AGAINST ALL ODDS [The Golden...

By Zion204

[every chapter contains 2-5k word counts or more, depends to the author. which means Longer Chapters! so enjo... More

Introduction
Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 10

379 12 4
By Zion204

"So who's this Green Warrior?-its okay calling you that right? hehe you just really remind me of my sister!" Sitting together in a circle, Mei has been massaging the Monks Hand since literally she felt like all of his power is Chanelled down his palms.

Or was it?

Well nevermind that, for now though it seems the monk has rested well even though the two of them or maybe three plus her Grandpa, is locked in a cage "She's Mei, I took her under my wing" Tripitaka Smiled, and Ao Lie Gasped his green orbs Sparkling in delight.

"A new Disciple! Wait Gimmie a minute my brain can be a Snail sometimes-*ahem"

"Older Brother Wukong is the oldest since technically he's the first, second is Brother Baije third is Me of course~"

Is he....

Counting?-

"And fourth is Bro Wujing!" Ao Lie Grinned, and then Glanced to the Girl "since You're my Junior, as your Big bro I'll watch over you! Don't worry maybe I can teach you some draaaaggooon stuff and maybe you can have your own dragon too!" He Giggled, holding Mei's hand her heart leaped out her throat, Crying in tears of joy the two Dragons started circling and jumping while the great Monk on the other hand is just sitting on the sidelines with a smile watching his Disciple and Mei getting along so well.

"I would be honored!"

"Ehehehe~ tears of joy! Tears of joy! I'm kinda Giddy to have another younger Bro-no wait you're a girl-*ahem. Younger Sister I mean"

Well technically I'm your Granddaughter. A thousand times in the family tree.

But sure! You kinda vibe like a older brother so I'm digging it!

"Anyways you're okay right? How about you Master? Are your legs tired again with all of the running?" Ao Lie Giggled, earning the monk a little Irk mark on his Forehead. Okay Fine he's a Whiny Monk back then and his legs gets tired to easily. Spaghetti legs per se.

But hey he's different now! He can run fast now, even fight if it needs to and he's independent!

Well....except if he gets overwhelmed with a lot of people or crowds he's gonna burst crying and he'll look for Donghai or Tang.

I hope you still remember.

"Actually I carried Master in piggy back ride" Mei Grinned and The Monk Blinked, okay that's kinda fine excuse. "Eh? You carried Master?! Were the saaaaame!!!" The Dragon Squeled and shaked Mei. "I carry Master too ya know! I can turn into a horse!" He proudly huffed, and Mei Nods with a smile once she heard her grandfather anounce that Pretty proud and he seems happy too.

"You didn't get a back ache right?"

"Eh, I've carried a friend back then and I dunno it's like-a habit? I don't know if it's a good or bad thing"

No Mei your grandfather's Strange actions just really Rubbed off your family bloodline.

Tripitaka Snorted. Still he's used at seeing Mei suddenly carrying Donghai behind her back. The girl seems used to it too and even if she's doing chores or Deliveries Mei insist and keeps on helping her and Mk.

"Well whatever that is I think it's like an instinct!"

"Really gramp-I mean *ahem- Brother?"

"Yyyuuup!"

The Dragon nodded, still feeling Giddy that Mei called him Brother. "Ya know my family is pure blooded Dragons. Our History may look Majestic since Dragons are literally giants" Ao Lie chuckled and then, his eyes Glanced to the Great Monk.

"But putting aside our scary looks were very Protective to our family and friends!"

"Well that explains you almost swallowing two demons"

"Wha-Master are you still Salty about that? B-but uh-atleast you Bonked me and I Spit them out?"

Sweatdropping, Mei Giggled watching Tripitaka and her grandfather interact with one another "That might also be your protective instinct. You carry your friends as sign of your protection. I carry Master not just because he has Noodle legs" Ao Lie Smirked, and the Monk Summoned out his Staff and lightly hit The Dragons Leg, Ao Lie simply laughed.

"But because so that He can also be close with me. I know Wukong can't always protect Our Master so I'm always there."

"You're pretty cool ya know?"

