The Overlord and False God

By Eriliri

While Momonga in the original story is alone throughout the end of Yggdrasil, in this story however, our favo... More

Bio, Character sheets and backstory
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 6

590 19 4
By Eriliri

Cypher Mindspace

After experiencing the peculiar sensation, Cypher refocused her attention on the task at hand: summoning Lucifer.

According to her recollection, Lucifer was an High-tier raid boss in YGGDRASIL. Defeating Lucifer yielded unique items specifically designed for imps or similar races, allowing them to upgrade their skills, create powerful gear, or advance their racial classes.

The shitty dev had introduced Lucifer as a permanent raid boss following the Hellborne Update, a major expansion that brought new skills, items, and world elements to the Muspelheim realm within the game's expansive universe.

In YGGDRASIL, players were only allowed to enter unique dungeons like the one who housing Lucifer once a week. There were a total of 34 such unique dungeons scattered throughout the game world.

For many imp players, venturing into the Lucifer raid dungeon became a necessity if they wanted to advanced their racial classes. However, the dungeon's difficulty level proved to be a source of frustration for lower-tier players. Most of them sought assistance from higher-level friends, guildmates, or even resorted to paying others to help them conquer the challenging dungeon.

After reminiscing about the past with slight smile,  Cypher then reached for her book.

Cypher: "Alright, Book, show me how to summon him."

The Book glowed, instantly opening itself and providing answers to Cypher's questions.

Firstly, grab the world item 'Brimstone' from the inventory and create a platform for Lucifer to stand on.

Cypher: "Got it. Here's goes nothing.."

Cypher swiftly retrieved the Brimstone and imagined a wooden floor materializing below her. In a matter of seconds, the vast expanse transformed into a wooden floor, roughly the size of her living room.

Secondly, focus your mana and infuse it into the Brimstone. Visualize the image of Lucifer in your mind.

Cypher followed the instructions diligently.

Thirdly, be patient. Lucifer will soon materialize. And a warning to the user: Cypher, If Lucifer is displaying a slight differences, I will personally guide you if something is wrongly occurs.

Cypher: "Okay, Thanks for the head up."

A smile graced Cypher's face as the book completed its task.

As Cypher stood there, her anticipation intensified, accompanied by a sense of excitement intertwined with a touch of nervousness. After all, Lucifer was not just any raid boss; he was an exceptionally challenging one. In the worst-case scenario, Cypher possessed the Seed of Yggdrasil, an world item that granted her a form of immortality, ensuring her safety in case Lucifer turned rouge. And She definitely will beat him into submission if things goes south.

In a matter of moments, a dark shadow began to manifest, permeating the air with the scent of smoldering wood. Gradually, a figure cloaked in shadows materialized, as if emerging from another realm.

In front of Cypher , a strikingly handsome man stood, his tall stature overshadowing her own. With a lean physique, long blond hair, and piercing blue eyes that resembled the vast sky.

He greeted the person foolish enough to summon him with a smile but left shocked by what he see.

---
Muspelhiem, many years ago

For a millennium, ever since his fateful rebellion against his father, Lucifer had reigned with an iron fist over the depths of Hell. Throughout his extensive existence, none had dared to challenge his authority, save for sporadic clashes with his father.

However, as time wore on, the eternal monotony of observing sinners and meting out punishments began to wear on his weary soul. What once brought him amusement and satisfaction had devolved into an unending cycle of boredom after countless millennia.

Yet, on one fateful day, his stronghold faced an unexpected assault from a group of seven mysterious individuals who materialized seemingly out of thin air. Their sudden appearance piqued Lucifer's curiosity, stirring a dormant spark within him.

At the forefront of the assault was a woman of breathtaking beauty, adorned in resplendent golden attire. With effortless grace and skill, she laid waste to Lucifer's forces, leaving them in shambles.

To his surprise, the remaining six individuals refrained from engaging in combat, their focus diverted towards an unknown objective that intrigued Lucifer even further.

Lucifer contemplated the situation, a faint glimmer of hope igniting within his heart. Perhaps this woman could bring him the enthralling entertainment he had long yearned for. With a decision made, he resolved to closely observe her, eagerly awaiting the unveiling of her true potential and the excitement she could potentially bring to his realm.

For a full thirty minutes, the woman relentlessly slaughtered Lucifer's men without showing any signs of fatigue. Even his highest-ranking general proved to be no match for her prowess and skill.

Amidst the chaos, she shouted in frustration, her voice echoing through the battlefield.

Cypher: "Ulbert! How much longer do I have to deal with this damn creature!" Her words carried a mix of impatience and annoyance, directed at someone beyond Lucifer's sight.

Cypher: "A cutscene? Fine, I'll wait." With a hint of resignation, she stood her ground, commanding a formidable presence. Even Lucifer's demon army seemed to quiver in fear, aware of the massacre she had unleashed upon them.

Lucifer let out a weary sigh, realizing that if he desired something done right, he should have to take matters into his own hands. He resolved to deliver a severe punishment to his subordinates for their failure later, but first, he needed to confront this mysterious woman who had singlehandedly brought his forces to their knees.

He swiftly teleported in front of her, materializing with a flash of dark energy.

Lucifer: "Greetings," he began, but his words were abruptly interrupted by the woman.

