Wordless

بواسطة wintersandfall

To avenge her family , he ruined her . To win her heart , he ruined himself. *********************** Alihan... المزيد

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 20

681 34 34
بواسطة wintersandfall

Dear readers,
Its a long chapter. I hope you will like it. Please let me know in comments and don't forgot to leave a vote as you finish reading.

Author's POV

A deep frown was etched on her face as she clutched the duvet in her fists. Beads of sweat formed on her forehead, and her lips trembled slightly as she let out a low yet painful cry. Her eyes were tightly shut, and her whole body shook. She struggled in her sleep, trying to wake up, but it felt out of her control.

''Mama... Please, don't let me go!''
She cried. Hot tears slipped from the corners of her closed eyes, and her breath shallow.

''Papa, don't send me away...''
she pleaded. More tears rolled down, and her body was drenched in sweat despite the cold temperature of the winter night.

''No... Please...''
she cried out loud before her eyes jerked open. She felt her surroundings were unfamiliar and enveloped in darkness. She tried to sit up hurriedly, searching for the side lamp with her trembling hands.

Her red, puffy eyes were desperate to find light, her breathing uneven yet heavy. As soon as her hand reached the switch, she pushed the lamp on. Her disheveled state was illuminated in the soft glow of the night lamp on her bedside. She looked around, unsure of her movements, her heart beating at a high pace. She realized she was in her room. A sob escaped her lips as she realized she was exactly where she had been dreading going in her nightmare just a few moments ago, in Alihan's house.

She brought her knees to her chest and buried her face in her hands as she cried with loud sobs. Each sob shook her body, and the sound of her heart-wrenching sobs filled the room. Her heart sank with each moment, realizing how far she was from home. She missed her parents, her brothers. She missed everyone at home. She missed her childhood, all the sweet and sad moments she had spent with her family. Right now, she wanted nothing more than to be in her mother's embrace. Her warmth was the only thing that could bring peace to her soul.

Then something clicked in her mind, and her tears came to a halt. She harshly wiped her face with the back of her hands and stubbornly shook her head to prevent more tears from escaping her eyes. It was as if she was trying to convince herself not to cry over the people who had treated her as if she were merely a material possession.

They had used her for their own advantage. She understood that they were also in a difficult situation, but was this the right way to handle it? Were they justified in sacrificing her life, happiness, and safety in exchange for the safety of that child and Hamza? She refused to believe that they couldn't come up with a solution that didn't involve using her as bait.

In that very moment, she realized how little she meant to them. They didn't even ask; they simply told her that she was going to marry a stranger that night, a person who held their baby grandson hostage and targeted their son. But what about her? If they considered him to be such a cruel person, how could they let him take her away? Why did they agree to this deal? Wasn't she also a family to them? Wasn't she the same daughter they had vowed to protect with their lives? But it was all a lie, a big, fat lie. She was just a useless member of the family they decided to trade away as soon as they had the chance.

These thoughts flooded her mind, and despite her resistance, tears of betrayal streamed down her cheeks. Her heart ached at the betrayal from her most beloved relations. It was worse than a nightmare. She was tired now, tired of pretending she didn't care, tired of trying to push through each day. She knew she wasn't that strong. She could pretend, but deep down, she knew she wasn't.

Amidst the storm in her head, she remembered something, and her heart dropped to her stomach as his face flashed before her eyes. A thought lingered in the back of her mind, and she found herself questioning:

"Does Hassan know?"

**************************

Alihan's face was graced with a smile as he looked out of the window. In the distance, birds chirped and the soft sound of leaves rustling soothed him. It was a beautiful morning, and a new day had brought with it new hope , hope that perhaps today she would see him with some softness in her eyes, hope that his prayers would be answered, hope that a spark of love would be ignited somewhere in the corner of her heart.

He stepped into his shoes and walked out of the room. It was Sunday, which meant no office for either of them. He was looking forward to spending even a few fleeting moments with her.

