Cry For Me

By deetronite

When Andrea got involved with an older guy, she had no idea that it would bring her an unexpected pregnancy... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue

Chapter 29

583 48 4
By deetronite

Andrea attempted to make herself comfortable in the limousine and glanced at Omar, who now seemed tense for some reason. “Why do you look weird?” she asked him, and he sighed, looking down at his lap with his hands clasped.

“I’m just trying to not screw this up. I know how much prom means to you and, I more or less ruined it for you. I didn’t want you to be sad today,” he muttered sincerely. Andrea chuckled and then moved closer to him before taking one of his huge hands in her smaller hands.

She smiled at him. “Omar, you didn’t ruin prom for me. We did what we did but it wasn’t like we knew this would happen. I have no regrets, and I hope you don’t have any either. Whatever you have planned, I know it’s going to be great,” she told him whilst rubbing the dorsum of his hand.

“I don’t have any regrets. I’m glad you’re in my life and I want you to be always by my side…with our child,” he coughed the last part awkwardly trying not to sound weird. “You have so much faith in me, now I’m afraid to disappoint you. What if you don’t like it?”

Andrea playfully rolled her eyes. “I don’t want to be a snitch or anything, but I already know what you had planned. Chelsea told me, and she heard from Santiago,” she laughed, and Omar’s obsidian eyes darkened infinitesimally.

That little bastard. I’m going to get him back for this. It was too late to have anything changed as they were already almost at the vineyard, where he’d had a candlelit dinner set up right in the middle of the fields, among the budding plants. It was an auspicious night for love and the full moon just made everything right. It was not as cold as other nights since summer was now fast approaching.

When the driver pulled up to the parking space in the front of the office complex attached to the vineyard, he got out and opened the door for both to exit. Holding his arm out to Andrea, she happily linked hers with his and then he led her through the building, along a central path in the maze-like shrubs, approaching where rose petals littered the ground. It was all so lovely, and Andrea looked around in astonishment. “This place is beautiful,” she remarked, drinking in the green sites and taking in the smell of earth. “You’re doing an amazing job.”

“Thanks. I try my best,” he replied with a humble shrug.

Nothing had prepared her for what was at the end of path. What she had expected was some run of the mill set up from a movie set, but she should have expected the complete opposite. She was left speechless, seeing the sheer opulence of the dinner he’d planned. It was very over the top and expensive, like it had been taken out of a restaurant with a Michelin star. In other words, it was very Omar.

When she paused in her movements with no facial expression, Omar was starting to get a bit worried. He came to stand in front of her and held her by the shoulders. “What’s wrong? Do you not like it?” he asked her, almost with a stutter.

Instead of getting a verbal response, Andrea placed her lips on his. It was very unexpected; nevertheless, he quickly reciprocated and poured all his feelings towards her into it. Never in the past would he have ever imagined such a spontaneous move from her, but whatever the case, he liked it.

Pulling away, she cupped his cheek. “I love it, and I love-,” she stopped when she realized what she was about to say. Yes, she knew exactly what she was about to say, but there was no way in heaven or hell was she ready to say it. She felt it, but admitting it was another thing altogether. Shaking from her daze, she took his hand instead and smiled. “Let’s get this dinner started, shall we?” she said and then dragged him towards the table decorated with flowers, candles, and chocolates. Omar pulled out a chair for her to sit and then assumed the one next to her.

Soon, a waiter came to them and handed them menus, before excusing himself so that they would have time to choose. Andrea opened it and her eyes widened when she saw the options; there was a wide array of things to choose from and judging by her appetite that had been building up over the duration of the day (she had only eaten snacks and had spent majority of the time prepping), she would probably end up ordering just about everything.

“See anything you like,” Omar asked lightly, shutting his menu, and placing it on the table. The waiter then came back, ready to take their order.

Andrea bit her lip and looked at the words written closely. Everything seemed delicious, except for the caviar. She had tried it a few times and hated it; who could possibly enjoy eating fish eggs? “Well, I think I’ll have the lobster thermidor…also the quail legs with Tamarind Glaze and fig chutney, plus the sesame and coriander crusted Basa. For dessert I’ll go for the cakey strawberry cobbler, sea salt-caramel cake and classic chocolate pound cake,” she recited and closed the menu.

Omar laughed in incredulity. “Is all of that for you or did you order for me too?” he asked her teasingly.

She rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him. “Don’t judge me, I didn’t eat much today partly because of you and mostly because I was surrounded by lunatics. Another factor is that I’m making a literal human in my womb, so shut up,” she seethed, and he held his hands up in surrender.

