The Other Tri-Brid

Autorstwa Galazystarz57

Nova Saltzman, younger sister of Josie and Lizzie Saltzman. Daughter of Alaric Saltzman and Caroline Forbes... Więcej

Cast
The Beginning
This Is The Part Where You Run
We're Being Punked, Pedro

Some People Just Want To Watch The World Burn

203 9 3
Autorstwa Galazystarz57

“Let’s hit the dining hall and carb load. It’s game day.” Lizzie said as she sped down the stairs with Josie and Nova right behind her.
“I'm not hungry.” Josie answers that's when Lizzie stops and looks at her all serious causing Nova to also stop in her tracks. “What?”
“Well, uh, funny thing actually, Josette. This morning, as I was desperately trying to make this trash bag of a jersey look cute I suddenly had the urge to purge so I fled to the bowl, and lo and behold, I heaved up a gallon of black goo. So, seeing as I haven’t been dabbling in any illicit black magic recently I can only imagine it was a twin sympathy hurl. And here you are denying the days most important meal. So fess up. What did you do?” Lizzie explains as they continue their walk.
“Josie you can't-” Nova starts before she's cut off.
“Maybe you’re pregnant, Lizzie,” Penelope says. “Oh, or maybe it's just how that jersey fits.”
“Go away, evil one.” Josie says.
“Already gone. Hot tip next time you burn your ex's hair off, make sure she can’t rock a bob.” With that Penelope walks away. The sisters look at each other and sigh as they all walk away.
As MG walks over to them Lizzie quickly shuts him down.
“Hey girls listen.” Their father says as he stands in front of them with a bag over his shoulder.
“Don’t say whatever it is you're about to say because you have dad face, and wherever dad face goes daughter disappointment always follows.” Josie says as the girls look at each other.
“I'm sorry. Nova and I can't make the game today.”
“But, Dad, you're the coach.” Says Josie.
“And I'm QB1 this year.” Lizzie whines.
“And I'm the cheer coach, I need to be there.” Nova states as she looks at her father.
“I hate it as much as you do, but I have to find Landon Kirby.”
“Okay, so, let's cancel. I mean it's a joke anyway. We can't use our powers so we suck.” Josie said.
“Exactly. Which is a normal school for troubled rich kids thing to do. This annual event lets the locals see you for what they think you are. And keeps them from asking too many questions.”
“But they mock us.” Lizzie says.
“Yeah all they do is torment us.” Nova states, crossing her arms.
“Because they're insecure, small-town kids with small minds. So just let it be. Look, girls, with Landon running around, knowing all of our secrets, we have to protect our profile now more than ever. Can I count on you both to do that?” He asks, looking at the twins. Both of them nod their heads. “All right. I love you both. We’ll be back as soon as we can. Come on Nova.” The younger Saltzman follows her dad out the door and to the car.

Nova:
“He can come.” Dad says as we walk to where Hope and Rafael stand.
“What?” Hope says shocked as she looks at my father.
“He knows Landon. He'll be an asset. And we'll need all the help we can get. So fix the car and hop in. Hope gives Rafeal an annoyed face before she makes her way to the other side of the car with me behind her. As she gets to the door I tug on her arm and engulf her in a hug missing her warmth.
“Where did you go last night?” She questions as she hugs me back before letting go.
“I went to Lizzie and Josie's room. Josie caught MG with his tongue down the devil's throat so I stayed to comfort her.” The tribrid only hums as she moves a bit of hair out of my face before opening the back door for me to get in.

Time Skip:

