Lotus Flower Bomb

By yourstrulyraeee

๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ More

Disclaimer/Cast
ZERO
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN

TEN

14.9K 1.4K 1.4K
By yourstrulyraeee

😗sorry for any mistakes

Baltimore, MD
May 14th
Sunday

🎶I want to please you in any way I can
I want to share my world, don't you understand?🎶

One in A Million by Aaliyah disintegrated from the speaker box of the iPhone "Your lovveee is one in a million. It goes on and on and on," Samara sang out loud along to the music lyrics, standing inside the master bathroom in front of the mirror mounted on the wall of her condo.

As she was concentrating on rolling the thick–purple flexi rod of the left side of her hair, the backside of her body was pressed against Kamari's frontside who stood exceedingly close behind her. His focus was on his phone in his hands though he was supposed to be helping with the back of her hair.

"Uhh, you gonna be this close to me sir, you can at least put a rod in the back of my head," She pursed her lips together, tilting her head to the side while staring at him through the mirror.

Scrutinizing upwards from his phone, his soft gazing eyes met hers already gazing at him from the mirror. He sucked his teeth in aggravation "I just flat iron or straighten–whatever you want to call it the whole back. You got a lot of hair back here and it's thick," He complained with his arched eyebrows knitted together. "I'm tired now. I'on wanna help anymore," He continued with his complaints, reaching past her and setting his phone upwards on the empty space of the sink counter.

Sam rolled her eyes at him "Why are you even here? We already had breakfast, shouldn't you go be wit' your girlfriend? Or yo' mother?" She watched him through the mirror carefully rolling a piece of her silk hair in the flex rod. Like one day this week, Grayson convinced–more like gaslit her into allowing Kamari to spend a night again yesterday.

She was aware her baby is only four-years-old but he was extremely smart and observed her very closely. Grayson saw she had glasses of wine last night, she never said no when she had some satisfactory wine in her glass. Samara should've known approving Kamari sleeping over once was a bad idea.

Grayson was going to ask much more now.

He shook his head at the question she was trying to be petty with "I told you I sent my mom and aunties to the spa retreat for Mother's Day today. We're gonna see them later for the party Ben, Nae, and I set up," He reminded her, picking up another Flexi rod. "And stop calling that girl my girlfriend. We don't fuck nomo," He shook his head again, rolling another piece of her hair in the back.

Samara started laughing "Mari it's no reason to lie," She gazed at him funnyly, he was lying unprovoked when she wasn't anyone to lie to.

Niggas gonna lie until they can't anymore.

"Nobody is lying," He frowned, finishing the last back piece she couldn't reach.

Samara spun around to face him once he was done. Her head was tilted to the side–holding a blank facial expression as she eyed him "So when you came back Thursday night from Miami, you didn't go fuck Adah?" She raised her eyebrows, leaning her weight on her right leg and positioning her hand on her right hip.  She knew the truth considering Adah was bragging to other coworkers about it on Friday.

Kamari scrunched his face up "How do you know about that?" He questioned.

"Why are you lying?" She resorted and then rolled her eyes, walking around his bodily frame him out of the bathroom. "I'on care what you do but there's no reason to lie about it. I'm nobody you have to lie to," She turned back around to go inside the bathroom again after remembering her phone.

"If you don't care why you bringin' it up?" His tall–muscular figure stepped in front of her before her hand could fully reach out to grab her phone from the counter. "Are you jealous?" He challenged a cocky smirk appearing across his lip as he looked down at her short figure.

She folded her arms across her chest "Jealous?" She frowned "What do I have to be jealous of Kamari? I'm just saying it's no reason to lie about something simple like that was," She shrugged carelessly. He wasn't her nigga, it's no reason to be jealous specifically because she didn't want Kamari in that way.

She viewed him as a friend, nothing more.

"Lying like you doin' right now about not being jealous?" He chuckled "We didn't fuck Samara, we almost did but I stopped myself before it could've gone further. We were kissin' and she almost gave me head but that's it," He explained only for Samara to carelessly shrug her shoulders again.

"You don't have to explain anything to me, Kamari. That's all your business and I'm not jealous. I've said that," She extended her arm past his body and finally, grabbing her phone from the counter as she came to when entering.

"So why are you actin' jealous if you so-called not jealous?" He followed close behind her on the tail out of the bathroom.

It was as if he was upset that she wasn't jealous.