“And you sir,” the waiter asked Omar.

He shrugged. “I’ll have the same as her. I can’t let her outeat me now, can I?” he teased and then winked at Andrea, who instantly blushed. Whilst they waited for their food to be prepared, they talked about the most random stuff. And when it arrived, they mostly focused on eating, with Omar trying to finish his food faster than Andrea and somehow ended up winning.

“And you call me a glutton?” Andrea scoffed, taking a bite of her pound cake.

Omar smiled at her and patted his stomach, which was still very flat and ab-like, like he hadn’t eaten anything. She was starting to wonder if he had an abyss connected to his gastro-intestinal system or if he was human at all. “I’m not a glutton. I follow a strict diet, and this is one of those occasions that I have a, what do you call it, a cheat day? Yeah, that’s it,” he drawled in his attractive British accent.  Andrea huffed in annoyance and put her fork down forcibly.

Sensing a fight that might be coming, Omar clapped his hands and out of thin air, appeared three violinists dressed to the nines. He stood up and held his hand out to her. “Would you like to dance?” he offered his hand to her. In response, she placed her hand in his palm and he helped her stand up. Leading her a bit further away from the table, he put his hands on his waist as she put hers around his neck. Her heels were high, but even then, Omar was much taller than her and she had to crane her neck a bit to look up at him.

She was nervous, even though it wasn’t the first time they’d danced together. But it was a lot different from those other times, this time around, there were a lot of unspoken feelings and words going on between them. And the way he was looking at her, it was as though he was staring deep into her soul and reading her mind. Averting her gaze, she chose to lean closer, as much as her baby bump would allow, and laid her head on his chest. His heartbeat mirrored hers; thunderous and alert.

“Omar?” she said barely above a whisper. The violinists were still whipping up the sweet melodies and she doubted he could hear her.

“Yes?” he responded just as lowly, rubbing his hand up and down her back. It felt nice, like he was giving her the greenlight to say what she wanted to say.

“I think I’m falling in love with you,” she told him. There, I said. Oh, God. What did I just do?

He didn’t say anything for what felt like an eternity. “I’m falling in love with you too.”

Andrea was so stunned that she had to lean back and see if he was joking or not. There wasn’t a single trace of humor on his face, just a sincere smile. He looked so vulnerable, and for the first time she saw that he was just as afraid of saying that as she was. Love was a very scary thing, and as she had witnessed from her sister and parents, it came along with trials, hinderances and errors. They’d already been through a lot together but would this newfound love they were feeling stand the test of time.

She finally understood why people felt like they were floating whenever the person they were in love with reciprocated their feelings. She was on cloud nine, and nothing could bring her down. As he was about to lean in and connect their lips, Omar’s phone buzzed in his suit jacket. “Shit. I thought I turned it off,” he muttered in annoyance but ignored it. When it kept on buzzing relentlessly, he decided to step back and take it out of his pocket.

When he switched it on, he wasn’t at all expecting to see what was appearing before his eyes. All color drained from his eyes, as he stared at it in horror. Andrea’s eyebrows furrowed and then she moved behind him to see what he was looking at, but he held the screen against his chest.

“What’s wrong, Omar? Why don’t you want me to see?” she asked him, and he shook his head.

“I-I don’t think this is something you would want to see. It’s better if you sit down, or better yet, don’t look at your phone either,” he replied hoarsely. Ignoring him, she went back to the table where she’d left her bag and took out her phone which she had previously turned off. Powering it up, it took a few seconds for it to then vibrate with multiple notifications, calls and messages from all her social media platforms. Now she understood why he had looked distressed.

What the actual f—k?

______________________________

Hey pips. How's everyone doing? Ready for the new week ahead?

So, I will be updating randomly as the inspiration comes to me. However, I must notify you that this book will be ending not too long from now.

Did you enjoy this chapter? Any favourite moments?

What do you think Andrea saw on her phone?

Stay tuned for the next update! Remember to vote and share 🌹

Best,

~Deetronite ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

402K 8.2K 33
A crime boss struggles to carry out a vendetta after he falls for the spirited daughter of his enemy. ...
135K 3.8K 45
When you are a member of the mafia family, you need to be strong, ruthless, and cunning. But when you are one of the heirs you need to be untouchable...
189K 3.7K 20
****Completed story **** A girl named Andrea was a full out tomboy she played basketball ,volleyball and ,football.She had good grades even tho she w...
687K 18.4K 44
Mia is 24 years old married to her childhood sweetheart Brian Walker. They have been together since the age of 15 and have a pretty comfortable life...