As he reached the dining hall, he found Amma Bi greeting him. He took his usual seat at the table, and the maids began to serve him, but his eyes were searching for her. He looked at Amma Bi, who understood his silent question and the restlessness in his eyes.

"I went to call her for breakfast, she is sleeping." 

she informed him, and his heart sank, realizing he wouldn't have breakfast with her again. Nodding at her, he turned his attention to the possibility that she must be tired after working the whole week and needed rest. Nothing mattered more than her comfort and well-being, not even his aching, restless heart.

 After he finished breakfast, he left to take a walk in the garden. The memory from the day before yesterday was fresh in his mind when she told him she would get a new vase. True to her words, he found the same showpiece in the foyer the next day. If he was honest with himself, he knew he was hurt by her distant and cold behavior. But no matter what, he could never blame her. Each of her actions was justified. He had hurt her a lot, and he deserved every bit of that pain.

His mind wandered back to Raya as he watched the flowers she had planted with her own hands two summers ago when she visited. He was angry with her, but the brother in him missed her more than words could describe. She was his baby sister whom he loved dearly. Growing up, they had always been very close to each other, and their bond was beautiful. When their mother died, she fell apart. She was just eleven. He became her rock, not just her brother. He almost placed himself in the role where he could offer her the love and care of a mother. With their father always busy with work, many heavy responsibilities fell on his fragile shoulders. He was just a teenager who was forced by destiny to grow up before his time.

With his father's almost unrealistic expectations of him, his mother's dreams and hopes of his sister, he carried the weight of it all. Like any average sixteen-year-old, he had his own dreams, which he shattered with his own hands. He did everything in his power to be the best son and brother, the son his father could proudly claim as his heir at business parties, the brother his sister could rely on in tough situations, and the son his mother could look down from heaven and smile upon with pride. He did achieve all of that, but somewhere along the way, he forgot what it felt like to have vibrant colors in his own life. His personal wishes got lost, and he stopped asking for anything for himself.

But he failed, he ultimately failed.

He failed as a son when he witnessed his father's brokenness on the day he took his last breath. He failed as a brother when Raya didn't turn to him to share her pain and troubles. And he failed as a human being when he used Anna as a pawn, hurting that innocent girl merely to satisfy his ego and feed his hunger for revenge. Ironically, after years, when he wished for something for himself for the first time, it was the same girl, the same innocent girl who was meant to be nothing more than a bait. Yet she became his wish and prayer. This time, he was asking for her for himself, solely for himself, but did he deserve it?

Deep down in his heart, he knew he didn't. However, day by day, he was becoming increasingly selfish. The mere thought of letting her go terrified him to the core, even though her happiness depended on it. Yet, he couldn't bring himself to accept that one day he would need to free her from the shackles of his revenge game, which had transformed into something pure and beautiful, his intense love. He wasn't ready to lose her in any way. 

**************************

With the setting sun, the daylight began to fade, and he had not caught a glimpse of her since he opened his eyes this morning. She skipped lunch too; according to Amma Bi, she was still sleeping. Lines of concern became visible on his forehead as he placed his head in both hands and took a deep breath to calm himself down. He was now a little too worried.

He got up from the edge of the bed and began to pace back and forth in his room, feeling restlessness rising in his heart. He needed to see her; he had to, or he would not be at peace otherwise.

Wanting to check on her himself, he left his room and briskly descended the staircase. His heart thumped heavily as he approached her door. He knocked once, twice, thrice, but there was no answer.

"Anna."

He gently called out her name loud enough to reach the other side of the door, but he was met with only silence.
A deep frown etched on his face, and his restlessness took the form of anxiety that was steadily turning into panic as he knocked again and she didn't answer nor show any signs that she could hear him.

