"Heartbound Secrets | Hermion...

By nzcrsm

"Why do you keep looking at me?" Y/N finally asked, her eyes still focused on the book in her hands. Hermione... More

|| CAST / CHARACTERS
|| 1. Quidditch Jacket
|| 2. Saving Harry
|| 3. The Burrow
|| 5. Train To Hogwarts
|| 6. Siblings
|| 7. You're Special To Me
|| 8. Classes
|| 9. Airport Jealousy
|| 10. Plane Ride
|| 11. Philippines
|| 12. Pretty
|| 13. Electricity
|| 14. Twins
|| 15. Weak
|| 16. Promise
|| 17. Polyjuice Potion
|| 18. Broken Arm
|| 19. Bet
|| 20. ...Sisters, By Now
|| 21. Dueling Club
|| 22. Midnight Snack Jealousy
|| 23. You Think I'm Pretty?
|| 24. Slytherin Common Room
|| 25. Tom Riddle
|| 26. Be My Girlfriend!
||27. Red Stone
|| 28. Order of Suspension
|| 29. Pheonix Burst
|| 30. The Chamber of Secrets
|| 31. The Mightiest of All Four
|| 32. Just A Memory
|| 33. Dobby Is Free
|| 34. Big Sister
|| 35. I Love You (FINAL CHAPTER)
.

|| 4. Flourish and Blotts

2.3K 105 11
By nzcrsm

"What do you reckon happened to Harry?" Y/N inquired, strolling along Diagon Alley with Harry. They had opted for Floo Powder transportation, the Weasley family following behind.

"Oh, he'll be alright. Harry's tough," Ron shrugged, not seeming too concerned. Y/N gave him an unimpressed look.

"He said 'Diagonally' instead of 'Diagon Alley.' Aren't you worried about your best mate?" Y/N prodded, her tone slightly teasing. Ron made a dismissive raspberry sound.

"Come on, don't be a worrywart. Harry can handle himself," Ron reassured, which prompted an eye roll from Y/N.

"Look where we are—Flourish and Blotts!" Molly exclaimed as the group's attention drew and landed to a particular store.

"I can hang outside. Already got my books," Y/N suggested, but Molly waved off the idea.

"Nonsense, Gilderoy Lockhart's in there. It'd be a shame to miss him," Molly insisted, a mischievous glint in her eye. Y/N responded with a wry smile, sensing that this was something worth witnessing.

"Hey, is that Hermione?" Ron piped up, pointing across the street.

"Real funny, Ron," Y/N retorted sarcastically, catching on to his playful antics.

"No, seriously," Ron insisted, motioning with his hand. Y/N rolled her eyes, knowing he was probably just messing with her.

"Hey, Hermione! Over here!" Ron called out, prompting Y/N to turn and face the direction he was indicating. And there was—in fact— Hermione, walking with her parents, Y/N instinctively took a step backwards. But she barely had time to react as Ron grabbed her by the arm, making her pivot.

"Where are you going?" Ron questioned, a puzzled look on his face. Y/N bit her lip, struggling to come up with an explanation.

"Oh, you two still not getting along?" Ron inquired, his eyebrows quirking mischievously.

"Weasley, don't even think about it—" Y/N warned.

"Hermione! C'mon, this way!" Ron hollered, his voice carrying across the street.

"Ron? You're here too? Nice to see you again— oh," Hermione's smile faltered as she noticed Y/N, the awkwardness between them palpable. Their eyes met briefly, and they exchanged a hesitant look.

"Yeah, we're just browsing for some books. Y/N decided to join us," Ron responded, a hint of amusement evident in his voice.

"That's... nice," Hermione murmured, her gaze lingering on Y/N for a moment before she quickly averted her eyes. "Did... Harry not come along?" she inquired.

"Oh, he's here somewhere. I think I'll go find him," Ron announced suddenly and gave Y/N a gentle push towards Hermione before he walked off, which left the two girls in an awkward stand-off.

"Oh, Y/N, dear!" Mrs. Granger appeared beside them. "What a pleasure to run into you here," she greeted warmly. Y/N offered a wry smile in return.

"The pleasure's mine, Ma'am," Y/N replied, her tone a touch awkward. Mrs. Granger chuckled.

"Alright, Hermione, this is perfect. You stay with Y/N while your father and I get your books. Keep an eye on her, won't you, Y/N?" Mrs. Granger said playfully, her tone slightly teasing as she walked into the store, leaving Y/N and Hermione alone. Y/N and Hermione's eyes met, both girls momentarily caught in an awkward silence before they both glanced away.

"You're just gonna keep ignoring me, huh?" Y/N's voice broke the silence, her frustration evident. Hermione refused to meet her gaze, looking away.

"I don't know what you're referring to," Hermione replied with a cool tone.

"Sure, play it like that," Y/N retorted, a hint of anger in her voice. Another uncomfortable silence stretched between them.

The air seemed to thicken with tension, wrapping around them like an invisible vice. The bustling sounds of Diagon Alley seemed to fade into the background, leaving only the weight of their strained interaction. It was as if an uncomfortable spotlight had been cast upon them, and they were trapped in a spotlight that refused to dim.

