Raina Gilbert ( Vampire Diari...

By BerryIzzyBel

Raina Gilbert was not someone you wanted to mess with. Anyone in Mystic Falls would tell you exactly that. T... More

Chapter One: Returning Home.
Chapter Two: Elijah.
Chapter Three: Season Two, Episode Fourteen: Crying Wolf.
Chapter Four: The Dinner Party: Part One.
Chapter Six: The House Guest.
Chapter Seven: Know Thy Enemy.
Chapter Eight: The Last Dance.
Chapter Nine: Klaus/The Last Day.
Chapter Ten: The Sun Also Rises.
Chapter Eleven: As I Lay Dying.
Chapter Twelve: The End of The Affair.
Chapter Thirteen: Disturbing Behaviour
Chapter Fourteen: The Reckoning.
Chapter Fifteen: Homecoming.
Chapter Sixteen: Weakened.
Chapter Seventeen: Bringing Out The Dead.
Chapter Eighteen: Dangerous Liasons ( part one )
Chapter Nineteen: Dangerous Liasons (part two)
Chapter Twnety: All My Children.
Chapter Twenty One: Awakening.
Personal message.

Chapter Five: Dinner Party: Part Two.

672 18 1
By BerryIzzyBel

"John" Raina gave a foul expression narrowing her eyes "leave" she told crossing her arms.

"This isn't your house, I don't think you can kick me out" John had found confidence from somewhere and her head tilts looking amused.

"Actually, this is her house" Damon told "like she said. Leave"

"When Jenna told me she was coming to a party for Elijah. I decided I couldn't miss out on all the fun and games" John announced watching Jenna leave the group as Alaric joined them catching John's words.

"There are not going to be any games tonight, John. It's just a friendly dinner party" Alaric announced looking to Damon and Raina, the girl spots the bottle in John's hand and took it reading the label.

"Not unless you want to be target practice" she smirks at the man leaving Damon to deal with him as she heads into the kitchen "John brought wine, guys an ass but he has good taste" she announced to Jenna and Andy, Andy took the bottle and gave an 'oooh' at the label.

"Hey, Raina?" Jenna approached her niece "think you can do something for me?"

"Sure" Raina frowns curiously.

"Its Alaric. He's keeping something from me about his wife-"

"Isobel. My birth mother" Raina cuts her off knowingly "I've already dug into that and Jenna... she was never found. Her body was never discovered. Alaric made a missing person's report, her parents put a tomb stone in a graveyard and..." Raina sigh's "I'm sorry, Jenna. Thats all of it"

"Oh"

"What were you expecting?" Raina studied the women "I also did some digging on Alaric" she whisper's leaning closer to her aunt "besides some parking tickets, he's a nice guy" she smiles small "I can punch John again, maybe clock him in the eye this time" she chuckled with Jenna "don't listen to John. He's got more secrets then I do and thats saying something" she gave her aunt a look causing the women scoff lightly.

"Yeah" Raina felt a tingle on the back of her neck and left the kitchen just in time to see Damon answering the front door and there stood Elijah.

"Good evening" Elijah greets Damon with a calmness about him despite that familia tickle on the back of his neck.

"Thank you for coming. Please, come in" Damon made a gesture for the man to enter his home.

"Just one moment. Can I just say that if you have any less-than-honourable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed, I suggest that you reconsider" Elijah told touching the outer side of the doorframe.

"No, nothing dishonourable. Just, uh, getting to know you" Damon lies through his teeth which Raina picked up on as Elijah hums stepping into the house to stand besides Damon.

"Thats good. Because, you know, although Elena and I have this deal if you so much as make a move to cross me I'll kill you and I'll kill everyone in this house. Are we clear?" Raina shook off the annoyance that filled her and approached the two.

"Elijah" she offered a small smile "you wouldn't be threatening people, would you?" She raised a brow.

"Not at all" her chest twinged slightly as Elijah smiles to her "I'm glad you decided to join us" he approached the girl.

"I kinda live here" she shrugs studying the original "say, if I were too... I don't know, deck John again, what would happen?" Elijah looks at the girl completely amused as Damon watched the two.

"I'm sure you have a valid reason"

"I always do. Would you like a drink?"

