A New Perspective (Spider-Gwe...

By R3DSPADES

When you think of a Hero: you don't think of a Punk teenager. For instance; our brazen hero- "Alright, alri... More

Issue #0: Meet the Team
Issue #2: Comic Book Intervention

Issue #1: Earth-718

113 5 6
By R3DSPADES

Meanwhile...

...late at night on Earth-718

Our chaotic Hero is enjoying his usual night in New York City...

If you've never been to a Punk show...

You're missing out on some of the craziest nights of your life. Our adventitious Hero does not miss out on these amazing nights.

Hunter Ravens climbed onto the stage like the many other Punks have already done and then jumped onto the raging crowd. The spikes all over his clothes had poked, stabbed, sliced, slashed, and punctured the various people he crowd surfed over before he fell into the pit, nearly getting his face kicked and stomped on if it wasn't for his savior: his best friend.

Riley Morales pulled Hunter up by his arm, being careful of the spikes on his black leather jacket.

"You alright, man?!" Riley had to yell over the band and the crowd just so Hunter could hear him.

All Hunter could see was red and all he could hear is anarchy.

Before Riley could drag his best friend into a safe space so Hunter wouldn't get injured...again-the pit had dragged him in and he tried skanking and 2 stepping throughout the violent pit.

Riley got the back of head his kicked because he wasn't paying attention to anyone crowd surfing near him, then he got someone thrown into his back from the pit. He groaned in pain and was thinking of throwing punches until he saw his best friend, a fourteen year old, deck someone in the pit after that person threw somebody else into Riley.

A small fight breaks out before Riley saw Hunter be crowd surfed back to the stage.

Just to repeat the cycle all over again.

How did that crazy !#%@&$ talk him into tagging along to a Punk show?

He'll question that later when he has the time. Right now he's forcibly being thrown up into the air before joining the many others crowd surfing their way to a possible hospital bill.

His best friend doesn't seem to care.

That kid just tried running across the crowd before tripping and disappearing into the mass of people.

One more thing before the next panel: the band only started two songs ago.

⣿⣿⠛⠀⣿⣿⡟⢻⣿⣿⣿⡟⠃⢸⠛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣿⣿⣥⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⢻⣿⣋⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⣿⡟⣋⣭⡏⠈⠉⠺⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠋⠉⠁⠀⠉⠀⠈⠀⠀⣼⠳⡇⡹⠁⢈⡵⢖⠉⠈⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡿⢦⡏⣏⣶⣁⣀⣼⣷⠤⢼⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢐⣷⣤⠿⡿⣏⣉⣵⠯⡇⢠⠏⠀⠀⣾⣧⢠⡀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡅⢨⠓⢳⠊⠫⣠⠊⢈⡏⣀⣖⣶⣽⣺⣯⡇⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡞⡜⠀⠈⡄⡠⠿⡤⣿⣴⣻⢋⣿⣿⣽⣿⣷⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⣇⡈⠉⣻⣤⠞⡷⢿⡧⢻⣾⣮⣿⣽⢿⣿⠟⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⢤⢾⡇⢽⠤⣴⠔⢇⢸⣿⣚⠝⣿⣿⡫⣹⡏⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣠⢴⡶⠟⢫⡴⠙⡾⠠⡼⠤⢼⠖⠺⡅⣙⣽⡖⠛⣿⣞⣯⡀⠀⠀
⠀⢀⡴⠕⠉⢹⡴⠋⠉⡶⢅⣀⣇⣀⣀⡤⠤⢻⠁⠀⢻⣇⣱⡀⠘⡾⢷⡄

After the show...

...Our brazen Hero and exhausted friend review the night

Hunter and Riley had only recently exited the shows location somewhere in Brooklyn. Hunter had this permanent expression on his face that you could only describe as "a rush of a adrenaline." His heart would not stop racing, his body would remind him he's in pain when he wakes up the next day, and he consistently replays the events of everything that happened over and over again.

Riley was a different story. Hunter told him all the fun, hilarious, and insane things that happen at the Punk shows he goes to but when the first band played; Riley quickly realized that he wasn't cut out for it.

Everyone was either insane or possibly psychotic. Hunter told him that he just doesn't understand it like himself or the others at the show do.

Riley then remembered that Hunter, knowing how crazy the teen can get, was still the craziest person at the show.

He watched Hunter get into seven fights, only one of which he initiated the first punch, he kept running and jumping onto the crowd, yelling the lyrics to all the songs at the top of his lungs, and danced around in the pit like he was on the most insane drugs.

And the chaotic Punk teenager is STILL going on like he hasn't used up any of his energy.

While Hunter was rambling on about how fun the show was (for him), Riley got a notification on his phone and made a deep sigh.

"Hey, man, I got to go. It's work again." Riley shoved his phone back into his jackets pocket before turning to his best friend.

Hunter was continuing his rambling before his head suddenly snapped towards Riley's.

"Seriously? At this time? !#%@&$, why do you always have work?" Hunter frequently uses profanity instead of someone's actually name, usually calling them a !#%@&$ or a !#%@&$ and his favorite: !#%@&$.

"Because I got to-anyway, thanks for inviting me but I don't think I can handle one more Punk show." Riley waits for Hunter to dap him up but the chaotic teen just stared at him.

"This is why I don't invite y'all to my !#%@&$." Hunter daps him up nonetheless. Riley and their third Stooge, Josiah, are the only people Hunter would willingly call friends.

Out of everyone in their group; Hunters the outsider.

He's the only puzzle piece that doesn't fit in the group.

Riley and Josiah are the only people he likes to be around. Unfortunately Riley wasn't accepted into Brooklyn Visions while Hunter and Josiah were (Hunter is questionable but Josiah is understandable to be accepted into the school).

"What do you mean?" Riley narrowed his eyebrows with confusion.

Hunter scoffed while crossing his arms. "I expected you to like the idea of my kind of fun but you didn't like to actually be part of it."

"No, man, I liked the sh-" Riley was cut off by Hunters dismissive hand closing his jaw, Riley's used to Hunter random gestures and gesticulate nature, he understands Hunters body language the best out of everyone.

Right now it's telling him that Hunter knows the truth of what he is thinking, so there's no point in lying.

Riley gently shoved Hunters hand away from his jaw to speak again. "I'm sorry. It just wasn't my thing, ya know?"

Hunter sighed and gently bumps the back of his fist against Riley's shoulder, a gesture he usually does when he leaves, before calling out to Riley.

