PJO Victory Is Within (Annabe...

By Foxspiritdragon

"I always win, I think" It's been a rough time for young Y/n living alone, he's been on the run from disgust... More

Book 1:The Lightening Thief
On The Run
I Get Drenched in Water
I joined his quest to prove myself
Struck by Lightning, and Old Ladies Really Want Us?
The sky's the limit!
Ares is scared of a Tunnel of Love? Weird
Next Stop Lotus Hotel and Casino
We take rides and slide down to our death
Hades Tells Us The Truth Sort Of
Beating Ares. Saying Goodbye. And meeting my mom?
An Awkward Tea Party With A Sad Tale
TRAITOR
Book 2: Sea of Monsters
Too Much For One Day
Tyson's(NOT SO)Welcomed home
Not The Pigeons Please
Percy Accepts Gifts From A STRANGER
We Board The Princess Andromeda
Worst Family Reunion

He's bowed to but I'm called abnormal

1.8K 53 72
By Foxspiritdragon

I want to apoligize for all the edits I've been doing for the other chapters. Also I wanna say thanks for the 200 reads and 11 votes! I really appreciate the support!

Anyways this was a fun chapter to write over 4k plus words hope you enjoy!

I separated from both Percy and Annabeth to take my shower and good thing Percy didn't break the boys restrooms pipes. Thought the water pressure was really slow, it's fine by me I left my clothes to dry a bit in the sun, really hoped no one decides to take them. Oh and my Bracelet "Parádeisos" yeah it won't come off unless I change it into a weapon and I really don't need a weapon, unless you wanna consider shampoo a weapon because I need some right now. Well, I believe the bathroom responded with my thoughts because behind the steam of the hot water, appeared a bottle of 3 in one Vo5 shampoo. 

Coming out of the bathhouse I found my clothes' freshly washed and dried, it was so warm to the touch when putting on my jeans. As I stepped out putting on my shirt, while putting it over my head. There was a few audible gasps around me, guess I was a bit boney around my torso, I popped my head out of the hole were my head goes seeing Chiron and a few campers who had stopped to gawk at me.

"What haven't you seen plenty of malnourished kids before?" I said tilting my head in confusion Salina Beauregard was one of the few campers who had stopped to gawk at me. She rushed in front of me and did the most embarrassing thing in my whole tiny life. She lifted my shirt up showing everything again. 

"Chiron this isn't normal-" before she could continue I forcefully pulled my shirt down again pink in the face

"Hey! Just because I look like a skeleton with very loose skin doesn't me you got to be rude about it!" I said in a single breath. She looked at me and just waved me off just like that

"I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about all those scars! You're chest and arms are covered in them, What happened to you to get all these?" She as exasperated, but before I could even say a word Chiron had placed a hand on her shoulder, he didn't need to say a thing because she understood.

"Come with me child we must discuss about what happened earlier" He said placing a hand on my own shoulder. Something about this centaur made me feel all warm inside again. It happened when I first laid eyes on the man, and when he was showing my around the camp. 

I nodded and followed him and again I felt like the odd one out campers stared at me once more. He guided me to the big house, I looked up and saw about four or five campers patching up a hole in the roof. Something told me I do not want to know what happened there, but I was about to find out. I was so distracted by the hole that when Chiron called for my attention he was no longer in his centaur form rather now he was in his wheel chair. 

We were inside the big house around a pool table? Or at least that's what Chiron called it(Personally I heard pools were filled with water and not solid). The itching feeling in the back of head crept

"Have we met before Chiron?" I blurted out without meaning to he looked at me with such focus, but it quickly changed to a smile

"No child we have not met, I may be a old, but I remember every Demigod I've met and trained" he said looking at with that same twinkle in his eyes. 

"I see, can I ask why we are inside the big house?" I asked and all he did was point up to the roof of the house. Me and my big mouth I looked up and saw the damage was pretty big. I guess he saw the color of my face slightly drain, because the old Centaur gave out a chuckle. I hesitated on asking if I did that, he simply nodded

"Yes, child that bracelet on your arm flew out of the attic quite the spectacle. It's name is-"

"Parádeisos" I cut him off he looked a little surprised, but he nodded. I raised my left arm with the golden beautifully crafted bracelet. Seeing it up close there were three golden tags and holding it together was a thin chain that looked so delicate yet hard beyond belief. I apologized for the damages and that I would take any punishment, but Chiron just waved the incident off and then he turned on the serious tone on.

"I would like to know how you made your way here on your own? From what young Percy said you just appeared when the attack happened. You didn't have a Satyr guild you and from what we seen of what you were wearing. You looked to be homeless? I'm sorry if that's to forward" He asked looking at little reluctantly.