"Please" she gestured Elijah towards the dining area and saw the look Damon gave her. She shrugs him off and followed behind the original to the table.

——

Everyone sat at the table talking about the towns false history as Raina ate her food silently, her eyes narrowing at John every once in a while who would shift under her gaze.

"Raina" her attention went to Elijah "what is your opinion on the founding of Mystic Falls?"

"Well" she set her glass of wine on the table licking her bottom lip "speaking freely, I don't believe that so-called founding families founded anything. This lands been here since the beginning of time and what with its hidden gems, I doubt this land had been unknown before Mystic Falls was founded" Elijah smiles slightly at the girl.

"You like history?" He asks curiously.

"Its not all good but yes" she nods a little "our history is what brings us to the present"

"Yes, it does" Elijah agreed with everyone watching the two. Raina showed a gentle smile and went back to eating her food finishing it off and sets the knife and fork on her plate together grasping her wine.

"Don't you think you've had enough?" John eyed the girl.

"Not when you're around, John" she raised the glass towards him and downed it "excuse me" she left the table taking her plate and glass to the kitchen. An annoyed breath left her as she grips she counter top trying to calm her nerves.

"Whats with you and Elijah?" Jenna gave her niece a look.

"What do you mean?" The teen frowns clearing her plate into the bin.

"The way he looks at you and how you look at him, you can't tell me there's nothing there"

"I'm just being polite, Jenna"

"When have you ever been polite to a complete stranger?" Raina scoffs at her aunts words.

"Since he got invited to dinner in my home" she told placing the plate in the sink and left the kitchen seeing just John and Alaric as Andy passed her going to Jenna. She was about to get between John and Alaric when her phone rings, taking it from her pocket she saw Stefan's name and answered it "Stefan?"

"John's trying to kill Damon" Raina's eyes met Alaric's making the history teacher frown at her followed by John "John gave him a dagger that kill's an original-"

"I'll handle it" she hung up on Stefan and nudged her head for Alaric to follow as she types on her phone showing the teacher as she and him made their way to the study, Raina saw Damon reaching for something when she arrived to the room but put her focus on Elijah who smiles "we forgot desert" she told "Elijah?" She held her out, Elijah's smile only grew as he passed the drink in his hand to Damon with out looking at him.

"Raina" he took her hand the two froze suddenly as a strong gust of wind swirled around, the flames of the fireplace grew higher making Damon and Alaric jump but the two continued on like nothing happened, Elijah spun the teen around making her giggle so innocently that both Alaric and Damon stared at the girl stunned. If anyone else were there, anyone else in Mystic Falls at all, they claim she was possessed. Never in her life since the age of ten had Raina giggled "did I mention you look lovely, this evening?"

"You did not" she mused removing her hand from his.

"Hmm" he hums with an amused smile of his own. They returned to the dining table where Elijah pulled out the girls chair under the watchful eyes of the other's.

"Thank you"

"Of course" Elijah then took his seat besides her and sips his wine. Raina's eyes moved to John glaring harshly.

"Sorry, guys. Dessert is taking longer then I thought. I usually just unwrap food" even Raina chuckled at Jenna's words recalling the times Elena would complain about yet another take away. Jenna heads into the kitchen leaving the rest of the dinner party to talk.

"So I know this is a social thing..." Andy began "but I'd really love to ask you some questions about the word you're doing" Raina reframed from rolling her eyes wishing she had another glass wine but as if Elijah could sense something her slides his glass in front of the girl besides him making her and John frown but she accepted it silently and takes a sip.

"I'd love to answer"

"Great. Oh, thats so great" Raina glanced towards Damon as he rejoined the group looking overly annoyed towards John "Ric, would you do me a favour and grab the notebook out of my bag?" Andy points behind the original.

"Elijah, did John tell you that he's Elena's and Raina's uncle slash father?" Damon spoke casually in a curious tone.

"Yes, I'm well aware of that"

"Of course, they both hate him. So, there's absolutely no need to keep him on the endangered species list" Raina fort back her smirk at Damon's words. Noticing Alaric not finding her notebook, Andy excused herself from the table leaving just Raina, Elijah, Damon and John behind.

