MLP Hero's Acceptance Arc 1:...

By Soule_Story

Not everyone is given a new chance at life. When Y/N stumbles on a sanctuary that other worlds are connected... More

Introduction
Ch. 1 A Hero's Beginning Part 1
Ch. 2 A Hero's Beginning Part 2
Ch. 3 Fresh Start
Ch. 5 Mare In the Moon Part 1
Ch. 6 Mare in The Moon Part 2
Ch. 7 Ticket Struggles
Ch. 8 Griffon Shenanigans
Big News! Please Read!
Revamped Preview

Ch. 4 Hero of Ponyville

690 17 0
By Soule_Story

~ Previously on Hero's Acceptance ~

Y/N has arrived in a strange world where he and the dominant species are ponies. But before he figured this out, he found himself in a few less than desirable situations, but thankfully, some new friends, the Apple family, pulled him out of them. Now Y/N is getting ready to explore this new place he knows nothing about.

~

Y/N is now getting back to town and sees all the ponies walking around as they were shopping, talking, or just taking a walk. He doesn't feel as out of place anymore and wants to explore this new place. He makes his way through the shopping district and observes all the booths. Most of them were selling basic necessities and food, with a few exceptions though.

After Y/N finishes looking through the shopping district, he moves on to the next area. He finds some restaurants, the town hall, the train station, a bakery, the hospital, a schoolhouse, and a library. But after he had seen everything, there was one place that he couldn't tell what it was right away. It was a building with a color scheme that didn't fit with the rest of the town. Y/N opens the door to see a bunch of different dresses on display, but he couldn't see anyone.

Y/N: Seems like a dress shop of some kind, but where is the owner?

He then starts to hear someone coming from upstairs. He looks over at the stairs to see a small unicorn filly come out while holding some fabric in her mouth.

???: I got the fabric, Rarity.

Y/N: Hello?

The filly looks over at Y/N and realizes that he may be a customer.

???: Oh, Rarity, someone's here!

Y/N hears another voice from a back room that he can only assume to be the one the filly called Rarity.

Rarity: Just a moment.

After another minute, Y/N hears footsteps from the back room coming towards the room he was in. Suddenly, a curtain shines with a blue aura around it and it moves out of the way on its own to reveal a white unicorn with a beautiful purple mane. As she enters the room, she flips her hair over her head and poses.

Rarity: Why, hello. Welcome to Carousel Boutique? What can I -- *Dramatic gasp* Goodness gracious! What happened to your mane, Darling?

Y/N: Hmm . . . Oh, yeah. A pony hit me into mud, tried to rinse it off with rain, and then I shook the water off. I just haven't fixed it yet.

Rarity: Well, I can't let you walk around town looking like that. Come here.

She leads Y/N over to a chair in front of a full mirror and pats the seat telling him to sit down.

Rarity: I've going to straighten your main for you.

Y/N: You don't need to do that. I can do it myself.

Rarity: I insist.

She pats the seat again showing Y/N that she won't take no for an answer, so he reluctantly sits down in the chair. There is a brush sitting on a table nearby, and Y/N sees a blue aura form around it. It starts to float over to them, and Y/N moves his head out of its path.

Rarity: What's the matter, Darling?

Y/N: That brush is moving on its own!

Rarity giggles at his reaction before moving in front of him to show that her horn was glowing with the same aura.

Rarity: It's not moving on its own. I'm moving it with my magic. All unicorns can do this. Haven't you ever met a unicorn?

Y/N: Uhm . . . Not that I can remember, so you would be the first.

Rarity:
Well, then it's a pleasure to be first.

She starts brushing Y/N's mane with her magic, making Y/N a little nervous, but he gets used to it pretty quickly.

Rarity: Can I assume that you are new to town?

Y/N: You could say that. I just arrived yesterday.

Rarity: Really. What brought you here?

Y/N: Uhm . . . It was close by, so I thought I should visit.

Rarity: Oh. And where are you from? Cloudsdale perhaps?

Y/N: Why would you assume there?

Rarity: Well, it's a city for pegasi, and it's close to Ponyville, so I assumed that would be it.

Y/N: *Lying* Uhh, yes, that is correct.

Rarity: I thought so.

Rarity had just about finished straightening Y/N's mane when they both heard a crash from the back room.