It did come out a little forward, but I explained everything from when I woke up in that alleyway, I also added how I didn't know how long I'd been in that alleyway. I told him how I was tied with golden cuffs around my ankles, how they changed to those zip ties, next was the monsters I survived everyday since my awakening. Finally was how I ended up on a bus to Long Island, the voices that gave me food and guided me to find Percy. I hesitated for a bit about what the voices said, but I told him everything. He listened to every word I'd said and nodded grimly to what I was told.     

"I see you've been through a lot these past months Y/n, but do not worry about it now you made it to Camp and your safe here." He said placing a hand on my shoulder, I nodded blinking tears away. The front door of the big house opened and Annabeth stepped in she was still drying up from what happened earlier 

"Chiron I'm sure you heard of what happened in the girls bathroom, and you believe me but I think Percy is the person I've been waiting for. Can he go up to the Oracle and ask for a quest, I'm sure it is him." she said looking slightly red from saying all that in one breath.

Even before Chiron was able to speak a horn blew Chiron looked surprised as did Annabeth, I for one was confused what that horn was for.

"Dear me is it that time already, we will speak of this later. Now it is time for dinner" When he said dinner, my mouth watered and my stomach growled. He let out a chuckle and rolled out of the big house. I followed behind him, Annabeth was already walking ahead of us, Chiron changed back to regular form. Before I could walk away and catch up to Annabeth he stopped by placing his hand on my shoulder. I turned now arching my neck up a bit since he towards over me now.

"Don't worry yourself too much about the voices child and please keep that weapon safe and it will keep you safe" he said nodding me forward

"Even if I didn't want it sir, I wouldn't be able to remove it" I said with a laugh

He ruffled my hair which was now a mess I had to untie it and tie it again while walking I saw Percy and Luke I decided to join them.

"Hey Percy, Luke" I said grinning and they turned to me surprised 

"Dude where have you been?" Percy asked 

"Let's see I went to take a shower after what happened" I said and he turned away sheepishly "and then Chiron pulled me into the big house to talk" I continued 

We all gathered around a table every child who was already claimed sat at their respected table such as Annabeth with her brothers and sisters who all had those grey eyes, or Clarisse who was over what had happened in the bathroom. She and her friends mostly boys at that table were all belching loudly disgusting. Luke led us to the Hermes table and it was very pact with other campers. I sat down with ease being all scrawny made it easy to squeeze in. 

Chiron tapped his hoof on the marble floor of the dining pavilion, everyone went silent, he raised his glass "To the Gods!" Everyone except me and Percy raised their glass and said the same. What happened next made me stary eyed seeing the wood nymphs(Luke told me what they were) they had placed platers of food on the table grapes, apples, strawberries, cheese, fresh warm bread, and meat I didn't know what type of meat it was but it smelled amazing

There was a empty glass in front of me. Luke advised me and Percy to tell it what we want nonalcoholic of course . I looked at Percy say Cheery Coke the glass filled with a black fizzy drink with a reddish tint. Next thing he says was Blue Cheery Coke and the glasses content turned a violet shade of cobalt. It would be a while for me to get my tongue and mouth used to the fizzy drinks people seem to love. I just said water and my glass was filled with the clear liquid and I then I said of ice-cold water and bam ice cubes appeared in the glass. 

I chugged it all down no breaks the waters cooled off my body it felt good to finally nurse my dry lips.

"Here you go both of you" Said Luke passing us a plate with what Percy yelled the meat was called barbeque Brisket. I would dug into my food, but seeing the other campers getting up I stopped my urges. I followed Luke and Percy he murmured something about burnt offerings to the gods, something about them liking the smell of the food. It was finally my turn to offer a portion of my food 

"Here you go, will I don't know who my parent is I give this offering to the voices who guided me here, I will work hard to help Percy in whatever way I can" I thought and I scrapped the portion of food, but a lump formed in my throat. Since it was two different voices that guided me I decided to scape another portion off my plate, some campers eyed me weirdly but I ignored them. Once I turned around the Hermes table was filled tighter now guess another camper took it, I decided to just grab my glass and sit on the ground, but my eyes saw the same girl from earlier sitting by the fire again. I decided to sit by her much to her surprise, no words needed to be said she looked happy I was there. 

"What made you want to sit by me?" she asked looking at the hearth dance with flames. 

"My table was filled and you looked lonely, so I came and sat with you" that was a half truth because earlier in the day, when I saw her I felt this odd feeling we'd met before the same feeling I got from Chiron. She studied me, but smiled I offered some of my food she shook her head

"Oh no thank you your company is more than enough" she said looking happily, after that I heard her mutter something in a very silent voice and when I asked what she said, she waved it off was nothing. 

