Save my life | D. Ricciardo

By niallspotatozs

Save my life | D. Ricciardo An athlete's worst fear is for that one career-ending accident to happen to them... More

𝐒𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐌𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞
*
*
*
Prologue
001
002
004
005
006
007
008
009
010

003

278 5 2
By niallspotatozs

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

"Aliyah, even though you are no longer employed by Red Bull. That is not to say that Red Bull is going to treat you like family."

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦✧.·:·.*═╝

May 24th, 2022
London, England

"Aliyah De Leon is back in the limelight!" Teddy dramatically continued reading the headlines making Aliyah roll her eyes as prepared their order.

That article blew things away out of proportion, Aliyah was never 'hiding' in retirement per se, she was just not as active online as she once was. The pandemic did help though, in giving her some type of privacy. As it gave the media something else to talk about, and left Aliyah alone to recover.

She was currently working the morning shift at Liwanag. When her friends decided to show up at the cafe for breakfast and to see Aliyah off. Seeing as her flight was that afternoon.

"You, know... I generally forgot Leah was super famous for a hot minute" Maya giggled, playing with the sugar packets on the table.

"Well, you clearly haven't seen her every time we go home then..." Teddy snickered as he continued scrolling through his phone.

"You know, I'm letting you guys eat here for free right?" Aliyah raised a brow at her best friend as she brought out their order of waffles and coffee.

"And we love you so much for it baby" Teddy looked up at her, blowing her a kiss. Making Aliyah scrunched her face, as Maya and Tom chuckled at the two Filipinos.

Ever since they first met in high school, Aliyah and Teddy have been each other's ride-or-die. Aliyah even appointed Teddy as her business partner for Liwanag. However, he only handles the business and logistical aspects of things. Even if his life depended on it, the poor guy can't cook or bake. Other than that he works as a photographer back home in the Philippines. But recently he's been getting more notary around the world.

Maya was Aliyah's teammate while she was a Red Bull athlete. Although she continues to work for Red Bull, she is also a diver for Team GB at the Olympics, which is how Aliyah and Tom first met in Rio de Janeiro in 2016.

There were three other people, that made their little group. Which were Alex, Lily, and Gia. Aliyah had met them through ADL Sports back in 2017 when Alex was still back in Formula 2 and had just signed with ADL. Aliyah was actually the reason why Alex had met Lily, as she introduced the two at an ADL Sports event in 2018 seeing as Lily also signed at ADL. It didn't come as a shock to Aliyah when the two announced they were dating a year later, she could basically see Alex's eyes turn into little hearts the moment he met Lily.

Gia on the other hand was a PR officer and a Media consultant at ADL Sports, Aliyah became close to her when she found out that Gia also volunteers at the PRC. Through the help of Aliyah and Alex, she was able to reach her dream job working as the head media content creator for Formula 1.

The three of them weren't there as Alex and Gia were already in Monaco for the Grand Prix, while Lily was in San Diego visiting her family, but she will be flying to Monaco tonight to be there for Alex.

The seven of them were always there for one another. They all tried to be there for each other's big milestones in some way or another.

Aliyah's best memories were still them going to watch Lily's tournaments or the time Gia, Alex, Lily, Teddy, and Tom flew out to watch Aliyah and Maya dive for Red Bull in Paris. Or when Lily had faced timed them from the race in Australia for Alex's debut in F1. Or when all of them surprised Aliyah in 2019 by flying out to the Philippines to cheer her on in her home country for the SEA game where she won gold.

Or how all of them watched on Zoom call as Tom and Maya won Gold and silver in the 2020 Olympics because of quarantine. Or how they all somehow surprised Gia with balloons and Alcohol when it was announced she got her job in F1.

And when Aliyah had her accident in 2019, all of them flew from everywhere they were in the world, just to be by her side. Even when Aliyah had tried to push them away, and believe me she tried. They still stood by her, even to the point where the first few months when Aliyah had started physical therapy one of them always tried to come and join her. And to that, she is eternally grateful to have them.

"Well, I personally, think it's a great idea for you to go! And at least you'll get to spend time with the others" Tom smiled, making Aliyah roll her eyes at the Olympian as she placed down her friends' order on their table.