"Go be a sheep then. I got to head back to jail, call me when you're available for another hangout." Hunter waved three fingers behind him, another way of saying "see ya later" for him. (He counts his fingers the German way, so thumb is 1-Editor)

⣿⣿⠛⠀⣿⣿⡟⢻⣿⣿⣿⡟⠃⢸⠛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣿⣿⣥⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡟⢻⣿⣋⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠿⣿⡟⣋⣭⡏⠈⠉⠺⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠋⠉⠁⠀⠉⠀⠈⠀⠀⣼⠳⡇⡹⠁⢈⡵⢖⠉⠈⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡿⢦⡏⣏⣶⣁⣀⣼⣷⠤⢼⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢐⣷⣤⠿⡿⣏⣉⣵⠯⡇⢠⠏⠀⠀⣾⣧⢠⡀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡅⢨⠓⢳⠊⠫⣠⠊⢈⡏⣀⣖⣶⣽⣺⣯⡇⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡞⡜⠀⠈⡄⡠⠿⡤⣿⣴⣻⢋⣿⣿⣽⣿⣷⣿⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⣇⡈⠉⣻⣤⠞⡷⢿⡧⢻⣾⣮⣿⣽⢿⣿⠟⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⢤⢾⡇⢽⠤⣴⠔⢇⢸⣿⣚⠝⣿⣿⡫⣹⡏⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣠⢴⡶⠟⢫⡴⠙⡾⠠⡼⠤⢼⠖⠺⡅⣙⣽⡖⠛⣿⣞⣯⡀⠀⠀
⠀⢀⡴⠕⠉⢹⡴⠋⠉⡶⢅⣀⣇⣀⣀⡤⠤⢻⠁⠀⢻⣇⣱⡀⠘⡾⢷⡄

Hunter returns to Visions Academy (Jail for him) late at night when the entire school, including the dorms that he needs to get back to, are locked up until the morning. The head of security, C. Salas, seemed to have a personal problem with Hunter in particular.

Take a guess why.

Hunter spotted the few security guards flashlights patrolling his usual spots he sneaks in and out of the school, but unbeknownst to them; the boy always has a way to sneak back in and out of the school.

Once inside; the Punk teenager does some smooth ass 2 stepping down the hallway while whispering the lyrics to some of the songs played at the show earlier this night.

He quietly chuckled to himself and then grinned devilishly.

"I can't wait until Callous sees me in the morning."

Hunter bummed the instrumental of the song playing in his before-

"Gunned down! Gunned down!" And he's lost to the music again.

...

Hunter groans as he opens his eyes to find that disappointment has come to awaken him. The morning light burning through his eyes while he hears the muffled sounds of students getting ready and heading to class.

He rolled off the top bunk, he would've hit the floor if he didn't catch the beds railing to straighten himself upright, allowing his feet to hit the floor. He opens the shared closest with his foot before letting his shoulder fall onto the wall to lean against.

He scoffs at the sight of the Visions academy uniform he has to wear everyday at school. As he got ready, putting on his accessory clothing (his two studded belts, studded bracelets, his neon red suspenders, etc) along with the visions academy uniform (He always rolls the sleeves up to below his elbow-Editor); the dorms door shot open.

"You're still getting ready? Come on, man. We can't skip out on breakfast!" His friend, Josiah Gomez, hustled Hunter who did not change his pace whatsoever.

"!#%@&$ this school. !#%@&$ school in general." Hunter grabbed his Spider-Punk vest he likes to wear for causal days along with his backpack that is mostly filled with comic books and then headed out the dorm with Josiah to breakfast.

...

"You hear Spider-Man stopped Shocker last night? He said Shocker wasn't the cause of those earthquakes we've been getting, wonder what is causing 'em."

Hunter overheard two other students talk about his favorite superhero: Spider-Man while he ate his breakfast with Josiah joining him at their usual eating spot a second later.

"Shocker..." Hunter muttered to himself, making a pun while also subtly insulting the two students.

"What did you say?" Josiah asked, thinking Hunter failed to start another conversation.

"Those two idiots thought Shocker was the one causing the earthquakes we've been getting." Hunter spoke while also scarfing down his food.

"It...isn't Shocker who's doing that?"

Hunters eyes snapped up to look at his friend with slight disappointment. Hunter quickly sighed and barely flicked the edge of his plate.

"Seriously? You too?" Hunter hooked his feet under the seat beside Josiah and then crossed arms while slightly leaning back.

"Shocker doesn't have the power nor the tech to cause those earthquakes-disturbances maybe, but not an earthquake all the boroughs could feel." Hunter glanced around at the students who showed up for breakfast and the ones leaving early for class.

"You sure you hate school? Kierstyn told me you're acing all of your classes. For someone so clever you sure act stupid."

You see, if Josiah wasn't Hunters friend; this conversation would've gone a different way but since Josiah is Hunters friend, he doesn't care what he says to him or calls him.

"Just because I'm smart doesn't mean I like school-also how does 'Mom' know about my grades?" Hunter leaned back forward, propping his right leg up next to him while his left swung back and forth along the floor.

Before Josiah could say anything, Hunter felt a hand clap briefly land on his shoulder before it retracted by the sudden poke from the spikes on his Spider-Punk vest.

"Mr. Ravens! You're validating dress code and I know for a fact you snuck back into the school last night!"

Without missing a beat or turning around to face the nuisance that is school security Hunter defends himself.

"Any Proof, Security Guard Callous?"

C. Salas, the head of security at Visions Academy was once again baffled by the boys defiance and disrespect towards...nearly everything and everyone.

"I bet I'll find you on the security foo-"

Hunter laughs, mocking the security guard even further, the boy didn't even have the slightest care to turn to face him.

"So you think I snuck back into the school last night, you don't have any proof, but you think you do." Hunter scoffed, opening his backpack beside him and pulling out an Uncanny X-Men (2013-2015) issue to begin catching up on where he left off at.

"Reasonable suspicion doesn't allow you to take me into your security office and call my parents-nor will it get me expelled." Hunter started multitasking while Salas's anger increased with intensity.

"Once you get your proof, I'll let ya take me in. But you won't be able to get rid of me...I just want to put that on your conscious." Hunter briefly turned his head to the side so Salas could see his sadistic smirk before returning back to his comic book.

"I'll get my proof...Mr. Gomez, I need to speak with you for a moment." Salas started walking away, Josiah glanced at Salas and then back at Hunter who didn't seem to mind.

Josiah sighed and eventually followed Salas to a corner of the cafeteria while Hunter read his comic book before suddenly packing up, quickly finishing whatever was left over of his breakfast and headed to class.

"Security footage that doesn't exist? Sure, go ahead and find it. Be my guest, !#%@&$." Hunter noticed a few too many students were watching him again, he's the biggest troublemaker at the school so he's the victim of too many rumors.

Gossip wasn't his thing. He wasn't a coward to face rumors and he doesn't believe anything until it's proven as fact or knows it's right.

He doesn't care, like at all, but he hates that the majority of people are stupid enough to believe rumors.

"Keep staring at what greatness looks like. You'll never see it again once I'm out of here." He jokes to himself, not minding the few weird stares he got when some of the students heard him speak to himself.

Hunter realized he didn't have any of his notebooks so he quickly jogged to his locker. He always forgets his PIN number so he has other ways to open it. After lock picking his own lock, he grabs his notebooks and a few comics he left in there.

He pauses as he grabs the last comic in his locker, staring at the cover of it.

It was a Spider-Gwen comic, the first comic he got to help write at MARVEL. He examined it for a few more moments and sighs.

