šŒš˜ š‹š€š’š“.

By Kinomya

"šš„š„š… š˜Žš˜¦š˜µš˜“ š˜±š˜¢š˜“š˜“š˜¦š˜„ š˜„š˜°š˜øš˜Æ š˜­š˜Ŗš˜¬š˜¦ š˜Æš˜¢š˜®š˜¦-š˜£š˜³š˜¢š˜Æš˜„ š˜›-š˜šš˜©š˜Ŗš˜³š˜µš˜“. š˜ˆš˜­š˜øš˜¢š˜ŗš˜“ š˜µš˜°š˜° š˜£... More

šŸŽšŸŽ.
šŸ.
šŸ.
šŸ‘.
šŸ’.
šŸ“.
šŸ”.
šŸ•.
šŸ–.
šŸ—.
šŸšŸŽ.
šŸšŸ.
šŸšŸ.
14
15

13.

1.6K 70 11
By Kinomya

Imani Bently
𝐎𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨, 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚

𝐎𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭

$$$$$.

"Yes!" Imani yelled out to her mom only to not hear a response. She rolled her eyes and went back on her phone before hearing her name again.

"Yes!"

Imani huffed and got up from her bed when she didn't hear a response again.

She walked to her moms room and rolled her eyes once she seen her mom squinting as she watched tv.

"You ain't hear me calling you?" her mom asked once she noticed her in the door way.

"I said yes."

"If you replied i would've heard it."

Imani rolled her eyes. Her and her mom didn't have a bad relationship. There was just times when she didn't feel like being bothered and right now was one of the times.

"Roll em again. Watch I punch you so hard they get stuck."

"Punch who?" Imani stuck out her neck and eyed her mom trying to figure out who was she going to punch.

"Anyways girl. You been talking to Poppa lately?"

"No, why?"

"oh, just asking."

"So you called me in here for that? could've been sent through a text."

Imani's mom scrunched her face up. "Ok and i wanted to see your face. now what?"

"I could've sent a picture." Imani said huffing and throwing herself on her moms bed.

"Right."

The room went silent as her mom shifted her focus back to the tv. Imani's gaze shifted to the decor in her moms room.

Eyeing her baby pictures and the little pictures her mom did have up of her brother. She hasn't seen him in a long time.

But she was sure he was dead.

She already practiced how she would react to the police showing up at her house and telling her, her brother was dead.

She cried all she could cry to the point where if they did show up, she wouldn't be surprised.

"You want to make some homemade chipotle bowls for dinner? I seen this girl on tiktok make em." Her mom asked her as she paused the show she was watching and grabbed her phone to go on tiktok.

"Oh I was gone hang with Kyia them later."

"And do what?" Her mom eyed her.

Imani shrugged.

"Alright but make sure yo location on. They was just on the news talking bout that man killing that li girl."

"You talking bout the mexican dude?"

Her mom nodded. "They said he been arrested before for assaulting multiple women. I don't see why they ain't just keep that nigga in there."

"As a matter of fact, just stay in the house. I would hate to have to put my hands on somebody for doing something to you."

Imani scrunched her face up. "Ma that happened way in atlanta."

"Like i said. stay in the house."

Imani huffed and walked to her room. She hated when her mom did this because she never went out at her old house, so being in the house when she made friends upset her.

She got her phone and stared at the 'omw' text smiley sent her 15 minutes ago.

She sighed and went to text him that she couldn't come out today but he'd already started calling her.

She prayed to God that he didn't make her go behind her momma back and sneak out before answering.

"hello?"

i'm outside

"Oh, i don't want to go outside today." She bit her lip and lied, embarrassed her mom told her no.

"man, imani bring yo ass outside"

"Didn't i just say no?"

"So you made me come way over here fa nun?"

"I'm sorry, i'll give you money for the gas you wasted whenever i see you."

"okay"

Smiley hung up the phone and Imani felt guilty. She missed being under him and she was so close to having those butterflies swarm around in her stomach but she always listened to her mom. she would never be disrespectful no matter how much her mom upset her.

Imani scrunched her face up when she heard a knock on the door. She walked to her window and looked out of it, she knitted her eyebrows together when she didn't see a car outside. Either the person walked or they didn't park to the left side of her house.

She heard her mom answer the door and she immediately ran to the stairs when she heard smileys voice.

Imani listened to see what Smiley was going to say before walking down stairs and going to the door.

"Hi, miss. I was wondering if Imani was here?"

"Yes she is, and you are?"

"I'm Zyair White."

"Ms. Bailey."

"Nice to meet you ms. Bailey. Me and Imani were supposed to go hang out with friends later on today but she wasn't there, i just wanted to see if everything was okay."

Ms. Bailey eyed the dread headed boy who stood at her door step. He had low eyes but they weren't red, which she appreciated that he didn't come to her door step high.

He had black lips hinting that he was a smoker. He wore a green polo tech two piece with a pair of LV slides.

She ignored the smokers lips and noticed how he came to see if Imani was okay. It was sweet to her and she appreciated that Imani kept great company around her.

"Yes, she's okay. I was just worried about her safety when going out because of that man who killed that lil girl recently."

"Oh that shooting in atlanta? yea i heard he assaulted multiple women before actually killing one."

Ms. Bailey smiled. Opening the door wider for him to come in. She closed the door behind him and yelled for Imani to come downstairs.

"Yes, they should've kept him locked up."

"Right, I don't see how somebody could do that to a women. A person in general really."