Rarity: Oh no!

She quickly runs to the back with haste and Y/N follows her. When he gets to the back, he sees the filly from before in front of a mess of a sowing machine and different fabrics across the floor. She had apparently knocked everything off the table.

Rarity: Sweetie Belle! What did you do?

Sweetie Belle: Sorry, Rarity. I was trying to use my magic to put the fabric on the table like you asked, but one thing led to another, and it all fell off.

She looks away in guilt. Rarity sighs before using her horn and magic to put everything away neatly and with ease.

Y/N: Would you call yourself a clean freak?

Rarity: Heavens, no. I just do like a bunch of clutter around my workspace. That being said, I do hate anything being out of place.

Y/N: *Laughs* That's pretty similar don't you think?

Sweetie Belle: She just described a clean freak.

Both laugh at this, and even Rarity giggles a little. As they are laughing, they all hear the front door open again and Rarity goes to see who it is. Y/N follows her out since he was about to leave anyway, but Rarity sees who it is and can tell it's not a customer.

Rarity: You're back. Thank you for taking Opal to the salon.

???: No problem, Rarity.

The pony she was talking to is a yellow mare with a pink mare. She spoke softly with a calm voice. She had a cat with her that Rarity called Opal. It purrs and rubs herself against her.

Rarity picks Opal up with her magic and puts them on her back. Opal wasn't really amused by this and growls.

???: She was such a sweetheart with me.

Rarity: Really? I can almost never get her to cooperate. How did you do it, Fluttershy?

Fluttershy: Oh, well, I just have a way with animals.

Rarity: Well, if you could watch her more often, I'd be very grateful.

Fluttershy: I'd be happy to. Well, I should be going. I need to find somepony to fix the fence around my cottage.

As she is leaving, Y/N remembers what happened the night before and catches her before she can leave.

Y/N: Excuse me, but your cottage wouldn't happen to be near the forest, would it?

Fluttershy: *Shyly quiet* Uhm . . . Yes.

Y/N: *Guilty* And did your fence break late last night?

Fluttershy: *Shyly quiet* Y-Yes.

Y/N: Well, as embarrassing as it is to say, that's actually my fault. I'm sorry.

Rarity: How is the broken fence your fault?

Y/N: Well . . . funny story. I looked into the chicken coop to try and talk to them, but when I tried pulling my head out, *Embarrassed blush* I was stuck, so I had to pull really hard, and when I finally got out, I went backwards and broke the fence. *Embarrassed laugh*

All the mares laugh at Y/N's story. Even Fluttershy quietly laughs, which was adorable to Y/N.

Y/N: But if you need help fixing it, I'll give you a . . .

Y/N was going to say hand, but he realizes that none of them have hands, so he looks at his hoof instead.

Y/N: Hoof?

Fluttershy: That's so kind of you. I'd really appreciate the help.

Y/N: Great. Should we go now?

Fluttershy: Yes.

Y/N and Fluttershy say goodbye to Rarity, Sweetie Belle, and even Opal, then leave the boutique. Once they are gone, the pink mare shows up again and goes to talk to Rarity.

Pink Mare: Hey, Rarity!

Rarity: Oh, it's just you. What do you need?

Pink Mare: I wanted to tell you about this secret surprise I have for that pegasus you just met.

Rarity: Oh? Do you know him?

Pink Mare: Nope!

Rarity rolls her eyes and grins at her predictable antics.

~

Fluttershy and Y/N go to the shopping district and buy some new wood for the fence before going out to Fluttershy's cottage on the outskirts of town. Y/N carried the cart with the materials on his back to try and make up for his mistake.

Y/N: So, I heard your name is Fluttershy?

Fluttershy: Yes. What's your name?

Y/N: My name's Y/N.

Fluttershy: That's a nice name.

Y/N: Thank you. Oh, and you said you're good with animals. Do you like taking care of them?

Fluttershy: Oh, yes. It's my special talent. I can even talk with animals.

Y/N: Really? I tried that last night, which led to me being here.

Fluttershy giggles before putting her hoof on Y/N's shoulder.

Fluttershy: It's okay, Y/N. It was an accident, so don't work yourself up.

The tenderness of her voice made Y/N blush and look away for a moment. When Fluttershy saw him blush, she blushed as well and took her hoof off his shoulder. There was a slightly awkward silence for a few minutes before they finally arrived at Fluttershy's cottage.