Chiron pounded his hoof again getting everyone's attention once more, Mr. D stood up from his chair looking grumpy with a sigh escaping his lips "Yes I suppose I'd better say hello to all you brats. Well, hello. Our activates director, Chiron, says the next capture the flag is next Friday." 

I had got lost in thought looking at the girl tending the flames again something was telling I'd met her before but how? I was brought out of thought when Mr. D mispronounced Percy and my name and Chiron corrected him.

"That's right. Hurrah, and all that. Now run along to your silly campfire. Go on."

I said my good byes to the girl and she smiled waving. The campfire was fun smores and lots of songs, practical jokes and no more awkward stares on me and Percy. I feel this place is going to the best home ever.

 It was time to go back to our cabins I was exhausted and so was Percy, he was given a sleeping bag and he placed it by me, his horn now sitting by his head. We both laid down in our respected bags. I was ready to get comfortable when I heard a crunch noise in my bag. I opened my bag more and saw a brown bag filled half-ways with candy, a tooth brush and with tiny notes saying thank you, don't eat to much and brush your teeth. Odd I didn't  know who left this for me, but I was happy about the nice gesture. 

"Thanks" I muttered and with that my first day at Camp-half was over.

The next few days Percy and I settled into a routine that felt almost normal, if you don't count we were getting lessons from satyrs, nymphs, and a centaur. Each morning we took Ancient Greek from Annabeth, and we talked about the gods in the past tense which was odd, but somehow very fun to learn at least for me. Percy on the other hand was getting headaches every so often.

The rest of the day I would separate from Percy and rotate outdoor activities. Turns out I'm pretty talented for a new camper when it came to Archery Chiron praised. I would summon Parádeisos in its bow form and it felt natural as I hit 3 different targets with a single draw using 3 arrows in one. Some of the apollo kids even said I might be their sibling.

Next was foot racing, I raced some wood-nymphs and even Percy. While during the race I out ran Percy almost immediately, but I was at least seven to eight feet away from one of the wood-nymphs who was in behind their sisters. They praised me for being able to catch up to one of their slowest siblings, I explained I would run away from lots of monsters when I was alone. one of the nymphs teared up and gave me a hug

Next was Wrestling, yeah here I was laughed at by most of the Ares cabin Clarisse demolished me, and even after I tapped out she would still choke me if it wasn't for some of the other campers I would have probably blacked out. 

Another activity was canoeing, that was bad I flipped my little boat and fell in the water, the water-nymphs had helped me to shore. Percy killed it he was moving in the water like he'd done it thousands of times it was amazing seeing him move with the flow of the water. I don't really want to talk about the final activity I did, but while working in the smithy with the Hephaestus kids I fainted to the heat inside that work house. If it wasn't for Charles "Charlie" Beckendorf I would have been fried like a chicken(Note to self only call him by his last name)

Thursday three days after arriving to camp, Percy and I had our first Sword-fighting lessons. Everyone from cabin eleven gathered in the big circular arena, where Luke would be instructing. We started with the basics, Y'know slashing and stabbing, using some straw-stuffed dummies in Greek armor. It was fun, I felt like was in my comfort zone I was using Parádeisos in dagger form. While practicing I was so focused I had been altering between spear and dagger forms in quick succession. Percy tapped me on the shoulder telling me stop as Luke was calling for them, Luke was teaching the rest of the class pretty far away from us so they didn't really see us and I was glad for that. 

We moved on to dueling in pairs, Luke announced he would be our partner since it was our first time, much to my delight even Percy was excited. Though he was having a hard time finding a sword that felt right to him. Some of the campers were wishing us luck saying Luke is the best swordmen in the camp. I didn't know that and it sure made me admire the guy even more, he was amazing. He was teaching us thrusts and parries and shield blocks well on Percy I was just looking every way Luke would move his hands I would instinctively move the same copying him.

He had called for a break everyone was sweating and swarmed the poor cooler I managed to grab a bottle of water which I shared with Percy, he took the melted ice from the cooler and poured on himself, and was it my imagination did he just rejuvenate with that water?

Luke called out Percy saying something about him getting a technique right, they crossed swords, I was amazed how they were dancing, each moving with the other. I was at a loss for words, Percy for a moment looked sluggish before he used his strength to disarm Luke and his sword pointed dangerously close to Luke unarmored chest. Even Luke was amazed he asked Percy to do it again, but Percy lost all the strength from before and lost his sword to the same technique. 

