtracked towards the cupboard under the stairs, the cry closer than ever.

The hall watched with bated breath.

She traces her hand over the cupboard lock and opens it warily.
The scene inside makes her gasp, her eyes wide.

James winced, scared of what could make Cassiopeia Black falter.

The camera focuses on the inside of the cupboard, a toddler is laid on the bare wood of the dusty cupboard her tattered wrap thrown haphazardly on the crying child. Another look at her showed her soiled clothes, and Cassiopeia grimaced.

The audience burst into angry shouts and graphic threats of murder.《☆☆☆☆☆》

I did it!

Did it meet the standards, was it worth the wait?

Yay or Nay?

《☆☆☆☆☆》

Question of the day.

If you could be a protégé of any Harry Potter character who would you choose as your teacher?

《★☆☆☆★》

Unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 986 40
Your time is running out, You should really watch your mouth. Regulus Black x OC © op81lovebot
12K 570 123
In which the untold story of Walburga Black unfolds. She was a witch before she was a wife, mother, and cruel woman. ⭑⭑⭑ "You failed as a mother; I f...
980 19 5
𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐈𝐧 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞 | Regulus was the saviour of the first Wizarding war. Sacrificing his wife and spending ten torturous years locked away in A...
4.3K 183 8
𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐓. 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐑-𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊, was in all ways a force of nature-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐒, he is adorned...