"Nobody is actin' like anythin' and can you like not to walk that close to me?" She circled her body around to face him then backed up slightly after feeling intimidated by his taller figure hovering over hers. "I keep shit P Kamari. If I was jealous, trust me when I say you wouldn't be in my presence right now. The only way I would be jealous is if I wanted to fuck you and if I, Samara wanted to fuck you, baby, I would've done it already," She spoke truthfully.

The two will playfully flirt with each other all day and probably even behave like a couple without the kissing and sex aspects when they're alone. However, Samara couldn't take it there. Far too many complications came with her, she wouldn't put that on anyone.

"You think so?" He dragged his tongue across his bottom plump lip.

"I know so," She spoke confidently "But I don't fuck men that any and other woman had easy access to babe. That's nasty, not really my thing but I mess with you as a friend," She smiled and patted her hand on his chest.

"Who has easy access to me besides you Londyn?" He addressed her by her middle name with eyebrows raised. He recently found out her middle name after seeing her driver's license one day. He used any given moment to say it in a sentence now.

Samara rolled her eyes, suppressing the blush heating up on her soft tone skin "If that was true, you would've been here instead of wit' ya' girl hun," She shook her head, going to walk past him but was stopped when he gently grabbed her by the forearm and she looked upwards at him–confusion why the conversation wasn't over.

"I'on want her, Samara," He told her seriously but even with him looking her in the eyes, she found it hard to believe him.

It was hard to believe that statement considering he might be in Adah's messages saying different. From what she overhears at work, he had to be telling her differently.

Adah made it seem like the two were dating. Apparently, he sent her flowers to work a few days ago but Samara wasn't going to bring it up.

It wasn't any of her business and he wasn't her man.

She only nodded at his statement "You need to tell her that, not me," She removed his hand from her arm, not caring too much to keep the subject of conversation going "I'm going to go put water in my flowers before I forget," She smiled, mentioning the pink lotus flowers he purchased for her along with a fruit edible arrangement for mothers day.

Sam was surprised this morning when receiving the flowers and edible arrangement yesterday. She wasn't expecting him to gift her with anything yet she was appreciative of each of the gifts.

She gushed over the Lotus flowers the whole morning. They were her favorite types of flowers.

He sighed, letting the conversation go now "Ardd,"

_________________

🎶That body perfect in my eyes
No matter what they say, everything looking just fine🎶

Thim Slick by Fabolous feat. Jeremih sounded through the speakers of his new Jet Black Metallic exterior 2023 Porsche Panamera vehicle Mari purchased yesterday off the lot.

Cruising through the streets of the Baltimore city, on the way to Kamari's mother's house for Mother's Day celebration. Samara was seated comfortably in the passenger seat of the vehicle, her free hand fiddling with Kamari's fingers since his free hand was positioned on the bare–exposed skin of her knee while his left hand controlled the wheel.

Sam wasn't quite sure why he was touching her but she was going to let him be. She swiped through the few pictures Mari just insisted on taking of her before they left her condo.

"You did your li' one-two with these pictures. They're cuteeee," She gushed, not helping the smile appearing over her glossed lips. She forgot how much she enjoyed taking pictures of herself when dolled up. "I think the boots eats too. I'on know why you tried to convince me in wearin' sneakers," She pushed the mocha brown shades up on her face from falling.

Kamari chuckled glancing his eyes over at her from the road "The boots go wit' the fit better forsure. It's just hot outside and you have on dat big leather trench coat," He glanced over at her and shook his head "Dressin' like it's winter outside, you gonna be burning up while we're outside," He lectured her.

Twisting her face up, Samara looked over at him–knowing he was the last person to say anything about wearing coats and boots. That all he wore, his aesthetic is baggy clothing–meaning hoodies and coats. He knew he should be the last person speaking, that's why he was attempting to hide his laughter inside as she was grilling him with her eyes.

"I'm not goin' to take it dere witchu'," She shook her head and turn her head back to the main focus.

"Gray told me you should post those on your Instagram page I made you yesterday but you didn't hear that from me," He slowed the vehicle down once coming to a red light.

Since they are classified as being friends, it seems like Kamari always makes an effort to bring Samara out of her shell of being so closed off from the world. She couldn't explain why she was this way to him–she was terrified of being judged or that he wouldn't comprehend that everything she has done in her past–even right now is to protect her son.

Samara has never been an open individual when it came to her personal business anyways. She learned her lesson the first she went to people about business–they told her to work whatever issue out for her child. Granted she was young, naive, and they were older generations–married for years so of course she listened to them.