Fluttershy: Here we are.

Y/N: It looks really cozy in the daylight.

Fluttershy: Yes, it is. It's a home for many different animals.

She walks up to her front door, opens it, and looks down at a small creature.

Fluttershy: Hello, Angel. I brought help for the fence.

Something runs past her and goes up to Y/N. It is a small white bunny with a fluffy tail. It sniffs Y/N before a scowl forms on his face as he looks up at Y/N's face.

Y/N: *Nervous laugh* I'm guessing by that look he's figured out who I am.

Fluttershy: He has. Y/N, this is my pet, Angel Bunny. He's a big help and such a sweetheart.

Y/N looks at his eyes again, and he doesn't believe that last part about him being a sweetheart.

Y/N: If you say so. *Nervous smile*

As Y/N and Fluttershy start working to fix the fence, a few more critters come from inside Fluttershy's cottage and begin helping as well. After struggling to hold a hammer is his mouth for a short time, Y/N manages to get the fence fixed up thanks to the help of the animals.

Y/N: And there we go. I think we're done.

Fluttershy: Thank you so much for helping me.

Y/N: My pleasure. If you need help with anything else like this, I'll be happy to lend you a hoof.

Fluttershy: I'll keep that in mind. Thank you.

Y/N and Fluttershy wave at each other as Y/N walks away from her cottage and starts heading back to town. After he leaves, the pink mare jumps out of a bush and startles Fluttershy.

Pink Mare: Hey, Fluttershy!

Fluttershy: *Squeals* What are you doing?

Pink Mare: I came to tell you about a surprise I'm doing!

~

As Y/N is heading back to the town, he thinks about his living situation. He could ask to stay with Applejack, but he didn't want to inconvenience them like that. Then he remembers that he saw the town hall. Perhaps someone there could give him advice about where to stay for a little while.

Y/N: Might as well give that a shot.

Y/N makes his way to the center of town and enters the town hall. He looks around and finds Mayor Mare going through some files.

Y/N: Hello?

Mayor Mare: I'll be with you in a moment.

Y/N waited for a moment till Mayor Mare closed her filing cabinet. She turns around and observes Y/N till she recognizes him as the pony that the pink mare had described earlier that day.

Mayor Mare: Oh, you're the one without a cutie mark.

Y/N: Excuse me? What's a cutie mark?

Mayor Mare was surprised by Y/N's question and turns around to show him the mark on her flank, a scroll wrapped in a blue ribbon.

Mayor Mare: It's a mark we get when we discover our destiny. You've never heard of that?

Y/N: It would take too long to explain. I actually came here to ask if there was a place a could stay for the next few nights.

Mayor Mare: You need a place to stay?

Y/N: Yes. I don't know how long I'll be here, so I thought I should try and find a small place or something.

Mayor Mare: Hmm. Let me go to my office and see if I can find anything.

Y/N: Okay.

Mayor Mare goes back into her office and starts searching for anything that might help Y/N. As she is searching though, she hears something tapping on the window behind her desk. She looks behind her to see the pink mare outside her window.

Mayor Mare: Wha . . .?

She opens the window to talk with her, but she isn't happy she came to the window instead of just going in the front door.

Mayor Mare: What are you doing?

Pink Mare: Shhhhhh! *Whispers* I know the pegasus is in the front. That's why I came back here.

Mayor Mare: *Whispers* Okay, what do you need?

Pink Mare: *Whispers excitedly* I need you to get him over to Sugarcube Corner soon. The party is almost ready.

Mayor Mare: O-Okay. I'll see what I can do.

The pink mare smiles and then hops away towards Sugarcube Corner to get things finalized for the party. After she leaves, Mayor Mare comes back out to Y/N.

Y/N: Did you find anything?

Mayor Mare: I found something alright. I can take you there if you'd like.

Y/N: Sure.

They leave the town hall and make their way down the streets. As they are walking, the sun sets once again sets quickly and the moon rises.

Y/N: (That's still strange to me.)

Mayor Mare stops at the bakery Y/N had seen during his tour.

Y/N: Is this the place?

Mayor Mare: Yep.

Y/N: But this is a bakery, isn't it?

Mayor Mare: It's more than that, as you'll soon see.

