Love Me Softly - Gilmore Girl...

By Tiny_Fire2020

This is inspired by some of the other Gilmore Girls fanfiction I've read where Rory has a twin sister. ... More

Prologue
Cast
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Eight : Gilmore Edition
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
(Mini) Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Thirteen: Gilmore Edition
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Mini Chapter Sixteen/Seventeen
Author's Note
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Four

2.9K 86 8
By Tiny_Fire2020

Christopher's POV

After the short discussion, it was decided I would go to the conference today at Chilton. I'm reminding myself that I am doing this because I love and support both my wife and my daughter, both of whom are stressed in their lives right now. I look down at the list of classes and teachers that Alice made for me just so I remembered to hit every class. I notice the stars next to a couple of courses that signal she wants me to keep an ear open for surprise tests and new lessons so she can get ahead. 

Consulting the list leads me straight into the only class Alice shares with Rory, I guess it's good to get it out of the way then. I walk into the class seeing her friends' parents already in some of the seats.

"Christopher, always good to see you. Elizabeth not able to make it this time?" Tristan's father greets me as I walk through the door.

"James, it's good to see you as well. She's stuck with a difficult case so it's just me this time."

He nods at me before we take a seat as Mr. Medina, the English Literature teacher, begins running us through how the semester is going. 

"We are gonna be focusing on Elizabethan literature. Shakespeare, Marlowe, Bacon, Ben Jonson, John Webster -" Mr. Medina pauses as one of the dads raises his hand briefly before speaking.

"Yeah, is Marlowe really that significant?"

Other parents make a noise in agreement while others seem unbothered by the questioning only wanting to get back on track.

"Well, we want to give as complete an overview as possible."

Another parent chimes in, I recognize her as Louise's mother, "Yes but will he be included on the Advance Placement test?"

Mr. Medina responds, "Well we can't know exactly what will be on the AP test, but it will definitely be important for future studies when your kids hit their universities."

The dad from before jumps back into the questioning, "But to get there, they need to pass the AP test."

More parents nod in agreement, paying attention to the next line of questioning. I, to admit only to myself, am one of them. Just like the majority of the parents in this room, I only want the best for Alice and that means having information to help her get ahead. 

To try and placate the situation, Mr. Medina answers, "Right, well it's all important and it could all be on the test."

At this another parent jumps in, not satisfied with the response. "How do we find out?"

"Well you can bribe somebody on the AP committee," he jokes before realizing the parents think he's serious, "I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding."

Some parents lightly laugh it off while others don't find it as funny and you can almost see the cogs turning on how to get that test information. Before the topic can move on the door opens, and in comes Lorelai Gilmore. 

I tune out the conversation as James leans toward me to discuss what we've been told.

"I have a contact on the AP committee, Christopher," he starts, "I could try to get some information for the kids."

"Don't go that far, James."

"Well, I need to make sure the kids are top of the class," he argues.

"They will be," I remind him, "if you are so concerned, see if you can get copies of the older tests for them to practice?"

He nods and we both tune back in to what Mr. Medina is saying about the upcoming AP test. 

"Well the next test is scheduled for next month, um" he pauses to look at the paper on the desk," the 25th, Saturday at 7:00 am. Ms. Gilmore?"

"Where is the test?" she asks. I am just hoping that this is not going where I think it is.

"It will be given here. Any other questions?"

"Yeah, can parents come?" It went exactly where I thought it would. 

"What?" Caroline Grant, Louise's mother responds. Oh no, don't do this.

"Yeah, it's a big exciting test. I just thought - I'm sorry is that stupid?"

Yes. "No, it's not stupid," the teacher responds to her. 

I choose now to completely zone out of the conversation, looking down at my phone to text the girls.

C: Hello my favorite woman, how's life at the Hayden home?

E: Stressful.

A: Boring :(

C: Not much better here, I'm afraid. When I get back, we'll order food and pick a movie. Ok?

E: Beautiful plan, my dear.

A: Ok! Now pay attention in my classes, you're setting a bad example, Dad. 

Mr. Medina initiates a coffee break which Lorelai uses as the perfect excuse to cut straight to where I'm seated. 

"Lorelai," I greet. 

"Chris. I didn't know they shared classes." She doesn't seem happy about finding this out. 

"It's a single class, Lor." 

"I don't want her to find out, Christopher." 

"You can't keep it a secret forever, Lorelai. We talked about this."

She's clearly upset as she responds, "Rory is doing good, she doesn't need your daughter to come in and upset that."

"My daughter? I'm not in the mood to talk to you about this. I have to continue going to conferences for my daughter. Now if you'll excuse me." I push past her, heading to the next class on the list, and see her heading straight for Mr. Medina. 

Okay, the next class would be Chemistry. I get to the room just in time to see Anna, Sarah Charleston's mother, and Lizzie's best friend. 

"Well, hello Anna," I greet with a smile, "just you tonight?'

"Daniel is at the middle school for Michael's conferences. Liz is busy with a case I take it?" 

I nod and laugh, opening the door to the classroom for her. 

"I think we'll spend the rest of the conference together, save for maybe one class since the girls are in everything together," she jokes as we find seats.

"They're almost closer than you and Lizzie. Conjoined twins if we'd allow it." I joke back with her. 

"Alice has Sarah making lists, so I've been sent with a to-do/to-ask list for every single class. She made it seem like I wouldn't know what information to get for her."

"Glad to see I'm not the only one suffering with a list," I tell her showing her the list Ali sent with me. 

She goes to respond but stops as the teacher begins telling us about the Chemistry curriculum. This is a cycle that rinses and repeats until I bid the other parents goodbye and head home to my family.

At Hayden Home 

"Girls, I'm back!"

"Dad! Tell me everything, what do I need to know?" Ali starts, barely a breath between her words.

"Calm down, I'll tell you everything. I already talked to Tristan's dad, we got things handled for the study material for that AP test."

"Good. One step ahead, I like the way you think."

"Mhmm," I roll my eyes at her behavior, "you're ahead in most of your classes. Stop daydreaming in AP European History and you'll easily beat out that competition."

"Daydreaming?" Lizzie pipes in, an eyebrow raised at our daughter.

"I'm sorry, it is incredibly boring and I only take it as a requirement."

"Requirements still need to be passed," Lizzie reminds her. 

"Okay, done for now. Let's get food ordered, Lizzie it's your pick, and Ali choose a movie. I'm going to get out of this tie."

The girls nod and split ways as I head upstairs. I turn back to see them both looking for their respective items and am in slight shock that I have such an amazing family. My only regret is not having Rory with us.

A.N.// Honestly I hope you like this. I'm not used to writing from a male pov. First time for everything though. Wanted to give a little more insight on how Christopher fits into the society life that Lorelai ran away from. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.3K 1.9K 35
Christina Emily Gilmore is the twin sister of Rory Gilmore. Attending Chilton with her sister she works hard to succeed. Like her mother she has an a...
89.5K 2K 28
when a Gilmore and Geller fall in love
112K 4.4K 21
TREACHEROUS. "ᴛʜɪs sʟᴏᴘᴇ ɪs ᴛʀᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀᴏᴜs ᴛʜɪs ᴘᴀᴛʜ ɪs ʀᴇᴄᴋʟᴇss ᴛʜɪs sʟᴏᴘᴇ ɪs ᴛʀᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀᴏᴜs ᴀɴᴅ ɪ, ɪ, ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ." seasons 5-? book2
146K 3.4K 88
just a girl in love with a rich boy female oc x finn morgan