Mei Awed, and the Dragon Giggled waving off her compliment that Surely Choked his Dragon heart in pure joy. The monk smiled "Anyways We should really find a way out here" Mei blurted, making Ao Lie Blink.

"Oh! Lemmie try again!"

"Nope not a chance Mei"

Stopping her from punching and biting off the wooden Cage, Tripitaka Sighs. "Actually I have a plan. Will you listen and be with me?" He spoke, Mei stopped and looked at the Old Monk. "Well....you always have Cool plans" She smiled.

"Plan? You have a plan Master?"

"Yes My dear Disciple"

"But isn't that like Wukong's Work to make plans?"

"What? so you're saying he's the only Brains and not us?"

"Err-no?"

"Exactly! So You're with us!" The Monk Grinned, pulling the Dragon with them. He grabbed a Nearby Stick and started drawing on the Ground.

He's been meaning to use the Power of the Golden Maiden again. To collect some powerful force from the wolf Demon Kui Mulang. If he can take a few force and Invert them with his own. Then Surely he has enough power to travel through the sections of the scroll again.

And maybe....he can take new Allies.

His eyes Glanced to Ao Lie, he knows that this is a memory. Where souls are force to repeat their mistakes and sins "do you remember the Fight last year?" He asked, going back to Mei the girl nod.

"I'm gonna use that power again. But I have to take a few hits from that Demon."

"Isn't that a bit too dangerous? You have to summon your Magic in a right time in order to Pary with him"

"Yes. But fret not" He smiled, Ao Lie who's been listening behind the sidelines Blinked in confusion "I can Do it. Ao lie" He called, and The Dragon perked up, his eyes looking directly to the monk "if the Demon has intentions to harm any of you or Use his strength. Don't hesitate to Fight back" he said, suprising Him real time.

"Wait Master....are you Okay?"

"Hm? Yes I'm fine! Is there a problem?"

"No uh-It's just that...."

Ao Lie Chuckled, and then looked at Mei "you never really tell us to fight back. Instead you're pretty Pacifist, I remember the time Wukong killed a demon and then you argued with him" he said. Tripitaka and Mei standing in silence.

Right.....Ahahaha-oh lord....

"A-ahahaha! *ahem-nows not really the time to talk about that-A-Anyways back to the plan!" He Grinned, Tugging The Dragon to scoot closer. "So as I was saying, Ao Lie you have my permission to Protect Mei and fight back. If things gets pretty dirty" He said, still The Dragon seems not used to this new character of his master. He didn't ask anymore and nodded "noted!" He Grinned "as for you Mei, You broke your sword" he trailed, and the girl turned Red in embarrassment.

"Y-yeah..."

"And now the handle is just left?"

"U-uhuh...."

"Can I have it then?" He said, and she grabbed the handle. Ao Lie Awed once he saw the Dragon handle, but sadly the sword is crashed to pieces. Taking the handle, Tripitaka Smiled.

How could he forget? He was Master in arcane arts and reversing the damage is just a piece of cake.

Raising one finger, his eyes glowed Gold. Touching the broken Jade of the sword, golden Light Spreads through the handle, suprising both Dragons Tripitaka then opened his palms, the sword breaking in different parts, folding and Bending the Jade and iron. Mei Awed in astonishment "and done" the monk smiled, holding the newly Forged Dragon blade, he then handed it to her.

"M-master...this is too much..."

"Nothings too much when it comes to my family" He smiled, Patting the young girl and Ao Lie. The two Dragons Shaked and Grinned, their Cheeks having a faint red. "Were gonna do our best Master!" Ao Lie Teared up, Hugging the monk and twirling him around.

"I-im gonna train harder! I'll surely make my family proud!"

Mei bursted in tears. So touched to what the monk just said that she hugged her new sword and then joining her grandfather who's also crying.

"U-um Guys you can let go now-"

"MASTER IM GONNA PROTECT YOU NO MATTER WHAT! EVEN IF I CHIPED MY SCALES!"

"I'LL CHERISH THIS SWORD MASTER!!"

The two cried, clinging to him and Rubbing their wet and Snotty faces on his Robe and Cheongsam. Tripitaka Sweatdropped and pat their backs.