Seconds dragged on like hours, the silence becoming almost palpable. Passersby walked by, casting curious glances at the two girls standing there, caught in an awkward standoff. It was one of those moments that felt so uncomfortable that anyone within a ten-foot radius could practically sense it, like a static charge in the air before a storm.

Y/N shifted her weight from one foot to the other, her frustration and hurt warring with her desire to smooth things over. She stole a quick glance at Hermione, who continued to keep her eyes resolutely fixed on a random point in the distance, as if she could will this awkward moment away.

"Y/N!" A voice suddenly sliced through the awkward silence. Y/N turned to the side, relief flooding her at the sound.

"Aurora!" Y/N's voice held a genuine warmth, and a smile tugged at her lips. Hermione, meanwhile, couldn't help but sneak discreet glances at the newcomer, curiosity evident in her eyes.

"Are you here for Lockhart too?" Aurora asked, her attention shifting between Y/N and Hermione, the latter now attracting her interest.

"Oh, uhm... no," Y/N replied. She studied Aurora's features, noting the subtle changes – a deeper tan and a hint of maturity.

"Did you go on vacation?" Y/N inquired, taking in Aurora's appearance.

"Clearly you haven't; your skin's still the same as it was 2 months ago," Aurora teased, causing Y/N to chuckle.

"Well, time has been a bit of a luxury lately," Y/N admitted.

"Hmm? But I heard you're one of the wealthiest witches in the whole wizarding world!" Aurora's tone was playful.

"My reputation precedes me," Y/N responded with mock grandeur, earning a snicker from Aurora, who shot her a sidelong look.

"Oh, Hermione?" Aurora murmured, her attention shifting to the slightly uncomfortable-looking Hermione. "Are you two hanging out?" she questioned, her curiosity piqued. Y/N's lips pursed slightly, and she shook her head with a subtle motion.

"Hey, you two!" a voice rang out, and two familiar Ravenclaws – Sophie and Seraphina – approached them. Seraphina carried a few bags, while Sophie followed behind.

"Wow, Seraphina, you had a growth spurt, didn't you?" Aurora exclaimed with genuine awe, taking note of the taller girl's stature.

"Come on, it's not like I'm a giant," Seraphina retorted, a playful glint in her eyes. "And what are you doing out here? It's scorching hot," she added in a mildly exasperated tone, her gaze shifting to the bags in her hand.

"Oh, Hermione's mom asked me to—" Y/N began explaining, her sentence trailing off as she realized Hermione was no longer beside her. "Where did she go?" she muttered, a touch perplexed.

"Maybe you're so infatuated that you're imagining she's still here," Sophie teased. Y/N raised an eyebrow, Sophie's comment earned a small glare from her.

"Give it a rest, Turner. I don't like her," Y/N stated firmly.

"Sure, sure. And I suppose pigs can fly, too! Honestly, I'm amazed you two haven't gotten together over the summer, given your close proximity as neighbors," Sophie teased, which earned a playful nudge from Y/N.

"Actually, pigs can fly," Y/N retorted with an eye roll and a feigned display of annoyance, causing Sophie to raise her hands in a surrendering gesture.

"Fine, fine. Let's go see Lockhart then. Seraphina's been itching to catch a glimpse of him," Sophie suggested, earning a playful glare from Seraphina.

"I have not!" Seraphina protested.

"Right, and that 'Lockhart shrine' in the corner of our dorm is just a figment of my imagination," Sophie teased, heading into the bookstore. Y/N and Aurora exchanged amused glances as they followed, the lightness of the moment helping to dissolve the earlier awkwardness.

✴✴✴✴✴

Y/N stepped inside the bookstore, her gaze wandered idly around the interior stacked with books. "I'll just wait here," she declared, uninterested in joining the long line just to catch a glimpse of a man she didn't particularly care about.

"Hey, Crimson!" a voice hissed, drawing Y/N's attention upward. Draco stood on the second floor, catching her eye.

"Draco!" Y/N whispered and she ascended the stairs to join him.

"Where's... Potter?" Draco asked, his tone tinged with curiosity. Y/N's brow furrowed, but before she could answer, the sound of a bell chiming signaled a new arrival – Harry, Ron, and Hermione entered the store.

"He's right over there. Why?" Y/N questioned, her curiosity piqued. Draco shook his head dismissively.

"Never mind..." Draco muttered. "Anyway, my father got me a new broomstick," he stated, his tone a mix of irritation and pride. Y/N raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"But you're not on the Quidditch team," Y/N pointed out.

"Not yet," Draco grumbled. 

"You know what, Crimson? Y're actually a decent Quidditch player, I've watched some of your matches. But Potter... he's just... annoying. Got a Nimbus Two Thousand last year. Special permission from Dumbledore to play for Gryffindor. Not that he's even that skilled, it's all just because of his fame... his stupid scar on his forehead."

"...everyone thinks he's a genius, flawless Potter  with his scar and his fancy broomstick—" Draco continued his rant, his words beginner to sound repetitive. Y/N's expression shifted to boredom.

