Broken yet Beautiful (Complet...

By AngelTweet

'I hope for us.' 'This hope gives me strength to breath.' 'Strength to fight with our odds.' 'One day to wi... More

Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Epilogue

Chapter - 27

14.3K 933 104
By AngelTweet

Neil came back to his room to freshen up. He was moving robotically, but his mind and heart were occupied by only one name, 'Myra.'

He could not understand peace in his heart. Last night's moments were replaying in front of his eyes, a lot happened in one evening.

First he got to know about his nightingale, he heard her singing his favourite song for the first time, then her outburst, her vulnerable state and she blurting out the deepest secret of her life.

'Did she love me all these years?'

He remembered the day when he saw her for the first time at dinner when Meera had invited him to introduce her sister. He had seen her eyes, even after two long years he could never forget those widely opened eyes filled with unshed tears.

It was a flicker of a moment they had shared an eye lock but it had churned his entire existence. He never accepted but he had fallen in love with her eyes... her eyes were filled with pain, innocence, loneliness yet he could feel unusual warmth in them.

'So are you a medical student?' He had asked after Meera's introduction. 'That's so commendable. Medicine is too hard.' He wanted to hear her voice.

"Hmm" she had just hummed digging her head in her pasta plate. She did not even raise her head to stare back in his intense eyes. Her hands were shivering, she was shaking and was trying hard to control her broken heart.

He was concerned about her state, for the first time he was annoyed over Meera hearing her curt comments over her sister.

But today, he was cursing himself for ignoring whispers of his heart. Finally he came to the conclusion, he should have listened to his heart, if he had listened then maybe both of their lives would have been full of happiness.

'But better late than never.' it was a whisper again from his heart which brought a small smile on his face.

He came outside, his eyes roamed over the living area, except kitchen helpers and cleaning staff there was no one. He asked all of them to leave for the day. He had decided to have alone time with his two precious.

Myra was still on bed holding Neev in her motherly embrace. Her heart was thumping with marathon speed inside her ribcage. The way he cared for her last night, the way he pulled her securely in his embrace and she let her guards fall down in front of him brought a small smile on her face. She could not believe she spent an entire night in his embrace, a dream which she had hoped from the day she understood what love was all about. She lived that dream last night; just a thought reddened her cheeks leaving them to compete with beetroot.

Her fingers went towards her forehead where he kissed her a few moments back. Even now she felt his touch over there.

Neev was playing with her hair.

"Mumma" He touched her chin, today his beloved mother was lost in her own dreamland.

"Mumma. Kissie." He kissed her cheeks to finally bring her back from her dreamland.

"Neev. My baby." She tickled him which earned cute laughter from the little one.

After routine both mother and son came out to see deadly silence in the villa. She moved her feet towards the kitchen to prepare breakfast. But looking at the person inside she widened her eyes like her eyeballs to fall out of their sockets.

"Neil."

Her husband was near the kitchen counter busy pouring pancake mixture into the pan.

But Neev could not stay silent, "Dadda" he called and ran to his father with little steps.

Neil picked him up and kissed his face. Neev saw his ball nearby. He wiggled in his father's embrace asking him to put him down. Neil did as per his son's wish.

"Good morning." he wished with a bright smile. Myra was silently rooted to her place looking everywhere but not at her husband. She was biting her inner cheeks in nervousness, her cute, innocent antics made him walk towards them. He stood in front.

She looked at him in bewilderment for a moment but then was turning to go back not meeting his intense gaze. He held her wrist to stop her. She widened her eyes with a slightly opened mouth. He couldn't stop himself from smiling at her innocence. He pinched her nose and she lowered her face, blushing.

"You look cute when you blush." he commented and she bit her lip.

He slipped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. She gasped at his sudden move. She rested her hand on his chest to create little distance but all was in vain. He raised his hand to shift her falling hair strand behind her ear. He was enthralled with her mere presence.

"Bre... Breakfa... Breakfast. Neil... no Neev must be hungry." She pulled all her strength in her vocal cords.

"Yes, sure." He replied, still keeping his eyes on her flushed face. He reluctantly freed her from his hold.