G-guys Calm down...

[---○---]

"What in the world...."

Cracks....pure Cracks that's formed up the sky. It was sheer luck that they found it but now....the Emperor knew who made these "Sun Wukong? Sage are you around?!" He called, the king looking around the Area. He was able to bring Donghai outside the Palace walls. Safely of course.

"The sage did this! He's been Tearing through the memories searching-"

"For us...."

"....." if Sun Wukong was able to escape the Scrolls Warden (The Ink demon) then He's been Tearing through the sections. Searching and forcing his strength to Break the Boundaries of the scroll "curses...he's not here. He must be somewhere" the Emperor Grumbled, holding The young Girls hand again 'no...he's stubborn. The sage will do anything with his power to find us'.

"Donghai. Child you can bring us to the different section again right?"

"Uh-yeah! Well I'm not really sure since I still havent tried it yet..."

"Well...it's the only option. I still haven't regained my strength from the previous fight..."

He sighs, and Donghai Frowned. "I'll do it!" She nodded and the king looked at her "then I shall stay beside you. Take your time balancing your power" He nodded, letting the girl do her work, he stood. Guarding the young Cicada while she's casting her spell. Standing with his hand behind his back, his eyes looked up the skies once the Sun Cried Ink.

The sky turning Grey and dark, eerie whispers and cold winds brushing through their skin. Donghai stopped, Looking around but the King placed a hand on her shoulder "focus Child. I'll handle the rest" He said and took a stance once the Ink demon started to form.

Spreading that black wings and showing the sharp Spear, He Frowned to see an eagle. "Your majesty! Good to see you again!~" the Ink demon laughed, using a different person's voice. Emperor Xia Frowned, flicking his fingers a gold fire Spreads through his arms "I really thought I lost you ya know that right?~ You almost Destroyed one Section of the scroll!" He Grinned, Advancing the king Stomped his foot and the ground cracked, striking a strong impact a fire bursted on the ground and burned the Inks to ashes. Opening his palms He Blocked the Ink Demons Fist, immune to its Attempts of turning him in Ink He Blasted the Demon.

"Oh? So you're not afraid Burning down this whole world?'

"It's your memory~ you have special Things in here~"

"I do. But I'm not dwelling to the past for too long!" He may have Beautiful Memories that he remembered. His Allies and his people. Even if they were Manipulated by False Information and made them believe he was the Tyrant.

Even if he was Beheaded. He knew....he knew that his empire will not fall. Someday. A new king will Take over and Take those who accused him as a Monster.

Bending it's body, the Ink Demon grolwed. Advancing and Grabbing the Ruler the Demon slammed him down and Crushed his Crown "so that's it? You're gonna Destroy this World with THAT Fire?" The demon asked, slowly tightening his hold on the king. The Emperor chuckled and Glared.

"No....not now."

"What?-"

"I'm done!" The Demon jumped, his head snapping back to the young Girl. Donghai clasp her hands together, a bright Cicada seal lightening up the Dark world. Kicking the Demon The Emperor ran back to the child and Hold her hand firmly.

"I'm sorry if it took so long!"

"All is well Donghai. You did a very good job!"

The king Grinned, the Demon Sceeching in rage as it Crawled in inhumane way and Advancing to them. Showing its sharp claws and Glowing Blue eyes Donghai gasped, pushing the king Beside her as the barrier Circled around them and Pushed them out, sending them to a different Place once again.

"Ow!"

Donghai Hissed, hitting her butt on the ground. Again. She stood up, Rubbing her sore back and dusting off the dirt on her clothes, she then looked around the place.

Wait flower fruit mountain?

She's in the Flower fruit mountain again!!

"Uh-monkey king? Uncle Xia? Trip?"

She called, her voice echoing through The kings silent and lonely home. The moon too has risen, and the only light that's giving this place a sense of warmth is one single Lantern that's Placed on the Ground.

"You must've wished for everyone to be united again. If a person's wishes are powerful then it will take form."

