The Monsters in Sleepy Hollow

Από Lotus_Horizon

(Y/N) Van Helsing, on of the descendants of Abraham Van Helsing, the man who defeated Dracula hundreds of yea... Περισσότερα

Chapter 0: The Last Van Helsing
Chapter 1: Aleera
Chapter 2: Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 3: Unkindness
Chapter 4: A Learning Experience
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Weep Now, or Never More
Chapter 7: Verona
Questions
Chapter 8: Monsters
Chapter 9: Taking Action
Chapter 10: The Hound of Baskerville
Chapter 11: Hunter and Witch
Profile #1
Chapter 12: Conflicted
Chapter 13: Marishka
Chapter 14: A Black Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
Chapter 15: Expanding Minds
Chapter 16: The Comedy and Tragedy of Van Helsing
Your Dream Women: Act 1
Chapter 17: Night's Bane
Chapter 18: Woe is Me
Chapter 19: The Longing Sorcerer
Chapter 20: The Old Hunter
Chapter 21: Annihilation
Chapter 22: I Miss the Misery
Chapter 23: Sins of the Mother
Chapter 25: Awaken
Chapter 26: Pan!c at the Café
Profiles #2
Chapter 27: A Heated Reunion
Chapter 28: Predatory Instincts
Chapter 28.5: Thank You
Chapter 29: Fall From Grace Weary Angel
Chapter 30: Anne Lorraine
Chapter 31: You Have Power, Nothing More
Art Chapter
Chapter 32: Bloody Tears
Chapter 33: The Hound of Sleepy Hollow
Chapter 34: Happy Endings
Art Chapter for Act 2
Chapter 35: The Lone Van Helsing
Chapter 36: It Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 37: Who is (Y/N) Van Helsing?
Chapter 38: Good Intentions
Questions for Act 2
Chapter 39: New Places, New Faces
Halloween Art
Chapter 40: The Monsters in Salem
Chapter 41: Suzume Akiyama
Chapter 42: Down
Chapter 43: Everything Is(n't) Fine
Chapter 44: Beloved
Chapter 45: Tea With A Doll
Chapter 46: Road Trip
Chapter 47: The Eve of Halloween
Chapter 48: Prophet
Chapter 49: Forgiveness
Chapter 50: Now You See Me
Chapter 51: Homecoming

Chapter 24: Serenity

1.6K 98 22
Από Lotus_Horizon

*December 12th, Victoria POV*

  I made my way to school wrapped up tightly in my jacket and scarf. IT was so scold that day that I could see my own breath. But the walk felt a bit quiet. I usually would walk with Robin and then meet up with (Y/N) at some point. I know he and Lenore were having trouble with that spell that Sutrah put them in, it was super funny to see. But I didn't see hide nor tail of either of the two.

  Though I did see an all too familiar red head standing by the entrance of the school.

Victoria: Hey Lenore.

Lenore: Hmm? Oh, your that crazy science girl. One of (Y/N)'s friends right?

Victoria: Yeah. Have you seen him around? I haven't seen him or Robin yet so maybe you have at least seen (Y/N). But since the spell wore off you must be happy actually.

Lenore: Well, actually. . . (Y/N) and I are more official now.

Victoria: . . . . . What?

Lenore: Yeah, he and I are an item now.

Victoria: . . . Oh. . . Congratulations.

  Not gonna lie, I didn't expect him to take Lenore as his lover, especially when he lived with those brides. Do they even know about it? Hmm, this could be bad for him, so I won't speak of this to anyone. But I wonder, has Lenore told anyone?

Victoria: Who else knows?

Lenore: No one but you now. I am a little shy to reveal it. You know how the school is.

Victoria: 'Hmm, she's acting a bit nicer than usual. Maybe this has to do with (Y/N)'s influence?' Well Lenore, If I were you, I'd keep it on the downlow for a while. You know how information spreads like a virus. Who knows, the wrong people could get ahold of this information. So try not to be too open about it.

Lenore: You make it sound like he's dangerous. He's just a little- I mean. He's just a human. If that was his big secret, he isn't very good at hiding it. Then again, his blood was a great sample that gave that secret up. But you're right. Especially if my father were to find out he was human, I don't think he'd approve.

Victoria: 'Yes! Best friend in the world!'

  I throw my arm over Lenore's an lead her inside the school.

Victoria: Don't worry, I'm sure that he's fine. You know how he can be. . . OR, maybe you don't. A boy his age is probably undergoing puberty so his hormones are going to get in the way of his social life since he is a little awkward. Especially with his-

Lenore: I didn't need a science lecture on his boy biology. I took Health class in middle school.

  I rubbed the back of my head as I tried not to get too scientific. But me and Lenore entered the school for the day, hoping the two would come back today, or maybe tomorrow.

*Meanwhile, New Haven*

  Rachel sits in her room reading to herself drinking a glass of whiskey. She is still not over the forces that stole her son from her on the night of Halloween. But she is left with nothing else to live for. No sense of purpose, as it had disappeared, like a thief in the night. 

*Knock Knock*

Rachel: . . . . 

  Rachel ignores the knocking. Although it persists. She let's out a sigh as she uses her crutches to stand, going over to the door, though she stumbles a bit along the way. 

*Knock Knock Knock*

Rachel: I'm coming! Just, shut up or whatever. . .

     Rachel lightly opens the door. She sees a woman with long black hair and red eyes, clad in a long black coat with red sunglasses and a black umbrella.

Marishka: Hello, Rachel.

