๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก || ArDi ||

By -incandescent-

"๐™„๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™—๐™š ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ก๐™ค๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ." She was the... More

PROLOGUE
0. Main Protagonists
0. Background Characters
1. Gandivdhari Arjun
2. The Fireborn~ Yagyaseni
3. Pushing them in Love
4. The Bomb
5. Evil Plans
6. Dreams~ Of You
7. In Her Memories
~ Author's note ~
8. Dwarka~ Krishnaa
9. Dwarka~ ARJUN
10. My~ Blue eyed Princess
11. The Distance Between
12. The Night
13. Optical Illusion
14. Retrouvailles
15. Pre-Wedding Rituals (i)
16. Pre-Wedding Rituals (ii)
17. Always and Forever โฃ
18. Momentous
19. The Throne
20. Love Story
21. Kitchen Encounter
22. Let Go
23. Farewell.
24. Price Of Victory
25. The News
26. His bride.
27. Return.
28. My Nymph.
29. [BONUS CHAPTER].
30. Yahvi.
31. His Queen.
32. The Beginning of End.
33. The Snake.
34. Whispers of Rain.
35. Setting Sun.
36. The Unknown and Mysterious
37. Into The Unknown
38. Chamber of Darkness.
39. Yahvi?
40. Nothing is OK.
41. Last Page?
42. Forests.
43. Kill Her.
44. My fate.
45. The Emperor.
46. The Dead Love.
47. Rise of Yagyaseni.
48. Ephemeral.
49. Marriage.
50. Derecho.
51. Zenith.
Epilogue.
Author's Note. โ™ก
Bonus Chapter.

52. Hiraeth.

365 27 41
By -incandescent-

Do y'all remember the star wala dialogue at the last scene of chapter— "Yahvi."???

If not then do revisit it again *winks*

***

~ A THOUSAND YEARS ~
I've died everyday, waiting for you. 
Darling, don't be afraid, I've loved you for a thousand years.
I'll love you for a thousand more. 

Arjun looked down at the ripples in the gentle waters of Ganga. 

The night of New Moon, the night of cosmic separation of the stars from their beloved. The arduous longing for the night of brightness, O' of the night when the brilliance and luster of the rising moon fills the sky like the blush on a new bride's cheek, was the faint pulse of the scintillanting celestial bodies.  

The river, a gushing force, a shimmering reflector of the luscious moon's love too seemed to behold an pernickety yearning, avid for the return of her companion. 

The lotuses, blue in colour, stood out from the dark, glassy shallows. 

Arjun's lips curved, it was almost as if the nature too was lamenting for him. After all, such was his condition- restless nights, and days on tenterhooks. 

The animals of the night, too, seemed to sense the alarmed change in the surrounding. They quietly turned back into their safehomes, leaving the forlorn lovers to simmer in silent agony. 

The wind was eerily silent, inert and lifeless. Not a leaf on the plants twitched, fearing the slightest of sounds might unleash the Prince of Thunder. 

The sun-whitened sand on the bank had turned cold, the grains of it flew into different paths tacitly, neither they had the courage to summon his wrath. 

Arjun's sigh of exhaustion echoed deep into the tunnels of utter solitude. 

He was weary. 

Not his limb or body, that had spent the entire night slaying the merciless beasts who were nothing but a burden to the Earth. 

The monster inside him was finally silent. The sword in his hand spoke a thousand stories while hundreds of voices screamed through the blood dripping from it. The blade of the sword shined like the moon in the darkest sky, singing a tale of a dark revenge. 

Arjun finally let the sword drop to the ground. The metal fell vertically in the grains of sand with a soft clang before it dropped horizontally onto the ground. 

The voice was muted to his ears. 

But...

His heart...

O' Lord of Heaven! Was it even possible to lift such a weight on that fragile a heart?

He winced, as if the separation from the eternal quidity of his soul was physically hurting. Everything felt numb. 

There was no joy of victory; only grief of the loss. 

No joy of being the Emperor, the Supreme Lord of the vast Lands of Aryavrat; only the grief of not having his Empress. 

His love— the blossoming flower of a blue lotus, had paved a way through the parlous way of life. It was timeless, ageless and eternal. It was the ultimate core and crux of his being. 

Arjun lifted his feet from the sand, some of its grains stuck between his toes, but he gave little thought to it. As he approached the mushier part of the bank, barely a step away from entering into the water, he looked back.

For One Last Time. 

He looked back. 

His footsteps were embedded in the moist sand. 

Out of the black water, curved with whirlpools and into the frill of golden sand reached the wave. The water rushed at his feet, almost reaching upto his ankle before it receded back into the depth. As if it was a pathetic try to pull along with them the might warrior. 

It might had not dragged the undaunted force, however, they did manage to take away a fragment of his. 

The rushing water left behind some more moist soil, and the memory of his footsteps. 

Arjun gaped at it. Madhav's words echoed at the back of his mind. 

Some things fade, some remain. It is your choice, whether to let the memories fade like the footprints on the shore, or to preserve them.

Forget all of it?

Woah! How easy it sounded! 

She was the peace sought by him for centuries. In outdoor, wandering in the winds and under the stars in search of completion of himself, his other half. 

And then like destiny's blessing had she came, with so much love in her heart, radiating all of it out, the beams of hope brighter that the brightest star, than the sun and, Oh, than the moon! 

She grasped onto the landscape of his heart and painted herself onto his heart, mind and soul. She was the perfect reflection of the Divine, his saviour and his damnation. 

