Living Nightmare | Resident E...

Oleh VioletAlpha_

After several days of being comatose, Jasper finally wakes up, only to find out that his worst nightmare is c... Lebih Banyak

Introduction: Jasper Jae-yun Park
Prologue
Chapter 2: Kickass First Day
Chapter 3: Scares
Chapter 4: Lickers
Chapter 5: The FBI Agent
Chapter 6: Back At The Station
Chapter 7: Tyrant
Chapter 8: Into The Sewers
Chapter 9: Saving Ada
Chapter 10: NEST
Chapter 11: William
Chapter 12: Escape
Epilogue
Book 2!

Chapter 1: 10 Days Later...

900 23 3
Oleh VioletAlpha_

30 September 1998
Spencer Memorial Hospital

...

The throbbing in Jasper's head slowly came back to him as he woke up. He groaned in pain as he tries to recall what happened. His limbs protested as he sluggishly tries to find the strength to sit up on the hospital bed.

"What...? Where am I?" Jasper mumbled as he lifts his hand to rub his forehead. He hissed in pain when he felt a sting on the side of his head. He touched it again with more care and he felt a bandage. It felt like someone had stitched it.

An IV was in his right hand. Memories of the car accident flooded in his mind. He looked around the poorly lit room to see if anybody was in the room with him, but he only saw a bouquet of flowers next to the bed with a card. The flowers looked like they have been here for a while because of the petals hanging on the stems. He picked up the card so he could read it.

Wake up soon
Elliot

"Hello? Marvin? Elliot? ...Anybody?" Jasper tried to call for help for anyone who could possibly hear him, but weirdly enough, he got no response.

Jasper looked at the monitor machine on his left and saw that the power was off, making him furrow his eyebrows in confusion. He wondered why they turned the machine off. Did they think that he wasn't going to make it?

Jasper decided to carefully take the heart monitors off of him. (A/N: Idk what they're called) He swings his legs over the edge of the bed while using the IV stand for support as he stood up. He groaned in pain and staggered a bit, but with the help of the stand, he regained balance quickly. "Shit. How long was I out for?" He mumbled to myself.

He realized that he was wearing a hospital gown and the back part of it isn't doing a good job of covering his behind. He saw some clothes that are nicely folded on top of a white table. He slowly dragged himself to the table and quickly changed into the spare clothes they gave him, which consisted of underwear, a grayish-purple tank top, a black leather jacket, a pair of denim jeans and his combat boots. He pulled out the empty IV after he was done, wondering why the nurses never changed the bag.

He checked the time before putting his jacket on. It was 7:45 P.M. It wasn't that late so there should be some nurses still hustling around, right?

Jasper headed over to the door and pulled the handle. When he opened it, there was an empty bed in the way. "The hell...? Why would they block the door like this?" He wondered, before he pushed the bed out of the way and stepped out of the room.

"Hello? Doctors? Nurses?" He called out through the empty hallways, hoping to find somebody and get some answers. "Is anybody here? I-I need a little help!"

It was quite. Too quite for a hospital even. Jasper looked around and saw a bunch of papers being littered all over the floor. The lights were very dim and he could barely see anything. "Looks like these people might need more help than I do," he whispered.

Jasper saw a flashlight on the floor and picked it up. Fortunately enough, it still had power. He shined forward and saw an elevator at the end of the hallway. He walked over to the elevator and clicked the down arrow, but there was no power. "Must be the whole place," he muttered before he decided to take the stairs.

When he got to the second floor, he saw a trail of blood leading to the door, making him freeze on his tracks. "What the hell happened here?" He whispered to himself as he saw lights behind the door were flickering like crazy.

Jasper slowly stepped forward to the door and looked through the glass to investigate. His eyes followed the trail of blood behind the door until they widen in horror when he spotted a body on the floor, with its entrails scattered all over.

"Oh my god..." he breathed out with a panicked voice. He almost wanted to throw up right there. But luckily, he didn't, so he took off running downstairs until he got to the first floor.

Opening the door to the first floor, Jasper saw everything in disarray. Chairs were over turned, papers were littered, and there was blood spilled all over the floor. "Hello?" He called out, shining his flashlight around to see if there was anyone around. "Is anyone here?"

A groan came from up ahead and he shined his flashlight to its direction. He followed the sound and eventually, a man wearing scrubs came into his view. He was laying on the ground unconscious. "Oh my god..." Jasper mumbled before he ran to him. "Sir! Sir, are you hurt?" He asked as he shakes his shoulders. "Sir, wake up!"