We all got out of the car and made our way into the woods looking for any sign of Landon.
“I don't know why he's still out here. He has a whole day's lead on us. He could be anywhere.” Hope states as she is in the lead with me right beside her.
“Maybe because he doesn’t have a reason to run.” Rafeal states, causing Hope to scoff.
“Logic that would be perfectly believable if he hadn't, you know, ran.”
We hear a twig snap and dad tells us to be quiet. He then proceeds to run the other direction and we all follow behind him stopping when we spot a woman covered in ash.
“Its okay. I'm not gonna hurt you.” Dad tries but the woman only steps back and looks around. “Were you on the bus? Can you tell us what happened?” The woman says nothing and continues to look around.
“Is she a survivor?” Hope asks.
“Uh, smells like it. She reeks of smoke.” Rafael answers.
“And she's covered in ash.” I add.
“I think she's in shock. Look, I need to get her to the police so she can get some medical attention. Uh why don't you three go ahead? Don’t engage. We don’t know how dangerous Landon is.” Dad says as he keeps an eye on the woman.
“He's not dangerous,” Rafael argues.
“I said don’t engage.” dads head snaps towards Rafael looking at him sternly.
“Come on.”Hope says as the three of us begin to walk away.

As Hope and Rafael talk I look around the woods looking for any sign of danger while walking a short distance behind. Every now and then Hope would look back to check on me and I would give her a smile as if telling her everything is okay.
“So I can be as popular and well-liked as you?” Rafael says as Hope turns to look at him. This catches my attention and I make my way to Hope's side. “Yeah, I've been at the school for two days and I’ve already heard all about Hope Mikaelson and her sunny disposition as well as her little lap dog.” Glaring at Rafael I open my mouth to say something but Hope puts her hand on my arm to stop me. “I'll get you the stupid, not-stupid knife and the answers you want. I promise”
“And why should I believe you?” Hope says.
“Because I don't lie.” Hope laughs a little at this before looking back at him.
“Everybody lies.” All he does is look at her and she shakes her head for a minute. “He’s in the root cellar. You have three minutes to do this your way.” She says and turns around.
“Wait, the headmaster said don’t engage.” Hope starts counting down having had enough of Rafael and he quickly makes his way into the cellar.
She rolls her eyes as she watches him go and then looks at me. Walking up to her I grab her hands.
“Hope, you're being a little harsh on them. Maybe Rafael's right. Maybe Landon didn’t do this.”
“I don’t trust them. Ever since they got here things haven’t been right.”
“I know Hopey. But give them a chance.” I say as I kiss her cheek. She smiles at me then turns and starts walking into the cellar.
“That wasn’t me.” Landon says just as Hope and I walk into the cellar.
“Then who was it?” She asks, causing the two boys to turn and look at us.
“You said three minutes.” Rafael states angrily.
“Like I said, people lie. Corporis Impetu.” As Hope says this Landons body goes flying back as she uses her magic to pin him to the wall.
“Hope!” I yell shocked at her making my way over to Landon only for Hope to grab my arm and gently push me behind her.
“Where's the Knife.” She demands.
“I don’t have it. I must’ve lost it when I ran.”
“After you burned the bus?”
“That wasn’t me, I swear. I barely got out alive.”
“Hope, let him go!” I yell again.
“Last chance Who the hell was it?” she walks closer to him.
“There was this girl.” Landon explains the situation to Hope and she lets him go, causing him to land on the ground with a thud. Running over to him I quickly checked him for any major injuries before letting out a soft sigh knowing that Hope didn’t hurt him too badly. “You have every right to be mad at me, but I am telling you the truth. Come on man, Help me.”
“I believe him.” Rafael states.
“I do too.” I say causing Hope to look at us shocked.
“You believe that a fire-breathing woman burned the bus alive?” She asks us.
“Yes” we both say at the same time.
“And Landon happened to be spared?”
“He told you that he ran.”
“And conveniently lost the knife on the way. Nova get away from him before he hurts you.” She says looking back at me. I don’t move from my spot wanting her to see that I trust him hoping that it'll help her trust him as well.
“She kept coming at me like she was gonna take it from me. She was burning everything in her path.” Landon tries to explain but Hope doesn’t want to listen.
“You want to explain to me what you were doing stealing the knife in the first place?” She asks him
“I don't remember stealing it”
“Of course not. How about pretending to be compelled?”
“That was to avoid being thrown back in the werewolf dungeon” He argues as he stands. He has a point there, those cells are creepy.
“Transitional cellar.”
“Small spaces!” Landon walks closer getting in Hope's face and I stand back and watch knowing that he wouldn't be able to hurt Hope but keeping an eye on her cause if she gets angry she can hurt him. “Hope, you have to understand, Dr. Saltzman had already told me the school wasn’t gonna let me stay. If he thought I'd talk, he’d lock me back up. There wasn’t a good ending for me. I didn’t want to steal from you and I don’t want a fire-breather chasing me. I'm sorry for all of it.” He storms away and that's when I walk over to Hope.
“He’s not lying. I know him. Now, if he says that there’s a fire-breathing woman running through the woods, then there is a-” Rafael starts.
“There's a fire-breathing woman running through the woods.” My dad says as he walks into the cellar. All of us look at each other. “Did I or did I not say don’t engage?”
“He’s only dangerous if crappy apologies can kill.” I try to stifle my laugh from what Hope said.
“Looks can be deceiving. Now our bus refugee turns out she’s a pyromancer.” Dad says.
“Wait, what's a pyromancer?” Landon asks, confused.
“A fire-breathing witch.” Hope states as I grab onto her arm. “Ric, she wants the knife.”
“Okay, well, where is it?” Rafael asks Hope as we all turn to look at Landon.
“I lost it in the woods. I was running around in circles all night trying to find a place to hide.”
“Okay. Okay. Well, let's find it before she does, huh?” Making our way out of the cellar we end up face to face with the witch. Hope slightly pushes me back but I step out from behind her.
“We don’t want any trouble.” As dad finishes talking the lady holds out her open hand and turns to look at Landon.
“What does she want?” Says Rafael.
“I don’t know.” Landon says.
“Hope, the knife” I whisper to her.
“Maybe she wants the knife you said you don’t have.” Hope turns to glare at him.
Just then the ladies eyes turn red and dad quickly makes us go back into the cellar for safety. We manage to close the door right as the fire reaches it.

