Dear you.

By EmilyWalker07

Theme of the book: Ceilings by Lizzy McAlpine BUT ITS NOT REAL, AND YOU DON'T EXIST, AND I CAN'T RECALL THE L... More

~

17 7 5
By EmilyWalker07

Blank thoughts, head numb as you sit in your bed. Tousled hair, drool on your lips and a big yawn that leaves your lips.

A big cat like stretch and you fall back onto the sheets. Your nose picks up the sweet aroma of pancakes and your stomach grumbles.

The door to your bedroom opens and you smile the biggest smile. He walks in the room with a tray in his hand, plated up with the most beautiful breakfast.

"Happy Anniversary, love"

Your stomach erupts into many butterflies, as your heart thumps so fast for the one standing infront of you.

The love in his eyes, the sweet smile and all the care and thought he put into each and everything he does. And it's all for you.

For us.

A happy squeal, followed by little taps across the floor boards and into your arms jumps your adorable little boy.

"Good morning ma!"

You heart filled with joy as you look at your child, blessed by the Gods above with the most precious smile. You pepper little kisses onto his face as you hold him close, your child nuzzling into your neck, arms wide with the tiniest of force to hug you back as firm as possible.

You hear the rustle of sheets and you look up to see your husband climbing onto the bed towards you, gathering both of his worlds into his arms, completing the bond of reassurance.

You remember, him standing at the alter with the most awestruck smile as he witnessed you walking down the aisle.

You remember, the shine in his eyes. The shine that made the stars in the sky embarrassed. You remember, your heart beating loudly as the church bells rang and the winds blew, followed by rain.

The most beautiful shower. Like a blessing from the Gods above. You really wished that it would rain today too, a sweet reminder of why this day was special.

He has planned it all and the giddy smile on his face makes you feel young again as your heart skips a beat.

You're dressed up into your favorite dress and you put in all the effort to look pretty for him. Yet, he walks behind you and places his arms around you shoulders and you lean against his strong chest.

"You look breathtaking as always."

He places a soft kiss on the crook of your neck and you feel safe on his arms. A warm and fuzzy feeling of comfort and peace.

You sit in the car with your baby boy in your lap giddy with joy as the sweet melody playing through the radio caresses your ears.

He takes your hand in his, in a firm hold and brings it to his lips as he places a sweet and gentle kiss onto your hand and looks into your eyes like you're his ruby.

His world.

His gaze burns your cheeks, as you shyly turn your attention towards your son.

The long drive on the empty street as the wind blew through your hair. Sunshine and pretty blue skies, white fluffy clouds that adorn the sky.

The cool wind and in the distance the breathtaking daisy field.

You turn to look at him and he simply smiles. Of course, even after all these years, he would remember that you loved daisies.

You feel yourself falling in love with the man all over again.

The car is parked and he opens the door for you, an arm outstretched, as you son immediately runs through the fields.

You place your hand into his and he helps you up. The door is closed and he leans you against the door, while your hands encircle around his neck and his arms around your waist pulling you in close.

You meet his gaze, as his body dips you in a bend and he looks at you like he is in love all over again.

"You make me fall in love at first sight everytime I see you."

You roll your eyes, but the blush adorned on your cheeks proves you wrong.

He leans down and meets your lips into a kiss.

A soft and slow kiss.

So pure and innocent.

Just like the day of your wedding, just like every other kiss that came after that.

He helps you up and grabs the picnic basket and blankets from the backseat. He walks towards you and he sees you sitting with your child near the pond as the little boy splashes around.

After laying the picnic set, he slowly walks towards you. The rustle of the leaves coming closer makes you turn to look at your husband cuffing his pants to sit with you.

He notices the daisies in your hands.

"Do you still remember to braid the flower crowns?"

You hum and smile,

You remember, you're in your parents cottage, still a young teen and he rides his cycle all the way to your house. You're overjoyed as you show your creation to him. He looks amazed at the flower crown in your hand and then is caught surprised as you place it on his head.