Listening to them will always be her biggest and worst mistake.

"I told you I'm not going to post on it. Just give y'all a new follower," She shrugged, mentioning his siblings, plus Gabe and Yasmine since they were the only people she followed and made the account private.

Sneakingly, she lurked on her childhood best friend–Olivia's Instagram page–just to see how she was doing in life now. From Instagram, she gave off the impression she was doing great. She's an Instagram influencer now with a huge following of two million and she moved out of their small town.

Sam wanted to message her now that she lived in New York, she was just too scared. She also didn't believe Olivia would ever want to speak to her again after Sam left and changed her name without saying a word.

"I'm not tryna pressure you or–"

"Noo, I don't feel pressure Kamari, don't apologize," She cut his apology and clutched his hand before he pulled off once the light turned green. "I know you and everyone else are just trying to get me out of my li' shell. I appreciate it, I really do but I'm just a low-key person. I'on like being seen," She lied during the last part then since a reassuring smile once he glanced over at him.

"Ma," Grayson called out her name from the backside.

Samara turned her body around in the seat "Yes baby?" She smiled at her handsome son. He wouldn't allow her to do his hair so he was wearing a man's bun but he looked so handsome. The older he gets the more of his features he comes to.

He favored more of his birth dad but Sam was delusional, in her eyes he was her twin.

"Can I have a game? Pleaseeee," He poked his bottom lip out, and he extended his arm out for her–holding the new generation ten iPad in the Spongebob Square Pants theme protective case. Kamari bought it for him on Friday along with clothes and shoes during their boy's day out.

At first, Samara was a bit upset about him buying her child something so expensive without her permission first but she soon moved after seeing how happy the gift made Grayson. Kamari also assured her she had full control of whatever Grayson watched and played with games.

Samara has experienced love bombing from her baby father, anytime Kamari did something genuinely out of the kindness of his heart it triggered her.

Frequently, she has to remind herself that Kamari and Adryan are two different men. One is actually a good man and the other preyed on her young-minded–insecure and naive eighteen-year-old.

"Lemme look at first, okay?" She took the iPad from his hand and he nodded in response before turning his attention out to the window. Face forward again, Samara looked over the Super Mario run game first before downloading it–using the password ID only she and Kamari knew.

Samara knew her child well enough to know he will download anything with an interesting cover page. It's why she told him he has to ask inorder to have anything downloaded.

"Here you go Bop, you have to wait for it to finish," She extended her arm back this time instead of turning fully around.

"Thank you," She felt him take the table from her hand.

"You're welcome," She picked her phone back up from her lap. Seeing Lanae texted her three minutes ago, she clicked the message icon.

Nae Nae💕

Bitccccchhhhh

who I have to swing on👀?

Nb today but Chanel
really pushin' it. She invited
her nigga 🙄 but that's
neither here or there chile

why ? I thought
your family didn't like him?

messy messyyyyyy

i'ma go home earlier, that's
tewwww ghetto for me☹️

LMFAOOO JUICY SHUT UP😭😭

I'll tell you when you get
here but girlllllll

My cuzzin wanna get put on wit'
you🌚

oh🌚?

He saw my lock screen and
haven't stopped talking
about you yet🫣

He's a vegan, make good money, 6'2,
brownskin and he a lor funny too.

Nobody is
funnier then my but hey, he a lor close

oop🌚

🤪🤪🤪 he's a good man
savannah!

he gonna me my
man too😩tellem IM OTW!!

Put a bag over his head!

Everyone can't see my man
😫not until I get there

"What's so funny?" She heard making her jump at the sound of the raspy voice–feeling like she was doing something wrong.

"Mind yo' business Grandpa," Her top pearly white teeth sunk into her bottom lip to suppress her smile as she texted Lanae to send her picture. Truthfully, Samara didn't have any interest in dating or talking to other people relationship-wise but naturally, she plays too much. She wasn't a person to purposefully play with other feelings but she was a natural flirt, hints at why it's so natural with Kamari.

It was fun to her but no feelings were attached, on her end at least.

In the midst of typing her thumbs on her keyboard, her phone was easily being snatched from her hands. "Holon' na' playa'. Gimme my phone back," She frowned, immediately reaching her hand out for her phone. She didn't even notice they were sitting in traffic now but she knew he needed to give her the phone back.