"There's no girl like Gwen Stacy, is there?" He thinks to himself. His ex had told him to stop obsessing over comic book characters after his Uncle gave him a job as a Comic Writer at MARVEL which prompted Hunter to break up with her.

Hunter hates authority, which is why he'll never be in a relationship where his significant other tries to tell him to not do something he loves to do.

What's wrong with obsessing over comic book characters? (Obviously some people go too far-Editor)

Hunter put the comic away in his bag then turned to leave but he got a locker opened into his face by the person beside him.

He didn't even flinch as the locker door slammed into his nose, he brought his hand up to rub his nose.

"Thanks jackaaaahhhhhhh-" Hunter clapped his hand to his mouth to shut himself up when he gets a look of the person.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to...I...are you ok?" The short haired blonde winced as she watched Hunters nose get redder by the second.

Hunter, who tried focusing his thoughts from going into that place in his mind, dropped his hand and chuckled to ease the blondes tension.

"Yes, I'm good, I've...been through worse." Hunter flicked his nose to show he really was fine.

She wasn't that much shorter than him, she was 5'2 while Hunter was 5'6 as of now. At first glance she is attractive but the more Hunter looks at her, he can't stop himself from getting lost in her eyes. "Focus, Hunter. You broke up with Allie barely a month ago, no need to think about starting another relationship."

"Are you sure? Your cheeks are getting red-"

Hunter dismissively waved her words off. "Hey, I'm good. Trust me, I've been through much worse."

Hunter titled his chin up, showing three slashes along his jaw. "This guy at a Punk show missed his punch but he had a bracelet like mine, so he !#%@&$ slashed me." Hunter chuckled at the blondes slightly shocked expression.

"Yeah, that happens a lot at Punk shows. The last one I went to, there was this couple that got into a fight with another couple. One of the girls had gotten her tooth knocked out and one of the guys got their face beaten in." (This really happened when I last went, comment if you want more detail after-Editor)

The blonde chuckled in disbelief, "Crazy, right?"

Hunters face suddenly lit up like a lightbulb. He formed a goofy grin for a moment, not caring how childish it makes him seem.

"You like Punk?" Hunter leaned forward.

"Yeah, I'm in-was! I was in a band, we played Punk music most of the time-but we broke up once I came here...school has taken up most of my time, ya know?" The blonde awkwardly said.

"Yeah...I get that." Hunter not so subtly gave her a once over (that she definitely noticed) and then straightened back upright.

"Names Hunter. I can tell you're new here, blondie." Hunter grinned when he noticed the slightest hint of pink in her cheeks.

"How can you tell I'm new...?" The blonde seemed to get worried, for whatever it was Hunter did not know. He can tell she's enjoying the conversation but something is causing her to worry about something.

"Nobody had been assigned to the locker to my left until now. That and no girl here is as beautiful as you are." Hunter playfully grinned as the blonde giggled.

"You're straight to the point, huh?" The blonde couldn't help but giggle along with Hunters genuine laugh.

"I'd say more honest than straightforward." The two enjoyed the growing silence between them before Hunter spoke up again.

"What's your name, blondie?" Hunter shoved his hands into the pockets of his vest.

"I'm Gweeeeee-aaaaaaannnnddddaaa?" Even she seemed confused about her own name.

Hunter laughed for a few seconds, "oh man-your name is Gwanda?" His grin was infectious.

"At least he bought that..." Gwanda thought to herself.

"Yes. It's African-" Hunter easily catches all her slip ups, "-I'm South African, uh no accent though cause I was raised here." She said awkwardly.

Hunter chuckled, suppressing his laughter.

"Oh, yeah, totally understand."

Gwanda narrowed her eyebrows. "You do?"

"I was born in Australia, my Dad was born in some Slavic country and my Mom is from Melbourne. But I was raised here since I was four." Hunter chuckled to himself, his brain rapid firing all the things he could say to the blonde in milliseconds.

"But I'm thinking of introducing myself to a girl from South Africa. You might know her."

Gwanda genuinely laughed and decided to play along.

"Really? What does she look like?" She tightened her hug on her books, subtly making herself equal height with Hunter by standing on her tippy toes with perfect balance.

"Short blonde hair, this mesmerizing pair of blue eyes that not even the entirety of the ocean could rival, an eyebrow piercing that looks good on her but if it was anyone else it wouldn't work, she's got this funky yet cute name, and may I just say she's got one hot-"

Gwe-Gwanda, sorry, playfully flicked Hunters nose to stop him from saying whatever else he was gonna say. She giggled at his mocking reaction to being flicked.

"I'll be on the lookout for her...but I don't want to be late on my first day." Gwanda subtly tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, waiting for Hunters response.

"Then I won't hold you up-even though I would just love to make you mine. I'll catch you later, Gwanda." Hunter laughed as she tried to playfully shove his shoulder for making fun of her name, but he effortlessly avoided it.

"Don't laugh at my name! You're no better!"

At this moment the two quickly forgotten that the bell was about to ring.

"The name Hunter is better than Gwanda. I don't think Gwanda is even a name, you're the only Gwanda in the world. Can I give you a new name?"

"A new name? You're suggestions are not gonna be any better."

"Beautiful, My one and only, babe, sweetheart, honey-"

"-ok, that's enough out of you."

The pair laughed together before settling back into another silence. They didn't understand why but they just enjoyed staring into each others eyes for the moment.

Until the bell brought them back to reality.

"Uh-I better go! I'll catch you later...?" Gwanda asked as Hunter just watched her start leaving.

"It's pretty easy to catch me, Blondie." Hunter grinned at the blonde as she grinned at him.

"Catch ya later, Gwanda." Hunter nodded to her, not caring if he'll be late. Gwanda nodded back to him and started her fast walk to her class.

"Oh, and one last thing!" Hunter called out to her. She stopped in her tracks and spun around to lock eyes with him again.

"Welcome to Jail-I mean, Visions Academy, Gwanda."

Gwanda genuinely laughed and waved goodbye to him for now as she heads off to her first class...too bad she can't share her real name.

Hunter watched her go until she disappeared around the corner, not so subtly checking her out when she had turned away from him.

He celebrated to himself, jumping up and clicking his heels together before beginning a slow skank to his 1st period.

Hunter then dived back into his thoughts.

