like i need you / 2 ♡ renhyuck

By lin_ah

This is the epilogue for my previous story of the same name More

Epilogue

79 7 2
By lin_ah

It's been 3 years since Renjun and Donghyuck have been dating. Everything has been great. Only the dream members know about their relationship. But Renjun is sure that Doyoung and Johnny definitely know what is up because they are just that attentive towards Hyuck and care for him. They go on dates often, when Haechan has schedules they facetime before bed. On the days when they cannot communicate they make sure to share selfies or just pictures of their surroundings at least once a day. Besides the usual playful bickering and renjun playing tsundere everything has been really great. Or so Renjun thought.

At first renjun thought it's not a big deal , he must be overthinking things. But after Jisung asked him about it he was not so sure if everything is great after all.

Its been a week and Haechan has been kinda avoiding him. Mark and Haechan have been joining them for concert practices while also preparing for 127 repackage. It has obviously been exhausting for them which is why Renjun thought Haechan was just tired. Because he didn't want to accept that even if Haechan was tired he would have seeked comfort in Renjuns hugs instead of laying or sleeping on the couch or floor. Haechan has also stopped texting him but one could argue that its because they see each other at practices anyway.

Renjun can't think of any reason for Haechan to be upset with him. Either Haechan was suddenly regretting this relationship or he has started to like someone else, like that makeup noona who Renjun suspects has a crush on Haechan. With the way she always looks at Haechan with those lovestruck gaze while doing his makeup. To the point that Renjun has pretended to talk to Haechan about anything many times to make her stop. Jeno still teases him for being so possessive. Was Haechan tired of his possessiveness ? But he has never seen Renjun acting possessive thats not possible.

It's getting so much harder for Renjun now. He is used to Hyuck's smile, teasing, and hugging. He loves it when Hyuck laughs at his jokes and when he smiles brightly when renjun laughs at his lame jokes or jokes that no one but renjun found funny. HE feels like crying when Hyuck's laugh doesn't sound his anymore.

He finally decides to just talk it out, he knows haechan can be a little childish when it comes to holding grudges. One of these days he corners Hyuck in the practice room.

"Hey", Renjun says walking towards Haechan who is sitting on the couch.

"Hey whats up", Haechan says, glancing at Renjun and then going back to his phone.

Renjun is just about to loose it, he hates Hyuck not acting like himself.

Renjun sits beside him and looks at Hyuck scrolling through tiktok.

Let's just get done with this, he thinks. "DId i do something ?" He asks.

Hyuck turns towards him, " hm? what ?"

"did i do something to upset you?", Renjun repeats looking hyuck in the eye.

"no ? why ?; what happened ?"

Is he joking. "You have been acting kinda weird ? with me."

"i am not. maybe its just the tiredness. i have been busy with schedules.", Hyuck says nonchalantly.

"are you sure?"

"yes renjunnie"

"okayy.." Renjun says clearly not believing him.

"Lets go the guys are here", HYuck says, getting up and joining the others for practice.

Renjun still can't sleep that night. It's just so obvious Hyuck is ignoring him even though he talks to him normally. Thoughts of Hyuck wanting to break up cloud his mind. He doesn't even realise when he started crying. When he comes to his senses he is sure it's been an hour or so and he needs to sleep because they have a group schedule tomorrow.

He takes out his phone and places an order for flowers to the 127 dorm.

Next day most of them can tell something is up with the huge eye bags under Renjuns eyes and how Hyuck asks or does nothing about it. Some of them catch him staring at Renjun but nothing more than that. When Jeno asks Renjun about it, Renjun just says that he couldn't sleep due to drinking strong coffee in the evening.

Donghyuck returns back to the dorm after a long day of practice with dream, 127 photoshoot and filming like 15 interviews with 127. When they get back, Doyoung finds a box and sunflowers sitting on them by the coffee table in living room.

Anyone can tell sunflowers are for Donghyuck.

"I think this for you Donghyuck.."

"oh.." Hyuck says, looking towards him and the flowers.

"Who are those from ?" Taeyong asks.

"His mother I think." Johnny interferes. "What are you having for dinner?"He drags Taeyong to the kitchen with him.

"Here" Doyoung given him the box with flowers, smiling widely and leaving for his own room.

Haechan can tell these are from Renjun. Who else would send him sunflowers among the members or family, since only they know his address.

But he is just reluctant to open the box.

He has been wanting to talk to Renjun since a few days but he was afraid he fucked up too much. He was and is not sure what he is doing. This is his first relationship after all.

He still opens the box. It has a cute small pillow size Teddy Bear inside it and a card that reads.

"I know you have been ignoring me, Hyuckie. I am not sure what I did. but I'm sorry for it. Please talk to me, love. I miss you.♡⁠"

Haechan feels so bad. He knows he fucked up. He should have just communicated like a normal person instead of silent treatment for no reason.

He will talk to Renjun tomorrow, he promises himself. He freshens up, eats the leftovers from morning and heads to sleep.

But he can't.

Looking at the teddy bear and sunflowers on his desk makes him miss Renjun more.

He opens the chat box and texts renjun. "are you up ?"

"yeah" Renjun replies immediately as if waiting for him to text.

"can i come over?"

"please"

Now he is really about to cry. He quickly books a cab and within 20 minutes, he is at the Dream dorm.