Samara didn't play like that.

Kamari leaned his body closer towards the driver's side window and mushed her arm out his way, holding her phone up to his face using his left hand. "Kamari, I'm not playin'. Gimme–" She stopped talking once he tossed her phone in her lap after reading the messages between her and Lanae.

Looking ahead at the nonmoving vehicles in front of them, he shook his head while readjusting the milk chocolate brown fitted hat on his head "Gon' play with yo' life one day Samara. Keep on," He spoke, not even giving her a second glance.

"I–" She frowned, confused as to what just happened and why he was basically threatening her with her son in the backseat at that "What did I do? You actin' like I'm already actively entertaining him. I just asked for a picture, I'm not taking this seriously,'' She explained as she gazed at the unreadable facial expression he held.

"That was cute," He spoke, unamused by her explanation.

Samara dropped her head–laughing at his now full-blown attitude. She didn't mean to purposefully laugh in his face like this but the whole situation was funny to her. The whole reason she flirts with Kamari was because she assumed they were all innocent flirts, with nothing serious behind them.

Truth be told, she assumed from the impression of a playboy he was and everyone speaks on so much that flirting with women was all he did.

Now viewing the jealous attitude he plastered, Sam had to set boundaries now.

"Kamari, they don't–" Her sentence was cut off by him tuning the volume of the music up. She jerked her head back with her face scrunched up from how rude him doing that way.

"Yeah, no. Don't play like that," She shook her head, leaning up and turning the volume down a bit. "That was rude and uncalled for. I respect this is yo' car but don't do that. You act like a grown man any other time so act like it now," She reached her hand over the console, gripping his chin in her hand then turn his head to face her.

They were at a complete stop in traffic due to a big accident ahead so she had time.

"Are you jealous over small texts like this? I don't even know the man nor do I plan on gettin' to know him. Nae and I joke like this all the time, she knows I'm jokin'," She still held his chin in her hands creating an effort of holding intestine eye contact with him but she was unhurriedly failing.

He could perfectly hold eye contact with anyone but Samara couldn't. She got nervous each time.

"Ardd," He tossed her hand from his face.

Sam's jaw dropped but she quickly picked it back up, nodding her head slowly. "Bet, act like that den," She carelessly shrugged. After a moment of silence, only the low tunes of music lyrics taking over plus the sound of Grayson's game.

Samara sucked her teeth "Kamariii," She whined. She didn't want him to be mad over simple text messages that didn't mean anything to her at least. They weren't even involved with each other but she understood the jealousy and attitude.

She was way worse when jealous, she probably would've slapped the hat off his head but that's neither here nor there.

"I said Ardd," He chuckled and she sighed, mumbling a small "okay" before turning her attention towards the passenger window–watching the person in the other vehicle beside them clearly cursing someone out and hitting their steering wheel.

Samara glanced over at him once she felt a hand on her exposed thigh. The pads of his finger drummed against her skin and he bobbed his head to the beat of the music. "We are both delulu," She muttered, placing her hand on top of his.

Real delulu yelling out my mannn!

_________________

Lakeshia came outside the front of a residence of close to nineteen years where the Mother's Day block party celebration was currently being held. Since coming into money, Kamari and Ben wanted to move their mothers out the hood but they wanted to stay. They have been there for years, everyone in the neighborhood is family to them. The two women allowed their sons to remodel their homes to be modernized and that was it.

Each year for Mother's day and Father's day, the boys plan a big block party for all the parents that helped raise them in the Neighborhood. They had food being carted for everyone, jumpy houses for kids and the adults that wanted to get in too. Just showing their appreciation to all their neighborhood mothers and fathers.

Keshia frowned seeing Samara sitting alone at one of the many white foldable tables in a black foldable chair with her son in her lap. She's been like this since Kamari and Lanae left her to speak with other people around. Grayson didn't want to leave his mom's side, practically holding her hostage at the table rather than trying to play with other children his age.

Samara of course didn't mind. There were way more people than she anticipated, and there were also numerous camera's around. She's been ducking and holding her and Grayson's head down each time she spotted a camera.

Keshia waved at her fellow neighbors as she strolled over to Samara's table "He doesn't want to play with the other kids?" Lakeshia asked, making her presence known once she came up on the side of Samara.

"Uh, no ma'am. He's shy and isn't used to this many people," She spoke politely after being startled by her voice.

