The One That Got Away | Johnn...

Por iluvwritingforya

This is basically The Outsiders movie but with you inserted into it. You're a cheery but tuff looking greaser... Mais

Introduction
Chapter 1 | Beware the Soc's
Chapter 2 | Trouble In The City
Chapter 3 | Pony's Second Movie
Chapter 4 | A Couple of Runaways
Chapter 5 | The Reason Why
Chapter 6 | Getaways
Chapter 7 | New Beginnings
Chapter 8 | Special Visitor
Chapter 9 | Stop, Drop, and Roll
Chapter 10 | Reunited
Chapter 11 | Not So Different
Chapter 12 | Get Well Soon
Chapter 14 | Ready to Rumble
Chapter 15 | The End of Our Era
Chapter 16 | Can't I Catch A Break?
Chapter 17 | Fever Dream
Chapter 18 | Hearing and Listening Part 1.
Chapter 19 | Hearing and Listening Part. 2
All's Well That Ends Well (Bonus Chapter)

Chapter 13 | Make Amends

739 8 11
Por iluvwritingforya

"What?" Pony simply asked still reopening the pack. 

"I said hand me a cigarette Pon." You said like you had no control of what you were talking about.

"Don't worry, she won't do it." Twobit whispered under his breath as Pony handed you a cigarette, sounding a bit worried if anything. You knew the boys were watching like they're eyes were glued to you as you flipped out a lighter from your pocket. The only reason you had one was for protection, never a smoke.

They watched as you flipped out your lighter with a snap, lit your cigarette, and took a long drag on it. Yup, still disgusting. You knew it was because one time you mother had left hers lying on a counter once when you were seven, and you were mighty curious. You had never coughed so much in your entire life. And in school you learned the consequences of smoking so you promised to never break that promise. Until today. Where you exhaled smoke from your mouth.

 You looked at Twobit who seemed somewhat disturbed. 

You looked over at Ponyboy who was squinting his eyes as if he was trying to read you. He knew why you were doing this though, Ponyboy knows everything about you.

You looked over at Dally. He always teased you and said the day you finally had one he'd be proud. But right now he didn't seem all too pleased. No one should. It was all too depressing. You looked at Dally still, you could see the gears turning in his head before he opened his mouth to speak, "How is he? How's Johnny doing man?" Dally finally asked.

You took another drag (still gross) and looked down, trying to hide the very visible frown forming on your face. Johnny has just passed out of exhaustion in front of your eyes all because he jumped into a burning church to save some kids from burning alive. Maybe the cigarette was soothing you a lot more because by now you would've been hyperventilating.

"Look Dal I don't know about stuff like this but uh...he wasn't looking too well man." Twobit said as you and Pony looked at each other. Johnny was your best friend, the guy that kept you and Ponyboy together without you even being aware of it. Dally didn't look to happy. He whispered curses under his breath as he laid back down on his bed.

"Still got that knife Twobit?" Dally asked him. Twobit seemed confused but pulled out his 10 inch switchblade. Twobit's most prized possession, his pride and joy. But he'd give it to Dally, he was practically the reason he had it. 

Two handed him the balde as Dally turned around with it. You had to admit, you were terrified of what he was gonna do. With Dally there is is no limit. "We gotta get EVEN with those Socs man." Dally raised his voice before quickly stabbing his pillow. You all watched and listened. 

"Let's do it for Johnny man. For Johnny!"

... 

You sat next to Pony on the bench while Twobit stood up. You were waiting for a bus.  

You sighed and leaned your head on Ponyboy who stopped moving so you could get comfortable. You had noticed before you did that Ponyboy looked a little pale. A little sick even. 

"You ok Pony?" Twobit said placing his hand on Pony's head checking for his temperature almost as if he'd read your thoughts, "Boy you feel kind of warm." 

"I'm fine. Just be a pal and don't Darry ok?" Pony replied adjusting you to his liking. "I'll just take a bunch of asprins when I get home." He continued. 

"Alright but Darry will kill me if he finds out that I went ahead and let you fight anyway." 

"Then keep your trap shut and don't tell him." Pony clearly wasn't feeling bad enough to let go of that sour mouth. 

Once the bus arrived you three sat together. "Tonight...I don't like it one bit. Something awful s'gonna happen." Pony said as Two stared at him. "I'm glad you know it Ponyboy." You replied.

Once you guys had been dropped off you made your hike towards field. That night you guys had planned to meet up with Cherry Valence. Well actually only Pony and Twobit had planned to meet up with Cherry but they'd managed to drag you along.

You huffed as you kicked little rocks and pebbles that were in your way. One smacked Ponyboy on the back of his leg. "Ow! Damn it Y/N." Pony said glaring back at you a bit. "Sorry Pony." You said almost sarcastically continuing to kick rocks before one hit him again. 

"The hell is wrong with you huh Y/N?" Pony said stopping in his tracks. You shrugged, "Is it something to do with Cherry? Why do ya hate her so much huh?" He asked also stopping you in your tracks. How'd he know? Well not really, you didn't hate Cherry just strongly disliked her.

Before you could respond to Ponyboy a car pulled up in front of you three of you as if you were saved by the bell. Unfortunately that bell was Cherry Valence. 

Sh exited her bright red Mustang as she approached you, "Hey Pony! Y/N and Twobit!" She said as the boys waved and you stayed silent. 

"What's up with the big times?" Two asked her, referencing the Socs. 