"Yeah, you've shared this story countless times," Y/N interjected, which caused Draco to grumble.

"Did you grow taller or something? New haircut suits you, Crimson," he commented.

"Thanks, Malfoy. I could say the same about your slick-back look," Y/N shot back, both of them shared a snicker in the midst of their teasing banter.

"Have you heard? There are rumors about a new Muggle Protection Act. No doubt that flea-bitten, Muggle-loving fool Arthur Weasley is behind it—" Draco's began before he was quickly interrupted.

"Harry Potter!" Lockhart's voice cut through, the pair looked down and Draco's sneer deepened as Lockhart handed Harry a stack of books and posed for a photo.

"Stupid Potter," Draco muttered before he walked past Y/N.

"Where are you headed?" Y/N inquired.

"Just watch," Draco spat, his tone filled with disdain. He plucked a book from the stack, discreetly tore the front page, and slipped it into his pocket. Walking downstairs, he halted in front of Harry.

"I'll bet you loved that, didn't you, Potter?" Draco sneered, prompting Y/N to approach him. "Famous Harry Potter. Can't even step into a bookshop without making the front page!" he taunted.

"Draco," Y/N's tone held a stern warning.

"It's true, Y/N," Draco retorted, holding his ground.

"Leave him alone," Ginny's voice spat out, her tone defiant as she stood up to Draco. A smirk danced across his lips as he looked down at the shorter girl.

"Oh, look, Potter. You've got yourself a girlfriend!" Draco taunted. A blush creeped onto Ginny's cheeks. Ron and Hermione arrived at the scene with their Lockhart books in tow.

"Now, now, Draco. Play nicely," Lucius' voice intervened as he placed his cane on Draco's shoulder. Y/N felt a pang of discomfort at his presence. 

"Ah, Miss Crimson, Draco's spoken quite highly of you. How delightful to see such close friends. Your father and I were quite the companions in our day," Lucius greeted, his tone dripping with a touch of malice. Y/N awkwardly nodded in response.

"Mr. Potter," Lucius continued, turning his attention to Harry and giving hi, the same disdainful look that Draco had earlier. "Lucius Malfoy. Finally, we meet," he whispered, shaking Harry's hand with an air of superiority. 

"Forgive me," he muttered, pulling Harry in closer and brushing his fringe aside.

"Your scar is legendary," Lucius murmured, his gaze then shifting to Y/N. "And you, Miss Crimson, those eyes of yours... such a striking crimson hue," he continued, his words sending an involuntary shiver down Y/N's spine as she took a step back, feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"You may not fully understand their value, especially when one considers their potential significance for a certain wizard who is as legendary as both your eyes and the scar Mr. Potter bears," Lucius continued cryptically.

"Voldemort killed my parents," Harry's voice dripped with scorn as he sneered at Lucius, his words quiet but laced with anger. He pushed Lucius away. "He's not a 'legend.' He was nothing but a murderer," Harry added with a bitter edge. Lucius sneered in response.

"You must possess a remarkable amount of bravery to utter his name so casually," Lucius commented, a smirk tugging at his lips. "Or perhaps you're simply quite foolish."

"Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself," Hermione's voice chimed in, her words carrying a certain conviction. Draco glanced at her, then shifted his gaze to Lucius, who turned to acknowledge her presence.

"And you must be Miss Granger," Lucius remarked with a deadpan expression, his attention shifting between Draco and Hermione. Draco nodded in confirmation.

"Yes, Draco has told me all about you. And your parents," Lucius murmured, his tone carrying an undercurrent of judgment. "Muggle-born, correct?" he added, causing Hermione to glance towards her parents who were engrossed in conversation with Arthur.

"Malfoy," another voice broke through, drawing everyone's attention as a man entered the bookstore. Lucius turned around, his expression shifting slightly.

"Ah, Silverthorn," Lucius mused, his voice tinged with a hint of familiarity. Y/N's ears perked up at the mention of the name, sensing something intriguing.

"Where have you been? I've been looking for you—" the man's words halted abruptly, his gaze locking onto Y/N's. An unspoken connection seemed to pass between them in that brief moment.

"Do the two of you know each other?" Lucius inquired, his gaze shifting between Y/N and the man.

"No," the man replied curtly, his tone cool and composed. "The car is waiting for you. We have business to discuss. Make it quick," he added, his gaze lingering on Y/N for a moment before he swiftly exited the store, leaving behind a sense of mystery in his wake.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.9K 2.6K 31
"Dealing with a Tournament, Bullies, the Yule Ball, and Foreign Magic Schools, (Y/N) (L/N)'s Fourth Year at Hogwarts was the most eventful Year so fa...
425K 14.7K 35
Y/N: Your Name L/N: Last Name H/C: Hair Colour E/C: Eye Colour S/C: Skin Colour F/C: Favorite Colour F/F: Favorite Food ...
271K 8K 70
❝ 𝐈 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 (𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐝), 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧, 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 �...
49.8K 1.5K 46
Summary : your the Daughter of Remus lupin, your dad gets a letter from Dumbledore to become Defense against the dark arts professor for Hogwarts Whi...