IMPERFECTIONS ©️

By w0ckstarr

we all have imperfections. More

0̶0̶1̶
0̶0̶2̶
0̶0̶4̶
0̶0̶5̶
0̶0̶6̶
0̶0̶7̶
0̶0̶8̶
0̶0̶9̶
0̶̶1̶̶0̶
011
012
013

0̶0̶3̶

2.3K 150 27
By w0ckstarr

𝘙𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘝𝘪𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘢 ...
𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘚𝘩𝘺𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘙𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘥
✧*. 𝘔𝘖𝘖𝘒𝘐𝘌 .*✧
◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

"mhm yeah I-I-m I'm de-de-de-des-I—I-desiree" she croaked looking at herself in the mirror as she spoke. she had been speaking more lately more so in her room by herself and sometimes sentences with sharmein.

desiree huffed growing annoyed at the sound of her voice but she was making steady progress from her point of view. she at least said one word without stuttering.

she studied her condition and feels like her stuttering is a psychological thing. she thinks her mind is so used to being over-spoken and cut off that it automatically repeats itself.

getting back into bed she turned over seeing three cars pull up to the house. she had been here for a little minute 4 weeks to be exact.

she had been very grateful for her position in life and for the people who surround her. but most of all she had been observant. she doesn't speak much so she watches and she knows that her cousins are a part of a friend group a rather large one.

she wasn't sure how many people but she knew there were at least 6 people including her cousins. knowing them they are going to try and introduce her to everyone which is fine with her but just not right now.

right now she's still trying to keep her unspoken word to jaquil. she thinks about him almost every day and hopes to see him one day and introduce him to the desiree SHE wants to be.

hoping out of bed desiree decided to be spontaneous. she took off her house clothes replacing them with some black leggings and a graphic tee. she slipped on some black nike slides showcasing her freshly painted french toes.

the girls had their maintenance day a few days ago and being obsessed with self-love was something she was feeling. pampering herself after all these years felt good.

she walked over to her vanity and began taking down her hair, she had some boho braids in right now and she was really giving earthy.

she styled her hair in a little side action and slipped on some bracelets. she applied some lipgloss and lotion to her face before grabbing a small duffel bag.

she left her room closing the door behind herself. she was going to take herself on a picnic at the park that's right down the street from the house. jasmine had given her a mental health book and she wanted to read it surrounded by nature. she also wanted to be alone.

after securing the book in her bag she made her way to the kitchen to grab some snacks and something to drink. to her surprise, she walked into a packed kitchen. unfamiliar faces stared at her and she stared back.

"why are y'all staring so hard..?" alex said as he walked into the kitchen.

"we not she looking at us." a girl said with irritation laced through her tone.

"girl calm down yo ass started bleeding this week now you gotta problem with everything and everyone get yo tampon outta twist." another girl mugged.

desiree opened her bag and placed it on the counter and shuffled her way to the pantry.

"I'm just saying it's disrespectful a little, walking into a room and not greeting guests. like what" the girl continued.

"girl bye if she doesn't wanna speak she isn't obligated to you moving weird right now." a boy said

"ight bra. all I did was state my opinion you know what I'll introduce myself." the girl said making her way up to desiree who was now holding some oreos, hot fries, some gummy worms, skittles, cheese its, and some fruit roll ups.

"hey i'm Nicki, nice to meet you." she smiled holding out her hand.

desiree smiled she had been practicing saying hello my name is desiree for weeks and she wanted to see if her hard work paid off.

"he-hello my name is desiree, n-n-nice to me-mee-meet you." she said as everyone looked at her in awe.

"who yo kin?" nicki asked as desiree placed her things on the counter.

"eveyone who lives here." she signed before walking over to the fridge.

"why are you using sigh language if you can speak.." nicki said lifting an eyebrow.

"because she can the fuck. don't ask my cousins no more fucking questions. who let you in my house anyway. bitch leave." destiny said coming into the kitchen on hots.

"oh destiny please. ion got no beef with you and you know it. we already talked about our issues and moved past it! I wasn't even being rude I simply just asked a couple questions you know I love a good question." she defends herself looking at destiny who just rolled her eyes.

"ion give a fuck i'm on ten bout my cousin always." she said helping desiree pack her things up.

both girls left the kitchen and entered the living room where more people sat.

"party or something?" desiree signed looking at destiny.