All he heard was a quite groan from the man. "Sir? Are you OK?" He asked again. The man launched at him and crawled on top of him. Jasper let out a yelp, his hands pressed against his chest trying to push him off. The man didn't look human. His eyes were glazed over, his skin looked like it was rotting, and he snapped his bloodied jaws at the detective like he was trying to bite him. "Get off me!" Jasper yelled as he brings his leg up between them and kick him off. He backed away from the man and scrambled up on his feet before he ran to the door.

Once he was outside, he stopped in his tracks stunned at the scene before him. The heavy rain made his clothes stick to his skin. It was like a tornado came through and wrecked the city. There was no one in sight and there were cars everywhere, all abandoned and damaged by the crashes.

A loud bang on the glass behind him made him jump, the man from before was beating the door. The glass cracked as his fist made contact. Jasper took off running to the parking lot and stopped at a nearby car, which conveniently had the door open.

He hopped into the driver's seat and turned on the engine with the keys inside. He reversed the car before he drove away from the hospital. He only hoped that he could get some answers from the station.

***

"Attention all citizens: Due to the citywide outbreak, you are advised to take shelter at the Raccoon City police station. Free food and medical supplies will be provided to everyone in need."

Jasper hears the broadcast being played on repeat as he drove to the police station. He looked through the windshields and saw how much of a mess the streets were. Cars were littered and there were so many bodies on the ground, with a few... zombies eating their guts out. Jasper couldn't believe what he was witnessing right now.

Jasper saw a blockade of cars stood in his path and slowed the car down. "Shit," he cursed under his breath. "Looks I'm walking from here."

He exits the car and saw a police officer laying on the ground and went over to his body. He pressed two fingers against his neck and there was no pulse, then he saw a gun in the officer's hand. "Sorry..." the raven-haired muttered to the cop before pulling the gun out of his hands. He checked the gun for ammo, seeing that it was only a few left. He looked at dead cop before he started taking his gear off so he could at least have some kind of protection.

After Jasper was done, he heard a groan from a distance and quickly aimed the gun in that direction. He saw two zombies, eating a corpse's entrails, then they slowly turned their heads towards him. He heard another groan and turned to his left and saw multiple zombies slowing limping towards him. He knew he couldn't shoot all of them at once, so he looked around for an alternative and saw an alleyway to his right. He made a dash for it, quickly dodging one of the zombies' grasp.

Jasper ran into the alleyway as chaos around him ensued. "There it is!" He said as he saw the station, the R.P.D sign illuminated the area. He sees more and more zombies appearing from every corner, so he wasted no time and ran to the station.

Jasper squeezed through the cars while he dodged the zombies's reach. Another one from under the car grabbed his foot, making him stumble a bit. He gained his balance quickly and fired on its head, making its hand go limp and he escaped its grip.

"Ugh, get off me!" Jasper heard a man shouting near him and he quickly ran over to the source of the sound. He spotted a zombie hovering over the man as he tries to push it off. Jasper quickly shot the zombie in the head, making his body go limp.

The man quickly pushed the zombie off of him and Jasper jogged over to him. "You all right?" He asked the man with dirty blonde hair as he lifted his head to face him. He got a good look at the man's face and almost gasped when he immediately recognized his face.

"Leon?"

"Jasper..." Leon panted. Jasper offered his hand to him and he accepts it, before he lifts him up to his feet. "W-What are you doing here?" The blonde asked.

Before Jasper could answer, a growl interrupted him and the zombies start approaching them. "No time for questions! Come on!" Jasper said quickly before he pulled Leon towards the entrance. They collided with the heavy metal gate and opened it. They both pushed it closed before Jasper locked it. He stood with his hands on his knees, catching his breath. His body is still wasn't in the best condition since he just got out of the hospital.

The raven-haired looked over his shoulder to see Leon trying to catch his breath as well. "You all right?" He inquired.

"Yeah," Leon nodded quickly as he eyed on the zombies banging their fists on the gate. "We should probably get inside," he advised.

"Good call." They both walked up the stairs and opened the doors to the main hall. They were expecting to see a group of survivors, but there was no one in sight. Jasper knew immediately that something was off.

"Hello...?" Jasper called out. "Marvin? Elliot? Anybody?" He got no response and it made him slightly panic.

"Jasper, what the hell is what's going on here?" Leon questioned.

"I-I don't know. All I know is that I just got out of the hospital when... all of this happened," Jasper explained.