His gaze fell upon the doorknob, and he decided to utilize the spare keys to unlock it. However, as his hand touched the cold steel, the door swung open on its own accord.
Without a moment's hesitation, he stepped inside the room, only to find it empty. The bed was neatly made, indicating that she had tidied up before leaving. A sigh of relief escaped his lips, but his attention shifted towards the bathroom door, hoping to find her there.
After a few moments of silence, he checked the door, finding it unlocked and the interior vacant.

Attempting to maintain a positive mindset, he reassured himself that she might be in the kitchen with Amma Bi or in another room. Exiting her room, he briskly made his way towards the kitchen.

"Beta, do you need something?"

Amma Bi inquired as her gaze met his. He glanced behind her, scanning the entire area in search of her, but she was nowhere to be found.

"Amma Bi, where is Anna? She isn't in her room. Have you seen her?"

His voice quivered with concern and impatience, desperately awaiting her to show up in front of him.

"No, she hasn't come here. I haven't seen her anywhere else either."

She replied before turning to the other house helps and inquiring if any of them had seen her. They all shook their heads negatively, causing Alihan's heart to quicken with worry.

"Search for her! Check each room and all the floors!"

He ordered, rushing towards the front door. He approached a group of gardeners who were engrossed in their work, but none of them had caught a glimpse of her. His panic escalated as he nervously made his way towards the main gates.

Before he could question anyone else, a maid came running towards him, causing him to come to a sudden stop as she reached him.

"Sir, she is nowhere in the house."
she informed him in her breathless voice, a result of her hurried run.

"Galib, Anna is missing from the house. Take the bodyguards with you and search for her around the estate."

As Galib's car entered through the main gates, he swiftly exited, noticing the deep concern etched on Alihan's face.

"Sir, the back door in the garden was left open. It seems like someone may have escaped from there."

One of his men informed, and Alihan cursed under his breath.
It was a painful repetition of history. She had done it before. How could he be so foolish to think that she wouldn't attempt to escape again? The occasional friendly interactions between them didn't mean that Anna had accepted a life in this house.
He had woven countless dreams based on those fleeting moments, and the possibility of her escape had slipped his mind entirely.

"If any of you find her, do not touch her at all. I will break your hands if any of you even touch a strand of my wife's hair. Understood?"

He roared, feeling a surge of anger recalling past events when one of his men had hit her. The mere thought of it repeating was unbearable to him.

They all nodded before leaving, and Galib hurriedly led them. Alihan's heart thumped at an irregular pace, his mind consumed by the worst possible scenarios. He reached for his phone and dialed Anna's number, only for it to go straight to voicemail.

"Please, Anna, wherever you are, stay safe."

He pleaded, his voice barely a whisper.

The next number he dialed was Faiz's, who picked up on the first ring.

''Faiz, is Anna with Samara?''

He asked, getting straight to the point. The urgency mixed with fear was evident in his voice.

"No, Anna is not here. Samara is with me. What happened? You sound panicked."

Faiz replied, his face showing a mixture of worry and confusion. Samara rushed towards him and snatched the phone from her husband.

''Alihan, where is she? What happened to her? Is she okay?''

Samara's voice echoed with concern and desperation from the other end of the phone. Alihan almost flinched upon hearing her yelling, quickly moving the phone slightly away from his ear to protect his eardrums before responding.

''I'll make sure she's okay. I will find her.''

He assured himself more than her before hanging up, leaving both Samara and Faiz confused and worried.

Alihan hurried in the direction of the back door, the likely route Anna had taken to escape. His men followed closely behind. With each passing second, his anxiety intensified. He took large strides along the pathway covered in a thick layer of fallen leaves, the sound of crunching leaves filling the air with each step. The surroundings began to fade into the darkness of the night, and panic tightened its grip on his heart. He had to find her soon.

He had warned her before that this place was not safe. The nearest neighborhood was miles away. His mind was flooded with wild scenarios, and he felt utterly helpless. His lips silently recited prayers for her safety and well-being.

From one path to another, he searched desperately for her, his eyes scanning every corner in a desperate attempt to catch a glimpse. His heart weighed heavy with anxiety and fear, unaffected by the growing chill in the air. Beads of sweat formed on his forehead, even as the surroundings grew colder.