The moment Alex, Lily, and Gia found out Aliyah was actually coming to Monaco. They begged her to stay for a few extra days. To hang out in Alex's apartment seeing as the three of them barely see Aliyah since they mostly live in Monaco now.

"Yeah, maybe Leah can finally get laid!" Maya grinned at her wiggling brows.

Aliyah shook her head throwing a sugar packet at Maya, making her gasp.

"Hey!"

"She has a point, Leah, the drivers are hot..." Teddy said practically drooling at Carlos Sainz and Charles Leclerc as he at this point while stalking the Formula One's Instagram page. "Maybe Alex can set you up with one or two..."

"Hey! I'm purely there to support my siblings and to have a good time" she said giving a pointed look at her friend as she went back behind the counter.

"And a good time she will get!" A voice boomed from the door making Aliyah and her Friends look to see what it was.

"Christian!" She smiled warmly at the man at the door. "What, are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in Monaco by now?"

"I should, My flight leaves in an hour. But I wanted to get the team 2 boxes of dozen of the finest pastries in London" He smiled, as aliyah rolled her eyes at the flatter.

"Well, then let me go get those for you, James can handle you upfront. Right James?" Aliyah turned to one of the employees that had been working with her.

He nodded and turned to Christian "This way please, Mister Horner" pointing to the cash register.

Christian nodded and passed by her friends' table "Maya..." greeted her

"Christian" Maya smiled in return.

"Here you go Christian," Aliyah said, placing the 2 boxes of pastries on the counter in front of him.

"Thank you Aliyah... but I have to say that I do have one more reason why I came here" Christian confessed, pulling out a box and placing it in front of her.

Aliyah frowned looking up at the box and then at Christian. "What's this?"

He smiled and said "Open it" Nodding at the box, Aliyah looked at him with a raised brow and opened it, to reveal VIP Red Bull hospitality passes for all three days of the Grand Prix.

It was safe to say she was speechless. She looked up at Christian with wide eyes "Christian... I-I... I can't accept this... if the board of directors or the FIA finds out-"

Christian stopped her ranting by shaking his head and waving her off "Oh don't worry about that Aliyah."

"I already talked to the FIA and the board of directors at ADL. They see no problem with it, seeing as you have no part in the decision-making. And if anyone does find a problem with it. Well, they can just fuck off. " he shrugged, making her let out a giggle.

For some unknown reason, Christian had always had a soft spot for the girl. The two met when her coach at the time introduced them at a Red Bull event around 2011 when Aliyah was only 17. Even back then he saw that burning passion she had for diving. The same passions he likes to see in the drivers he signs.

It broke his heart to see that passion has dwindled ever since her accident. He just hopes it's still there, and maybe someday it will spark again.

"Christian, I still can't accept this... I already got passes." Aliyah tried to argue but just waved her off again.

"Aliyah, even though you are no longer employed by Red Bull. That's not to say that Red Bull isn't going to treat you like family."

"You'll always be part of the Red Bull family, once you're in Aliyah"

~~

May 25th, 2022
Nice Côte d'Azur Airport,
France

After Christian practicality forced the passes on her, much to Aliyah's protest. He bid her and her friends goodbye.

While Aliyah finished her shift an hour after leaving James in charge for the time being.
She left to go finish packing as well as handing Pablo over to Tom as he was going to take care of him while Aliyah was gone.

Now after a 2 hour flight, Aliyah was finally in the nice airport. Walking out the door felt like a breath of fresh.

She looked around, only to see her grinning older brother holding up his iPad with her name on it.

She couldn't help but smile brightly, as her feet carried her to him. Tackling him in a hug.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you..." Aliyah mumbled in Cebuano to his chest making her brother roll his eyes at her.

"We FaceTime each other every other night Leah" Anthony retorted as they let go of each other.

"You know well, enough that is not the same kuya,"  Aliyah says matching his tone.

But Anthony just rolled his eyes at her as he grabbed her luggage. "Come on, how was your flight? Was your leg okay? No pain or anything? "

Aliyah's brothers have always been a little overprotective and overbearing at times, especially towards her.

It came with the 17-year age difference. Her brothers practically raised her and Anita growing up while their parents were away.

