how you get the girl- Paige B...

By heartzfrommya

what happens if UCONN's most popular basketball player finds herself searching for one person in the crowd? ... More

characters
playlist
1- part of the team
2- in your arms
3- jealousy, jealousy
4- make it or break it
5- newfound feelings
6- can't get you off my mind
8- close call
9- moving on
10- confessions on the court
11- finally mine
12- good luck charm
13- second dates?
14- home sweet home
15- i'm in love
16- my favorite person
17- always by your side
18- 'I can't do this'
19- i miss you, i'm sorry
20- hung up on you
21- goodbye
22- taylor swift made me do it
23- too late
24- wish you were sober
25- there's still hope
26- clearing the air
27- the stolen letter
28- 'i love you' in lyrics
29- how you get the girl

7- so pretty it hurts

15.6K 296 171
By heartzfrommya

paige 

present; narrative

Today was the day Jules and Rose were coming to Minnesota. I was pacing around the house trying to make sure everything was perfect. My dad, Azzi and Drew looked at me confused as I moved a pillow for the fourth time.

"P, calm down." Azzi said, grabbing the pillow and putting it back normally. Azzi was the only one who knew about my feelings for Jules. I still hadn't told my dad or anyone but I figured he would be able to tell with Jules here.

They were on their flight now, landing in about an hour as I tried to find a way to pass time. It felt like the minutes were moving backwards until Jules finally texted me saying they landed and me and Azzi could head to pick them up. I was shaking the whole car ride, nervous about seeing Jules and having her meet my family.

We parked and got out of the car waiting for the girls before I saw Jules squinting her eyes trying to look for us. Once she saw me she dropped her suitcase and ran to me, jumping into my arms like she usually did. I wrapped my arms around her waist as her legs went around mine. I buried my face into her neck as we hugged and she jumped down. Rose walked up to us with her and Jules' suitcases in hand which I took from her and put in the car. Jules hugged Azzi while I hugged Rose and we all got in the car, Jules taking her passenger spot.

"Drew is so excited to meet you, Paige has been talking about you non-stop all week and he got all happy. It was so cute." Azzi admitted and if I could throw her out of the car right now I would. There was no reason to expose how much I talked about her. Jules just smiled and laughed, hopefully thinking nothing of it.

"Yeah Jules was doing the same like my whole family knows everything about Paige now." Rose said laughing with Azzi. I smiled but held it back by biting my lip. Jules blushed looking away. Probably feeling just as embarrassed as I did.

We got back to my house and the second we all walked in Drew ran to the door.

"Hi Drew." Jules said excitedly, kneeling down to be at his level.

"You're Jules right? Paige is always talking about you." He said laughing, making me pick him up and carry him out of the room. My dad walked in seeing me carrying Drew around before I put him down to introduce the girls.

"Dad, this is Jules and Rose." I said pointing at the girls. He stuck his hand out and shook their hands, smiling and doing his own introduction.

"Thank you for letting us stay, Mr Bueckers." Jules thanked him and he let out a chuckle.

"Just call me Bob, you're a part of the family." He said and I looked at Jules. The smile on her face made my world turn. Her dimples are more prominent now. Her eyes held so much depth and love that I could stare into them for hours, looking for every shade. Butterflies erupting in my stomach by just looking at her.

I shook out of my trance and showed Jules and Rose around before we sat down for dinner with my family.

"So Jules I hear you're on the media team right?" My dad asked.

"Yeah that's how I met Paige and Azzi." She responded from next to me.

"And Rose?" He questioned the attention now on Rose who was very disconnected from the conversation, just gazing lovingly at the mashed potatoes she was eating

"Oh no she's just my best friend so I dragged her around and she's basically a part of the team too." Jules replied for her, seeing Rose struggle to swallow in time to answer my dad's question.

The rest of the dinner was mostly questions directed towards Jules and she answered all of them with a smile on her face, never getting bored.

"You guys wanna go play?" Drew asked all of us.

"Of course I do." Jules said standing up and walking outside with Drew. We all followed after her.

"So me, Jules and Rose versus Paige and Azzi." Drew said smiling, very confident that his team was gonna win. They got first possession and my job was to guard Jules who had the ball. Luckily for her I had been showing her some tricks so she somewhat dribbled the ball and passed it to Drew who scored.