Y/N wasn't sure what she meant by that, but he went along with it anyway. Mayor Mare opens the front door and Y/N walks inside only to find a dark room. Mayor Mare shuts the door, making it pitch black in the room.

Y/N: Do you know where the light is?

The lights turn on to reveal a bunch of ponies waiting to say one word.

Everypony: SURPRISE!!!

The initial shock from surprise makes Y/N jump into the air and hit his head on the ceiling. He falls back to the floor, and once he can see straight again, he sees all the ponies laughing at his reaction.

Y/N: What's going on?

The pink mare hops over to Y/N and hugs him as tight as she can.

Pink Mare: That was one of the best surprises I've ever seen! And your reaction was hilarious!

She falls onto the ground laughing and holding her arms against her chest. Y/N wants to be angry, but he can't help it. Her laughing made Y/N laugh with her. Once she is done laughing, she gets back up and introduces herself.

Pinkie Pie: My name's Pinkie Pie, but you can call me Pinkie! When I saw you today, I didn't recognize you, and I know everyone, so I knew you were new! Which meant I had to throw you a "Welcome to Ponyville" party!

Y/N couldn't believe he was getting a party just because he was new, but he wasn't going to object.

Y/N: Thank you so much, Pinkie. I can't believe you did this just for me.

Pinkie Pie: Parties are what I do best! And I invited all the people you met today!

She looks over at some of the other ponies, and when Y/N looks over, he sees Applejack with her siblings, Rainbow Dash, Rarity with Sweetie Belle, and Fluttershy with Angel. All of them were smiling at him.

Y/N: No way! How'd you know I knew them?

Pinkie Pie: I maaaayyyyyy have been following you around all day to learn who your friends were.

Y/N: That's a little strange but thank you for that.

He walks over to his friends, and they all get to talking. Throughout the party they play games, eat cake, and Y/N gets to meet all kinds of ponies that live all over town.

~

After a lot of ponies had left for the night and Y/N is exhausted, he goes outside for a little quiet and takes some deep breaths to relax after a super fun night. As he is relaxing, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack all come outside to see him.

Applejack: Whatcha doin', Sugarcube?

Pinkie Pie: Yeah! All the fun's inside!

Y/N: I'm just getting a little air to calm myself down.

Rarity: Are you okay, Darling?

Y/N: Oh, I'm great. This feels like it's been the best day of my life. Even though I can't remember much.

Rainbow Dash: Applejack mentioned that.

Fluttershy: Yes, we're sorry you lost your memory.

Y/N: It's okay, girls. The way I'm feeling now, I don't even want to remember anyway.

All the girls hug Y/N which he happily returns. After they all separate, they all go inside except Pinkie and Y/N.

Y/N: Great party, Pinkie.

Pinkie Pie: Thanks, Y/N. Not bad for a pony raised on a rock farm, right?

Y/N: You grew up on a rock farm?

Pinkie Pie: Yup!

Y/N: Would never have guessed.

They both laugh before Pinkie heads back inside. Y/N is about to go inside, but he suddenly hears something that makes his coat stand in fear. A wolf's howl.

Y/N: *Startled* There's no way.

He quickly gallops out to the edge of the forest and from the depths of the darkness in the trees, he can see it, three pairs of glowing green eyes.

Y/N: So, they tracked me here, huh?

He steps one of his hooves to the side to show his battle position. He was not about to run this time.

Y/N: You want me? Come GET me!

The three wolves sprint towards Y/N, but he spreads his wings and takes off into the air. He dodges the first wolf's bite and soars around above them.

Y/N: Just try to get me up here!

The other two wolves jump up into the air and nearly catch Y/N, but he dodges by flying up higher.

Y/N: Okay, that one was a bit close

~

As Y/N is fighting the wolves, his friends, the mane five are still at Sugarcube Corner, wondering where he is.

Rainbow Dash: Wasn't he just about to come back in?

Applejack: Yeah, where'd he get to anyway?

Rarity: I don't know. He doesn't seem like the type of pony who would disappear like this.

Pinkie Pie: I found him!

Everypony looks at where Pinkie Pie is and sees her looking out the window into the distance. They all get next to her and look out the window. Out in the distance, they can see Y/N avoiding the wolves' bites and trying to stay out of harm's way.