Leon's eyes widens when he heard the word hospital. "Hospital? Since when were you at the hospital?!" He questioned, making the raven-haired look at him confused.

"Did... no one from the station told you?" Jasper asked and Leon shook his head "no" in response.

"I've tried to reach you so many times, but you never answered, then I was told to stay away," Leon explained. "All of the sudden, all the calls were getting dropped. That's why I came here."

Jasper lets out a shaky breath. "Shit..." he muttered. "This is so fucked."

"I'll go check the computer," Leon tells him before he checks the computer. Jasper followed behind him and leaned his palm against the desk next to him. Leon clicked on a tab and a screen popped up. "There has to be someone here..." he mumbled.

A man in a police uniform was running through the halls with someone chasing after him. He fired his gun at him, but nothing happened. So he kept running while they keep chasing after him. "That's not good..." Jasper whispered.

"David! Marvin! You there?" The man yelled as he looked at the camera. Jasper perked up as he immediately recognized his voice.

"Elliot!"

"I found a way out! It's in here!" Elliot holds out his notebook towards the camera. The monster catches up to him and he fires his gun, but it didn't even flinch. The monster grabbed a hold of him and tried to bite him, the two of them could only watch in horror. Luckily, Elliot managed to push the monster off of him. "Send reinforcements! East hallway!" He yelled before he continued running.

Leon opened the tab to locate Elliot, he found the location on the hallway near the watcher's room. "We have to save him," Jasper spoke, looking over at Leon, concerned for Elliot's well-being. He looked at him with determination and nodded.

They headed towards the shutter that blocked off the east hallway. A large "KEEP OUT" sign was taped on it too. As much as they wanted to listen, they had to make sure that Elliot was all right. Jasper pulled the lever next to the door and with a buzz, the shutter began to gradually open.

It stopped moving, leaving them with just enough space to crawl under. "Looks like this is a one-person type of job," Leon stated before looking over at Jasper. "You should stay here. Maybe wait until somebody shows up."

"No, I'll do it. I'm the one that has to go after him," Jasper insisted, but Leon stops him.

"Jasper. It's like you said—You just got out of the hospital. I can't let you go in there alone," Leon reminds him. "Just stay here, OK? Please."

Jasper stared at the blonde for a moment as he pondered about the idea. He knew Leon was stubborn, especially when it came to him. "OK, I'll stay," he sighed. Leon nodded and looked under the shutter to shine his flashlight for any threats. "Is it safe?" The raven-haired asked.

"Yeah. Coast is clear," Leon replied before he lifted his head and looked over at Jasper. "I'm going in," he tells him.

"Be careful," Jasper advised. Leon nodded in response and began to crawl under the door to the other side.

Leon was met with a cluttered and dark room. "OK..." He whispered to himself. He moved his flashlight, illuminating the area. There were a lot of dark stains on the wall, something he would rather not think about what it truly was. The floor was wet, filled with water in front of him.

He spotted a breaker box and saw a fuse missing from it. "Of course. I need a fuse..." Leon mumbled before he ventured further down the dark hallway.

This place gave him the creeps, that's for sure. The walls he passed were a bright red even without the stains, and there was a short hallway to reach a door.

The next room was even more unsettling, a flickering light at the top was barely illuminating another hall to the right as he walked in. Suddenly, he hears a loud creak. Leon whipped his head to the door that was barricaded with boards. He gripped his gun tightly in his hand in case of any threats who decided to surprise him. Luckily, the sound stopped.

Leon sighed in relief before continuing. "You got this," he mumbled to himself before he walked down the dark hallway to his left, passing some boxes on shelves. He stopped at two white doors in the hall. The two doors opened, only to reveal another dark room. He pointed his flashlight at every inch of the room before he was safe to travel in.

As soon as he did, a disgusting smell hit his nose, making his face scrunch in disgust. He was strong, however, and pressed on over to a small switch on the wall.

He turned off his flashlight as light flooded the room. There was a corpse on the floor, explaining the rancid smell that hit him when he walked in the room. Leon moved over to it and groaned before checking the pockets of the uniform. He found some ammo on the corpse and grabbed it before exiting the room.

There was a locker blocking the path of the hall in front of him. He moved over and pulled the locker and sure enough, the locker was put back into place, making a loud noise in the process. "Crap," Leon whispered to himself, giving careful glances in both directions of the halls.