Keshia hummed, grabbing and unfolding one of the black chairs placed at the end of the table. "And they just left yew over here alone? Just rude," She grumbled as she sat down on the other side of the table in front of her.

"Nae and Mari did but Yas just left after she saw too many people holding K'yana," Samara chuckled and glanced around the packed streets. Sam was surprised Yasmine even allowed anyone to hold almost three months old K'yana besides herself and her husband.

"Oh lord," Keshia chuckled. "I'm surprised he brought her out of the house. I believe this is the first time beside them going to doctors appointments," She sweetly smiled at Grayson after taking notice of him staring at her.

"Did I tell you thank you for the card you made me? I'ma hang it up for all my coworkers to see so they can be jealous," She chuckled, mentioning one of the five Mother's Day cards Grayson hand-crafted over the weekend. He made one for Yasmine, Ben's mom–Yolanda, Lanae's mom–Amelia, Keshia, and of course Samara. He was so happy to make them because, in his words, they were nice and gave him dollars.

A small smile appeared over Grayson's lips and lifted his head up from Samara's shoulder "Really?" He asked and she nodded. "Yep, they are going to be soo jealous but I'm not going to care," Keshia carelessly shrugged, causing Samara to laugh at the excitement in Grayson's mood now.

Sam was surprised at how nice Lakeshia really was. The first time she met her was at Ben and Yasmine's baby shower. She looked so mean at first glance, she saw where Kamari got his natural mugging expression from.

"Did Mari ever send the information for that uniform store I sent him?" Keshia popped her elbow up on the table and then leaned the side of her face in her bawled-up fist.

"No, I thought you forgot," She responded.

Keshia sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes "That boy don't listen to nothing," She shook her head "What's your number? I'll send it to you since he won't. If you sign up as a member, every next school year you get forty percent off," She opened her phone first before giving it to Samara with the new contact form pulled up.

Grayson leans his body off his mom first and reaches his arm over the table to take the phone from her. "Thank you Bop," She took the phone and attempted to sit him up since he was leaning directly on her breast which was sore due to the new nipple piercings.

Yesterday was the only child-free day she had because Kamari had Grayson at his Gym. She spent her day with Lanae and Chanel who thought them getting their nipples pierced would be the best idea. Nae and Sam went through with it but Chanel chickened out after only getting one breast done.

That pain was no joke. The healing process was even worse.

Samara put her number in, naming the contact as "Sammy" before texting herself so she knew who it was on her phone. "Okay, I texted myself so I know it's you," Samara gave her the phone back while Yolanda came over to the table holding K'yana carefully in her arms.

"Keshia, why in the hell Darrell thought he was going tew hold my grandbaby? Lost his damn mind," Yolanda made a disgusted facial expression. "Den, he stank. He doesn't use deodorant, I thought everyone was lying about that?" She curled her top lip upwards and patted K'yana's back gently.

"Mama, she say no-no words," Grayson whispered to Sam.

She shook her head "You can't go around taking dollars from everyone Bop. You just can't say no-no words," She told him. He always tried jacking people for dollars but Samara was trying to wing him off of doing that around random because everyone wasn't going for that.

Just last week in the grocery store Samara thought she was going to pop someone in the face from the disgusted look they were giving Grayson after he asked for a dollar. She understood why they might have side-eyed her but looking at a four-year-old child like they disgusted you pissed her off. Sam always corrects her child in private but in public, right or wrong she is going to defend her child.

"Why are you so loud? You wonder where Ben gets it from, it's yew," Keshia shook her head, setting another foldable chair out for Yolanda so she didn't have to stand over them.

"I'm not loud. Sammy, do you think I'm loud?" Yolanda squinted her eyes at Samara, waiting for her to answer the question.

"Just a lil bit but not as loud as Ben," She chuckled, watching her take the seat. Samara couldn't get over how strong Yolanda's genes were, Ben is the male version of her. From the same eye color, noses, and lips down to how much the two-act.

"Wow, Sammy. You fake jus' like my daughter-in-law," Yolanda shook her head making them laugh at her antics.

"Yew know she is looking for her child right?" Lakeshia raised her arched eyebrows and pointed her finger at K'yana who was covered with a thin yellow blanket.

Yolanda nodded her head "I told her to go get something to eat and drink. She has been in this heat and hasn't eaten or at least drunk some water," She shook her head in disappointment. "That lor girl is going to stress me out trying to be a super mom and forgetting about herself," She commented.