"Mumma...ball" Neev threw the ball and it started bouncing. He found it as his latest achievement and wanted to show it to his mother.

Myra passed her husband to take charge of the kitchen followed by her husband. He stood touching his back to the refrigerator with crossed hands but his eyes were following her every move. He himself did not understand why he wanted to be with her for every single moment of his life.

"Where is everyone?" She felt giddy, she was observing his moments from corner eyes.

"I asked them to leave. So we can have some alone time with each other." His statement made her gulp her own saliva.

She kept their breakfast plates in a tray and moved towards the dining table. Without a word Neil followed her, he picked Neev and settled him in his high chair for his breakfast.

Breakfast time passed silently except Neev's blabberings. But one thing Neil noticed today, his wife was not meeting her eyes with him even for a moment.

When Neev was done, Neil put him down and he thanked his son mentally as he went to play with his ball.

Myra started wrapping up the dining table when Neil held her hand.

"I need to know Myra." His ask was straightforward yet filled with concern.

"What?"

"I need to know about your Violinist." He did not move his eyes from her perplexed face.

"The same way you need to know about my nightingale."

"I don't want to know anything." She looked straight.

"Ok. But we will be talking about it before we go back." He accepted her denial yet cleared his stand.

One more day passed silently, Neil was hoping to spend alone time with Myra but she had locked herself in her room along with his son. She had decided to avoid him or she was running away from her painful past.

Neil knew he needed to give her some time but every passing moment was making him restless. Today, he was not able to endure even a moment of distance from her.

Neil came back from office, today he had to go for a few last minute meetings, next day they were heading back to their home. When he stepped inside he saw Myra and Neev in the living room. Neev was sleeping on the couch whereas Myra was reading some book.

Myra startled looking at Neil, he returned back much early to her expectations.

"I will get your coffee." It was her way to escape.

"I don't need a coffee." He again stopped her holding her wrist. "I need you."

"I need you to talk about us. Myra I know it must be difficult for you, but when we want to start fresh we should begin with truth. Please Myra. I really want to give this marriage a chance."

Myra settled down on the couch looking at his tired state. She kept on playing with her fingers. She was also craving to have him besides her... avoiding him was always pained her.

"I had seen you a couple of times in the music academy. You used to come there to learn Violin. Our timings were exactly the same, you used to wait on the bench near the reception area. One day I saw you helping an old lady for a road cross. From that moment I started following you... I did not know when I fell..." She stopped.

"You fell for me?" He asked completing her sentence.

"It was just an infatuation. Just a teenage crush." She tried to cover.

"No... it was not. Even today I remember these eyes filled with pain and heartbreak on our official first meeting." Neil responded by not moving his eyes from her face.

"It's a past Neil. Can we let it go?" She requested.

"Yes, but you have to promise me you will never avoid me. I am getting habitual with you around me, so please no hide and seek game between us... I won't be able to take it." he confessed honestly.

"I am sorry." She bent down her head.

He got up and sat beside her. He wrapped his arm around her pulling her in his side embrace.

"I will try my best to fulfill all your dreams Myra... Just give me some time." He kissed his hairs sealing his promise.

"You have my life, Neil." she mumbled audibly to him only clutching his suit jacket.

"I have our son as well." He spoke teasingly, staring at Neev's little figure.

She raised her head to look at him with question filled eyes.

"Thank god your little bodyguard is sleeping else by now he would have made me fall on ground with his punches for touching his beloved Mumma." He spoke seriously.

But the moment his words were registered in Myra's mind she bursted out with laughter.

It was evening when Neil took Myra and Neev to the nearby countryside. They roamed around the old European village and did some shopping before heading towards a small family owned joint for their dinner.

Myra gave the order to the waiter and then turned to her husband who was searching for something at their back.

"What happened Neil?" Her voice broke his trance.

"Ahh nothing." He shrugged. "Strange but I am having this feeling that someone is following us."

"Who will follow us here?"

"I don't know. You don't worry. Just ignore." He changed the topic conveniently, "What did you order?"