Rarity: What in Equestria is he doing!

Applebloom: Those are Timber Wolves!

Fluttershy: They are not nice creatures.

Rainbow Dash: Come one! We need to help him!

All five of them rush outside and head towards where Y/N and the timber wolves are. As they are running, other ponies start to notice them and join in. By the time the mane five reach Y/N's location, almost the entire town had gathered together to see what was going on. By then Y/N had realized what was going on and could see his friends at the head of the crowd.

Y/N: What are you all doing here?

Rarity: We could ask you the same thing!

Applejack: Yeah, why are you fighting Timber Wolves?

Y/N: Long story short, they followed my scent here. I escaped from them yesterday before I came here. Now I have to get them out of here!

One of the timber wolves tries to jump up and bite Y/N again, but he ducks down and punches it in the neck causing it to fall apart into small wood chips.

Rainbow Dash: Why were you in the Everfree Forest?

Y/N: How should I know? I just woke up there!

Y/N lands back on the ground with both remaining timber wolves on his front and back. They both charge at him, but he jumps back into the air. This makes both the wolves collide with each other, and in that moment, Y/N slams back down onto their heads, forcing them into the ground and breaking them apart as well. When the wood chips finish falling, Y/N walks off the pile and goes up to his friends who were speechless at what they just saw.

Y/N: What? Once I saw their weak point, I struck and broke them apart. They are made of wood.

Rainbow Dash: That. Was. Awesome!

Rarity: You sure showed those ruffians!

Applejack: Where in tarnation did you learn to fight like that?

Pinkie Pie: That was the most amazing thing ever!

Fluttershy: Yay.

The entire crowd of ponies start cheering for Y/N, which causes him to blush. But suddenly, their cheering stops and they all gasp at the pile of wood chips. Y/N turns around to see all the wood pieces coming back together, but this time, it was all into one form. The three timbers had joined together to form one beast.

Y/N: *Nervous* Something tells me this won't be as easy.

The giant timber wolf roars in Y/N's face. Even though he was scared, he is not about to let this monster hurt his new friends. Y/N flies into the air and hovers in front of its face.

Y/N: Hey, Swamp Breath! If you think you can take me now, just go ahead and try! *Glare*

The giant timber wolf roars again and starts swinging its arms the size of tree trunks at Y/N. Y/N tries to fly around and strike the same places as before, but it was like it had a super thick exoskeleton now. No hits were getting through. Y/N growls in frustration as he looks his foe in its soulless eyes, and then back at his friends who were worried for his safety.

Y/N: (What should I do? This wooden demon is much stronger than the others, and none of my strikes are doing anything!) Wait . . . Wood! That's it! Hey, guys! I'm gonna need a hoof!

When Rainbow Dash hears this, she is ready to join in the fight.

Rainbow Dash: Alright! I'm gonna pound its face!

Y/N: No! This the armor is too strong to punch through, but I have a plan!

Rarity: What is it?

Y/N: Applejack, need you to go and get that special cider Granny Smith made! As much as you can carry! Fluttershy, go with your animals and gather as much dry wood as possible! Rarity, when Fluttershy gets back, set the wood around this wolf in a perfect circle! And Rainbow Dash, get us some rainclouds and have them ready to use!

Applejack: What kind of plan is this?

Y/N: There's no time to explain! *Pleading* Please just trust me!

The mane five look at each other as they weren't sure what to do, but in the midst of all the confusion, Mayor Mare speaks up.

Mayor Mare: It doesn't matter if Y/N is new to this town or that we aren't sure what he's planning! The fact is that he is trying to help us, so we need to help him!

The crowd of ponies cheer in agreement. The main five agree with the mayor and Fluttershy leaves to get wood, Applejack leaves to get the cider, and Rainbow Dash leaves to get the rain clouds. This left Rarity and Pinkie Pie with Y/N, but Pinkie hadn't been given a task.

Pinkie Pie: What should I do, Y/N?

Y/N: You said you grew up on a rock farm, right?

Pinkie Pie: Yeah, but what does that have to do with—

Y/N: I don't know what I need exactly for this part, so I'm trusting you here. I need you to find me two rocks that will create a spark when struck together! Can you do that?

Pinkie Pie: Sure thing!

