Half-Marriage

By Ishanvi20

A MaNan SS it is. It has a lot of leap as it will cover a lot of time distance. He fell for her first but Sh... More

Part 1 - His Life
Part - 2 Her Life
Part 3 - Turn of Events
Part - 4 Finally They Met
Part - 6 The Proposal
Part - 7 Its a YES
PART - 8 Heartbreaks & Tears
Part - 9
Prologue

Part - 5

193 23 0
By Ishanvi20

Next morning

ManBir tried to sleep but couldn't due to jetlag . They slept around 5 am. Around 11am Manik woke up and came down after finishing his mornig routine.

"Come Manik. We are about to have breakfast " Mahir asked seeing Manik and Manik came to him

"I am sorry I overslept " Manik apologized

"Don't be. We all overslept " Bella laughed "sirf Rishab is always an early riser " And Rishab just smiled to which Manik warmly smiled back .

Suddenly they heard Nandini shouting and chasing Raghav all drenched. And Rishab laughed at this. Soon they came near dining area.

"Bhai bachao " Raghav said hiding behind Rishab . Rishab was about to speak when all heard Nandini "koi ni bacha sakta teko mujhse " And the tom Jerry fight continued and everyone was looking at them in awe. But Manik baba is lost in her messy morning look. She was looking ethernal to him.

Nandini took the jug from BF table and tried to throw it at Raghav and before anyone could register, Rishab was all wet. Nandini bit her tongue when Rishab gave her "you are all gone " look.

"Sorry sorry sorry . But you look hot " Nandini said before running and Rishab started chasing her. They all went behind them , everyone was laughing while Manik's awwe expression changed into a horrified look listening to her, he was fuming seeing the closeness of Rishab & Nandini. He followed them to outside near pool area.

"Nandini Stop! " Rishab said but it was too late bcoz Nandini throw another jug of water at Rishab, which was placed in pool side table . Raghav Mahir and Bella laughed at him .

"Achhaw baht hasi aari hai na " Rishab asked coming closer to Mahir.. And Mahir nodded in yes trying hard to control his laughter. But soon his laughter died when he was being picked up by Rishab and before he knew he was already in the swimming pool.

Raghav was laughing when Nandini pushed him from behind, he straight fell into the pool.

"Bachhu kaisa laga?? " Nandini laughed and Raghav made a bad face.

"Mahir come " Bella forwarded her hands towards Mahir to help him but Mahir pulled Bella and she landed on Mahir in the pull.

Rishab looked at Nandini and Nandini looked at Rishab. She was just trying to escape when Rishab grabbed her and pushed her in to water. And everyone laughed.

"This is not fair yar Rishab " Nandini annoyingly said "now pick me up " Nandini said forwarding her hand towards Rishab to which he laughed

"No ways Murthy " Rishab denied . When Raghav started splashing water towards Rishab. And Rishab did the same coming inside the pool. The brothers started the water fight. And Bella and Mahir was busy in romancing. Nandini was laughing her heart out, when her eyes met Manik's. He was standing a little far watching them. Nandini gestured him to come and save her which he happily agreed and came towards the pool. He forwarded his hand towards Nandini and Nandini gave her hands to him and pulled him towards her. Manik lost his balance and fell down on her. They went deeper in water. Manik holding her waist to support himself and she held his shoulder tightly. A shiver ran down their spine when their eyes met . They came out of the water breathing heavily and burst into laughter looking at each other. Then only everyone noticed Manik. And Rishab noticed how close they are standing.

"Not done girl friend ! I was just trying to help and you " manik complained

"Arey even I helped you. Ab tumhe shower lene ki jarurat ni padegi " Nandini said with a proud look

"Then I should thank you " Manik asked and Nandni gave him a question look?? "Like this " Manik said splashing water on her and Nandini did the same. They started playing with each other when everyone came out of the pool except Raghav . Raghav went toward MaNan and soon Nandini was behind Raghav to save herself from Manik. Raghav too started splashing water at Manik . Trio played with water to their fullest . They came out of the pool when Rishab the good boy gave an angry look.

