"Heartbound Secrets | Hermion...

By nzcrsm

"Why do you keep looking at me?" Y/N finally asked, her eyes still focused on the book in her hands. Hermione... More

|| CAST / CHARACTERS
|| 1. Quidditch Jacket
|| 2. Saving Harry
|| 3. The Burrow
|| 4. Flourish and Blotts
|| 5. Train To Hogwarts
|| 6. Siblings
|| 7. You're Special To Me
|| 8. Classes
|| 9. Airport Jealousy
|| 10. Plane Ride
|| 11. Philippines
|| 12. Pretty
|| 13. Electricity
|| 14. Twins
|| 15. Weak
|| 16. Promise
|| 18. Broken Arm
|| 19. Bet
|| 20. ...Sisters, By Now
|| 21. Dueling Club
|| 22. Midnight Snack Jealousy
|| 23. You Think I'm Pretty?
|| 24. Slytherin Common Room
|| 25. Tom Riddle
|| 26. Be My Girlfriend!
||27. Red Stone
|| 28. Order of Suspension
|| 29. Pheonix Burst
|| 30. The Chamber of Secrets
|| 31. The Mightiest of All Four
|| 32. Just A Memory
|| 33. Dobby Is Free
|| 34. Big Sister
|| 35. I Love You (FINAL CHAPTER)
.

|| 17. Polyjuice Potion

2K 106 16
By nzcrsm

The four friends walked down the echoing corridors of Hogwarts. Ron broke the silence, his voice laced with weariness. "Do you think it's true? Do you think there really is a Chamber of Secrets?" Hermione rolled her eyes as she walked ahead.

"Yes, obviously," Hermione replied, her tone exasperated. "Couldn't it be more obvious? McGonagall was worried— all the teachers were, even Dumbledore!"

"But if there really is a Chamber of Secrets, and it has been opened, that means—" Harry began, concern in his voice.

"The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts," Hermione finished his sentence for him. "The question is; who is it?" she murmured.

"Let's think. Who do we know thinks all Muggle-borns are scum?" Ron exclaimed, catching the attention of other students passing by. Their curious eyes fell on Y/N, who noticed their gazes, her jaw slightly clenched, assuming that they thought she had a disdain for Muggle-borns due to her pureblood status.

"If you're talking about Malfoy—" Hermione sighed out.

"Of course. You heard him!" Ron interjected. "You'll be next, Mudbloods," he quoted the boy's words.

"He said that?" Y/N murmured, Ron nodding.

"I really wasn't, if I did, Dumbledore would've—" Y/N attempted to explain, but Hermione cut her off, playfully cupping Y/N's cheeks and squishing her face. Y/N's confusion was evident as her brows furrowed.

"You're overthinking things, take a rest," Hermione reassured, a faint blush creeping onto Y/N's cheeks, rendering her momentarily speechless.

"I think I'm gonna barf," Ron's voice interrupted the moment, causing both girls to snap back to reality. Y/N turned to find Ron looking a bit queasy. However, their distraction didn't go unnoticed by Professor McGonagall, who stood nearby with crossed arms.

"Are you two girls going to continue your lover's quarrel, or are you going to pay attention?" McGonagall scolded them. Hermione's hands fell, her face now sporting a noticeable blush.

"Uh—sorry, Professor," Hermione murmured. McGonagall turned her attention back to her bird.

"As I said, we will be turning animals into water goblets," she declared, waving her wand and counting under her breath before tapping the bird with her wand.

"Vera Verto," McGonagall incanted. The bird transformed into an intricate glass goblet, eliciting gasps from the entire classroom.

"Mr. Weasley," McGonagall addressed Ron, walking up to the boy. "One, two, three, Vera Verto," she reminded him. Ron nodded, gripping his wand tightly and clearing his throat. Harry watched from beside him, Scabbers perched on a stack of books.

"Vera Verto!" Ron incanted. The transformation occurred, but not entirely. The mouse turned into a goblet, but it still retained its fur and its tail, and it squeaked in protest. The classroom erupted in snickers as Ron held up the peculiar goblet-rat with a disgusted expression.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley," McGonagall scolded, leaving Ron bewildered as he put his goblet aside.

Hermione raised her hand. "Yes, Miss Granger?" McGonagall acknowledged her.

"Professor..." Hermione began, her brows slightly furrowed. "I was wondering if you could tell us about the Chamber of Secrets," she said, stumbling over her words slightly. The class fell silent as all eyes turned to her. McGonagall paused for a moment before taking a deep sigh.

"Very well," McGonagall sighed as she looked around, pacing around the room. "You all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age," she began, capturing the classroom's attention.

"Godric Gryffindor," she listed. "Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. Now, three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously," she revealed, her mouth slightly ajar, as if contemplating what to say next. "One did not."

"Three guesses who," Ron whispered to Harry, the boy snickering quietly. McGonagall rolled her eyes and dismissed the comment.

"Salazar Slytherin," McGonagall declared. "Wished to be more... selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. In other words, pure-bloods."

Y/N glanced back, catching Draco's gaze locked onto the back of Hermione's head. She shot him a small glare before returning her focus to the professor.

"Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school," McGonagall revealed. "Now, according to legend... Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle, known as the Chamber of Secrets. Though, shortly before departing, he sealed it."

"...until that time when his own true Heir returned to the school," McGonagall announced. "The Heir alone would be able to open the Chamber and unleash the horror within, and by doing so, purging the school of all those who..." She paused, her eyes briefly meeting Hermione's. "...in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-borns," Hermione whispered, and McGonagall nodded in agreement.