Each passing minute felt like an eternity as uncertainty and terror consumed his mind. He shook his head, refusing to surrender to despair. He knew he had to find her.

Tears welled in his eyes, blurring his vision as he continued to call out her name, each time he was met with only silence in response. 

"Mere jaan, please call me. Please be alright."

(My love.)

He pleaded in a whisper, a tear escaping and tracing a path down his cheek. He looked around in every direction, feeling lost and helpless. Somewhere within, he blamed himself.

If only he had allowed her to leave, she wouldn't have had to put her life in danger and run away like this. If only she had come to him, asking to be set free, would he have let her go? Maybe he would have, maybe he wouldn't have.
He loved her too much to let her go, but he never wanted to risk her life like this.

As the first stars began to twinkle in the darkening sky, a sense of desperation washed over him. Fear and worry intertwined, painting a haunting picture of unimaginable scenarios in his mind.
The mere thought of her being lost, hurt, or in danger paralyzed him, leaving him with an overwhelming feeling of helplessness. His legs grew weak, and he finally sank to his knees on the pathway leading to the dense forest.
More tears pooled in his eyes as he reached his breaking point, unable to bear the weight of his helplessness any longer.

His hands clenched into fists as he looked up at the sky, seeking any sign from Allah Almighty regarding her whereabouts. The forest enveloped him in silence, as if it understood his pain. His men exchanged concerned glances as they stood behind him, taken aback by sight of the man who was usually composed but now looked shattered and helpless. They had never witnessed him in such a state, even in the most dire circumstances. Yet here he was, on his knees, praying for the woman he loved with everything within him, tears streaming down his face.

Love could either be your greatest strength or your biggest weakness, and for him, it had proven to be his greatest weakness.

He was a firm believer, always had been. His Allah Almighty had never left him alone, never let him endure pain for too long. He never burdens a soul beyond it can bear. And at this very moment Alihan's prayer was answered in a form of a memory, echoing in his mind.

'Whose treehouse is that?'

Her voice ringed in his ears, and realization struck him like a bolt of lightning. How could he have forgotten? Hastily, he rose to his feet, turning around swiftly to dash back towards the house as if his very survival depended on it, which, in fact, it did.

''Amma Bi, Amma Bi!''
He called out as soon as he spotted her in the garden, likely waiting for any news about Anna.

"Did you give Anna the keys to the treehouse?"

His voice dripped with desperation and urgency, causing Amma Bi to pause and process his words.

"Yes, yes, how could I forget to tell you. She took the keys from me a few days ago."
she replied, placing a hand on her forehead, blaming herself for not informing him earlier.

As soon as he heard those words, he raced towards the treehouse with the speed of light. In this moment, nothing else mattered to him. His heart was consumed with prayers for her to be there, safe and sound.

The mist from the forest enveloped him, carrying the coldness of the night. He pushed through the dense branches, finding himself amidst towering trees. His steps never faltered as he made his way towards the large oak tree where he had built the treehouse several years ago.

His eyes filled with a mix of hope and desperation as the treehouse came into his view. His heart pounded in his chest, its sound echoing in his ears. With each step, his anticipation grew.

He wasted no time and began to make his way up to the treehouse, his heart pounding louder with every stride. The wooden steps creaked under his weight as he climbed up, taking them two at a time. He sent one more prayer in his heart, hoping that she would be inside, before he pushed open the door with trembling hands.

His racing heart skipped a beat as he took in the scene before him. There she was, seated comfortably on a cozy couch, wrapped in a blanket, a book in her hands. Completely engrossed in her reading, she hadn't noticed his presence. A sense of serenity radiated from her face, and it felt as though the weight of the world had been lifted from his shoulders.