"What I'd like to know, Elijah, is how you intend on killing Klaus" John looked from Damon unfazed by the obvious death threat.

"Gentlemen, there's a few things we should probably get clear right now" Elijah always the calm one spoke lightly as he toyed with a fork on the table "I allow you to live solely to keep an eye on Elena" he continued pointing that fork to Damon "I allow Elena to remain in her house living her life with her friends as she does as a courtesy. If you become a liability, I'll take her away from you. You'll never see her again" Raina gulped thickly frowning to the table cloth.

"Okay" Andy rounds the table behind Damon sitting at the end "my first question is, when you got here to Mystic-" Raina had never jumped out of fear so quickly in her life, a shaking hand covering her mouth with wide eyes listening to Elijah's cry of pain that came from Alaric using the silver dagger through the back of the dining chair. Raina stumbled backwards with heavy breaths staring at the dagger once Alaric placed it on the table. She had read all her families journal's and knows the dagger has to remain in place in order for Elijah to remain 'dead'.

"Now get rid of him before Jenna comes back with dessert"

——

Elena and Stefan had returned to Mystic Falls, Elijah laid with a dagger in his chest in the basement of her own home, Raina sat in her room with a few candles lit, the bedroom door not only locked but spelled to remain that way, the curtains drawn as she chants softly eyes closed, a deep frown of concentration.

"Raina..." her eyes snapped open looking up to Elijah with a smile growing on her lips "how?" He touched his chest breathing deeply.

"You are just a protection of yourself" she stood to her feet speaking softly "I... I didn't know what they were planning, Elijah. If I had known-"

"I believe you" he softly spoke his lips twitching upward slightly "I never for a moment thought you played a hand in what took place" he steps closer to her looking down "I also know you will not remove the dagger"

"Elijah-"

"I understand" he brought a hand up to her cheek and her eyes closed unable to actually feel him but she could imagine his touch "I spent the better part of a thousand years being loyal to Niklaus. I admire you're loyalty, I hope one day you may be loyal to me" her eyes opened meeting his darker ones.

"What about Klaus? The other originals?" She frowns worriedly "you said-"

"You are a Shifter Witch, I have no doubt that you can defend yourself" she smiles small "what do you know of us Originals?" He moved to the armchairs taking a seat in one of them as she followed behind sitting in the other like the first time they had met.

"I know you're a family" she confessed "you, Klaus, Rebekah, Kol and Finn"

"How?"

"I went to New Orleans. A vampire from back in the day told me" she softly told "why do you want to kill your brother?"

"My siblings all have dagger's like the one in my chest, but they lay in coffin's. Niklaus had dropped them at sea, I can not find them" Raina frowns deeply leaning forward slightly in thought.

"Have you not tried a locator spell?"

"It wouldn't work. Whilst the dagger's are in our chests, we are for all intense purposes, dead" she winced at the reminder "a locator spell only works on the living"

"The dagger's were made by a witch, right? Every magical object has a trace, like a finger print" she explains "perhaps... I can use the dagger in you as a compass to find the others" she spoke in thought expressing her idea to Elijah who now looks at the girl in a way that makes her blush "what?"

"Its quite rare to find someone who would offer help with out asking for things in return" his handsome smile only grew as she relaxed.

"This might be the bond talking but... I only ask for you in return"

——

What do you guys think so far? I am currently doing A LOT of research on the soulmate bond whilst putting my own spin into the story, the further we go into the story the more in-depth their bond will become but before that happens, Raina has to find a way to get Elijah back from Klaus....

Don't forget to vote and comment!

- Kat x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 4K 22
What would happen if our beloved Bonnie Bennett had family that was truly in her corner, knew the ups and downs of her life and was always willing to...
416K 11.2K 82
❛You will always be my almost love...❜ ❛Mind blown. Honestly, I haven't read a fanfic quite like this and I'm all here for it👏❜ ❛Thi...
654K 16.9K 75
"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. They're just things to you." "That's not tr...
107K 2.8K 24
Kenzie Gilbert has been secretly keeping a long distance relationship with Stefan, who was whisked away for the summer with evil hyrbid, Klaus Mikael...