✴✴✴✴✴

The four friends walked down the echoing corridors of Hogwarts. Ron broke the silence, his voice laced with weariness. "Do you think it's true? Do you think there really is a Chamber of Secrets?" Hermione rolled her eyes as she walked ahead.

"Yes, obviously," Hermione replied, her tone exasperated. "Couldn't it be more obvious? McGonagall was worried— all the teachers were, even Dumbledore!"

"But if there really is a Chamber of Secrets, and it has been opened, that means—" Harry began, concern in his voice.

"The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts," Hermione finished his sentence for him. "The question is; who is it?" she murmured.

"Let's think. Who do we know thinks all Muggle-borns are scum?" Ron exclaimed, catching the attention of other students passing by. Their curious eyes fell on Y/N, who noticed their gazes, her jaw slightly clenched, assuming that they thought she had a disdain for Muggle-borns due to her pureblood status.

"If you're talking about Malfoy—" Hermione sighed out.

"Of course. You heard him!" Ron interjected. "You'll be next, Mudbloods," he quoted the boy's words.

"He said that?" Y/N murmured, her anger palpable, Ron nodding. "I'll give him a piece of my mind—"

"No, calm down, Y/N," Hermione interjected, trying to diffuse the tension. Y/N rolled her eyes. "And— yes, for your information, Ronald, I heard him. But Malfoy as the Heir of Slytherin?" she scoffed with a smug smile.

"Maybe Ron's onto something, Hermione. I mean, look at his family," Harry added, Y/N nodding in agreement. "The entire Malfoy clan has been in Slytherin for generations," he pointed out.

"Crabbe and Goyle might know something. Maybe we could trick them into telling us," Ron suggested with a mischievous grin, but Hermione quickly shot down the idea.

"Even they aren't that thick. But there might be another way," Hermione said, her brows furrowing in thought. "Mind you, it would be difficult," she continued, her voice dropping lower as if to emphasize the gravity of her next words. "Not to mention we'd be breaking about 50 school rules," she added.

"And it'll be—" she started to say.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever works, bookworm. Just tell us," Y/N cut her off, prompting Hermione to send her a small glare before explaining her plan.

"Bookworm, seriously?" Hermione deadpanned, her tone laced with mock annoyance. Y/N responded with a casual shrug.

"Would you prefer 'Coil-head' then?" Y/N teased back, earning a scoff from Hermione, who playfully nudged her shoulder. Y/N exaggeratedly winced in response.

Ignoring their banter, Hermione went on with her plan. "Fancy a trip to the library?" she proposed as she continued walking, leaving Y/N and the two boys exchanging confused glances before following her.

"See? Bookworm."

✴✴✴✴✴

Y/N leaned her back against the table, her elbows propped up, and her head rested against the shelves of books. Meanwhile, Harry and Ron were busy as they rummaged through the shelf. Hermione walked up to them, clutching an open book as she leaned against the countertop.

"Here it is; the Polyjuice Potion," Hermione exclaimed, her voice filled with excitement. Y/N tilted her head down to peer at her as Hermione started reading aloud from the book. "Properly brewed, the Polyjuice Potion allows the drinker to transform themselves temporarily into the physical form of another."

Y/N couldn't help but interject with her trademark wit, "You want me to turn into one of those fat arses?" Hermione shot her a disapproving look.

"That's not a nice thing to say," Hermione scolded, and Y/N responded with an eye roll. "And for your information— you'll turn into Theodore Nott."

"Well, he's not as much of an arse as those two," Y/N retorted casually.

Ron, on the other hand, had a different concern. "You mean me and Harry will be the only ones to turn into Crabbe and Goyle? Why does Y/N get to transform into the hot guy!?" he exclaimed, a hint of jealousy in his voice. Hermione simply rolled her eyes at his comment.

"Because I'm hot," Y/N replied playfully, causing Ron to pretend to gag.

"Oh please, you're thirteen, 'hot' my arse," Ron retorted.

"Sucks to not be hot, I get it, Ronnie," Y/N teased, and Ron crossed his arms, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up, you two. This is extremely tricky; I've never seen a more complicated potion," Hermione interjected, her eyes lighting up as she looked at Y/N. "Hey, I heard your sister excels at potions," she exclaimed. However, Y/N's expression suddenly changed.

"I don't have a sister," Y/N replied firmly.

"Oh, come off it, Y/N. Everyone knows Agil and Axel are your—" Ron began, but Y/N interrupted with a glare.

"I said I don't have one," Y/N stated with a stern tone, tension filling the air.

"Okay, jeez, but it would be nice if you asked her for some help," Hermione suggested, reaching for Y/N's hand to reassure her. However, Y/N pulled her hand away.

"I think this conversation is over," Y/N murmured softly, averting her eyes and walking away, leaving Hermione and Ron to exchange concerned glances.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 35K 54
After a few minutes, both of their chests were heaving from the lack of oxygen, the two pulling away. Their foreheads stayed pressed against each oth...
224K 9.5K 130
Iris Rosier always believed she was the odd one out. She didn't share her family's beliefs and constantly felt as though she was different from them...
86.4K 2.7K 43
BOOK TWO. Olivia Potter's back, attending Hogwarts as a fifth year student. But the return of He Who Must Not Be Named has left everyone in doubt of...
236K 7.5K 23
y/n l/n was on her way to Hogwarts after years of loneliness and unanswered questions. Never knowing her parents who died during the war, she has bee...