"She looked familiar..." Hunter searched through his memory of blondes but he had no luck.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣆⣀⣀⢀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣤⡎⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⠈⢣⡉⠉⠙⠚⠙⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⢾⠓⠛⠉⢉⡽⠀⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣰⠋⠀⠀⣹⣧⣆⣠⣀⡼⣆⠀⢀⣴⢿⣲⣤⣤⡤⡏⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀
⠠⣀⡴⠃⠀⠀⣴⡿⠙⢿⣇⡀⠀⠸⣎⢨⠏⠀⠀⣁⡼⠁⢱⡀⠀⠀⠘⢦⣀⡤
⠀⠈⢿⠲⢤⣰⠟⢁⣠⣾⠿⣿⣿⣯⣿⣯⠿⣿⣿⡿⣟⠀⠀⠑⣤⠤⠒⡿⠁⠀
⠀⠀⠈⢧⠀⠹⡉⢻⣟⣻⣆⣩⣾⣍⣿⡿⣄⣾⣟⢀⣿⣶⠞⢉⠇⠀⡼⠁⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢸⡂⢀⣇⠀⣹⠉⠛⣿⣿⡿⢿⡿⣿⣿⣿⠋⣠⡿⡆⢸⠀⢠⡇⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢸⡁⣼⣿⣿⣟⣷⣾⠿⣿⣦⠀⣠⣴⣿⣿⠿⣿⣻⣁⣘⣄⠠⡇⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⢬⡉⠒⠿⣋⠙⣷⣬⠿⣷⣾⢿⣇⣽⣿⣣⠔⠒⠉⡬⠟⠉⠙⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢆⠀⠈⢆⣼⠟⣶⡸⣟⡾⢽⣿⡟⠁⠀⣰⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢧⠀⡼⠿⢧⡟⢷⣯⢱⡬⠿⢿⠀⡼⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⡁⠀⠀⠙⣿⣻⠇⠀⠀⢈⣷⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠁⠉⠓⢦⣀⠘⡏⢀⡴⠚⠉⠀⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢮⣿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Later on...

Hunter did his usual routine when his Uncle asks him to come into work to continue writing: Leave Visions Academy early, take a train to Manhattan and then walk to a building with a familiar red and white logo that spells "MARVEL" on the side of it.

Hunter had already emptied his backpack of his school supplies and packed his needed items for his job. How he got this job at fourteen, you'll soon find out.

Hunter nonchalantly opens one of the front doors with his boot and then heads towards the elevator, being greeted by many employees like usual before entering the elevator.

He hits the button for the 18th floor and sighs. He swings his backpack around to search through all the comics he brought with him to catch up on the stories. As a comic book fan, Hunter likes to keep the trope of the craziness that comic book writers come up with while also writing fun and good stories that don't traumatize or ruin the characters. (Author here-I do traumatize MY characters a lot)

Hunter heads to the his writers room specifically given to him and takes out all the comic book stories he needs to write the next issue of while also finding some notes about the next Spider-Man story he was asked to help write.

There's a lot but he manages to get it done in record time. It could be do to his hyperphantasia or his ability to write so much in such a little timeframe.

He glanced at the Spider-Geddon issues he's suppose to help write, unfortunately he's not the main writer assigned to it but at least he gets to write many other of his favorite comics.

A knock at the door alerted Hunter, a second later the door opens to reveal Hunters Uncle.

"Hey, Uncle Stan, how is everything going?" Hunter gets up from his chair to hug his Uncle, accidentally knocks the stack of comics he made, spilling them over his desk.

"I'll fix that in a second-" Hunter quickly eyed the mess and then hugged his Uncle.

"I'm doing just fine, kid. I actually came in here to ask how you're doing." Uncle Stan has an amazing character, he's part of the whole reason Hunters into comics, and he's the reason why Hunter gets to write comics here at MARVEL.

"Bored, the days feel like they're repeating themselves, and of course when I end a relationship with a chick...another girl shows up and seems to be too perfect for my anarchic !#%@&$ to be with." Hunter crossed his arms, remembering Gwanda's mesmerizing features. It may not have seem like it but Hunter was actually nervous, he's usually a little too confident with what he says but he felt like he should've been careful not to fumble up anything he said when he talked to her.

Hunters body language says it all. If he was relaxed he would've been leaning against the lockers the entire time while talking with her.

"Ah, I understand too well." Uncle Stan nods understandably, promoting Hunter to give him the Rocks eyebrow stare meme.

"Yep, young love, when I was-"

Hunter put a hand up to stop his Uncle from continuing. "I don't need to hear any of that, Uncle Stan..."

Hunter begins fixing his mess of comics and once again the last comic he grabs is that same Spider-Gwen comic from earlier. He stares at the white and pink mask of the Superheroine and sighs before putting the comic in his backpack and leaving the rest on his desk.

His Uncle noticed his nephews uncharacteristic silence. He sighed and strolled over to the front of Hunters desk.

"You know...I didn't call you into work for you to continue writing. You're parents asked me to-"

"-Check up on me? Yeah that's expected of them." Hunter scoffed and checked his phone to see if his parents did try messaging him which they did.

"I know I'm just your Uncle but they are your parents. I understand why you don't want to listen to them but they are your parents."

Hunter glanced at his Uncle for a moment and then glanced at the Amazing Fantasy #15 comic framed on the wall with many other original comics.

"Talk to them. They love you no matter what. Tomorrows Friday, message them tomorrow and tell them you're staying home with them for the weekend."

Hunter glanced up at Uncle Stan again. He was unable to control the grin that spread across his face when he saw Stans grin.

"Alright, fine. I'll message them tomorrow." Hunter gets a new notification on his phone, he glanced at it and noticed it was from Riley.

Riley: "Uncle Aaron wants to show us something. Get your-"

Hunter didn't read the rest.

"Uh, since you said I don't have to write today...could I head out for today?" Hunter swayed his chair left and right, something he just does in chairs that spin.

"I know you'll finish writing everything before the due date. You don't have to worry about asking if you can leave early, kid." Hunter smiled and stood up, yoinking his backpack as he walks around his desk. He quickly hugs his Uncle and heads for the door.

"Face Front, True Believer!" Hunter shouts as he opens the door to leave.

"Excelsior!" Stan calls back.

"EXCELSIOR!!!" Hunter yells as he heads out the door. He always got to take it a step ahead.

Stan chuckled at the kids antics and then looked around the room at the many comics Hunter treasures.

He smiled.

"A True Believer..."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⡰⠞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⢊⠎⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠓⠒⠯⣁⢢⡀⠀⠀⠀⡆⡎⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⡀⠄⢀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢌⢂⠀⢸⢠⠃⣀⠄⠒⠒⠢⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠘⠉⠁⠚⠦⢍⡒⠀⡀⠀⠈⡄⠇⡇⣼⠞⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⡸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠒⢄⡁⢄⢸⢒⣇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡴⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠤⠄⡸⠥⠋⠀⠀⠐⢀⣀⣀⢤⠎⠒⣒⣒⣀⣲⡠⢀⠀
⠀⠀⣀⡤⠐⣊⡥⠜⠒⠒⢒⣳⢡⡀⠀⠀⠀⡼⡾⠖⣈⣉⡉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠑⠳
⢠⡪⠔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠗⠹⣌⢤⣦⡠⢺⣝⢏⠒⠓⠠⠴⢅⣂⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⢀⢨⡻⠃⠹⡀⢊⣦⢗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢮⡆⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⣹⢹⢻⢨⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠃⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⢲⠘⣆⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣸⢀⣇⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⢸⠘⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Riley and Josiah were laughing on the couch as Uncle Aaron had finished making the popcorn for them while the movie played. Hunter glanced up at the apartment above and noticed the fire escape latter was too far up to reach.