"Mama, can I go with Mari?" Grayson questioned, pointing his small index finger in a direction. Turning her head in that direction, she spotted Kamari leaning against a random car parked–surrounded by multiple men smoking, drinking, and laughing together.

"He's busy right now. Lemme him come over here first," She told him, pushing his hand down since he was still pointing at the group of men.

"No, he isn't. Pleaseee," He begged as he attempted to get down from her lap.

"Grayson I said no now stop it," She frowned, sitting him upwards but he continued trying to fight his way out of her hold. "We will go home if you don't stop," She gritted in a stern voice while speaking to him.

Grayson poked his bottom lip out before tears began streaming down his face and he pushed her again. He turned his head away from her and silently cried with ever-so-quiet whimpers. She rolled her eyes at him, picking the clean white napkin from beside her drink "Stop cryin' and wipe your face," She deeply sighed only from Grayson to slap the napkin from her hand.

"No," He screamed at her, making her eyes widen in shock and he caught the full attention of Keshia and Yolanda.

"Yeah, no. Say bye, we goin' home since you wanna act like you don't have any sense," She abruptly stood to her feet from her seat and placed Grayson on his feet. As she reached her arm down towards the ground to pick up his book as she carried it around, her body almost went face first to the ground after being pushed aggressively.

"Uh Oh," Yolanda mumbled with widened eyes after watching Grayson almost knock his mother over.

"No! I don't want tew got wit' you! I want Mari," Grayson snatched his arm from her and then took off running in Kamari's direction.

"Gra–" Samara exhaled a deep breath instead of yelling. She tucked her lips inside her mouth from crying at how embarrassing that just was. "I-it was nice to see y'all again," She picked up the backpack and the purse she carried.

"Wait, come in the house for the second," Keshia stood up from her seat. "Kamari has him, you just come take a shot or something," She smiled, grabbing Samara's hand while Yolanda stood up to come with them.

Samara glanced back seeing Grayson in Kamari's arms. Kamari was now away from the smoking men, trying to console the distressed toddler in his arms. She deeply sighed, allowing her to guide them through the sidewalk to the house.

Coming inside the house, the cooling air of the AC smacked her in the heated temperature face. "I have Brown and Clear. Which one dew you want?" Keshia asked as they came into the beautiful modern style–black and white themed kitchen.

"Brown. Clear makes me mad," Samara patted her finger underneath each eye and set her things in her hands on the empty black wooden table.

"See, I'm the opposite," Yolanda laughed, sitting down at one of the chairs arranged at the dining table. "Brown will also make me very irritable and aggressive. I have to steer away from Brown but I always find myself with some whiskey every once and a while," She repositioned a wide-awake K'yana in her arms.

Keshia came to the table with a half bottle of Crown Vanilla flavor and two shot glass cups. "Is this okay?" She asked and Samara nodded yes in response. "You don't have help with Grayson, do you? Do you ever get time for yourself?" She asked as she poured both glasses halfway.

They cheered first and took the shot of alcohol back. Samara stuck her tongue out a bit from the burning sensation down her throat then shook it off. "I don't. It's just him and I since my family isn't around," She answered the previous question, hoping she didn't give out too much information.

She had a problem with doing that.

"Sometimes Nae and Mari would try to help if I let them but it's not always easy," She sighed, massaging her skull temples with her hands.

"From a previous single mom to another single mom, allow them to help you," Keshia advised with Yolanda nodding in agreement. "This isn't me trying to tell you what you want to do with your child either but give yourself time to breathe. Every parent needs it and if you have it, take it. You're going to damage yourself and mentally if you don't," She gently rubbed Samara after noticing she was fighting back her tears.

Trusting individuals with your child was already frightening for any parent, especially single parents. It was more frightening after a person you trusted the most harmed your child in the past.

It wasn't an easy concept with anyone after that.

"You have my number as well now. If you need me to watch him for a few hours while yew do something for yourself, I gladly will," She genuinely spoke "It's hard to trust anyone with our babies because nobody can take care of them like you but give yourself some grace. I know for sure if you need anything Mari and Nae will come running and so will I," She told her.

"Me too. I don't have anything to dew anyways besides living my retirement life," Yolanda nodded with a smile. "Amelia would help too when she ain't up her boyfriend a–tail," She chuckled.

Sam and Keshia chuckled with her before Sam nodded after taking in the advice she was given. "Thank you, I'll try," She sighed hearing the alarm system announce entry from the front door.