"no baby it's friday we hosting a get together for friends and friends of friends. its our week and since we have been dissing them to hang with you we had to do it." she said making desiree nod.

that was cool and all but she still wanted to skip out and go to the park and be by herself for a bit. she hasn't really been alone since she dropped in north carolina.

there has always been someone close or near by but she wanted a little time to herself. she was on her healing journey and getting to know herself and a good bit of that time is spent alone.

her peace is one of the biggest things she is working towards right now but finding what keeps her at ease is what really is driving her.

"going to the park for a bit to read" she signed before hugging destiny.

desiree walked over to meer who was actively talking to someone. he halted his convo to speak. "i'm leaving to go to the park use that facetime thing to call if you need anything." she signed.

he nodded and hugged her before she walked out of the house.

tossing her light bag over her shoulder she pulled her iPhone 13 pro max out her pocket examining what little notifications she had.

she still wasn't familiar with the whole social media thing. she was really only in tune with snapchat because that's what was popular when she was around. she doesn't even have an instagram or anything just snapchat.

she pulled her airpods out her ear sticking both in before walking down the step. she scanned over a playlist that was shared to her since she wasn't really in tune with the new music either.

now playing Almeda by Solange

"what was allat commotion before mookie left?" meer asked pulling his dreads into the eren yeager style.

"man that bitch nicki was asking mookie questions and you know her ass throws them shit like she a cop." destiny grunted getting irritated all over again.

"understandable you want me to ask her to leave?" he said, destiny shook her head no. she wasn't bothered she was just standing up for mookie.

"i'm cool on allat you know ion give a fuck twin." she said dapping him up. he laughed dappin her up too.

"I be forgetting we twins sometimes no cap." he laughed making her mug.

"boy fuck ya. where yo lil ting at?" she said lifting an eyebrow. janari would never miss an event especially at the house because she always finds a reason to stay over. literally... always.

"she coming now she said she had to pick up a friend then they sliding." he said.

"so what does that mean she not sleeping over you know she always does." she laughed making him roll his eyes.

"naaa we can't be ina room together so she not staying." he laughed making destiny's face ball up in disgust.

"y'all like that.." she laughed

"twin when I tell you that girl is a demon with a pretty face my god ine lying. she be having me weak boy and we ane even smashed yet. but god she be snatching my soul with that long ass—STOP" destiny quickly screamed covering her ears.

"NO!" she said before walking off.

meer burst into a fit of laughter watching her walk away.

"yo meerkat." a deep voice said making meer turn around at the only person who calls him that. Chandler 

"lemarrr" he laughed dapping up chandler who smiled flashing his bottom grills. "my boy when did you get that!" meer smiled.

"about two days ago I ordered them like a month ago tho." he nodded showing the girl behind him.

"oh who is this?" meer said looking at the semi-tall dark-skin girl.

"my niece Kenori." he said introducing her.

"sup" she nodded.

meer did a head nod then looked and chandler who shrugged and rolled his eyes. "hmm i'm not going to voice my thoughts because you for once in a good mood so bye the door is being rang." he smiled quickly backing away from them both.

"really you couldn't be nice." he said side-eyeing her.

"big C I was nice I didn't just stare this time." she mugged before walking away. she wanted to find somewhere to sit alone and was going to do just that. chandler was irritating her.

he rolled his eyes watching her walk away and just like that he was annoyed. he had no patience at all. he went to the backyard needing to smoke and level his mind.

"awee my girl." meer smiled seeing janari with a massive smile on her face. "meer" she cheesed hugging him tightly. she kissed his cheek as they let each other go.

"I missed you, you missed me." she smiled looking up at him.

"always missing you baby," he said softly pecking her lips.

"can I please walk into the house I might actually die if I watch this any longer." the girl behind janari said with a disgusted look on her face.

"oppsie, meer this is my homegirl Sonjae, sonjae this is meer." she introduced.

"nice meeting you." she smiled before sliding past them both into the busy house.

"she means no harm her and her man into it so she's pissy." janari laughed hugging up on meer who closed the door.

"let's go up to my room for a lil bit." he said and she nodded quickly.

destiny sat down on the couch looking at everyone having a good time. glancing around the scene she saw nicki talking to alex. rolling her eyes she went on her phone to text mookie because it's been a couple hours and she wasn't back yet.

just as she sent her test the door opened and slammed shut bringing everyone to a halt.

a mad and soaked desiree appeared. an irritated face expression surfaced on her face as she mugged everyone in the room.