"Yours Represents the lanterns"

"So....this place must be safe right?" She mumbled, Sighing as she picked up the lantern. Grabbing a stick and attaching it together, she Faintly smiled "Uncle Xia? Uncleeeee! Where are you?" She called again, walking inside the Kings large room that has a lot of junks too that's been piled up.

Some of these stuff must be Cursed....or Something.

Seriously how come Monkey king have so much Stuff and Cursed shit that could trouble the whole world? He could just hand them in to Nezha and maybe let him burn it in the trigram furnace oooooor just Ask the Jade Emperor To Pulverize it to smitherins so that no dumbass would do something bad to it.

"Well atleast he has a big ass room to Stuff all of these Cursed objects-"

"Who are you?"

Eh?

"You're not from here..."

Who's voice is that?

She turned around, raising her Lantern to see who's the Intruder. She almost Screeched in horror once she saw a large Figure, and that purple eyes glowing in the dark "u-um" Donghai Froze, Shaking and clenching the lantern tightly.

Holy shit did the Zoo lost their Rope?

Who the hell is this Lion?!

"Um uh-I'm Donghai!-uh-Mk and Mei's....Bestie?"

She Blurted, mentally face-palming once she said that and telling this Stranger the name of his two Idiots and also hers "wait-Mk and Mei?" The Lion Blinked walking a bit closer he then Crouched down to her level "Then Those younglings must've mention my name!" He Grinned, And her eyes twitched.

"The names Azure Lion!"

"Azure lion-oooooh you're the guy that helped my two friends?"

"Yup that's me!" He nod, crossing his arms with a huge smile "How did you come here? Flowerfruit mountain has a pretty dangerous road. You also need to cross the sea here" Azure Blinked, staring at her with those sharp eyes.

Donghai Sweatdropped.

"Actually I'm also trapped in the scroll" She said, and this made The Lion Gawk in suprise.

"Wait what?"

"Yeah it's true. Anyways You don't know about that since like-this is technically a memory"

Right and she's holding that Lantern the Emperor said. As long as there's a Cicada lantern it's a sign that she's in a safe and right path "yo bro are you okay? You gonna say something or no?" She exclaimed, seeing that the Azure Lion is silent.

"Um...kid you're not in the memory scroll anymore..."

"Hah?"

She blinked, and just like her Azure is Suprised too. He's still processing everything in his head.

"You're outside the scroll..."

[---○---]

Ya know I'm starting to get scared in this plan...

Three of them are just peacefully talking in their cell, not until the guards opened the cage and Tied them back again and dragged them outside the Castles Underground. Once outside The three was forced to kneel and Face the Wolf's Throne.

Mei doesn't really know what's gonna happen, she's getting nervous. She also noticed too her grandfather keeps on Glancing to the monk who seems calm "master" Ao Lie whispered, calling the monk Tripitaka Opened his eyes and smiled to the Dragon.

"You're scared? Don't worry I'm here"

"Thank you Long Ma. But....I'm not really afraid."

"Really?"

"Mmm" the monk Hummed, smilling as he pat Mei, reassuring her and stroking her dark locks.

"Ah, perfect"

Speak of the Devil.

Kui Mulang Looked down to the three. His eyes observing the two Dragons, and then to the monk "I can no longer lock you three up in my cells for too long" He said, voice deep Tripitaka Didn't Flinch at his sudden change of tone.

"What do you say?"

"I know you'll come to me first"

Hearing that from him, The Demon chuckled. With a raise of his hand Tripitaka Yelped once his body Levitated, pulling the monk close The Demon Smirked.

"That's because I'm afraid that spice in your Energy might vanish"

He Grinned, And The Monk Gasped once he felt a sudden pull in his chest. He swore it felt like ripping him appart "MASTER!" Mei Shouted, wiggling herself out, Ao Lie Growled. Creating a shock of green electricity and Flames he snapped the binds to pieces and grabbed Mei.

"Fools!"

"LET GO OF OUR MASTER!"

The Dragon Shouted, bursting and Bringing his true form, Mei Gasped and holds on tight once his grandfather Turned himself in his Dragon form.

"Child Hold on tight!"

"O-of course!"