Cabir and Mukti came down yawning. Then they looked at everyone drenched in water .

"Wow you guys had shower together? " Cabir asked and Bella laughed at his question

"We were just enjoying in the pool, you missed it bro " Mahir replied

"Excuse me. I should change. And Raghav Nandini you both go and come down after changing. Warna thand lag jayegi " Rishab said looking at Raghav & Nandini. They both nodded like obedient students .

"Ye kya school principal hai kya " Cabir asked annoyed with Rishab's bossy nature

"Why bother?? When you are not the student of the school " Raghav gave it back and they both looked at each other with same annoyed expression

"You go and change. I will manage here " Manik whispered in Nandini's ear. And She nodded not wanting to choose between her two idiot best friends . She gave a thankful look and went towards her room. Where mukti was having breakfast not bothering about whats happening.

"Dude back off. Was not talking to you " Cabir asked Raghav

"He is my brother FYI so I won't take anything against him" Raghav replied

"Okay.. Guys enough. Let's not fight. Come on!! For Nandini, usse achha nahi lagega agar uske dono best friends aise ladenge " Manik said jumping in the conversation

"Whatever " Raghav Cabir said together
"For Nandini " Again they muttered together. And moved in opposite direction. Raghav went to his room, and cabir went to dining to fill his tommy. And Manik also went to his room to change.

Nandini came out of the washroom wearing a fresh pair of clothes and drying her hair with a towel. She looked at herself in the mirror and the pool incidence with Manik played in her mind in a loop. Unknowingly she blushed .

"What the hell? What is happening?? Why am I thinking about Manik? Damn Nandini think about Rishab  . You have to talk to him today like kaise bhi " Nandini scolded herself

Here Manik was talking a shower thinking about the same incident which he shared with Nandini. A constant smile was playing on his lips.  Soon he came out of the shower and changed himself with fresh clothes. Set his hair and came out of his room looking all hot and handsome.

He was going towards the dining area when he bumped into something or someone.

"Ouch" And it was Nandini he noticed when  he saved her from falling, holding her waist. They both looked at each other

Rishab witnessed the scene Manik catching Nandini in his arms. They looked lost in each others eyes which made him uncomfortable.

Nandini observed his handsome face and sharp jawline, pink lips, his pointed nose and his eyes, damn they are so deep . While Manik was just living his dream. He never thought that his wish will grant this soon and Nandini will be in his arms in real. He wanted time to pause here only.

Rishab being the impaintent soul "Nandini" He literally shouted breaking their trance and they settled themselves hearing Rishab's shouting. They looked here and there to avoid the awkwardness.

"Thank you " Saying Nandini ran towards the dining where Rishab Mahir Mukti were sitting and Manik soon followed her.

"Bachho achha hua tum log yahi mil gaye " Mahir mom said coming near them . Manik too came and joined them. Soon bella and cabir too came there.

"Kal mehndi or sangeet. Next day haldi or raat ko Shadi. " Mahir mom said caressing bella's face. Cabir came & sat beside Nandini

"Mom wants to meet you " Cabir said Nandini and she nodded saying "even I am excited to meet her " And cabir smiled. Then they heard Mahir.

"Rishab or Nandini tum dono ki special performance chahiye hume " Mahir said demanding when Nandini laughed at this.

"Dance or ye?? Khada ho jaye mere sath to v baht badi baat hai " Nandini commented and Rishab made a face

"Omg Rishab Nandini ko ye v ni pata k tum kitne achhe dancer ho?? " Bella asked amused and Nandini made a confused face

"Or nahi to kya? " Mahir supported bella while Rishab awkwardly smiled at them. He is very bad at accepting complements.