Hunter scoffed at this pathetic challenge and proceeded to jump on top of the dumpster below the ladder and examine the buildings wall for any ledge he could use to hoist himself up.

Hunter placed his boot on top of a brick weathered enough for him to put his tippy toes on and then launched himself up, barely grabbing onto the ladder which caused it to drop down with him.

Hunter laughed, as he always does when doing something dangerous, and climbed up.

"He said he'll be here in half an hour." Riley shrugged as the three were thinking of heading out of Hunter didn't show in a few minutes.

"Hey! !#%@&$, it's your favorite white boy!" Hunter yells as he slams himself against the apartments window and did some gesture I will not describe in detail.

Uncle Aaron starts laughing so hard he nearly drops the popcorn as he takes it out of the microwave. Josiah and Riley joined him in the laughter.

Once inside, Hunter tosses himself onto the couch, nearly crashing onto Riley and Josiah.

"Ran into another crackhead on the subway, and I felt like I was being followed too but there was nothin'." Hunter snatched a handful of popcorn after Uncle Aaron put it on the table in front of them.

"Josiah told us you were talking to a girl before 1st period." Riley smirked, almost evilly as he has only gotten the chance to embarrass Hunter twice throughout their 7 year friendship.

"I thought Callous had you distracted..." Hunter slowly turned to Josiah with cat-like eyes.

Josiah chuckled and shrugged. "Oh, yeah. He tried getting me to snitch on you. What are you gonna do about the security footage?"

Hunter brought out his phone and went to one of his conversations with a fellow student that is part of the computer club-class-whatever it is, he doesn't care as long as the kid doesn't betray his trust, which he won't because Hunter knows he's a loyal ally.

"This that Nickles kid?"

Hunter nodded after taking one last handful of popcorn. Riley seemed to be the only one trying to return back to the first topic but everyone purposely ignored him.

"Yeah, remember when we first got in jail-sorry, Visions-and that pathetic !#%@&$ jock group 'ruled' over the school?" Hunter said while chewing.

Josiah nodded and then gaped, "Nickles was one of their main targets of bullying." Hunter hummed to confirm it.

"Punk-!#%@&$ kids..." Uncle Aaron muttered, then remember Hunter is a literal Punk-!#%@&$ kid.

"No offense, kid."

Hunter chuckled, "I take it as a compliment. Because I'm not a poser like those !#%@&$. I'm an actual Punk." Hunter then waved his hands around.

"Ok, anyway-those !#%@&$ bullied him and you know me, I despise that !#%@&$ and so that was my first fight at Visions." Hunter then stopped himself from explaining the long version of the story.

"Freddy (Nickles first name) eventually came to me and asked for a favor. So I offered him a deal instead, I'll get those !#%@&$ expelled from Visions and keep bullies off his back while he will delete security footage for me." A few strands of his long hair fell into his eyes, causing him to wince for a moment.

"So, any footage of me sneaking in or out of school doesn't exist." Hunter puts the edge of the heels of his boots on the edge of the table in front of them.

"You one terrifying kid, Ravens." Uncle Aaron comments before Riley has his chance to continue the first topic.

"So...this girl-"

"Riley, it's hasn't even been a month since I broke up with Allie. I'm not thinkin' of starting another relationship right now...but I call dibs."

Riley gawked at his best friend. "Dibs? You can't call dibs on a girl!"

"Yes you can. This constitution is fully endorsed and sanctioned by the International Dibs-Calling Committee (IDCC)." Hunter grabbed his phone from Josiah and went to the rules of dibs.

"Dibs, also known as The Call. Dibs may be made on any single person, whose sexual gender meets the preference of the caller. Dibs is called to reserve the target of the call the Target for the caller only, preventing others from approaching the Target for a set period of time. A Dibs call ensures a reasonable opportunity to seduce the Target without competition. These rules are definitive and binding."

"Okay-okay, enough. I get it...you got a picture though?" Riley leaned back on the couch and smirked.

Hunter didn't seem fazed at all by Riley's attempt of teasing him. "No, I haven't even talked to her for 10 minutes yet."

"I have a picture, I gotcha." Josiah took out his phone and opened his photos to show the picture of Hunter talking to Gwanda. It was taken when the two just stared into each others eyes in silence.

"GGGYYYYAAAA-" Hunter went to spike his best friend which is studded bracelet but he managed to soften the blow.

"She doesn't even look real! This is a person?! Seriously?!" Riley snagged Josiah's phone and zoomed in to get a better look of Gwanda.

The four troublemakers were silent for a moment as they waited for someone to speak up about it.

"There's no way your pulling her." Riley suddenly said.

"Oh !#%@&$ you, you !#%@&$ !#%@&$ !#%@&$." Hunter grabbed Josiah's phone and gave it back to him.

"I don't want to hear anymore girl talk right now. What are we going to do again?" Hunter waved his hand dismissively at Riley.

"I got a spot y'all kids ain't ever gonna believe." Uncle Aaron says, getting up from the couch to grab his jacket and shoes.

Hunter looks down at his phone as another notification got his attention.

Step-!#%@&$: "Are you coming home for the weekend?"

Hunter stared at the message for a moment and then scoffed. "Then let's hustle up, I got an important stalking session tomorrow."

The three laughed at his joke and then the teenagers followed Uncle Aaron to the subway.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⡰⠞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⢊⠎⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠓⠒⠯⣁⢢⡀⠀⠀⠀⡆⡎⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⡀⠄⢀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢌⢂⠀⢸⢠⠃⣀⠄⠒⠒⠢⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠘⠉⠁⠚⠦⢍⡒⠀⡀⠀⠈⡄⠇⡇⣼⠞⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⡸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠒⢄⡁⢄⢸⢒⣇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡴⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠤⠄⡸⠥⠋⠀⠀⠐⢀⣀⣀⢤⠎⠒⣒⣒⣀⣲⡠⢀⠀
⠀⠀⣀⡤⠐⣊⡥⠜⠒⠒⢒⣳⢡⡀⠀⠀⠀⡼⡾⠖⣈⣉⡉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠑⠳
⢠⡪⠔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠗⠹⣌⢤⣦⡠⢺⣝⢏⠒⠓⠠⠴⢅⣂⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⢀⢨⡻⠃⠹⡀⢊⣦⢗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢮⡆⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⣹⢹⢻⢨⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠃⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⢲⠘⣆⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣸⢀⣇⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⢸⠘⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

(Warning: if you have arachnophobia there is a picture of one below. As an Australian I can not relate to people with arachnophobia)

They illegally went into the subway tunnel and took a side route to a fenced off area. They all easily climbed over the tall fence and were lead to a open room with a ton of graffiti all over the walls (that was visible to them once Uncle Aaron flipped a switch).

"Brooklyn!" Riley yelled out which made a continuous echo for a few seconds.

Hunter examined the room with awe, tossing his backpack onto the couch in the middle of the room.

"There's a lotta history on these walls..." Uncle Aaron reminisced.