"Um, no weapons. They play your way, it's a fair deal." Cherry replied. 

"You sure about that?" Pony asked her. "Uh...well Randy told me. He knows for sure." She replied as Two nodded. Twobit looked back at you who was facing towards the founded kicking rocks, "Good deal. Thanks Cherry, seeya around." Two said beginning to walk away as you and Pony followed.

"Ponyboy wait a minute!" Cherry said after not even getting 10 steps away as Pony turned back around , "I want to talk to you." You rolled your eyes and kept walking with Twobit as Ponyboy walked back to Cherry. "Wait! I want to talk to you too Y/N!" Cherry said as you stopped, looked at Twobit who had just shrugged, as you walked back over to Cherry. 

"So, how's Johnny doing?" Cherry asked as you blankly stared at her. Pony figured you wouldn't talk to her, especially about Johnny so he spoke for you. "Not so good. Would you come and see him?" Pony asked her as you almost physically groaned out loud. It's like Pony stopped knowing you all of a sudden, because he knows good and well you don't want her to go see Johnny. Or maybe he was just ignoring your feelings and how you felt this time. 

It angered you. You almost wanted to speak for her but before you could she responded, "I couldn't." Cherry shook her head as you and Pony cocked an eyebrow. "Why not?" Pony asked. "He killed Bob. And maybe Bob asked for it... I know he did but you don't know the other side of him. Sure he fought but he could be real sweet at times you know? Bob had something that made him different...made people follow him. Maybe a little better than the crowd, you know what I mean?" She told him. 

You looked over at Ponyboy. You could read his face and he was mad. Pissed off. Furious even. Maybe now you realized how important Cherry was to him. "Yea well that's ok I wouldn't want you to go see him anyways. We don't need your damn charity." He said beginning to walk away as you and Cherry stood in silence. 

You began to follow after him before Cherry shouted, "Ponyboy! I wasn't trying to give you charity!" She shouted. She had this confused, angry, and sad expression on her face. You'd been feeling like that all week. 

Ponyboy turned back around to face her. "I only wanted to help! I liked you from the start Ponyboy." Cherry started. You rolled your eyes at the way Cherry talked to him and the way Ponyboy looked when he listened and how he latched onto her every word. "The way you talked. Wouldn't you try to help me if you could?" She asked him as he stared. 

Pony looked at her real good before speaking again, "Can you see the sun from the Southside very good?" Pony asked her smiling as you frowned. 

"Yeah real good." She replied.

"You can see it real good from the Northside too." He said as she gave him a warm smile back. "Thanks Ponyboy."

"You dig real good." Pony said as you and him almost took off again. "Wait! One last time..." Cherry chuckled as you sighed and walked back. You waited for her to speak to Ponyboy but she looked at you instead, "Hey Y/N...I know this might sound weird and it's awkward enough as it is to ask this but, do you hate me?" 

"W-what? Where did you ever...get that from?" You began to stammer ash she chuckled a little. "Oh nothing it just seems like every time I come along you seem upset. I mean we used to get along real well...till..." 

"Till I got kicked off the cheer team." You finished and scoffed. Cherry nodded awkwardly, "I just want us to get along again. We don't have to be friends! I just want to know why you don't like me?" She asked as you sighed. You looked around you, the sunset, the kids playing in the grass, Ponyboy staring at you and waiting for a response as well. Your eyes swelled a little as you sniffled a little bit.

"Y/N I didn't mean to make you cry I swear I didn-" 

"No it's fine. There's just a lot going on right now maybe that's it. Since schools started I've really just had a lot of problems that I guess I sort of bottle up. And seeing you getting along with my gang so quickly and easily kind of bothered me. And all this emotional sh*t really gets to me and messes with my head I guess." You said chuckling through tears. Cherry gave a sort of warm smile at you, "I'm sorry Y/N." She said. "No need to be. I'm sorry too. Really, I am if I made you feel that way." You finished as you inhaled and looked at the scenery around you. Johnny's in the hospital, Dally's in the hospital, neglectful family. Unwanted and mixed emotions swelled in you and you just wanted out.

"Glad that's discussed now we should really be heading home. I'm going to need some sleep before we head to this rumble." You chuckled wiping your eyes.

"Oh? Your going to be in the rumble?" Cherry asked asked cocking a brow. 

You shrugged, "Not unless I'm needed. I'm just preparing for the mentally tiring part of this rumble." You joked as you all laughed.

"Well come on then Y/N, we gotta catch up with Twobit." Pony running off said as you quickly followed after him and Cherry took off in her bright red Mustang. 

"Tough." You whispered to yourself quietly, smiling to yourself just a bit.

Continuar a ler

Tambรฉm vai Gostar

21.8K 502 10
What happens when a beaten up Mysterion, stumbles into Butters' arms? Read [Secret] to find out x3 _________________________________________ Sorry if...
1.7M 95K 87
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
19.8K 282 19
(COMPLETE) "๐™Ž๐™๐™š ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ค๐™ ๐™จ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™œ๐™," ๐˜ฝ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ž๐™จ ๐™จ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™จ. "๐™Ž๐™๐™š'๐™จ ๐™–๐™ก๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™จ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ก๐™ฎ," ๐™๐™๐™š๐™ค ๐™ง๐™š๐™ฅ๐™ก๐™ž๐™š๐™จ, ๐™—๐™ก๐™ช...
25.9K 302 9
This is based on season 3.