“Where the hell is it?” she yells at Landon.
“I’m sorry. I panicked.” He takes out the knife and hands it over to Hope.
“Hope doors.” Dad says.
“Got it. Adiuuatur.” Hope says and quickly puts out the fire. “Okay, it's a quick fix. It won't last long.”
“All right, great, I need a cell phone.” Dad says.
“Take your pick.” Landon points to a barrel with many phones inside and other items inside.
“What is all this?” Hope asks.
As Rafael picks up a license and reads it he says “it’s from the people on the bus.” They both turn to look at Landon as I slide down onto the floor and let out a sigh.
“I didn’t bring it here. I-”
“If he says I swear one more time, I'm gonna melt him.”
“I’d let her.” I state as I look at the trio arguing.

“Please tell me you have something.” dad says to Dorian on the phone.
“Where are you?” Dorian's voice is muffled on the phone but we can still make out bits and pieces he says.
“Root cellar full of contraband that our pickpocket Landon Kirby claims he didn’t steal.” Hope answers angrily.
“There’s a fire-breather outside. Can you prioritize your rage?” Rafael states to Hope annoyed.
“Dragon.” Is all Dorian says causing all of us to look confused. Dorain and dad go back and forth for a moment before dad slightly gives in.
“She’s a, a human dragon. Now what?” Dad asks
“In anything i’ve ever read”
“In fiction” Dad cuts him off.
“The way to take down a dragon, you need a buttload of courage and a sword.”
“How about a knife?” Hope holds up the knife and walks out of the cellar. Using her magic she makes the dragon go flying back.
I wait in the cellar with dad, Landon, and Rafael for a moment until me and Rafael come out and see Hope trying her hardest to keep the fire from coming straight at her. Thinking quickly Rafael grabs an object and throws it at the lady causing her to fall and stop spitting fire.
“Took you long enough.” Hope says
“Sorry I couldn’t find a rock.”
“There’s literally a lair full of heavy objects.” Hope says to Rafael.
“Hope, alley-oop.” Rafael takes off and Hope throws the knife to him. Jumping off of something he manages to stab the lady in the chest with the knife. Getting down he yanks the knife out of her chest and hands it back to Hope.
“You all alright? Let’s give her a proper burial. See if you can find a shovel.” Dad says. We make our way back towards the cellar.
“Hope, do you think it was actually a dragon?” I ask as I spot a shovel and grab it then hand it to her.
“I'm not sure. Anything is possible.” she answers as we make our way out of the cellar.
“Dad.” I start before stopping in my tracks along with everyone else as we see the giant dragon in front of us.
“You guys go. Get to the car and get out of here.” Hope throws the shovel to the side.
“What about you?” Rafael asks.
“I have an Idea. Nova, I'll need your help.”
“What?” Dad says.
“She wants this. She’s going to be back.”
“All right, you two, go to the car. I'll meet you there. Go, go. You wake up with a death wish today?” He asks Hope.
“Something like that.” I look at her as she says this and I see guilt swirling in her eyes. Deciding not to question it until we get out of this situation I keep quiet and follow behind her as she begins walking.