Hunter eyed the plain wall in front of the couch, opening his backpack to grab some spray paint Uncle Aaron asked him to take.

Riley and Josiah were given some Spray paint as well. The three simultaneously shook the cans and got ready to make art. While Uncle Aaron provided the music.

While the three teenagers painted their own section of the wall, unbeknownst to them all was a giant Spider with bioluminescent features...almost like a different dimension of color, shading, and even animation. On it's abdomen the number "7" was glowing red.

(Imagine it animated of course)

It traveled down the wall and then behind the couch Uncle Aaron was sitting on.

"Woah, slow down." Uncle Aaron tried guiding and teaching the kids to do it properly and make their art as best as possible.

Hunter was lost in his own world at the moment as he set up this Punk art style for when he spray paints the other colors he wants.

The giant Spider, definitely some kind of tarantula, followed Uncle Aaron to the wall with the teenagers and it tried finding the right opportunity to climb up on the ladder that Hunter was using to spray paint directly on the middle of the wall.

Once it realized it couldn't do that without being caught it fled back to the couch. It changed its colors to match with its surroundings.

"Alright, I'm gonna need a little help here." Hunter placed his back against the wall, standing on the top of a ladder as Uncle Aaron finishing making the white outline of Hunters figure while on the inside of his outline was pitch black.

"No Responsibility"

Is Hunters art with a Punk art style to it.

Riley's was "No Expectations" and Josiah's was "No Disappointment" with their own unique art style.

"I see exactly what y'all are doing here..." Uncle Aaron was really impressed and proud with their art, remembering his teenage years of doing the same thing with his brother and friends.

"You know, me and all yo Dads used to do this back in the day." Uncle Aaron mentions.

Hunter didn't really care to listen at that point. Hunters Dad left before he was born, his Step-dad has been trying to be a parental figure to him since the beginning. His Step-Dad has been with his mom since Hunter was born, but he doesn't seem him as a parent.

Hunters eyes suddenly snapped towards his backpack.

He thought he saw his backpack move but amused it was just his long hair playing tricks with him again.

Uncle Aaron's phone buzzed, gaining Rileys attention. "Alright, boys...I gotta roll." Uncle Aaron side eyed his nephew Riley, who was doing the same before the three got up and started leaving.

Hunter packed up the leftover spray paint, putting one last can in his bag before-

"!#%@&$!!!!!!!!!" Hunter retracted his hand away from his bag, which pulled whatever bit him along with his hand, causing the thing to fly across the room and smack into the wall. The impact was enough to kill the creature.

Hunter glanced over at the creature and realized it was a giant colorful tarantula.

"You alright, man?" The three had turned back to check up on him.

Hunter stared at the tarantula for a moment. "Yeah...yeah I'm alright."

He didn't want to say anything but he can feel his blood flowing much more rapidly and it feels warmer. Those fangs had sunk pretty deep into his hand, the evidence was the two bleeding holes on his hand.

"I'm good." Hunter said more confidently.

The lights were switched off and the four left the room.

Leaving the glowing Spider as it violently glitched out before returning to normal.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⡰⠞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⢊⠎⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠓⠒⠯⣁⢢⡀⠀⠀⠀⡆⡎⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⡀⠄⢀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢌⢂⠀⢸⢠⠃⣀⠄⠒⠒⠢⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠘⠉⠁⠚⠦⢍⡒⠀⡀⠀⠈⡄⠇⡇⣼⠞⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⡸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠒⢄⡁⢄⢸⢒⣇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡴⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠤⠄⡸⠥⠋⠀⠀⠐⢀⣀⣀⢤⠎⠒⣒⣒⣀⣲⡠⢀⠀
⠀⠀⣀⡤⠐⣊⡥⠜⠒⠒⢒⣳⢡⡀⠀⠀⠀⡼⡾⠖⣈⣉⡉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠑⠳
⢠⡪⠔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠗⠹⣌⢤⣦⡠⢺⣝⢏⠒⠓⠠⠴⢅⣂⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⢀⢨⡻⠃⠹⡀⢊⣦⢗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢮⡆⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⣹⢹⢻⢨⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠃⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⢲⠘⣆⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣸⢀⣇⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⢸⠘⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

The next morning Hunter awoke with a killer headache. He tried blocking the sun with his pillow but the damage had already been done, his eyes burned and started watering. He growled at the assault of sunlight before rolling off of the top bunk, doing his usual routine but when he grabbed the railing on the top bunk: he crushed it.

Hunter looked at the crushed part of the railing and then went to the closet before realizing that he actually did just crush part of the railing.

"...da !#%@&$...?" Hunter just shook his head and grabbed his set of clothes for the day before he went to take a shower.

Once he returned to the dorm, Josiah was there staring at the crushed part of the railing.

"Hey...Josiah..." Hunter rubbed his skull, his eyes were burning yet his vision was clear, he never liked wearing his glasses but he's noticed he doesn't need them anymore.

"Did you do that?" Josiah pointed out the obvious.

Hunter looked up at the railing and took a deep breath.

"So I'm not schizophrenic...?" Hunter muttered to himself, but Josiah heard him.

"If we get searched they're gonna noticed that!"

Hunter shrugged, his brain muffled out all the noise because it grew louder and louder. Every tiny noise sounds like it was blasted inside his ears.

"Yeah...yeah...I'll deal with that later...I'm hungry..." Hunter clumsily got dressed for the day, Josiah said he'll meet him at the cafeteria for breakfast but all Hunter heard was "mmfmfmfmmfmfmfmmf."

The door opens up with nobody leaving, the students nearby watched as Hunter nearly falls face first onto the floor before his own body prevented him from hitting the floor.

"The floor...was so close..."

Hunter looked to his left as if he heard himself speak to his left.

"...why are my thoughts so...loud...?"

Hunter looked around as he thought he saw his own thoughts appear in Caption boxes like a Comic book.

"...so weird...I'm walking but I'm not doing it...on purpose..."

"...people are staring again...?"

Hunter could barely make out the images of everything as his vision seemed to do a breathing motion between blurry and perfectly clear.

"...something is telling me to do something..."

"...but what is that something?"

Hunter noticed a pair of light blue shoes, or he thinks those are shoes and a pair of legs, in front of a locker.

"Beautiful color-"

Hunters entire head vibrated with such intensity that he thought a jackhammer was pounding his skull. It happened when he tried looking at who owned the shoes.

His body then continued leading him to the cafeteria.

The owner of those shoes side eyed Hunter as he stumbled his way through the hall. They had felt the same feeling in their head but it wasn't as intense as Hunters since he hasn't gotten used to it.

Josiah sat down with the rest of the friend group, he spotted Hunter stumbling into the cafeteria. The Punk teenager constantly winced as he got his food and headed over to the group before pretty much crashing onto the table.

"...this isn't funny to me right now..."

Hunter was literally laid across the floor while his food was luckily safe on the table despite crashing with him.

The group just watched Hunter as he picks himself up and plops down onto his seat, laying his forehead against the tabletop.