Mei nodded, Summoning out her Sword. Ao Lie Moved through The Wolf's Throne Room, with his Dragon form he destroyed the pillars and throwed it to the Demon. Letting go of the Monk, Ao Lie then Caught him and placed him on top of his Head with Mei.

"Master!"

"Don't worry, just got my Robe Scratched!"

The monk Groaned, and Sits up properly. Growling Kui Mulang Didn't Backed down and revealed is wolf Form, Clawing through the ground he advanced again, seeing this Ao Lie Opened his Jaw and a Ball of fire Blasted accompanied by a Golden Sheild and a Cicada Seal. The seal grew bigger once it received a few blows from the Demon.

"Gggh!"

The monk Groaned, and Mei assisted from behind once the wind grew stronger "Dammit that furball pack a punch!" Mei Growled but Yelped once she almost let go.

"Master you must Let go! Another hit from him and you might Hurt yourself!"

The Dragon Shouted, Using his abilities to Push away the Demon from coming closer.

But he's stubborn. He's not running Away that easily, and besides if he's gonna stop then the shield will shatter and might blast the three of them like Ants.

N-no! Not yet!

The monk buckled up, raising his Staff higher the Cicada seal grew bigger and brighter, absorbing the hit from the Wolf Demon. His wrist Trembled, his palms Burning in sheer heat and his chest Clenching in pain. Mei Hugged the monk from behind, her eyes Glancing Back to the monk.

"Master! Let go!"

The Dragon Shouted, but Tripitaka is Stubborn. How could he just let go that easily? With That Demon rampaging? And also. If he were to let go of the Sheild and the Seal that's Taking the hits then the two will be in danger as well.

CRASH!!!

"A-AAARGH!!!"

"NO!"

Ao Lie Gasped, the sheild shattering to pieces. Mei Caught the Monk and immediately Her grandfather Circled around them and Protected them from the strong Shaterring pieces of the Sheild. A Shockwave Slicing the ceiling in half with a strong wind.

"Mei! Hop on and hold on tight!"

Ao Lie grabbed her, Putting her and his master behind his back he leaped up the sky with a green Flames. Escaping The Wolf Demons Territory. "Master! Uh-He's not okay!" Mei called, and Ao Lie lowered down as they landed far enough. Returning back to his Human form he caught the monk who's Pale and breathing heavily.

"Master....I told you to let go..."

"I-im sorry....I just can't."

He smiled weakly, but then he Groaned and Clutched his chest "god it felt like ripping my insides" Tripitaka Grumbled, holding Ao Lie's hand while Mei is patting his back, Seeing this Mei Frowned.

God she swore it looks familiar. The Monks feeling right now.

"I've gathered enough power....but-can we like.....rest?"

"Of course Master. Please just lay down...." Ao Lie Whispered but he stopped once a drop of water hit his nose and then, a heavy rain dropped on them. Mei has to carry Tripitaka behind, The three Taking a shelter on a large Tree.

"We should be safe here for now" Ao Lie smiled, removing his Green Fabric and Wrapping it around Mei's head, it's enough to cover the two actually. He doesn't need that now since he's a water Dragon himself. He can handle a heavy rain or the cold.

"Thanks..."

"Don't worry Mei. You guys are safe so long as I'm here" He Chuckled, his body glowing Neon green as he turned to his Dragon form again. Circling and covering the two to keep them warm and covered. He Nudged the young girl with his nose "Sleep. I'll watch over you and Master" his deep voice soothed her, her eyes Sparkling in admiration.

So cool....

Her grandfather....she only heard about him in stories and seen him in paintings. But....he's more than that.

"We Dragons Protect our family and friends, even if we chipped our scales or Loose our Claws."

"Always protect our family"

-The Golden Cicada Season 4

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

904K 41.4K 175
π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
513K 16.1K 74
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

108K 2.5K 40
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
189K 2.3K 31
"You ain't leaving until you suck my cock Y/n." he said with deep voice holding her hair tightly... ~𝒔𝒆𝒙 𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔 ~π’”π’Žπ’–π’• π’˜π’‚π’“π’π’Šπ’π’ˆ ~𝒆...