“All right, it's coming back. Now what?” Dad says
“You should take cover.”
“Like hell.”
“Then tell me how I'm gonna explain to your daughters that all that's left of you is hot ash.”
“Dad, please just take cover.” I say. I really didn’t want to have to go home and explain to my older sisters that our dad was gone.
“The dad card?” He exclaims. “That's a low blow.”
“Dad go!” I yell at him.
“All right.” he says taking off.
I look over at Hope as she pulls a piece of paper out of her pocket and begins unfolding it.
“Hope what's that?”
“I need you to trust me, okay?” She says as she holds the paper in the middle of us and the knife in the air. Nodding, I put my hand on her arm and began to chant the words written on the paper. As the dragon gets closer the wind starts to pick up causing leaves to start flying around. As the dragon gets almost to us it falls to the ground along with Hope and I.

When I wake up I slowly open my eyes to see Dad lecturing Hope about something with the paper in his hand.
“This isn’t earth magic, Hope!”
“This wasn’t an earth magic problem.”
“We don’t allow black magic.” Black magic? That's what that spell was? That must be why I feel so weak. “It gets inside your heart and poisons your mind. Now, I looked the other way this morning cause I knew you were upset.” As dad and Hope continue arguing the world starts to go black again.

No ones:
“This is a death spell. A spell you couldn’t have known you needed to use on a dragon which means you had other plans for it.” The two stand in silence for a moment. “Landon did something stupid, maybe evil we won't know until we learn more, but he’s still just a kid, Hope and so are you. This hatred.. This vengeance is your father. It can’t be you. I won’t allow it. Now, you bury her.” Dr. Saltzmen walks away and makes his way to where his youngest daughter is lying passed out on the floor. Kneeling beside her he shakes her a little but gets no response.
Hope panics a little and tries to walk over to her but Alaric stops her.
“No Hope. You’ve done enough. I'm gonna take her to the car. Make sure you bury the dragon.” WIth that he lifts up his unconscious daughter and walks to the car.

Time skip:

Alaric walks into his twin daughters room still carrying Nova. Seeing that the girls are asleep on Lizzies bed her lays the youngest on Josies. Josie hearing the noise sits up.
“Dad?” Looking over she sees her younger sister passed out and gets a little worried. “I can explain” Lizzie sits up then and Alaric sits on the bed and holds his two daughters.
“What happened to Nova, is she okay?” Lizzie asks looking over.
“She’s alright, just tired. I'm gonna take her back to her room in a minute.”

After he had gotten done loving on his oldest daughters he picks Nova back up and carefully makes his way to Hope’s room. He gives a knock on the door and it opens. He looks at her sadly as he notices the tear stains on her cheeks and her puffy eyes. Gently he puts Nova in Hope's outstretched arms and gives his sleeping daughter a kiss on the forehead. Slowly Hope makes her way to the bed and lays her girlfriend down in her spot on the bed before climbing into it and pulling the girl close as more tears escape her eyes.
“I'm so sorry. I promise I will never let you get hurt again.” She whispers into the air before falling into a light sleep.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

1.1M 44.1K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
605K 36.8K 101
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
278K 11.4K 40
ဤ Fic သည် အရမ်းရိုင်းစိုင်းသော အသုံးအနှုန်းတွေကိုသာသုံးထားသော Big Warning 🚨18+ Fic တပုဒ်ဖြစ်သည် ။
239K 5.9K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...