"What's up with you today, Son?" Kierstyn/the friend he calls 'Mom' because she looks like his Mom.

"Society...that's what's wrong..." Hunters words slurred before he tried lifting his head up which just failed.

The group of teens looked to Josiah for answers but he only gave them a shrug.

"Ravens!"

"Great...a bigger headache..."

Salas came marching over to the table and was about to grab Hunters shoulder but his wrist was suddenly catch by Hunter who was still laying his head down on the table.

"Callous, I ain't dealing with your !#%@&$ today...go bother some other student who cares about their reputation."

Salas tried pulling his wrist out of Hunters grip but Hunters hand didn't want to let go. Hunter seemed to realize this as well, he tried pulling his hand off of Salas's wrist but that only caused the security guard to groan in pain as he felt his skin being ripped off.

"Hey! Ravens, let go or you will get sent to the principals office-"

"-I'm trying Paul Blart!" Hunter started panicking and before he would've actually ripped the skin off of the security guards wrist, a gentle hand was placed on top of Hunters wrist.

It was Miss Calleros: one of the three staff members who actually wants Hunter to stay in the school.

"Mr. Salas, Hunter, relax."

Hunters hand suddenly unsticks itself from the man's wrist, which surprised Hunter but then he quickly realizes something.

"I'll handle this, Mr. Salas." She dismissed the security guard who begrudgingly left while rubbing his wrist.

"Hunter, a word please? You can bring your breakfast if you need to." Miss Calleros walked towards the hallway that leads to her classroom.

Hunter sighed, picking up his tray of food and followed his teacher.

Hunter dragged a chair over to the front of Miss Calleros desk with his boot and then scarfed down his food in a surprisingly small amount of time.

"Sorry, I was really hungry..." He leaned back and waited to here what he's been told before.

"Hunter, you didn't come into class yesterday. I understand that you finish all your assignments even before we start them and you are acing all of your classes, but you still need to show up for classes."

Hunter scratched the back of his head, which felt weird to him. He quickly glanced at the door because he swore he saw somebody watching him through the window on the door.

"I know your thoughts on school, and admittedly you have made many good points-but we don't want you to waste this opportunity."

Hunter deeply sighed and crossed his arms. "What are ya thinking, teach?" He knew she and the other two teachers who actually like him have been talking about something for him for the past week or so, and he assumed this was the moment he was gonna be given this 'special assignment.'

"Your other teachers and I thought we should assign you a personal essay. Not about physics, math, or history-but about you. And what kind of person you want to be."

"What kind of person I want to be..."

Hunter exited the classroom, that intense vibration briefly returning before stopping as he heard-

"Hunter?"

Hunter hummed and looked around before realizing it was Gwanda who said his name to his right.

"Did she get shorter...or did I get taller?"

"WHY ARE MY THOUGHTS SO !#%@&$ LOUD?!"

"Why is she so !#%@&$ hot...?"

"Alright, Hunter, shut up for now."

Hunter acted like nothing was wrong with his current state so he grinned at the blonde.

"Hey, Blondie." Hunter thought he looked normal but he had a euphoric expression, almost like he has a fever.

Gwanda had a sudden lump in her throat as Hunters expression made her face heat up.

"H-hey..."

She quickly snapped out of it and hesitantly reached for his arm.

"Are you alright?" She suddenly asked.

Hunters headache was getting worse the more he looked at her. He was fading in and out of reality, barely hearing a word she says.

"Maybe...if I spend the day with you, Blondie..." He smirked incoherently.

Gwen's cheeks flushed pink at the suggestion, she placed a gentle hand on his arm, her own senses becoming more intense the longer she's around the Punk teenager.

"He's the same as me."

"Hunter, we need to speak...privately. Do you understand?" She tried returning his attention back to her eyes but his current delirious mind seemed to be distracted.

He gave her a once over, nearly stumbling into her when he leaned forward.

"I completely understand..." Hunter spoke huskily, which made Gwen's blush darkened.

She was about to say something else but she heard Hunters name be called out from down the hall.

Josiah came jogging over and examined the situation. "Am I interrupting you two?" He teasingly smirked.

Gwen took a hesitant step back and flashed a awkward grin. "N-no-" she cleared her throat to sound more confident "-No. But I think he's got a fever."

Josiah sighs and throws Hunters arm over his shoulder, gently doing so because of the spikes on Hunters wrists.

"We are going on a trip...in our favorite...Rocket ship..." and he's out.

Gwen giggled at Hunter. "Uh...let me know if he's ok or not."

"Will do." Josiah nodded to Gwen before he guided Hunter to the nurses office. A school Nurses pack of ice is always a 100% healing potion for any debuff.

Gwen watched as Josiah took Hunter to the nurses office. She examine her surroundings before rushing off to change.

She's got to do more investigating.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣆⣀⣀⢀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣤⡎⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⠈⢣⡉⠉⠙⠚⠙⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⢾⠓⠛⠉⢉⡽⠀⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣰⠋⠀⠀⣹⣧⣆⣠⣀⡼⣆⠀⢀⣴⢿⣲⣤⣤⡤⡏⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀
⠠⣀⡴⠃⠀⠀⣴⡿⠙⢿⣇⡀⠀⠸⣎⢨⠏⠀⠀⣁⡼⠁⢱⡀⠀⠀⠘⢦⣀⡤
⠀⠈⢿⠲⢤⣰⠟⢁⣠⣾⠿⣿⣿⣯⣿⣯⠿⣿⣿⡿⣟⠀⠀⠑⣤⠤⠒⡿⠁⠀
⠀⠀⠈⢧⠀⠹⡉⢻⣟⣻⣆⣩⣾⣍⣿⡿⣄⣾⣟⢀⣿⣶⠞⢉⠇⠀⡼⠁⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢸⡂⢀⣇⠀⣹⠉⠛⣿⣿⡿⢿⡿⣿⣿⣿⠋⣠⡿⡆⢸⠀⢠⡇⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢸⡁⣼⣿⣿⣟⣷⣾⠿⣿⣦⠀⣠⣴⣿⣿⠿⣿⣻⣁⣘⣄⠠⡇⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⢬⡉⠒⠿⣋⠙⣷⣬⠿⣷⣾⢿⣇⣽⣿⣣⠔⠒⠉⡬⠟⠉⠙⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢆⠀⠈⢆⣼⠟⣶⡸⣟⡾⢽⣿⡟⠁⠀⣰⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢧⠀⡼⠿⢧⡟⢷⣯⢱⡬⠿⢿⠀⡼⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⡁⠀⠀⠙⣿⣻⠇⠀⠀⢈⣷⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠁⠉⠓⢦⣀⠘⡏⢀⡴⠚⠉⠀⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢮⣿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Hunter had woken up for the 2nd time that day and it was in his dorm again but on the bottom bunk. He took in his surroundings, Josiah had just noticed he had woken up.

"You alright, man?" Josiah asked.

Hunter groaned as he nodded.

