IMPERFECTIONS ©️

By w0ckstarr

we all have imperfections. More

0̶0̶1̶
0̶0̶3̶
0̶0̶4̶
0̶0̶5̶
0̶0̶6̶
0̶0̶7̶
0̶0̶8̶
0̶0̶9̶
0̶̶1̶̶0̶
011
012
013

0̶0̶2̶

3K 161 5
By w0ckstarr

𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘢
𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘚𝘩𝘺𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘙𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘥
✧*. 𝘔𝘖𝘖𝘒𝘐𝘌 .*✧
◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

2 WEEKS LATER

"so I was just sitting there like bitch don't fucking try me, okay?" destiny rambled on the phone while desiree listened.

it had been two full weeks of being free, and desiree was adjusting nicely. she felt way more comfortable around her family again in just these two weeks. they took her to places like the mall, park, and arcade in the passing days.

desiree, sameer, and destiny have been inseparable since desiree touched down. they had been working with her to get her back into the groove of society. they got her a phone which she doesn't use but she'll start they are giving her a month before it becomes a part of her life.

they were also getting to know her again. they knew and understood she wasn't 13 year old mookie she was 18 now just like them a whole new person. some things may have stayed the same but they know a lot had changed.

"where have you and meer been at for two weeks!!! y'all literally just abandoned us." Janari said.

"meer and I told y'all our cousin just got back in town and we spending a lot of time with her to catch up." destiny said looking back at desiree who smiled a fake smile.

"can I meet her! pleaseee I love new people" she smiled setting up her camera.

destiny looked at desiree who nodded. shrugging her shoulders destiny turned the camera allowing mookie into the frame.

"what's this app called again?" she signed.

"facetime mookie" destiny laughed looking at her look at herself in the camera. she waved to janari who waved back with a smile. janari too was fluent in sign language.

"i'm janari nice to meet you what's your name?" she signed with a big smile.

janari was a pretty girl, brown-skin with dark black hair. she had black eyes and a facial structure to die for. she had a beautiful smile and plump lips.

"my name is desiree but everyone calls me mookie, you are very pretty!" she signed making janari smile.

"desiree is a beautiful name, and you're beautiful do you wanna be friends?" she said making desiree nod.

janari smile grew times three at her answer. janari was friendly very very very friendly. she was always nice to people even if they were extremely mean to her. she always sees the good in people and never lets bad things overrule their entire self-image. a blessing and curse.

"where meer fine ass at. I know he's around." she smiled just thinking about him.

"girl he's in the den with my daddy and uncle, they watching the game. you need to tell him you like him already!" destiny said shaking her head in annoyance.

janari has like sameer since middle school. she was always extra nice to him and always spent more time with him than anyone else. she was open about her crush only to destiny and now desiree.

"girl i've been all up on him since 6th grade he can't see I want him?!" she said lifting an eyebrow.

she always did the most when it came to meer. when he was playing football she was at every game in the stands screaming his name. wearing the number and everything. when he needed something she was there, if he was bored they would end up hanging out, hell even when he wasn't in the mood to talk he would ice out everyone but janari.

"oh your the girl on his lock screen now that i'm thinking about it." desiree signed making janari's face light up.

"IM HIS LOCK SCREEN!" she screamed jumping up and down. desiree and destiny both watched her fall and tumble in every direction.

"are you gonna tell her it's a group picture of her and her mom." destiny said looking and desiree who shrugged.

"oh then it's probably the graduation picture most likely. he wanted that picture so bad talking about he needed a pic with the nicest people in the world boy bye. whole time he taking a picture of his future family he needs to stop playing with me." she said just as the room door swung open.

"who needa stop playing with you beloved?" meer said taking a seat on the bed entering himself in the camera.

"you need to stop playing with me." she rolled her eyes crossing her arms over her chest.

"wha I do?" he laughed taking the phone. he always loved talking to janari she was such a strange human in his eyes. she was always smiling so much around him, always wanting a hug or some kind of affection, and always checked up on him. she was super nice extra nice to him but he didn't know what he did to deserve it he was grateful though.

"he like her?" desiree signed looking at the goofy smile that was plastered on his face as he spoke to her.

"i'm not sure I think he has a soft spot for her. personally I think they need to get together they would be cute." destiny signed making her nod.

she thought about it. if they both like each why not just exploit their feelings so they can be happy together? desiree wasn't good with social ques but maybe she could help them out.

"sa-a-m-samm- mhm" she said catching both meer and desiree's attention.

"what was that noise?" janari said but meer and destiny just patiently waited for her to get it out.

desiree gave up though she tried to speak and only irritated herself she was still going to say what she had to though. "janari likes you ask her on a date, right now." she signed making desiree's face completely drop.

she hand palmed her mouth in shock that desiree would spill the beans so quickly. desiree would have a longgg time ago but she was sworn to secrecy.

meer looked at her in shock. there was no way his dream girl liked him. he never spoke on his feelings because he didn't wanna mess up their friend group so he kept his feelings to himself but now knowing this information should he act on his heart for once..

turning back to the phone he smiled nervously, "yo nene you wanna uhmm go see that new spider-man movie with me?" he said rubbing his hand on the back of his neck.