"Samara?!" A familiar masculine vocal tone was heard and the noise of the front door being shut. "In the kitchen!" Lakeshia called back and they heard footsteps being taken on the floors, coming in the direction of the kitchen.

Grayson appeared in the wall frame, a pout on his lips and tear staining over his face then Kamari's tall frame towered over him from behind. "Don't be quiet now. Dew what you came in here to dew," He slightly pushed Grayson's head forward for him to speak.

"I'm sorry for pushin' you, mama," He muttered, putting his hands behind his back.

"What else? Speak louder too," Kamari encouraged, folding his arms across his chest and leaning the side of his body against the wall frame.

"I'm sorry for mis-ba-havin' too infront of people," He spoke louder as told. Samara pouted at him, sounding out the big word while saying it.

His vocabulary was getting better each day.

"Thank you Bop," She smiled then looked at Kamari who already had his eyes on her. She really appreciated when he did things like this, talking sense into Grayson when she wasn't able too. He didn't overstep or anything, he always came correct which she loved.

"Are you really to head home?" He asked.

"No," Grayson looked back at Kamari with a frown. "I don't want to go home," He protested, provoking Kamari to look down at him.

"I didn't want you to push your mama and yell at her after she told you no but you still did it. If she says y'all are going home den y'all are goin' home lor man,"

"We can stay a little longer. I don't have to work tomorrow," Samara spoke up, not enjoying the sad look on her child's face.

"Yaayy,"

_________________

Kamari closed the bedroom door belonging to Grayson silently after putting him in his own bed for the night. He yawned, coving his mouth using his hand while strolling down the hallways towards Samara's room.

After leaving the block party a few hours ago, he brought Samara and Grayson back home. He was going to call it a night but Grayson and his begging led Kamari to go to his place a few floors upstairs just to shower and complete his nightly routine. Then he came back to Samara's condo to watch movies until Grayson finally fell asleep.

Kamari was exhausted from the day, he's been up since seven this morning. He went the whole day without one nap and he hated that. He always had to have at least one nap.

Entering Samara's bedroom again, he chuckled to himself, catching sight of her curled up underneath the comforter as if she was hiding "I'm surprised he didn't talk you into spending a night," She peaked head up from the comforter then fixing the hot pink colored bonnet on her head.

"Because he didn't wake up this time," He lifted the comforter upwards and lay back in the spot he was before. "I'm not gonna touch you or nothin'. I'm just really tired and don't feel like gettin' on the elevator," He told her as he made himself comfortable underneath the cover.

He could make it up to his penthouse, he just didn't feel like it. His body was low on energy.

Sam chuckled, flipping her body onto her left side "I'on mind. Your company is nice," She gazed at him as she lay on her side–facing him and he lay on his back–facing the ceiling. "You know. When you aren't tryin' to be smart with me, you're a really good man," She spoke.

Kamari started laughing "Nah, it's the other way around,"

She rolled her eyes "No, when I first met you, you were being mean. Talking about why I talk like this," She chuckled "When you add 'ew' to every other word," She teased.

Kamari laughed at her again "I'on hear it but I'on think I dew that," He shook his head.

"You just did it but it's okay. I like y'all accents, it's different from what I was used to," She scooted over to be closer to him. "Why are you so against relationships?" She asked.

Kamari furrowed his eyebrows at the random question"I'm not against relationships. I say I don't do relationships with other people cus I don't want a relationship with them. And other reasons but I'm not against them," He explained, glancing over at her.

He didn't even have to ask where she got he was against relationships, he knew she got that impression from his little sister. Nae told everyone he was against relationships because she believes he was just a fuck boy. He couldn't blame her considering during his high school years that's what he was.

She never saw him in his other relationships that he took seriously because even with family, he kept them private. He turns thirty in two or three months and all his sister viewed him as was fuck boy that women needed to stay away from if they wanted something serious.

Nae didn't know the truth about him being infertile but he did wish sometimes she would shut up about him being a lame loser that couldn't commit.

"Oh," She mumbled, "I wasn't asking to be rude or anything. I was just asking cause I still think you're a horny dog but you're still a good man. It's not too many good single men in the world anymore,"

"Why do I have to be a dog?" He chuckled.

She carelessly shrugged her shoulders "It was the first word to come to mind," She explained.

"I appreciate it tho," He nodded, turning his head fully to look at her. "Why are you so against relationships?" He raised his eyebrows.