The picture was still in your vanity drawer. A very dear possession.

The flower crowns are completed. This time, there's an extra flower crown for your son.

A picture was taken, followed by many more.

Your child splashing in the pond, with the most bright smile that would make the sun jealous.

The blue lovebirds twittering around the trees.

The butterflies around the flowers.

Your husband laying the picnic spread.

Your husband catching you red-handed as you shamelessly click three more pictures of him on your Polaroid.

You, looking at your son with a smile in the pond.

You, looking in the distance, the wind tussling your hair as the flower crown remains firm on your head.

The soft blush on your cheeks caused by the cool wind.

Lunch was prepared by your husband. The creamy pasta followed by the pizza, which your son also helped with.

You look at your world as you feel complete. You had them. You were complete, there was nothing else you wanted.

Running around with your child, made him exhausted. He let's out a big yawn and walks up to you as his little fist rubs his eye.

He walks into your arms and rests there. His head on your chest as you sit in front of your husband, his strong arms holding both of you.

Soft snores soon make your ears and you look at your son with a soft smile. You turn to look at your husband, who looks from over your shoulder with a fond smile on his face.

He gets up and gently cradles the little boy in his arms. Gently swaying and humming a tune as he walks towards the car.

You smile at the sight and you pick up your Polaroid, snapping the moment while it existed.

It was only then that you realised that the sun was setting, turning the sky a shade of orange.

With the dark clouds.

He walks up to you after laying the little boy in the car, in the comfort of his blanket and favorite plush.

"It's time to go."

You sigh, but give him a fond smile. Nodding, you outstretch your hand and he gently lifts you up to your feet.

After packing up and cleaning, the clouds darken making you look up at the sky.

The beautiful orange and grey.

And then you feel it.

A drop.

Followed by two drops, and then a shower.

You stop your husband and look at him. While he looks at the sky with the same entranced look.

He smiles at you and it reminds you of your wedding.

Right outside the church, he makes his way to you with a fond smile, full of love, full of adoration.

That it makes your heart skip beats.

Just like right now,

The cool wind blows around and you feel yourself getting soaked in the rain, but all that mattered was him, making his way to you.

"Shall we?"

And you smile and take his hand and run through the field, in the middle.

He pulls you back and you bump into his chest. Your hand laid over his shoulder and a hand enclasped in his.

Slow turns and twirls as the wind blows around, but you're not cold. He is there right next to you, providing you with comfort and warmth.

The sky is clearing up, and there is bright sun rays passing through the dark clouds. It gives the entire place an ethereal look.

Laughter and giggles fill the air. The leaves are flying in the wind and the shower reminds you of your wedding day.

The Gods above were blessing you once again.

You look at him,

"Happy Anniversary, love.
I love you forever and always."

And you watch,

The sky clears up and the shower reduces to small pitter patters.

His smile turns into a smile of sadness and you find yourself searching in his eyes for the cause of this sadness.

The sorrow, longing in eyes moves something within your body as you feel your heart drop.

"You need to let go,"

Your smile fades, a hand clutching your heart as you look at him.

"W-what do you mean?"

His eyes well up with unshed tears.

And you realize

That all this is not real,

And he doesn't exist,

And you couldn't recall the last time you were kissed.

It hits you,

you're in the car

And all this was an end of a book that you've read before.

Before.

You let out a chocked sob and let go of the breaks to your car, for the traffic light had turned green. You car moving forward with the traffic.

I hope y'all liked this one shot, I thought of giving yall something to read while I continued writing my other book,

Music to the soul.

Thank you all so much for being there for me.

I wanna thank my amazing soulmate snow_hashira_

Thank you for being there through my ups and downs.

This one shot is not dedicated to anybody, it's just something I want in my life someday.

Not right now tho💀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 292K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
2M 112K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
53.1M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
4.1M 170K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...