"Guys chill. Bhai ko dance aata ho ya na ho. Nandini or bhai dance kr rahe hai and that's final " Raghav said and Cabir frowned

"Arey agar Rishab is not comfortable Nandini & Manik can pair. Bcoz mene or mukti ne already practice kr rakhi hai or Manik ko bada man hai dance krne ka " Cabir gave a lame excuse and Manik got a shock.

"Yeah bechare ko bada man tha k ek din wo v kisike sath aise shadi me dance krega India me " Mukti started her overacting to support Cabir

But Nandini excused herself and dragged Rishab with her to the garden area.

"Kya hua?? " Rishab asked once they reached garden

"You know everything about me. But i dont know any damn thing about you except your bday .. " Nandini angrily stated

"But you know about me " Rishab was scared

"No.. I don't know. Aapne kavi mere sath dance ni kiya?? Function me nahi. Festival me nahi. Parties me v jab aap plus one ban k jate the tab bhi nahi " Nandini asked and Rishab didn't know what to answer . But he smiled that she wanted to know.

"What?? Kya smile kya kat rahe ho?? Batao?? " Nandini demanded

"Arey?? What?? You never asked me to dance.. Humesha to Raghab k sath hi dance krti ho tum. " Rishab replid

"Offfooo Mr Oberoi kitni baar me aapko batau, ladkiya nahi puchhti dance k lie " Nandini huffed

"Kyu?? Badi aayi Ladkiya nahi puchhti? Baki sab me to feminist banti firti ho?? " Rishab questioned

Here Manik felt uncomfortable and left to his room giving an excuse. Bella & Mahir also went to see some preparation.

Raghav was about to leave too when Cabir asked " So you want to set Nandini with Rishab, aren't you?? "

Raghav stopped and looked at him with a smirk "Am not like you bro"

"What do you mean by that " Cabir asked

"You are the one who is playing cupid here " Raghav replied

"Yes bcoz I know Nandini and Manik will make a good pair " Cabir said without hesitation

"Good luck " Raghav said and turned other side

"You want Nandini to choose Rishab, don't you " Mukti asked and Raghav again turned to face them

"No. I want Nandini to choose her happiness. Yes agar wo chunti hai Bhai ko then I would be the happiest but agar bhai uski khusi nahi, Manik hai or koi v hai then me utna hi khush hunga " Raghav said making Cabir and Mukti guilty

"You know why?? Bcoz she is my best friend and am not here to play cupid in her life. Am here for her. Am here to support her " Raghav said looking straight into Cabir's eyes who claimed to be her best friend yesterday.

"Dude even I want her happiness " Cabir defended

"Then give her a fair chance at love Cabir. Let her experience true love. Don't get into some match making agenda for her. Don't make her feel the things which is not there. " Raghav asked clearly knowing his intention and Cabir felt happy seeing his care .

"Am glad she found you Raghav " Cabir smiled for the first time from his heart " And yeah I was lil biased towards Manik but trust me Nandini's happiness matters to me the most " Cabir explained and hugged him

"Thank you for making me understand " Cabir said in the hug and Raghav hugged him back . 

"Am glad you understood " Raghav said breaking the hug. Cabir nodded.

"Desh k lie to humne kuchh nahi kiya. But Nandini k lie hum jaan de denge " Cabir said dramatically and Raghav & Mukti  laughed at this

Cabir - So what's the plan

Raghav - Nandini never dated anyone. Apparently she is waiting for "the one" But now the situation is different, she don't have time to wait.

Mukti - So all we have to do is to help her finding the one

Raghav - Exactly.. So if you wanna ship MaNan i dont have any problem but i want Manik to take steps for Nandini not you guys

Cabir - Got it bro.. Let's do this..

Raghav - over & out!!

In garden

Nandini was sitting with a grumpy face . Rishab came and sat beside her.