"After a long pause, somebody chimed in "Beginner's Luck?"

"Maybe" Luke said wiping the sweat from his brow, he turned to me and smiled "well Y/n care to take Percy's place now"

I smiled and nodded my head, we stood a fair distance from each other he took a wide stance with his sword in front of him. I summoned my dagger and took a low stance dagger held underhanded. My head raced with thoughts not of importance for this training session. Everything clicked at the moment someone said begin, my body went into auto pilot. I charged at him still low to the ground, his eyes narrowed on me, he swings down, but my body called it, wrong move, my dagger guarded the attack and slid down the blade hitting the hand guard on  his blade, I closed the distance even further till I was under him. I grabbed his sword arm hoisted him over my shoulder and slammed on his back. I wasn't done I kicked his blade away from him and jumped on top of him placing my dagger close to his neck. 

The crowd was silent with a few murmurs here and there, My eyes blinked back into focus I stood up helping Luke up onto his feet, he was shocked but instantly he patted my back

"That is what I'm talking about Y/n! See here everyone he used my own weight against me, he knows full well his frame is smaller than my own. That didn't stop him from attacking in such a way." he said making me warm to the cheeks. 

By Friday you won't believe it, but my body looked a little healthier a bit and there was more muscle than before. I hadn't noticed until, during climbing the lava wall, someone had knocked my stepping nub and the lava burned my shirt had to rip it off me before getting melted. I didn't win the climbing, Clarisse had won smirking. I don't how she moved up so fast considering her build.

It was finally time after dinner everyone was more excited than usual, but can you blame us it was finally time for some Capture the flag. The teams were announced, Percy and I would be with team Blue which consisted of Athena, Apollo and Hermes cabin. The Apollo cabin was overjoyed with me being on their side. The red team consisted of the other cabins with kids Dionysus, Demeter, Aphrodite, and Hephaestus and we can't forget the angriest of the group Ares cabin. 

Chiron hammered his hoof on the marble 

"Heroes!" he announced. "You know the rules. The creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair game. All magic items are allowed" he said I could have sworn he looked directly at me, guess that means Parádeisos got the green light. "The banner must be prominently displayed, and have no more than two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound or gagged. No killing or maiming is allowed. I will serve as referee and battlefield medic arm yourselves!"

He spread his hands and the tables were suddenly covered with equipment: bronze swords, spears, oxhide shield coated in metal. I decided on only a light Greek breastplate and some some shin guards. I liked being light on my feet and after seeing Percy being given a shield almost 3 times bigger than him, yeah no thanks. I was brought out of my thoughts by my favorite consoler Luke when he placed a hand on my shoulder

"Y/n, Annabeth and I thought it would be best for you and I to lead the charge in getting the flag from enemy team. You ready?" He asked with that confident smile of his, even though his scar made him look crazy evil in this dark lighting I nodded. We turned to the sound of the horn being blown, he ran ahead and I followed.

While Percy was stuck Protecting the flag me and Luke where running circles around the enemy team. The Ares kids were cut in numbers their best weren't around to stop me and Luke, that worried me and my guess Luke nodded grimly

"Let's hurry and get that flag or Percy might be a squashed by the Ares kids" he stated while rushing forwards parrying a blade. I wasn't going to be left in the dust I started rushing some Hephaestus kids with my dagger being lighters and faster it was easy for me to put them down. The only one who gave me trouble was Beckendorf, he was using a flaming spewing sword I clashed once or twice and that was enough for me to understand I need to back away. So I fainted going in for another assault of quick attacks, but as soon as he got ready to guard me I used him as spring board and created distance from him. Once I landed I was ready to change my dagger into spear until Luke rushed in front of Beckendorf clashing blades.

"Get the flag I got this I'll right behind you!" Luke said backing up from Beckendorf who was smirking. I nodded and ran past Beckendorf he was going to try and attack me, but Luke blocked him. 

Those racing activates were a gods send, I was glad I had increased my stamina and not mention I got accustom to the forest. I easily raced through the woods jumping over stone and swinging from branch to branch. There it was the red flag only being guarded by two Aphrodite girls. I ran out of the woods spoking them, they got up ready to defend the flag. To late I had already ran by them climbed the statue and grabbed the flag, using the statues pointing arm, I ran and jumped on to a tree and ran away. It was long for news of their flag being taken to spread I was being chased lucky for me I was used to being chased they can't catch me. I saw Luke running and jumped by his side I gave him the flag.