Donghyuck takes a deep breath and hits in the passcode and enters the dorm.

Renjun's room door is open. He enters the room.

Renjun is laying on the bed, face towards wall scrolling through his phone. The lights are dim and speakers playing a chinese ballad.

God he missed his Jun so much.

Donghyuck sits on the bed, grabbing Renjun's attention.

Renjun sits up and sits across Donghyuck facing him.

"hi" he says. His voice sounds so worn out Hyuck tears up.

"i am sorry"

"what happened"

Donghyuck takes a little too long to answer. Formulating his thoughts and words.

"Do you want to breakup?"

"what ? noo? Junnie no" Donghyuck says, sounding shocked and panicked

"then what happened..." renjun is just so confused

"i–i am just... i am sorry. i was jealous and i started ignoring you and then i realised how stupid this is but i was too embarrased and awkward to talk to you about it and then it felt like i fucked up too long and you must be too angry and wanting to end it.." he stops realising that he is just rambling too fast.

"what...i dont get it hyuck"

" i was jealous....of yangyang..you hang out with him so much.." Hyuck says looking towards Renjun's lap.

"i do, because we have similar food taste. but i stil dont get what that got to do with this.."

"i know...i saw how you hangout with him almost everyday. i was so jealous. so so jealous. i wanted to be with you too. everyday. But i know its not your fault. I am busy most of the time. And you are too. It's stupid i know, but its just hard to see you with others.. when it should be me." When he looks up Renjun is still looking at him.

"by the time i accepted that i am being petty and there's no reason to be angry with you or anyone , i was too awkward and afraid that you will be angry. I am sorry I am really sorry Jun. I was wrong."

He leans forward and grabs Renjuns face with his hand. "i should have shared this with you instead of being angry and petty for no reason. I will do better. I promise."

He feels something wet on his hands and realises that they are Renjun's tear.

"Junnie.." And the renjun lets out a sob. Hyuck hugs him immediately "i am so sorry renjun. sorry please..i love you so much. Sorry for hurting you, that was so shitty of me."

Hyuck is crying too now. "You don't have to forgive me right now. But i promise i will do better."

They hug for a few minutes, Renjun lets go off him first. He rubs his eyes and looks at Hyuck. "You are so stupid.. i hate you.." He says pouting.

"I thought you were tired of me and wanted to breakup"

"it should be criminal to be this cute." Hyuck says squishing Renjun's cheeks.

"Haechan. Be serious.." Renjun bats of his hands

"I am sorry sorry." Hyuck says smiling wide.

He jumps onto renjun making them lay on the bed while facing each other.

"i can't believe you are saying that to me...if anything you will get tired of me." Hyuck says.

Renjun kisses him. And the time stops for both of them. It's been more than a week since they last hugged let alone kiss.

Hyuck puts his leg over Renjun and pulls him towards him. Pressed into each other.

They kiss like they don't need air to breathe. It feels so intimate, like they want to consume each other whole. Donghyuck starts placing kisses on Renjun's jaw, moving towards his neck and then collarbones.

Renjun pulls him by grabbing his hair.

Their faces are so close, they can hear the heavy breathing. Staring at each others lips.

Renjun grabs Hyuck's jaws and makes him look him in the eye.

"I will not get tired of you." "And i have not forgiven you yet stupidhead. You will have to work hard for it."

"Works for me" Hyuck says smiling wide looking a little stupid.

He leans down again to suck onto Renjun's lowers lip. They kiss for hours. And fall asleep like that in each other's arms.

Next day its like the roles are reversed. Donghyuck becomes extra clingy but Renjun has made it clear he will not use pet names or hug Hyuck back untl he is okay and decided to forgive Donghyuck.

It takes exactly 10 days, 20 flower boquets being sent to Dream dorm, 500 something "baby" "prettyboy" "honey" "my love" maybe and 700 something cheek kisse and 1000 backhugs for Renjun to accept Hyuck's apology.

They promise to never ignore each other before sharing the issue.

Donghyuck also decides to tell the 127 members about their relationship.

And not to his surprise most of them already had gussed. They tease Donghyuck about how he was very obvious with the dinners with Renjun every other day and smiling like a highschool boy when texting "groupchat"

Mark lectures him about "you can trust me and talk to me about everything you know?" for 1000th time since they have known each other.

Apparantely he was stressed out of his mind when Hyuck was ignoring Renjun, but Jeno and Jaemin told him to stay out and let them handle it on their own.

Hyuck gets Renjun and himself matching necklaces for Renjun's birthday. Renjun also forces Hyuck to join the videocall with renjun's family. Their families don't know yet, but both of them are sure their mom's know. They also got along very well when they met at the Dream concert last month.

Renjun asks for Hyuck to try and be friends with Yangyang as his birthdaygift. And Hyuck says he will try when he has time, which was very obviously a lie. He is still salty and petty. And Renjun threaten to not speak if he doesn't promises for sure.

Even distracting renjun with kisses doesn't work and Hyuck has to promise Renjun in the end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 1.8K 43
❝ i swear upon the rest of my life, there won't be another you. you're my last. ❞ ↳nct dream- my first and last COMPLETED. makatea- | 2018
1.1M 45.6K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
601K 13.5K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
250K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...