Azzi got the ball now and I ran to the hoop, Jules following after me in an attempt to guard me. Her back was to me and I stopped making her stumble into me slightly. My hands went around her waist from behind to stabilize her as a reflex and I almost missed the ball Azzi had passed to me but I got it and shot, obviously scoring.

The game continued like this until it was 6-3 and Drew declared me and Azzi the winners. His team walked off, a bunch of sore losers. We walked in after them and saw them watching a disney movie with Drew now. Rose was on the floor with Drew sitting way too close to the TV and Jules was sitting on the couch normally. I sat next to Jules and Azzi sat next to Drew.

"You were good, just not as good as me." I bragged and she just rolled her eyes, putting her head on my lap and facing the TV. My body froze, she never did this but I eventually relaxed and started playing with her hair.

"What's going on here?" My dad asked, walking in to the living room.

"We're watching Cars, Rose said that Lightning McQueen isn't even that cool." He gaped, moving away from Rose.

My dad took the spot on the couch next to me, seeing Jules' head on my lap and my fingers running through her hair. His eyebrows shot up. He gave me a look. One of those 'you like her huh?' looks. I couldn't keep the smile and blush off my face as I looked down at the girl in my lap. I looked back at my dad and he had the biggest smile on his face, looking between me and Jules.

"Anyone want popcorn?" He asked standing up, motioning for me to follow. I rubbed her arm and she moved her head, understanding I wanted to get up. We walked to the kitchen, far enough so no one else would hear us.

"You like Jules?" He asked for confirmation and I just nodded, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah I've known for a while but I'm just confused. She likes girls but I just don't know if she likes me." I admitted, looking back at her lying peacefully on the couch, wanting to run back and be there with her.

"Paige, trust me friends don't look at each other that way. I could tell you liked her from the second she walked in and she gives you the same look." He said, putting his hands on my shoulders.

"But how can I be sure?" I groaned out, frustrated that I couldn't just read her mind.

"You can't really but you'll know when the right time comes." He responded, grabbing the popcorn and walking back into the living room and I followed. When Jules saw me walk back she sat up, waiting for me to sit back down so she could put her head back on my lap.

Eventually we all got tired and wanted to head to bed. It was supposed to be me and Azzi sharing my room and Jules and Rose sharing the guest room but I didn't want to let her go. I didn't want to spend another morning waking up without her in my arms.

"Jules, do you mind if I room with Rose tonight, I just missed this bitch." Azzi said, winking at me before putting her arm around Rose's shoulder.

"No, not at all." Jules replied, grabbing her stuff and putting it in my room as they went to the guest room.

She walked into my bathroom, taking her makeup off and I followed like a lost puppy, sitting on the counter watching her.

"Let me try it." I said, mesmerized by her. She handed me the cotton pad before standing between my legs. I grabbed on to her chin softly, lifting her head up as I gilded the pad across her face. I was holding my breath, being as careful with my movements as I could be so I wouldn't hurt her. Once I was sure all the makeup was off I stopped and she opened her eyes, my hand still on her chin as she looked at me with those eyes that made me melt.

At that moment all I wanted was to pull her closer, have that moment with her but I stopped myself, dropping her chin and leaning back against the mirror. Giving myself some room to breathe and she left the spot between my legs. My heart was beating a thousand miles an hour trying to stay composed.

She walked out of the bathroom and to my bed, laying down as I layed next to her. My sheets already smelling like her. What was this girl doing to me? She put her head on my chest and her hands on my stomach, tracing figures on my stomach giving me goosebumps.

"Goodnight P." She said, closing her eyes. I leaned back. I couldn't be around her knowing all I wanted to do was kiss her now. That's not what friends do, or how friends should feel but I couldn't bring myself to stay away from her. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 1.7K 30
Paige x Reader "It's the love for the player not the game that draws me in." New Chapters every Wednesday* or whenever i feel like it
470K 8.1K 53
Paige Bueckers x fem reader Y/n Auriemma is the daughter of UCONN's Women's basketball coach. Unlike her father, she doesn't know the first thing abo...
55K 1K 12
IN WHICH a freshman basketball player falls for an older big shot teammate
49.4K 690 25
Y/n X Paige Bueckers Y/n isn't just an ordinary girl, she's the best player in the class of 2020... next to Paige Bueckers. Their beef has dated bac...