Leon shined his light forward, illuminating the hall, and continued to venture further. He turned right and saw a lot of stains splattering on the wall ahead of him. Leon grimaced at the sight of a corpse lying on a bloody floor.

"OPEN UP! HURRY! OPEN UP!" A loud voice screamed. "OPEN THIS GODDAMN DOOR!"

Leon's instincts kicked in as he immediately jolted towards the area the voice was coming from. He opened a door to his left and saw a shutter. There was pounding against the shutter, showing his panicked state.

"I'll get you out!" Leon assured as he got closer to the shutter and began to pull it up. Now he really wished that Jasper was here to help because the shutter was barely moving.

"HELP ME! PLEASE! HELP ME!" The man, Elliot cried as his arm fit through.

"Gimme your hand!" Leon ordered. "I got you!" Loud growls began to approach as he tries to help Elliot. He grabbed his right hand and began to pull while he tried to crawl through. "Gimme your other hand!"

The familiar growls of the zombies only got louder on the other side as Leon tried to pull him further. The sounds followed by a sickening squelching noise. Elliot started screaming in pain as Leon continued to forcefully pull him out with the creatures on the other side.

"Hang in there!" Leon shouted as he pulled harder, leaning all of his weight to have more tug as Elliot screamed louder. With a final tug, the weight holding the officer down disappeared. The lower part of his body was missing, revealing his entrails. The officer's screams died down and stopped moving, a sign that he had already passed.

"Oh my god..." Leon uttered, at a lost on what to do. He was panting heavily as the zombies started to bang on the shutter. He spotted a notebook on the floor that the officer and grabbed it.

He stood up on his feet, completely shaken up by what just happened. Until a sudden banging on the door alerted him. Leon quickly whipped his gun out and aimed it at the door. A zombie barged through the door and Leon fired at its head twice, making his head explode and his body to fall on the ground.

He escapes the room and begins to run through the hall as more and more zombies start to approach from every corner. "Jesus, they're everywhere!" Leon shouted, running through the halls as he avoids the zombies' grasps to save his bullets.

***

While Jasper waited for Leon, he began to scope out the main hall to see if there were any survivors. "Hello...? Can anybody here me?" He called out, hoping that somebody would hear him, but he didn't hear a response.

Jasper walked up the ramp and saw a couple of hospital beds, but no survivors or police officers in sight. "Marvin? David? Where are you?" He sighed and walked back down the ramp. He looked to his left, seeing the metal door Leon took to the east hall.

Suddenly, he hears faint noises beyond the shutter. It sounds like... screaming? Jasper's body tensed up as he starts to think of the worst possible scenarios.

What if it's Leon?

Jasper approached the door and got down on his knees, aiming his flashlight under the gap. The room was dark, he noticed, and the tiles were stained in blood. He couldn't believe that he actually let Leon go in there alone. He wondered if he should call him.

Suddenly, there was the sound of a door creaking behind him. He tensed up and slowly stood up. He gripped the gun tightly in his hand, his heart pumping fast at the sound of foot steps hitting against the glossy tiles.

"Jasper...?" A familiar voice spoke and he quickly turned around to see a familiar black man in a police uniform, Lieutenant Branagh. "You're awake—" Marvin cuts himself off with a groan of pain and leaned against the nearest wall on his side.

"Marvin!" Jasper rushed over to him and saw his hand clutching his stomach, then he realized that the shirt was soaked with blood. "Marvin! What the hell happened to you?!" He asked frantically.

"It was Brad..." Marvin grunts out. "He took a chomp out of me... Those things are everywhere..."

"Hey, don't talk, OK?" Jasper told him as he grabbed the lieutenant's free hand and swung his arm over his shoulder, taking him to the nearest hospital bed. "We can heal you, all right? Just hang on."

"No, Jasper," Marvin pushes himself off of the detective and grunts in pain as he sits back on to the bed. Out of instinct, Jasper reached forward to him, but he holds a hand out, stopping him. "You shouldn't have come here. You need to leave."

"But, I have to help you, you're bleeding—"

"You don't understand, Jasper!" Marvin cuts him off with a raised voice, which took him by suprise. "The situation here is worse than you think. What you have to do now is to get the hell out of here before they—"

A loud rattling came from the shutter, making Jasper jump. He snapped his head towards the shutter and saw Leon struggling to get out from underneath, but a zombie gripped onto his leg from behind, dragging him back.

"Leon!" Jasper dashed towards the shutter, with Marvin shortly following behind him.

"Goddammit! Jasper!" Leon yelped.