Next day, all three returned back to their home, truly this trip acted as a new beginning for Neil and Myra.

"Myra, your son again broke my suit's cufflinks." He entered her room in the morning. "He is becoming the naughtiest kid these days." he threw narrow eyes glare at his son. Neev had just woken up and was with his mother.

"He is just a kid, Neil. I will fix it, don't worry." She took his suit.

"Now what should I wear?" He turned crabby now.

"You have so many clothes..." Myra was turning to go back to her son when Neil wrapped his hands around her stomach from back pulling her over his chest. "Why don't you help me?"

His husky mumblings in her ears, his hot breath and warm embrace passed shudders down her spine leaving her heart to run with marathon speed inside her ribcage.

"I would love to get you to help, my lady." He rubbed his nose over her earlobe.

She was melting like an ice burned under fire.

"Please" finally his lips touched her earlobe.

"Neil please... please no." She muttered, closing her eyes.

Neil could not control himself, he was drowned in her scent. His lips nibbled her earlobe. She turned in an abrupt moment wrapping her arms around his neck. Neil pulled her close, he lifted her slightly to make her stand on his feet to match with his height.

Both were lost in their word when the ball came flying out of nowhere and hit Neil on the back.

"Don't touch my Mumma." His son was standing on the bed with a flared nose ready to throw another ball at him.

Neev's voice snapped them out from their dreamland. Myra immediately took a step back creating a safe distance from Neil shifting her hair strand behind her ears.

"Dadda go." Neev threw his suit which was on the bed.

He took small steps towards Myra raising his hands to her arm. He clutched to her body like his life depended on her.

"Mumma" he kissed her cheek and mewled like a kitten still keeping his glare on his father. His father was giving him tough competition in staring.

"She is my wife. I can touch her...I can hug her... I can kiss her... I can make love to her whenever we want. Who the hell are you to ask me not to touch my legally wedded wife?" Neev's over possessiveness for his mother has pissed off Neil to his extreme.

Neev did not understand a single word his father spoke but his little mind grasped whatever his father said was about his right over his mother.

Where as Myra looked at her husband with wide open eyes.

"Dadda you are bad. Mumma. My mumma. Dadda...You go." Neev also had his father's genes when it comes to stubbornness.

Myra was dumbfounded with fiery exchanges between father and son.

Neil ignored his son's deadly gaze.

"I am leaving. Be ready in the evening. We will go to Dad's house, Mom is asking to join them for dinner."

He raised his eyebrows staring at his son and then kissed his wife on her cheeks. "Take care."

He left but when he reached the door he turned to see his son was wiping Myra's cheek where he had kissed earlier. His son then gave a long kiss on the same spot where he had given her a quick peck.

'Mr. Neil Singhania, be ready to face the toughest competition of your life.' He shook his head turning back but was halted with a cheerful voice from back.

"Come soon Neil. I will be waiting for you."

He turned and gave a flying kiss with a quick wink.

Hearts of two soulmates were rejoicing on finding their other half unaware of the storm going to hit them in near future as destiny's last test before their happily ever after.

Miles away from them there was one witch who was furious over their togetherness.

"No, he can't do this with me." Meera threw a vase over the mirror, breaking it into thousands of pieces.

*************************************************

Thanks for loving this story. Let me know how you found this chapter in the form of your votes and comments.

Please feel free to share this story in your message board as a suggestive read if you think that they will enjoy this roller coaster ride.

Love
AngelTweet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 107K 70
'Are you afraid, do I scare you, baby girl'? He asked me in a sturdy accent And all I could do is nod in affirmation, as I lay on the bed trembling u...
995 37 27
"What do you think you are doing?" Asked suzane with scared little eyes. Caden was smirking with mischief hidden in it. "What do you think, baby girl...
9.4K 736 35
My feet stopped in the corridor suddenly when those brown dark eyes met mine. I blinked my eyes rapidly and looked away. Anywhere and everywhere but...
603K 7.5K 11
His Princess Series Book 1 Professor and His Princess Book 2 Master And His Princess Story Of a Mysterious Professor, a girl full of life and Mr. S...