She loved him, all oh him. She loved his stories and his scars. She loved him— the raw, perfectly flawed him. 

She made his life beautiful

And he...?

He would just forget her?

She was his truth

The song on which his heart danced, the tune to which his spirit moved, the symphony of his love and the rhythm of his life. 

He was the moon to her earth- his entire life revolving around her, embracing her in his shadows. 

The earth to her sun, dancing around her as she shone like the brightest star in the sky.

He loved her like the existence of the stars in the Milky Way, millions of overlapping reasons, yet some brighter than the other. 

It was a universe in itself, intricate yet simplistic, complex yet easy, constantly exploding yet calm. 

It was like the galaxies, endless, unknown and somehow left undiscovered

His mind played dirty games on him! Torturing him with her hallucinations, giving him false hope that she was right there!- In his arms, only for her vanish away like mist. 

Her presence could be relished by him, her aura was the only thing he could feel. 

A while ago, she was there by his side, smiling and laughing, and now...

Now it is all gone

Staring up at the stars who blinked down at him, he was sure about one thing- He cannot heal. 

His soul ached to feel her again. The touch of her skin, the feel of her lips, the tender caress of her words. 

All of it. 

Arjun looked up at the stars again, a determined glint flashed through his eyes that was resembled by a loud crash of thunder. 

It was the only thing that could break the unspoken yet felt oath of solitude. 

Among the many stars present, he knew one was his Krishnaa, who was waiting for him like she always did. He took a step forward in the dark water. The cold water was not enough to make him flinch as he took another step until the water gathered upto his calves. 

"The stars," He whispered looking up at the sky as the little angels of heaven glittered and sparkled with all their might, yet one of them seemed the most glorious with a faint under-tinge of blue, "They look beautiful today, Krishnaa," His voice stuck in his throat as he struggled to convey his feeling, "because you are among them." He spoke in a heavy voice that was barely audible to himself. 

He took another step forward as he saw the blue lotus just near his feet wither away. The celestial blue of the tips of its petal gave away to a melancholic brown. And then, just like the plague which eats a person inside out, the fiendish swarthy colour eloped the tint of azure. The darkness then swallowed the cyan and the cerulean, slowly fading away into nothing but a dead pile of hazelnut, cinnamon and tawny. The petals fell away from the stalk and were forever lost in the graphite-coloured water. 

His lips tilted, "Even nature loathes my presence, therefore, my love, I must come to you." He spelled out to himself. 

He needed to free him from himself. 

The body that trapped an immortal, awaiting to meet the other half of itself needed to be destroyed. 

His soul must be liberated. 

He took a deep breath and tilted his head towards the sky, relishing the "body" for the last time. He could hear the lightning strike and the clouds rumble, but little attention he gave to those things. 

The way the soothing, petrichor laden air entered his nostrils, making him loathe every breath he took. 
The way the gentle waters lapped at his feet, bowing in his presence made him envy the heaven which was graced with her presence, but he wasn't.
The way the zephyr whistled in his ears, making them yearn to listen to the sweet, sweet melody of her voice. 
The way the gentle breeze, which carried along with it a fragment of the wet soil, tasted like bitter fate on his tongue. 

The sight! Oh, The sight which could had been so perfect like the picture painted by his eight-year-old-self, now seemed to lack the very essence of the landscape. 

It lacked her. 

Arjun swallowed, the lump of saliva passed down his parched throat just as smoothly as sandpaper on a jute cloth. 

He joined his palms and bowed to the element of water, the element which had created him, the reason of his birth. 

His healer. 

And so shall it be his destroyer. And the final consumer. 

He shall return to where he was formed, by the thunders of heaven and palliate waters of earth.

 An exuberant blizzard, must cease to exist before it wrecks the vernal frondescence. 

And so must Arjun without his Draupadi. 

You took her life away, O' Almighty Lord,
So why not me? 

***

Heeelllloooowww!!

Why does my heart feel heavy? *Dramatically places hand on my chest*

Is it the load of guilt? *Fake tears clouding my eyes* 🥺

Arjun- *runs behind me with his Gandiv*

Me- DUDE STAWWPPP!! *runs away* AYOOOO GOVIND SAVEEE MEEE!!!!

Arjun- No one can save you from me, Muggles!! It was your number after Vishakha, *launches arrows*

Me- *starts floating in air* hahaha did you forget? I'm the author, you cannot kill me!

Arjun- *smirks* but they can *points towards audience*

Me- *eyes widen* MUMMMAAAA *udan choooo* 🏃‍♀️💨

****

Okay, enough of my idiotic rambling 😂 I thought it would be nice after that looonnnggggg a chapter.

Did you like it?

What do you think Arjun is planning?

Would he finally be able to reach to his Krishnaa?

Do let me know!

VOTE AND COMMENT!!

~ Ariana <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 9.3K 54
What happens when fate forces a renowned warrior prince to marry a simple village girl? Would love be flourished between two unknown souls or would t...
99.1K 3.3K 37
A 20 year old from kaliyug suffered a lot of issues since her childhood . A fan of Shri Krishna's mischievous behaviour and heavenly smile suddenly l...
True Love By asmi

Historical Fiction

46K 1.2K 9
Arjun, the great warrior of his time and Draupadi,the fire born and the most beautiful woman in the world,the warrior princess turned empress and the...
12.1K 642 24
A Prince. A Princess. The Prince falls for the Princess after some mishaps, overcome problems together, and they live happily ever after. Isn't that...