She blinked her eyes blankly at him a few times before opening her mouth to speak "I've never seen or been in a healthy one. My folks didn't seem to be in love as I grew up. I mean I know they loved each other but watching them felt like they were only together because they tolerated each other," She explained "All my life I've seen people only be in relationships because of money or kids. Never because they have this strong chemistry and this in-love view of each other. They may have started in love but it's always something down the line they stop. I'on want that to be what a relationship is," She further explained.

"I can see that perspective," Kamari hummed. "I've never seen a healthy relationship besides Ben and Yasmine, and now Nae's mama with her current boyfriend. But you can't go off what you see others have goin' on," He said.

"Yeah, I know. It's just like damn I see the pattern so much, what's stoppin' it from happening it to me?"

"By not goin' by the mistake they made that led up to them acting like that. Most of the time it is miscommunication or infidelity," He conversed. Kamari has never cheated or been cheated on but viewing Chanel being cheated on all the time, he didn't understand it.

He didn't understand how the person could go back for one and how the other could fall for temptation so easily without thinking of nobody but themselves. If you don't want to be in that relationship anymore, just leave. People rather cheat instead of removing themselves.

Then come up with a hundred million excuses when it was only one real logical reason which was leaving. People rather be sneaky and breaking other people's hearts or souls when leaving should be the only option.

Not cheating.

"I've never been cheated on but I couldn't see myself going back. I wouldn't be able to give the same love or trust again," She shook her head "And I have a child. They are like little radars, they follow and do everything you should them. I'on want Grayson to grow up thinking it's okay to give someone that didn't respect you another chance after you've been nothing but loving and faithful to them," She vented.

Kamari couldn't suppress the smile appearing across her lips. Everything she does or says, she always includes her son. She thinks about how much it affects him before anything and he adores that. "You're a really good mother Samara. Grayson is lucky to have you, once he gets older in his adult life or even teenage life he's gonna tell you all the time," He spoke genuinely.

She started blushing "Are you only saying that because it's Mother's Day?" She chuckled.

"No, Mother's Day is over. It's past midnight," He replied "I'm sayin' it because, over the last eight months or a year, I've seen it every moment you're with Gray. You don't give yourself enough credit and are way too harsh on yourself," He spoke honestly.

Mari was aware she is a first-time mom but for a first-time mom, she was way too harsh on herself about slight things. She was doing the role of being a mom and filling the father role in we'll. Grayson was very well-mannered and respectful. His speech was wonderful for his age–in most of his sentences, he talks fluently. He was very caring of others around him.

Grayson may act out at times but what four-year-old doesn't?

From what Kamari has seen, she was doing a damn great job, especially considering she was doing this alone.

Samara smiled upwards at him "Thank you Kamari, I really appreciate hearing that," She voiced sincerely, scooting closer to his body making her practically leaning on his muscular arm "And thank you for always being there for Grayson and me, especially him. You're a great example of the male figure, something he needs," She turned over on her stomach. She moved his arm to where her chin was positioned on his chest and his arm was on her lower back.

When looked downwards, Kamari's eyes met her but they gradually averted to the hydrated tone lips connected to Samara's face. She could feel his breathing picking up from the pattern growing fast while her fast was still on his chest. Once Samara picked up on the tension between them and the lustful sparkle in Kamari's eyes. She inches up closer to his face and pressed a soft peck on his lips. Shocking the both of them at the sudden bold move, then she arranged her hand on the right side of his face. She pecked his lips again before guiding herself in a real kiss.

Not too slow but not too fast their lips moved in perfect sync with Kamari taking the lead. It felt like they were both hearing fireworks the further their lips moved together as one. 

Perfect. It was perfect.

___________________________________

If you didn't know, now you do. I changed Sammy fc to Dee😝 i'm not changing it anymore

Thoughts or Opinions?

They kissed🫣 How do y'all think things will move forward after that🫤

Kamari being jealous? Any thoughts on that?

Should Sammy get in contact with her bestfriend?

Sam not being jealous, any thoughts about that?

930 votes for an update!!!!

BYEEEE UNTIL MY NEXT UPDATEEE🦋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 98 5
๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ
199K 5.8K 49
~๐˜พ๐™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™š ๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ช๐™ค๐™ช๐™จ ๐™ž๐™ข๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ
2.4M 111K 49
๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ซ๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐š๐›๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ, ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐š๐›๐ข๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒ, ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก ๐จ๐Ÿ.