"Uh...hand was stuck to someone's wrist...I got a personal essay to do...and Blondie was telling me something?" Hunter tried recalling but it was mostly a blur still.

"You got the gist of it." Josiah shrugged.

Hunter scratched the stomach of his shirt only to feel something strange.

"When did I start working out?"

The Punk teenager started to realize what was happening. He frantically begun looking around the dorm for his comics but then remembered he left all but one at MARVEL.

"This is real...it's happening...I should've known the moment-"

"-The moment I got bit by one strange !#%@&$ looking spider!"

Hunter begun packing some of his things, forgetting that that Josiah was still in the dorm.

"Are you alright?" Josiah asked with concern.

Hunter looked at Josiah, his head getting that same headache from before but it wasn't as intense as the first time.

"Is that the Spider-sense? It's kinda annoying..."

Hunter hummed as an answer before he finished packing up and whipped out his phone.

"Crap, I forgot to tell them I'm staying with them over the weekend..." Hunter quickly messaged his Mom that he'll be over for the weekend.

"Staying with who?"

"My Mom and Stepdad."

"I'll catch you loser later...I gotta figure out a few things." Hunter threw his backpack on and tried letting go of the strap which failed until he relaxed himself which released the strap from his hand.

"Damn, you've been !#%@&$!#%@&$ too much?" Josiah tried teasing the Punk.

"Yeah, be careful. Your bed sheet will be more crusty than Larry's pizza crust." Hunter laughed at his disgusted expression and headed out the door.

...

Hunter climbed up to the roof of his families apartment building somewhere in Chelsea after retrieving his Spider-Man comics.

He laid his reprint of Amazing Fantasy #15 and all his Spider-Man variants first issues across some
bed sheet he just stole from the crappy neighbor below his apartment.

Spider-Man 2099, Spider-Man India, Spider-Punk, Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Man: Riley Morales (the Spider-Man inspired by his best friend), The Spider-Verse comics as well.

He started reading all of them to test out what powers he did and did not have.

Hunter could tell he had the normal powers Spider-Man had but he needed to figure out what he could do first before finding Spider-Man and asking him for advice about being a "Spider-Person."

Hunter looked at the building cramped up against his apartment building and smirked.

"I'll call Larry to order ahead of time." Hunter smirked before getting a running start towards the building.

He leaped as high as he can and face planted against the side of the building.

"!#%@&$ I'm stupid..." Hunter thought he would just instinctively stick to the building but he noticed he started slipping.

"Oh SHIIIIIII-"

He felt something extend out of his fingertips and then pieces of the brick of the building started sprinkling his face. He stopped falling and was hanging on the wall by his fingers that sunk into the wall.

"Huh?"

He propelled himself off of the wall and landed perfectly back on his apartment buildings roof.

He examined his fingertips which had claws extended out of them.

"I got Spider-Man 2099 powers as well?!"

Hunter quickly took off his boots and tried extending talons out of his toes and sure enough he'd eventually do it. It was then Hunter made a list of Spider-Man powers that he did and did not have. He made rows with a different Spider-Man in each column and what their unique powers were in the other columns. He checked off Miguel O'Haras claws and talons.

He tested everything he could that night. (Because the chapter is already 8350 words long at this point here)

Every power Hunter had been able to use so far he listed off here: the usual Spider-Man powers and every unique one I have is 2099s talons, venomous fangs, telescopic-night-360 vision, I have bioelectricity like Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) and Riley Morales (Comic Riley), while also having camouflage like Riley Morales (Comic Riley).

"But I have yet to fully control those last two powers..." Hunter tapped his pen like he was drumming. He was able to "switch off" his telescopic and 360 degree vision but failed to produce a venom blast or camouflage for more than a few seconds.

Hunter flicked a pizza up into the air and catches it with his mouth, scarfing it down like it never existed in the first place.

"This new metabolism is gonna be annoying though, never been a big fan of eating much."

Two more pizzas were devoured in just a few seconds before Hunter cleaned his hands and idly glanced at his comics.

He spotted that same comic that has been coincidentally making itself known a few times now.

Hunter set his notes aside and picked up the comic.

"She doesn't have any unique powers...she's just cool." Hunter leans against the ledge of the building, flipping the comic open to read through it again.

Something is telling him to read it, he's got the time now so he might as well.

Hunter has read this comic plenty of times, it's one of his favorite variants of Spider-Man, he also liked how he could relate with a few things to the character.

As Hunter continued reading; his brain started to put all the puzzle pieces together. He flipped back to the first pages and then examine the blonde protagonist closely. Each page with her on it had added more pieces to the puzzle before eventually he closed the comic and stared at the cover with Spider-Gwen on it.

"Gwanda is..."

Hunter shook his head, trying to think of how it's possible that this is happening.

"...she's Gwen Stacy?"

Hunter collected his comic books and went down into his apartment, his family was still asleep, and he hasn't got a wink of sleep in him but he has to go to figure out a few things.

Hunter packed whatever he needed and made his way to Brooklyn.

"I need to find that Spider..."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⡰⠞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⢊⠎⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠓⠒⠯⣁⢢⡀⠀⠀⠀⡆⡎⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⡀⠄⢀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢌⢂⠀⢸⢠⠃⣀⠄⠒⠒⠢⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠘⠉⠁⠚⠦⢍⡒⠀⡀⠀⠈⡄⠇⡇⣼⠞⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⡸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠒⢄⡁⢄⢸⢒⣇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡴⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⠤⠄⡸⠥⠋⠀⠀⠐⢀⣀⣀⢤⠎⠒⣒⣒⣀⣲⡠⢀⠀
⠀⠀⣀⡤⠐⣊⡥⠜⠒⠒⢒⣳⢡⡀⠀⠀⠀⡼⡾⠖⣈⣉⡉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠑⠳
⢠⡪⠔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⠗⠹⣌⢤⣦⡠⢺⣝⢏⠒⠓⠠⠴⢅⣂⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⢀⢨⡻⠃⠹⡀⢊⣦⢗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢮⡆⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⣹⢹⢻⢨⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠃⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⢲⠘⣆⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣸⢀⣇⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⢸⠘⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣸⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

A/N: Here I am with the first chapter of my Spider-verse story. I won't annoy you with too much here.

I'll just ask if y'all enjoy it and what you think about it. Even if it's just one person commenting an entire summary paragraph about what they liked and/or didn't like is appealing because I like to know what people think about my stories.

Anyways, that's all I got for ya right now.

Hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading this far.

I'll see ya Losers later!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 18.7K 75
Book Four in the Expiring Series
70.8K 1.2K 190
Author:Peach blossoms for wine 13 Category: Danmei Zombies are rampant, and Ye Qingrang relies on a broken jade sachet and wood powers to move fo...
587K 25.2K 31
Donate Body to Science. Check. When seventeen-year-old Kaitlyn checked the box, she never suspected she’d have her life–and her body–sto...
16 5 4
Paano kung isang araw kakailanganin mo na ng "clone," para patuloy na magampanan ang trabaho mo't obligasyon sa buhay? Ngunit, may kapalit pala itong...