"I am sorry " Rishab said cheekily

"Why?? " Nandini asked

"Bcoz I made you upset " Rishab genuinely answered

"You should be sorry for not telling me all this about you Rishab .. You know I am feeling like a stranger now, mujhe kuchh ni pata tumhare bare me na " Nandini huffed

"But you know you are not stranger to me?? To why you upset?? " Rishab asked

"But tumhe mere bare me sab pata hai Rishab.. You know literally everything about me.. Or mujhe q ni pata?? I don't even know your fav food " Nandini sadly answered

"Par kya tumne mujhe bataya sab apne bare me?? I know what I observed. Or Mujhe kaha sab pata hai??  Manik " He paused "mujhe to pata v ni tha that a boy friend exist in your life" Rishab asked a bit upset and Nandini realized that's true, Nandini never shared any of her personal details to him. And about liking and disliking, he observed her keenly, which she ignored about him.

"You have a point though, but still am gussa " Nandini said pouting

"Bt the thing is do you want to know me Nandini?? " Rishab asked hopefully

"Ofcrse " Nandini replied immediately and Rishab got happy.

"Then let's spend some time together aaj shaam ko.. Just you and me.. " Rishab asked

"Like a date?? " Nandini asked

"No..  I mean like friends " Rishab answered

"What about function " Nandini asked

"Humara ni hai na?? We can skip " Rishab answered with a smirk

"Cool " Nandini answered and "even I have to talk to you about something "

"Cool .. So be ready by 7 pm. " Rishad said before getting up. They both left for lawn where everyone was there.

"Wow.. Here is our power couple " Mahir said as soon as they entered inside the hotel

"Aww you guys look cute together and their height difference is damn cute, kyu Rishab " Bella asked and Rishab was in a fix to what to answer. So he thought to use his sense of humor to make Nandini less awkward.

"Well mujhe to baby " Pointing towards Nandini "sitter " Pointing towards him "wali vibe aati hai " Saying he started laughing and Nandini glared him.

"I am going to my room" She announced before leaving.

*Nandini's room*

"What's wrong " Raghav entered and she smiled

"Now that you are here am sure I will deal with all the wrongs " Nandini replied making him smile

" I thought to give her some time with your best friends " Raghav taunted and she chuckled seeing her insecure best friend

" What?? If you have to choose one of us whom will you choose Nandini " Raghav asked

"You.. " She replied instantly

"What " A baffled Cabir entered their room and Raghav smirked

"Really?? " Cabir asked and Nandini nodded.

"The Nandini you knew , is different from this Nandini Cabir.. This new Nandini needs Raghav the most to maintain the sane self  " Nandini replied making Raghav's heart flutter. His insecurity flew away just in fraction second ..

"Honestly I am happy that you got him " Cabir spoke, as he realized she is right. Things change with time. Even though he loves Nandini but his love for Manik is overpowering.

"Me too.. " Raghav and Nandini both spoke at the same time and laughed before hugging each other.

" FOMO , I can relate now " Cabir said dramatically before Raghav dragged him into the hug.

"Okay guys now go.. I need to get ready. " Nandini said breaking the hug

"For?? " Raghav asked

"Your bhai asked me out and I said yes " Nandini replied opening her cupboard looking for a suitable dress

"Nandini I am sorry I am asking this but are you really thinking about going ahead with Rishab??? I mean do you like him " Cabir asked

" Like kya I love him.. " Nandini replied making Cabir and Raghav shocked and surprised.

"Tonight will either make us Or break us.. So I will answer your question tomorrow " Nandini completed

"Just choose your happiness " Raghav asked and Nandini nodded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.1K 3.5K 11
Hi guys this is a short story of our favourite couple manan . This story is about how manan fall in love and support each other in their hard times...
3.2K 38 21
He fell first but she fell harder P.S: Do not look at the hashtags pleaseπŸ˜”πŸ™πŸ» #647- no (29.11.2022) #216- no (12.01.2023) #184-no (03.02.2023) #144...
991K 65.9K 56
This is my second Manan story... jump in to the bumpy ride to see if love actually happens or not...
15.9K 1.3K 25
A Unnav love stry...How 2 people starts falling for each other !!