Rachel: . . . If you're gonna kill me, be warned, you might get a little drunk drinking my blood. Don't mind the mess.

  Rachel steps to the ide as Marishka enters the home, taking notice of how hollow it looked inside. Apart from the broken class and bottles of various alcohols on the ground.

Marishka: You've been busy I see.

  Rachel falls over somewhat as Marishka notices she isn't even trying to stand to her feet. Barely moving to her hands. Marishka sighs as she walks over, helping Rachel stand to her feet.

Marishka: How the mighty have fallen. To think you were the same hunter Verona had trouble fighting.

Rachel: . . . 

Marishka: Have the years finally caught up with you? You know a human body will only fail you. You'd think you'd have done something to get back on your feet. Even failing to do so for your own son. Do you not care for him.

Rachel: . . . You think I haven't tried? 

  She takes another swig as Marishka just looks down at her with a sigh.

Marishka: Your son is still alive. But on the brink of death. He injected that injection into him. That "Last Resort".

  Rachel's eyes widen a bit as she drops the bottle somewhat sitting up in her chair.

Rachel: What!?

Marishka: Well, there's a reaction. I came on behalf of Aleera, your daughter in law in a way. While he was injected, he hasn't awoken yet. Verona would have came to speak with you, but she sent me in her stead. She is busy and wanted me to speak with you to get more information.

  Rachel lightly chuckled to herself as she knocked back the bottle.

Rachel: Have you ever had children Marishka?

Marishka: . . No.

Rachel: You couldn't imagine how much I love him. When his father died I lost everything. And then he was born. I was originally going to name him Raphael, after one of God's Archangels, one of healing, but his father gave him the name (Y/N), and I kept it as that out of love for his father. Though, he is still known as Raphael in certain areas of the world. I held him in my arms and gave him as much love as I could. He looked so much like me and his father. He was the only gift I ever needed from him. . . And your sisters took that from me.

  Rachel grasps at Marishka's coat as she struggled to climb up her body, gripping onto her collar.

Rachel: Stole him from me! And now you've killed him from me!!!

Marishka: . . . Then I guess that makes us even. After all, your ancestor killed our beloved Dracula.

  Rachel: I'll carve your fucking he-

Marishka: Is what I would have said. . . But truly, immortality has it's curses. The past is hard to forget, and easy to hold onto. As time goes on it either lingers or bleeds away with time. And (Y/N) has been helping with that. . . I admit, I did nearly beat him to death. But you'd never imagine that I was the first person to cry over his body.

   Marishka grabbed Rachel by her wrists and held onto them.

Marishka: So no, I've never had a child to love. I was nothing too special in my humanity. But that doesn't matter. Listen, In Sleepy Hollow, he dwells with as much freedom anyone his age could have. He is treated well and fine. So right now we have a common goal of making sure we understand what's going on. If you love him as much as you say, then drop the bottle.

  Rachel lightly pushes off of Marishka as she falls back down on the couch.

Rachel: Why? You've kept him alive for what? To feed on him and make him your slave. You all can burn in hell! I'm not telling you anything. Giving into your lies, you're monsters.

  Marishka grit her teeth as he snatched the bottle out of Rachel's hands and grabbed her by the collar of her shirt, lifting her up off of the couch.

Marishka: You're one to talk. Listen, believe it or not, but . . . We do care for (Y/N). Aleera more than the rest of us. And his life is in danger, So I don't care what you think of me, You're leaving your sad, depressing, drunken stooper, and you're going to help revive your only son-

  Marishka feels something cold and metal placed against the bottom part of her jaw making her look at Rachel.

Rachel: I may be broken. But I am still a hunter you heartless wench. . . OR, maybe you aren't so heartless after all if you cared this much to inform me. 

  Rachel put her gun away as Marishka helped her stand.

Marishka: Now, come along. I'm gonna be taking you to Sleepy Hollow. There is where your son remains. . . . He needs his mother. Are you not up for that task any longer?

  Rachel sighs as a small tear streams down her face. Maintaining her hardened emotions that she always had. Marishka helps her up, carrying her out of the house.

  Rachel feels a mixed feeling in her body. Wondering, even if she hasn't seen her son in so long, she did fear for his life, only wondering what has become of him. If she saves his life, how different he is now. Even if it has only been a a bit more than a month, she grasp onto Marishka's shirt.

Rachel: What made you so different. . . When I last fought you three and Verona crippled me, you all seemed so sadistic. Especially you and Aleera. But you've been pacified so much. What' keeps you tame now?

Marishka: . . . Your son in a way. His soul is very. . . calming to have around. A very Angelic presence within him. It's almost sickening.

(A/N: Srry if this one is shorter than usual. I'll try to make the next one a good one and I pray you all are having a good day. Stay blessed.)

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

5.7K 162 17
In a few hours Count Dracula will be released from The Harker Foundation, free to reign havoc on an unsuspecting and ill prepared population. Dr Zoe...
67.1K 2K 28
We all know the story of how Dracula became a "monster," right? Or at least we think we know the story behind how he came to be the villain that Van...
The Lost Princess Από I

Βρικόλακας

66.1K 1.5K 25
*currently being re-vamped* Alucard has held many titles in his lifetime, from 'impaler' to the feared 'Dracula'. Throughout his dark history, there...
11K 264 15
Raven Van Helsing is a sixteen year old vampire hunter who is related to the Gabriel Van Helsing. She lives in the year 2110, where vampires have tak...