"ouuu sure Kylo was asking to see it in the group chat should we— no I mean like just me and you type beat not nobody else." he said.

"a date?" she asked. she knew what she was doing she was messing with him a little. she knew this was a date and she had been craving a date from sameer ymir richmond since october of 2016!

"yes nene it's a date well I'm asking you on a date at least yeen gotta say yeah just cause it's me I understand if you're not interested." he said attempting to hide his nervousness.

he always liked him some nari he never minded being around her. he can't lie and say she wasn't his rock because she was. especially in 9th grade when desiree got shipped off to CADA he was devastated and she was there for him the whole time.

he remembers she would come over every day after school. helping with homework, doing activities with him, and forcing him to talk about everything he was feeling. she always made sure he was straight and vice versa.

they even cuddled a few nights she was there but he never took advantage of her niceness. he always wanted to respect her boundaries so even though he was madly in love with her he wanted to wait it out to make sure it was real and not just because she was there when he needed somebody.

he is healed now though, he understands himself and his feelings and won't let them getting together mess up anything else they have going on in life.

"I would very much love to accompany you!" she smiled not even holding back how happy she was.

"about time you asked me on a date mannn! i've waited years for you to do this" she said making him smile.

"my bad nene ine mean to make you wait so long it's all love." he laughed licking over his lips at the sight of her. damn now he wanted to go see her like now just to be in her presence but he ane wanted to do to much. they just started you know vibing on that level it ane even been 5 minutes.

"I want you to come over tonight we can watch the movie tomorrow and spend the day together. we ane gotta do allat moving slow baby I waited 6 years for this moment I want you here bye 10 no later than 10:30." she spoke making him smile.

"I got you nene." he laughed walking back over to desiree who had a big smile on her face. she felt like she did something big today.

"stop smiling so hard" he laughed flicking her forehead. "oh shit I almost forgot what I came up here for Jasmine asked you to come downstairs desiree." he said before walking out.

jasmine was sharmein's wife. she was really cool and nice. desiree liked being around her.

"okay" she signed beginning to stand up. she dusted off herself a little bit to straighten out her clothes. she was wearing some leggings and a crop top with some socks.

destiny and jasmine were talking about taking a maintenance day next week which would involve getting your hair, nails, and wax done. it's been a long time since desiree and done any of that and she was excited.

"hey jasmine." she signed taking a seat next to her on the couch.

jasmine smiled up at her through her glasses. "hey baby you okay?" she asked placing her macbook to the side.

desiree nodded with a smile. lately a lot of her smiles haven't been fake some of them have been real. of course everyone can easily detect her fake and real smile. it's all in her eyes really. 

"well I called you here because I wanted to give you a gift. I know you have been receiving things since you got here but I haven't gotten you anything from my pocket so I wanted to. I know I didn't know you before you left and that's okay I hope we can build a relationship of love and trust in the future but I was doing some spring cleaning and I found these cd's with your name on them I haven't watched it but i'm pretty sure you would like too so here. I also got you this ipad that meer can set up for you, they told me your favorite color was purple so I got you the purple ipad." she said handing her the small pack of cd's and the apple bag.

"I also got you these because I feel like very pretty girl deserves flowers." she smiled handing her the bouquet of flowers.

desiree's eyes lit up at the sight of flowers. she hadn't seen any in so long she forgot what they smelled like. she sniffed the flowers closing her eyes. she loved flowers actually she adored them. she loved how flowers lit up any room they were set in.

"th-than-thank you" she spoke lowly looking up at jasmine. she placed everything onto the table and gave jasmine a hug. she pulled back from the hug and began to sign. "I hope we can build a strong relationship too your a very sweet woman with a kind soul I only can learn from you." she said bringing tears to jasmines eyes. she wasn't able to sign but she understood it.

the house door opened along with a signal from the alarm. everyone was in the house so jasmine was confused about who was coming over.

jasmine and desiree heard the door close and lock patiently waiting for the person to appear through the archway.

"no so i'm telling the girl, LISTEN MIJA!" a voice said loudly making jasmine shake her head instantly. she knew that voice all too well.

Alex walked through the archway hanging up the phone and stuffing it in his pocket. "hey mama J" he smiled walking up to her, he gave her a nice hug and then stood.

"hello i'm alex a friend of meer you are?" he said holding out his hand. desiree cluelessly looked at his hand wondering if she should shake it. this was a form of friendship to her so she wasn't sure if she should.

"alex this is destiny— meer's cousin" jasmine finished. alex pulled his hand away because she was taking too long to shake it for his liking.

"ohhh i've heard much about you i'm glad you're okay!" he smiled backing away since he really didn't have much else to say. he was just going to show himself to meer's room.