His face was so funny when he saw me turn around slam Parádeisos in spear form, the unsteady ground made a boulder collapse on the campers who were chasing us. We ran ahead finally making out of the woods and came into view watching Percy defeat all the Ares kids who ran ahead. We all gathered together and I got scared when Annabeth appeared out of thin air with a hat in her hands. She made Percy step out of the water after seeing a cut was no longer visible. He nearly fell down but she caught him he looked exhausted

"oh Styx." she cursed. "This is not good. I didn't want ... I assumed it would be Zeus... ."

Everything went down hill from that point a growl came from the darkness of the forest. We all looked up and saw red piercing eyes walking out of the woods, it was the size of rhino. With a howl it pounced right towards Percy.  

"Percy, run!" Annabeth yelled but he was to tired to move and the hound got him with it's claws

I don't know why, but I charged forward before anyone could move. I felt this feeling I couldn't lose, that I would only bring victory, then there was a feeling of nothing could go wrong, I was simply lucky, as though I could win every game of cards Mr. D liked to play. 

I reeled my hand back and Parádeisos  materialized into it's spear form the bladed end had 3 blades one pointing up and the others looked like wings pointing to either side. I tossed it with all my might and those wing like blades shot down hitting the golden shaft, BOOM it sounded like a cannon firing. My spear lodged itself in the giant hounds neck, I jumped grabbing the shaft of my spear and used all my weight to knocked the hound off balance. It worked a little to well. It jumped in the air trying to remove me from it like a wild bull, but instead it just made me slice it's head off completely  

I landed in the creek beside Percy the hound was turning to dust, he crawled away from me a bit, I didn't know why, but as soon as I looked down and saw my reflection in the water I understood. I was glowing a soft golden hue tinted in a darkish green. 

I looked at Percy he was healing with the water, campers were all staring at us again, or better yet staring at only him. Why you might ask, well, he had a trident glowing above his head.

"It is determined" Chiron announced.

Everyone was kneeling even the Ares kids who didn't look happy about it. I tried to help him up but he stood on his own.

"My father?" he asked bewildered.

"Poseidon" said Chiron. "Earthshaker, Stormbringer, Father of Horses. Hail, Perseus jackson-" he cut himself off when above my head something similar glowed, but it wasn't a trident everyone stood up looking at me confused or disgusted?

I saw my reflection once more and above me I saw a wreath with wings sprouting out it's sides. A necklace formed around me neck with a golden/green four leaf clover. 

"Yet another is determined" Chiron announced once more

"Nike and Tyche" he said "Winged goddess, Bringer of victory. Goddess of Fortune, Bringer of luck" he announced. 

Wait I have two moms? From what Annabeth told me one is a Major goddess(Nike) and the other was a minor goddess(Tyche) I looked around me everyone was looking at me funny until one spoke up of course it had to be Clarisse 

"What the heck is he, some sort of freak of nature, two godly parents and still considered a demigod? That isn't normal" she shouted

Not going to lie after she said that I looked around once more. All the people I thought as friends in my mind, looked like they want nothing to do with me. That was it, the first place I called home was ruined by this very moment. 

I stepped back looking at Chiron he seemed to understand what I was going to do, but before he could protest I ran from the scene and hid in the forest for the night. 

Ehhh! Two moms that are goddess how can that be!? Well I've planned everything to reveal itself slowly. You'll understand bits and pieces by the end of the first book. Be ready because Y/n has a lot to learn about himself and of course we got a slow burn interest happening. Catch you later! I really hope this brings more readers I'll wait about a week and see if I should continue the story even though I have 2 more chapters done

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 1K 35
"HOW NICE OF YOU TO JOIN ME, NATALIA.." "IT'S ACTUALLY NATASHA, BUT, CLOSE ENOUGH.." "WHATEVER DUMBASS.." --- loss noun plural noun: losses 1...
8K 153 10
⊹β™₯οΈŽΛ– ΰ£ͺα―€ 𝗍𝗁𝖾 π—Žπ—‡π—Œπ–Ύπ—π—π—…π—‚π—‡π—€ π–Ίπ—π–Ίπ—‹π–Ύπ—‡π–Ύπ—Œπ—Œ π—ˆπ–Ώ π—’π—ˆπ—Žπ—‹ π—ˆπ—π—‡ 𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗍𝖻𝖾𝖺𝗍 π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› 𝗔𝗣𝗛π—₯π—’π——π—œπ—§π—˜ π—–π—’π— π—£π—Ÿπ—œπ—–π—”π—§οΏ½...
58.3K 2.5K 38
ON HIATUS (26/03/2024: I will be back as soon as possible, but uni is keeping me very busy, so I can't say when, sorry) SEQUEL TO THE PATH OF GLORY "...