"I got you!" Jasper reached forward and grabbed his arms, pulling him out of the zombie's grip. "Watch out!" He exclaimed as Marvin grabbed the handle.

"Got it!" Marvin calls as he smashes the shutter onto the zombie's head, smashing its skull and brain into bloody chunks. With the shutter sealed, Marvin faced the blonde as he fell back against the shutter. "You're safe... for now."

"Thanks..." Leon panted heavily.

"Marvin Branagh," Marvin introduced, eyeing between Jasper and Leon. "I suppose you two already know each other."

"Yeah," Leon nodded. "Leon Kennedy..."

As Leon tries to catch his breath, Jasper noticed that Elliot wasn't with him. "Wait, where's Elliot?" He asked the male.

"I-I couldn't... I couldn't..." Leon trails off, completely shaken up by the incident back there. Jasper fell into realization that he couldn't save Elliot, so he wrapped his arm around his shoulder and gave him a half hug. Him and Marvin looked at each other with disbelief.

"Here..." Jasper stood up and offers his hand to Leon, which he accepted and lifts him off of the ground. "I'm sure you did what you could, Leon," he said sympathetically.

Leon slowly nodded as Jasper softly rubs his arm for reassurance before he turned to the lieutenant. "Lieutenant, what happened here? I thought this place would be full of survivors."

"There were more of us, but they all have either turned or die," Marvin told them. Leon and Jasper glanced at each other for a second.

"What about the other officers?" Leon added.

"Only a few of us have escaped, but the others..." Marvin trails off and shakes his head. Jasper's heart dropped to his stomach as realization hit him. Leon seemed to notice this and he placed his hand on his shoulder for comfort. Jasper placed his hand on top of his as a sign of appreciation.

"Let's get you somewhere more comfortable to rest," Jasper spoke. Leon helped him walk Marvin up the ramp and sat him down on a leather couch.

"You should change," Marvin spoke as he eyed on Leon. "We don't have much, but there should be some spare clothes in the lost-and-found behind the desk."

"Got it," Leon nodded, glancing at the desk behind him. "Thanks again, Marvin."

"Don't mention it," Marvin waves him off before Jasper and Leon headed to the desk. Jasper went behind it and grabbed the RPD uniform from the box. "Here," Jasper tossed it Leon, who caught it quickly.

"Thanks," Leon nodded with a small smile, which Jasper returned. Alas, his smile fell when he noticed the bandage on the side of his head. "Does it... hurt?" He questioned, reaching his hand forward.

"Oh, no. No, it's fine, really," Jasper quickly tell him reassuringly with a smile. "It's just a scar. No big deal."

"You sure? You don't need anything for it?" Leon expressed his doubts.

"I can take care of that," Jasper waves him off. "I'll be fine. Don't worry about me."

"OK. I trust you," the blonde nodded as he clutches the uniform to his chest.

"I better go check on Marvin while you go find somewhere to change," Jasper spoke.

"Here," Leon digs through his pockets and pulled out a small notebook. "This was from Elliot, the way out is in there," he informs the latter as he handed the notebook to him.

Jasper flipped through the pages and saw a drawing. It looked like a secret passageway is hidden underneath the goddess statue and it requires three medallions to open it. "OK, thanks," he nodded to him.

He quickly noticed that Leon had a guilty expression on his face. "I'm sorry I couldn't save him," he says softly as he hung his head low. He was beating himself up.

Jasper sighed. "Leon, it's OK. Don't beat yourself up. You did everything you could, and it's not your fault," he reassured him. "What we need to do now, is to focus on finding a way out. That's what Elliot would've done."

Leon smiled and nodded. "Right. I'll... be right back," he said before he walked away. Jasper's eyes followed him until he disappeared from his view. He lets out a sigh before he went back to check on Marvin.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

289K 11.6K 45
You thought it was over? *** I DO NOT OWN THE RESIDENT EVIL CHARACTERS*** **STORY IS MADE UP*** WATTPAD IS THE ONLY SITE I POST!!!
3.2K 173 12
Six years have passed since the Raccoon City incident that will forever leave an impact on the world, including Jasper. He joined a top secret agency...
77.1K 3K 31
RPD officer Mykie Irons heads into Raccoon city for her overnight shift, she has a new rookie to train and expects tonight to be just as chaotic as i...
3.9K 89 11
BOOK TWO OF APOCALYPSE after 8 years of waiting, Flora is finally ready for Leon... until she finds out some news. apocalypse - cigarettes after sex