She runs away to find the best materials Y/N needs, leaving Y/N with Rarity. Y/N was still dodging the giant timber wolf's attacks, and as he dodges one swipe, he doesn't see its going in for a bite.

Rarity: Look out!

Thanks to Rarity's warning, Y/N looks behind him and manages to nearly avoid the chomp by jumping off the wolf's snout.

Y/N: Thanks, rarity! Now get ready! I saw Fluttershy coming back!

Rarity turns to see Fluttershy and all her animals coming back while holding piles of dry wood. All the animals begin to put the wood down around the giant timber wolf and Rarity straightens them out to make a perfect circle around it.

Y/N: Perfect! Next, we need the cider!

Right on cue, Applejack and Big Mac show up carrying three full barrels of the cider.

Y/N: Now pour the cider onto the wood!

Applejack: Huh?

Rarity: Just do it!

Despite her confusion, Applejack and Big Mac pour the cider onto the dry wood. One of the giant timber wolf's steps make Big Mac lose his balance and spill some of the cider on its hind leg, which causes it to look down at him.

Big Mac: N-N-Nnope!

The giant timber wolf is about to chase after him, but Y/N gets in front of his face again, distracting him.

Y/N: Hey, I'm the one you're after, so leave him alone!

He kicks the giant timber wolf in the eye, which makes it roar in pain. Its eyes glare at Y/N even harder than before and it begins attacking him with no remorse.

Y/N: I can't keep this up much longer.

Rainbow dash then arrives with a giant raincloud. She brings it over to Y/N and the giant timber wolf and positions it just above them.

Y/N: Perfect, Rainbow! Now all we need is Pinkie to get back!

Pinkie Pie: I'm right here!

Y/N looks over at the giant timber wolf and sees Pinkie Pie standing on top of its head waving at him.

Pinkie Pie: Hello!

The giant timber wolf notices that something is on its head and prepares to crush whatever it is. Y/N gasps and immediately turns around. He flies as fast as he can and grabs Pinkie Pie out of the way right before the giant timber wolf slams its paw onto its head. This was a actually a good thing because now the giant timber wolf has stunned itself. Y/N lands on the ground with the others and puts Pinie Pie down.

Y/N: Are you alright?

Pinkie Pie: Yep! Here's the stuff you asked for. Obsidian and a horseshoe. *Smiles*

Y/N: Not quite what I asked for, but It'll work just as well. *Smirks*

He takes the stuff from Pinkie Pie and looks back at the giant timber wolf, who is snapping out of the daze and standing in the middle of the ring of dry wood and cider.

Rainbow Dash: Now would be a good time for that plan!

Y/N: Back up guys.

The mane five listens and backs away from the ring. Even though they were worried, they were also curious as to what Y/N was about to do.

Y/N: Hey, Timber Wolf!

The giant timber wolf makes direct eye contact with Y/N, but he isn't scared at all anymore. His friends have painted the perfect picture for him. It just needs one last touch. One final spark.

Y/N: One more thing . . . The name's Y/N.

Y/N strikes the obsidian and the horseshoe together as hard as he can, making a bunch of sparks. Some of the sparks land in the cider, which lights it. All the cider sets on Fire and thanks to the wood, the fire stays lit and traps the giant timber wolf in a ring of fire. It tries to find a way out, but everywhere it looks, it sees blazing flames. All the other ponies were amazed by this.

Rarity: Of course.

Applejack: A ring of fire. Pure genius!

Y/N: Yep, but one more thing is left. This one's from your book, Rainbow.

Rainbow Dash is confused as Y/N flies up front of the giant timber wolf and they stare at each other for a moment, but it doesn't last long. Y/N flies high into the sky, leaving everyone's range of sight. Y/N turns around and starts diving down right towards the timber wolf. In a swift flash of light, Y/N strikes the timber wolf with all he can in the head. Now, while it doesn't do any physical damage, it pushes the timber wolf through the fire, and because of Big Mac spilling some of the cider, the timber wolf's foot was now on fire.

The timber wolf starts whimpering as it tries to get the fire off its foot, but it was no use. It looks at Y/N who is standing in the ring of fire glaring at it with his wings spread out as far as possible. The timber wolf whimpers in fear as it turns and runs back into the Everfree forest.

Y/N: Rainbow Dash! We need some rain!