"mookie what.."

desiree just walked off slipping off her wet shoes and retreating upstairs. opening her room door she was surprised to see two girls sitting in silence on their phones.

was she annoyed yes but did she care they were there no. she just wanted to shower and change that's all.

a light knock at the door hit before it was opened. "mookie what the hell happened to you" destiny said watching as she began stripping from her clothes.

the two girls who were there just turned away and kept to themselves. they caught the drift they weren't bothering desiree so they minded their business both at the same time putting in airpods to mind there's.

"I-I-I got c-ch-chased by a d-d-d-dog and it -b-b-b-began rai-ning." she said walking over to her connected bathroom.

instantly she started some hot water and wrapped her braids into a ponytail.

"i'm sorry that happened mookie." destiny pouted looking at her worn out cousin. she looked annoyed at mother nature for sure.

"i'm okay." she said.

"OMG YOU SAID THAT WITHOUT STUTTERING!" destiny clapped bringing a smile to desiree's face.

"well ima leave you be, do you want me to ask those girls to leave ion mind moving them to my room since they not bothering anyone." she offered but desiree shook her head.

"they are fine." she signed making her nod. destiny blew a kiss before leaving the room.

exhausted and feeling cold desiree began to clean herself up. she did read her book and find peace at the park but she should have checked the weather, that was on her. she wanted to be spontaneous and boom so did Mother Nature.

after cleaning up and getting back into her regular headspace she walked into her room with a robe on. she grabbed a few items around her room and retreated back to the bathroom.

after lotioning up, and slipping on some comfortable clothes aka some shorts and a cropped top she left the bathroom.

"hey girly." one of the girls smiled at desiree. she smiled back wanting to speak just in case she didn't understand sign language.

"hello i'm desiree what's y-your name." she said taking a seat next to her.

"i'm kenori nice meeting you. my fault for being in yo space I just didn't wanna be bothered with everything going on downstairs." she explained making desiree nod.

n-no p-p-pro-pro-proble-m I g-g-ge-get it." she said with a nod.

"hmm I wonder why you're stuttering your obviously taking your time to speak." kenori said placing her finger on her chin.

"that was weird no cap." the other girl said straying her eyes away from the phone. "my mom homegirl friend stutters when he talks fast that is maybe it's something triggering it. i'm sonjae by the way." she said making both kenori and desiree nod.

desiree stood up grabbing her phone before taking a seat back down. she opened the notes app and began typing. she figured it would be easier to speak that way.

Notes.
I think I only stutter because my brain is used to being cut off. idk how to explain it really.

"hmm okay so you think because people use to cut you off or halt your sentences you autocorrect an start over and over until you force yourself to spit the words out." kenori said and desiree nodded.

"have you tried to get any help?" sonjae asked

Notes
naaa i'm helping myself i've been practicing a lot

"hmm how about this ion got no friends and yes i'll say that cause hoes weird, you wanna be friends and I can help you work through your stutter?" kenori smiled holding out her hand.

desiree's eyes lit up at her hand quickly she took it and smiled. she looked over at sonjae with a cheeky grin and held her other hand out.

"why I feel like i'm about to be stuck with y'all ass forever." sonjae playfully rolled her eyes taking desiree's hand.

"cause you are! real recognize real. like c'mon first we both walk into this room cause it just looks peaceful then the owner of the room walks in and allows us to stay even though she was clearly having a bad day and now we friends." kenori smiled.

"facts." sonjae laughed.

"ouuuu we got us a lil friend group now we gotta make a group chat!" kenori smiled pulling out her phone. god knows when was the last time she had friends. middle school maybe.

they all exchanged numbers and made a group chat.

TRIPLETS 🩶©️

Jae
copyrighting the name is crazy 😂

Ken
WE MUST PPL STEAL

laughing out loud

both sonjae and kenori looked up side eyeing desiree.

"you didn't just do that..." sonjae said poking out her bottom lip to hold in her laughter.

"you weren't even laughing how rude." kenori said holding her hand over her mouth.

"lol" desiree said before laughing out loud making both girls join in.

𖨆♡𖨆

SHE GOT FRIENDS 🫶🏽

whewww y'all i'm so excited for the book omg y'all don't understanddddd

nicki fc

chandler fc
NO FC YET IDKKKKJ

kenori fc

sonjae fc

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

479K 13.9K 64
𝗠𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗶𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗿, 𝗠𝗮𝘆𝗯𝗲 𝗜'𝗺 𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻' 𝗺𝘆𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁.
693K 25.6K 27
𝘪𝘥𝘬 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘱𝘢𝘥 𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯
466K 12.3K 43
Just read😌