"sup alex" destiny smiled walking past him, he smiled looking back at her as she continued to the living room. shaking his head he continued his path. "YO MEER!" he screamed walking towards the room.

he did a quick knock before opening the door.

"sup twin?" alex said walking up to do their dap. "wassam brodie" meer said finishing the dap.

"where you going I peep you getting dressed." he laughed taking a seat on his bed.

"I finally did it with a little help from my cousin, I asked nene out and she said yeah actually she wants me to come over now which i'm doing. why are you here? he asked fixing up his grey nike tech.

"shit man just wanted to get out of my house not gon lie. peoples draining me." he said which meer nodded to. he knew his friends situation and was always welcoming of his home.

"you know my peoples ane gon bother you even if ine here." he said. alex nodded.

"I know I might bug them though and get to know ya cousin." he laughed

"oh you met her?" he said lifting an eyebrow. he wondered how that went because alex is an outgoing person. doesn't walk into a home without speaking to everyone so he knows alex introduced himself but he wondered if mookie said anything.

"she ane speak mama J introduced her fareal. she probably sick of people I understand it." he shrugged it off not thinking too much of it.

"you held your hand out to her?" he asked. he nodded. "did she just stare?" he asked earning another nod.

"she was debating on if she wanted to be your friend, if she ever takes your hand you have her complete trust so if she ever holds her hand to you just know she gon be yo buddy for life."

"ohhh that's why she just looked at my hand okayy I understand everyone is different and has had different backgrounds you know I don't judge unlike that hoe Missy." he groaned rolling his eyes.

"yeah missy is lucky my cousin finding herself again cause if missy and my cuz met years ago oh best believe my cuz would eat missy and spit her back out." he laughed thinking about the old mookie.

"word she was like that?" he laughed

"i'm telling think of chandler but with wayyyy more talking." he said making alex eyebrows lift.

"no way chandelier is crazyyy brodie just angry all the time ion even believe that." he dismissed shaking his head.

"i'll tell a joke before I tell a lie. lil cuz was onnat type of timing." he laughed "funny as hell too" he reminisced.

"wha happen? you and des always saying everything but that." he said in a low tone he knew it was a soft spot and this was his first time asking about it since 10th grade.

"just family issues. you know? people never see how wrong they are until it's wayyy to late." he shook his head not wanting to talk about it anymore which alex respected of course.

"we all got issues and problems but what we make of ourselves despite those challenges is what matters." alex said earning a nod from meer.

quickly the door burst open revealing destiny with desiree behind her. "meer before you leave set this up for mookie." destiny said holding up the ipad.

"no that's gonna take too long alex do it." meer said kissing destiny's cheek and hugging desiree.

"ima see y'all in a day or two." he said

"m-mee-meer" desiree said, he turned around leaning himself against the doorway.

"no clothes?" she signed making him laugh.

"I got clothes there cuz. ine dirty." he laughed walking out and down the hall.

alex looked at desiree with a knowing look. he understood why she didn't introduce herself now. her stutter it's either embarrassing or a hassle and irritating to deal with. he knew all too well about a bad stutter because he had and still had one depending on how fast he's talking.

"alex stop looking at my cousin and set her ipad up fa I slap yo goofy ass into next week." destiny said slapping the side of his head.

"des why you so rude ta me?" he pouted poking out his bottom lip.

"because you're dumb." she said sitting next to him.

desiree watched the two interact closely. thoughts of a relationship ran through her mind. looked like those too have or had something going between them.

"you like?" desiree signed looking at destiny who quickly shook her head.

"NEVER" she signed back making desiree nod. she wasn't believing it. one of them liked each other.

"i'm going to my room call me if you need me." she signed before walking out. she made her way to her room.

she had placed her flowers on top of the white dresser she was gifted a few days ago. her room was pretty cute really just made of things she saw on amazon when she and destiny were scrolling together.

she laid in her bed grabbing her roku remote. she quickly switched to youtube and typed in how to fix a stutter. she wasn't embarrassed by her stutter nor fazed by looks she was given once she starts but it did irritate her. she wanted to talk regularly sometimes and sign sometimes.

she was going to work on herself before jumping into anything.

𖨆♡𖨆

another chapter deownnn 🙂!

How y'all feeling LMK SUMMMM!!

we got introduced to sb new and maybe some teaa 🤣

ine rlly got tm to say the first few chapters really just an intro for all the characters.

see ya ina next chap byee 🫂

Alex Fc

Nari Fc

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 121 21
𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒊𝒎𝒎𝒆... 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒆𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕
55.7K 671 17
If you don't like toxic shit don't read previously hood love story changed it to chaotic bc this shit is chaotic asf Short story with squeal coming...
22.3K 723 19
Everyday... Same Time.. Same People.. Same Place. Nothing is ever supposed to be that perfect... so obviously it's bound to be imperfect .
42.4K 1.2K 28
𝐏𝐫𝗼𝗺𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝗺𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝗼 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝖫𝗂𝖾𝗌 *Excuse any mistakes* ᴡᴏʀᴋ 3