Y/N flies out of the ring of fire as Rainbow Dash goes up to the rainclouds. She jumps on top of clouds, causing all the rain to fall and put out the fire.

Now everything was okay. The timber wolf was gone, and the fire was out. Y/N takes a deep breath out of exhaustion and turns around to see the crowd completely awestruck. They all start cheering way louder than before and pounding their hooves on the ground in applause. They all then start gathering around Y/N as they cheer him on. Y/N smiles and slightly blushes at all the attention before making his way through the crowd over to his friends. They were all smiling, and Y/N could tell they were super proud.

Applejack: Sorry for doubting you, Sugarcube.

Rainbow Dash: Yeah, that was incredible!

Rarity: Quite so. I've never seen anything like that before.

Fluttershy: *Inhale* Yaaayyy.

Pinkie Pie: That ring of fire gave me a great party idea!

Y/N: *Laughs* Maybe refrain from using fire like that for a party, Pinkie.

Pinkie Pie: Nah!

Everypony laughs at her before they all hug each other in relief. As they are hugging, Y/N's body starts glowing white and his body lifts off the ground without him flying. Everyone gasps as this is happening. White energy gathers around Y/N's flank and a cutie mark of a sword with wings appears.

The crowd cheers even more and Y/N admires his new mark.

Y/N: This is amazing!

The mane five hug him a second time, embracing each other even harder.

Y/N: Thank you guys. I couldn't have done it without you.

???: And we couldn't without you.

The mane five and Y/N turn to see Mayor Mare walking up to Y/N.

Mayor Mare: Without you, we never would've figured out how to defend ourselves from those timber wolves.

Y/N: I shouldn't receive that much praise. I was the one that brought them here in the first place.

Mayor Mare: But the fact that you risked everything despite barely knowing anyone here still stands. And that cutie mark means that you are a protector. I, and I'm sure many other, would be honored if you would stay and defend the town of Ponyville.

She offers Y/N her hoof for him to take. He hesitates for a second and looks back at the mane five who silently tell him to go on and take it. Y/N turns back and reaches his hoof out to take the mayor's.

Y/N: I would be honored. I'd love to stay here with my friends and protect this wonderful place I call home.

The crowd cheers once more and Y/N turns to hug his friends one last time.

~

A few days pass, and off in the capital of Canterlot, a royal guard enters the throne room and walks up to the throne.

Royal Guard: Princess Celestia, you have received a letter that we think you should see.

The princess gets up from her throne and walks down to the guard. She was a white pony with a sparkling mane that waved in the air. She had pegasus wings and a unicorn horn.

She uses her unicorn magic to take the letter from the guard and begins to read it.

Princess Celestia: "Dear Princess Celestia. Recently our small town of Ponyville has received a special gift from places unknown. A stallion named Y/N has protected us from a pack of timber wolves with his smart thinking and fighting spirit. I wish you could've seen it. With the Summer Sun Celebration approaching and Ponyville being this year's location, I believe it could be a great time to meet our town's new hero. Looking forward to it. Sincerely yours, Mayor Mare."

After finishing the letter, Princess Celestia thinks about what she has read.

Princess Celestia: Interesting. *Smiles* A new hero. I look forward to meeting this mystery stallion.

~ End Chapter ~

A/N: This was so much fun to write! I can't wait to get to other action scenes like this to experience this thrill again. Just to put it in perspective for you, I started writing today at about 11 am, and I is now just after 8 pm. I've just about wrote for NINE HOURS STRAIGHT!! Yet somehow, I still have loads of energy! I'm not sleeping tonight. But thank you all so much for reading and I hope you are all looking forward to what's to come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

725K 10.4K 21
After 17 years of living on Earth, (Y/N) is sent to Equestria as an Alicorn pony and he along with the Mane 6 must overcome various adventures and le...
42.9K 1.4K 22
A year after their wedding, Rainbow Dash and Applejack get caught up in more humorous mayhem! Of course, not all of it is humorous, Dash and AJ are f...
151 7 8
After Rainbow Dashloses her wing in an accident. Twilight finds herself to be the only pony capable of restoring it. But can she reconcile that mouth...
84.6K 2.2K 19
Cover art by: @Appledash_ Applejack has liked Rainbow Dash for a while, and Rainbow has liked AJ too, but both were too shy to tell each other their...