A breath he didn't even realize he had been holding escaped his lips. In that moment, he realized the depth of what she had become to him. He wouldn't survive if he failed to find her or if any harm came to her. It felt as if he had finally returned home after a long, exhausting journey. Every pore of his body found peace upon seeing her. His eyes, which had desperately searched for her, now glistened with unshed tears.

Anna finally noticed his presence, and her eyes widened in surprise.

"Oh, hi! I hope you don't mind me coming here and reading your book."

She said with an awkward smile. Even though he had allowed her that day, a part of her felt it was impolite not to have asked him beforehand.

"I love your collection, by the way. I didn't imagine you'd be a Stephen King fan. I like—"

She abruptly stopped babbling, sensing the tension in the air.

Her gaze shifted to his face, and she became increasingly nervous. Setting the book aside, she got up from the couch. His disheveled appearance and bloodshot eyes confused her.

A frown appeared on her face as she furrowed her eyebrows, studying him. His hair, usually neatly gelled, was now tousled by the wind, and there were traces of dirt smudged across his white button-down shirt. His sleeves rolled up and his shoes covered in mud and dirt .
Her eyes travelled down from his veiny forearms to his hands clenched in fits. 

Wait, why isn't he wearing a coat? - she wondered, growing more perplexed.

His eyes were red, reflecting weariness and a mix of unreadable emotions.

The intensity in his gaze seemed to pierce through her soul as he continued to look at her, his jaw clenched. It sent shivers down her spine. He appeared as though he had been on a mission, and despite her confusion, his undeniable handsomeness made her gulp before she averted her eyes, unable to hold his gaze any longer.

"What were you thinking before disappearing like this!"

He voice thick with emotions as he snapped.

His sudden outburst caught her off guard, causing her to jump in her place. She flinched again as he took a few steps towards her.

He had never raised his voice at her before. And now, being the recipient of his anger, she felt a pang in her heart, tears gathered in her eyes. She was not used to of someone yelling at her, especially not the man she had unconsciously begun to trust.

Yet, as she dared to look up at him once more, her breath hitched to see a broken expression on his face. He appeared tired and lost. The helplessness in his eyes became evident to her.

His gaze softened as he noticed tears pooling in her eyes.

He hadn't intended to snap at her, but the sheer fear of losing her had overwhelmed him. He felt like a monster once again when she flinched. Fear was the last thing he wanted to see in her eyes for him.

"I...I was..."
she began in a soft, trembling voice, but her words trailed off, not knowing what to say exactly.

Overwhelmed by a whirlwind of emotions, he found himself consumed by an indescribable force. With long strides he reached her and closed the distance between them, wrapping his arms around her, he took her in a protective embrace.
It was as if he wanted to shield her from the entire world, shield her from all harm, even from himself and his own anger.

Caught off guard by this sudden action, she stood frozen, her heart pounding in her chest as she found herself nestled in his arms. He placed one hand gently on her head and the other on her back, pressing her closer to his chest.

A few tears escaped his eyes as he buried his face in the curve of her neck, as his tears made contact with her skin, in that moment, she forgot to breathe.

He held her tighter, as if clinging to her for dear life, as if his existence depended on it. Time seemed to slow down, and the rest of the world faded away, the tension in the room now replaced by peace.

 In her form, Alihan discovered the missing piece that completed him. She alone was enough for him, he needed nothing else, and in that very moment, he realized that her presence was his ultimate source of peace, without her he was no one and nothing now. 

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

324K 10.2K 42
WARNING: THIS BOOK NEEDS MAJOR EDITING (Book I in broken series) "What are you doing on my bed? Get down right now." He growled. i got startled and...
1.2M 57.9K 59
𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔; It started with his love. Will it end with...
47.3K 2.9K 26
His foot steps fell near the bed as he pulled out a velvet box from his Kameez pocket. Twisting it in his hand, his lips formed into a sneer as he th...
1.3M 73.3K 65
#3 in Pakistan ( 4-1-2021) #1 in Pakistan (19-1-2021) What will happen when two opposite souls are betrothed to each other? *But both are stubborn...