So all the questions didn't come as a shock to her at all. She actually expected it, that's why Aliyah just rolled her eyes at her brother. "Kuya, I'm fine, The flight was fine, no leg pains or anything, and the food was surprisingly good"

Anthony just rolled his eyes and smiled, as he wrapped one of his arms around her shoulders as they walked towards the car. "Good... that's good"

They both walked a little bit more when they finally stopped in front of a parked vintage powered blue Mercedes-Benz 190SL

Aliyah stopped and looked at her brother with a raised brow. "This is the company car?"

A far cry from the regular black SUV or van she was used to when she traveled with her family.

"Well... it can be." Anthony sweetly smiled back at her, as he began lugging up her luggage in the back seat.

Aliyah just stared at him in disbelief and let out a chuckle. "And does Kuya know about this?" She questioned.

Knowing how Alfred would totally flip out if he found out about this "unnecessary expense".

"Yes... Well technically no. I listed it as a normal SUV in the report. But we're in Monaco so I thought why not" Anthony said as he finished up.

"Sweet. Can I drive it?" Aliyah said with a smile still admiring the car.

"Sure, as long as you don't tell Kuya about it. You can drive it for the rest of the time you here" Anthony smiled as he tossed her the keys.

"This is why you've always been my favorite," Aliyah said pointing at him as her brother just chuckled as he opened the door for her to get in.

They have been driving for about a few minutes now, nearing the border between France and Monaco. When Anthony suddenly spoke up.

"So Aliyah..."

"Oh dear god, what now?" Aliyah groaned her eyes still focused on the road.

It was common knowledge that her family never used her full name except for the times they were angry with her or they wanted something from her.

From the tone, Anthony said he either wanted something or had already done something that involved her.

"Look, I know we agreed that you have no involvement with any of the discussion-making or aspects of the evaluation. And purely there as a guest of the company." Anthony recapped, but Aliyah had a feeling there was a 'but' coming.

"But..." there it was.

"We're short-staffed right now. And we need you to look at a few of the teams tomorrow" Anthony said it so quickly out of fear of how his sister might react, that Aliyah almost didn't catch it.

"What!? Kuya! What happened to me getting a break from working?!" Aliyah exclaimed, briefly taking her eye off the road to look at her brother.

"I know, I know! And I'm sorry but one of the assistants is having trouble with their visa and can't come till Friday. And you're the only one here that I trust with this stuff. Plus it's only for tomorrow. " Anthony apologizes and explains, looking at her with begging eyes.

Aliyah's eyes flickered to her brother and sighed "Fine... I'll do it but just for tomorrow!"

Anthony smiled her brightly "Great! Thank you so much, Leah! I'll send you the info right now. And I promise this won't ever happen again!" He said as he tapped away on his iPad.

"Yeah, yeah whatever... no wonder you gave me the car," Aliyah said grumbling the last part as they began to enter the border of Monaco.

~~

'@𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐨𝐧 posted on their only friend's story!'

↳@anthonydeleon replied to your story:
Rude.

Idk what you want from me, bro.
🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

@giatorres replied to your story:
BITCJ OUI OUI
BAGUETTE🥖 UR ASS OVER
HERE AND HURRY UP! 👹👹

Oui mademoiselle 🫡

@alfreddeleon replied to your story:
Who's car is that?

Uhhh...
Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior's ?

~~

BELLA SPEAKS

I'm back bitches. I apologize to this late update got busy with school and stuff. Anyway the Hungarian, Belgium, Dutch and Italian gp happen.

Let's just say my stress levels for Daniel's career as be through the roof every since is that crash.  And 10/10 for max!?!?? Plus CARLOS IN P2???? LETSSS GOOOO VAMOSSS!!!

✨🌻🦡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 4K 49
'Someone who has undergone challenges but continues to thrive despite everything they've gone through. Sometimes, you don't recognize a broken soul u...
22.3K 414 42
Bria is the sister of famous F1 driver Daniel Ricardo and has her own impressive career as a professional diver. However after an incident with Land...
79.6K 1.3K 27
❝ we don't talk enough, we should open up, before it's all too much ❞ *೨⋆*✩▀ two drivers two teams two feeli...