She smiled and stared at the boy. She was happy she didn't judge him by his outside appearance because he was actually caring. She liked that he cared for her daughter.

Imani came into the living room after making heavy footstep noises to make it seem like she wasn't being nosy.

"Yes? oh hey Zyair."

Zyair smirked at her calling him his real name meaning she was listening.

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh I came to make sure everything was okay because you didn't show up at Kyias house."

"Oh i'm okay, thank you for checking on me."

"Imani, how come i never met any of your friends but poppa?"

Imani shrugged and hurriedly walked out the house, grateful that Zyair came in and saved her.

She walked to Zyairs car and waited for him to follow after her. Once she heard the click she opened the door and got in.

Zyair sat in the car and looked over at Imani seeing as she had a small pout on her face. He knew she wasn't mad she just wanted attention.

He leaned over and slowly gave her a kiss and smirked once he seen her start to get carried away.

He pulled away from the kiss and she held the same pout.

Imani watched as Zyair started up the car and pulled off. She loved the way he drove w his seat all the way back.

Once zyair pulled up to a red light he rested a hand on her thigh and turned to look at her. "Whatchu thinking bout bae?"

Imani's eyes widened. "bae?"

Zyair smiled at her loving how she repeated back to him. She was so pretty to him and he didn't understand how she looked effortlessly pretty all the time. He eyed her new hairstyle which was a flip over styled deep wave wig.

"Yea, bae. What youn want me calling you that?"

"No it's not that it's just that, that's a relationship word.. and we barley know eachother."

Zyairs smile dropped. He didn't understand why she overthink so much. That was honestly the only thing keeping him from liking her.

"Here you go with the bullshit dawg." Zyair sighed and drove off once the light turned green, continuing to his destination towards kyias house.

Imani scrunched her face up. "What you mean her i go with the bullshit? you trying to make it seem like i'm always doing the most."

Smiley calmed himself down a bit once he heard her voice come out low and calm. She surprisingly sounded hurt when he thought she'd start yelling.

"I'm not saying that, Mani. Bae is just a nickname along with the words baby and ma. When I say it ion mean it in a flirting way, it's just like me calling you mani.

and youn gotta keep saying we barley know eachother, why you think i'm spending all this time with you? i'm trying to get to know you but you ain't letting me. That shit aggravating, Imani."

Imani stayed silent. When she said what she said she didn't mean it an a he overstepping way, she just didn't want to rush things. But him saying he wasn't flirting by him calling her the nicknames upset her.

He probably just wanted to fuck, that's why he's always trying to sweet talk me and then turn around and get angry out of nowhere. Imani thought to herself.

"i hope you ain't in ya head again, imani. Stop that shit." Zyair was kind of tired of having to deal with her constant mood swings. He didn't understand why she couldn't just let herself be happy.

Clearly he wasn't making her happy and he wanted her to say that. He hated being a bother, if somebody was cool on him he wanted them to just say that.

Actions spoke louder then words to him and if she kept trying to bring up problems then he would take that as his cue to leave.

the rest of the ride was silent and even though he told her to get out her head, he was stuck in his.

and she went back into hers.

This was God telling him they weren't supposed to be together.

yet.

Zyair wasn't the toxic type. Well at least he thought he wasn't, he never been in a relationship so he wasn't completely sure.

He did know he hated arguing, and that's seemed to be something Imani was good at.

The rest of the ride to Kyias house was silent and Imani was thankful for that because she honestly didn't want to upset him any further.

When Zyair pulled up to the house, Imani wasted no time getting out the car and going into the house, not wanting to embarrass herself any further.

She wanted to leave from round me that bad? Zyair thought to himself.

$$$$$$

read my other book 'brotherhood' i'll be updating on both stories more constantly!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.6K 2K 12
"š˜§š˜°š˜³š˜¦š˜·š˜¦š˜³ š˜“š˜©š˜°š˜øš˜Ŗš˜Æš˜Ø š˜®š˜ŗ š˜¬š˜Ŗš˜„š˜“ š˜¢ š˜£š˜¦š˜µš˜µš˜¦š˜³ š˜®š˜¦." ššŽš• šŸšŸŽšŸšŸ š—•š—¢š—¢š—ž šŸ® š—¢š—™ "š—Ŗš—›š—œš—Ÿš—˜ š—Ŗš—˜'š—„š—˜ š—¬š—¢š—Øš—”š—š"
617K 14.2K 59
1š’š“ ššŽšŽšŠ š’š‹šˆš†š‡š“š‹š˜ š‚š‘šˆšš†š„
321K 8.8K 51
šˆš­'š¬ š¬šØš¦šžš­š”š¢š§' ššš›šØš®š­ š²šØš®, š›š®š­ šˆ š«šžššš„š„š² šœššš§'š­ šžš±š©š„ššš¢š§ š¢š­ š‰š®š¬š­ š¤š§šØš° š­š”ššš­ š²šØš® š¦š¢š§šž, šˆ š­ļæ½...
700K 25.7K 27
š˜Ŗš˜„š˜¬ š˜øš˜©š˜ŗ š˜øš˜¢š˜µš˜µš˜±š˜¢š˜„ š˜„š˜¦š˜­š˜¦š˜µš˜¦š˜„ š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜µš˜Ŗš˜µš˜­š˜¦ š˜¢š˜Æš˜„ š˜µš˜©š˜¦ š˜„š˜¦š˜“š˜¤š˜³š˜Ŗš˜±š˜µš˜Ŗš˜°š˜Æ