Cypher: " Finally! [Message] Hey Ulbert, gather everyone here and tell them to stop wasting time harvesting on those damn weeds!"  Her frustration was evident in her voice as she issued her command.

Lucifer: "I must admit, I don't quite understand-" he started, only to be interrupted once more.

Cypher: " Yeah yeah, skip," The woman's tone held a hint of impatience as she readied her weapon.

Lucifer: "Very well, let us begin. Don't disappoint me," he said, preparing himself for the impending clash.

Cypher stood in silence for a moment, her expression briefly change at his words. With a cold response, she retorted:

Cypher: "A farm material is talking."

And with that cutting remark, the two powerful adversaries clashed. 

---

Lucifer knelt down, his body weakened and ravaged by the injuries he had sustained. Every movement was an agonizing struggle as pain coursed through his veins.

He realized he stood no chance against her.

The woman before him surpassed anything he had ever encountered in his immortal life. Her skill, her power—it surpassed all his calculations.

Surveying the wreckage surrounding him, his once formidable stronghold now lay in ruins. Without breaking the curse imposed upon him by his father, he knew victory was beyond his reach.

He couldn't access his angelic abilities, the very essence of his being. That damned bastard had informed him that only through prayer to him that the curse will be lifted.

But there was no way in Hell he would stoop to that level. His pride would never allow it.

With unwavering resolve, Lucifer defiantly faced his impending demise, refusing to submit to his father's demand for repentance.

With voice filled with fiery determination, Lucifer called out to the woman before him, his words booming across the desolate battlefield.

Lucifer: "Come! Face me and bring forth my salvation!" His voice echoed through the air, challenging the woman who stood silently, observing his unwavering stance.

Cypher: " Alright Ulbert, that your queue," She motioned to her companion, and in an instant, a goat-man materialized at her side.

Without warning, Cypher began an incantation in an unknown language, casting a spell that bound Lucifer in place. The end seemed imminent, drawing closer with each passing second.

Ulbert: "Good work, Cypher-san. Now, allow me to conclude this," Ulbert said, stepping forward. With a resolute expression, he began to recite an incantation. "Roar, my secret arcana! Descend, o ultimate disaster! Flow, ye tears of despair and regret! — [Grand Catastrophe]!"

As the powerful spell surged forth, sealing Lucifer's ultimate fate. Heralding his imminent demise, he made peace with his impending end. With a heavy heart, he closed his eyes for the final time, allowing the memories of his long existence to cascade through his mind like an ethereal slideshow. Amidst the tumultuous waves of remembrance, a subtle pang of regret, as delicate as grains of rice, stirred within his soul.

Lucifer: "Father," he thought to himself, the word laden with complex emotions, as the engulfing heat began to consume him entirely.

As the all-consuming heat closed in around him, he wished fervently for the ability to turn back time, to undo the rebellion that had brought him to this point. He desired nothing more than to have his position recognized, to be regarded as the pinnacle of creation, distinct from humans and exalted in his own right.

A faint chuckle escaped his lips, laden with bitterness and resignation. Where would he end up after this? Perhaps a realm even deeper within the depths of Hell itself. The thought brought a flicker of amusement amidst the bleakness.

With each passing moment, his essence was devoured by the relentless flames. It was only a matter of time before his mind would fade into nothingness. Yet, even in the face of oblivion, he mustered a final smile directed towards the heavens above, a bittersweet acceptance of his fate.

---
Cypher Mindspace, present time

Lucifer's voice, dripping with bitterness and resentment, slithered through the air.

Lucifer: "You..." His words unfolded slowly, each syllable weighted with a dark undertone.

Cypher, her gaze fixed upon him, brimmed with curiosity and confusion. She patiently awaited an explanation, her expression a canvas of question marks. How did he know her? Was there a memory resurfacing within him?

Cypher: "You seem to have some familiarity with me, or is it a remnant of a past recollection?"

Lucifer: "You are the harbinger of my downfall. You are the reason for my defeat."

Cypher's eyes narrowed, her voice laced with a hint of amusement.

Cypher: "Wow, you realize how little that narrows it down? I've killed you numerous times."

Lucifer closed his eyes, a heavy sigh escaping his lips, as he contemplated the situation.

Lucifer: "Is this some sort of sick joke, Father?" he muttered to himself, his voice tinged with a hint of bitterness. "But if this is your answer, then I shall willingly accept it."

Cypher, observing his murmurs, interjected with curiosity.

Cypher: "What on earth are you mumbling about?" Her voice paused briefly before continuing. "Nevermind that, I'm the one who summoned you. But tell me, do you harbor any intentions of betraying me in the future?"

Lucifer met her gaze, his eyes locked with her captivating golden orbs. 

A genuine smile graced Lucifer's lips as he replied to Cypher, with a newfound sincerity in his voice.

Lucifer: "I've grown tired of making foolish decisions. All I desire now is to relax and enjoy the simple pleasures of life."

Cypher, taken aback by his unexpected response, hesitated for a moment before continuing.

Cypher: "Well, that's an unexpected answer. Alright then, Lucifer, I need you to open your shirt."

Lucifer carefree face suddenly turned into a confused one.

Lucifer: "Pardon?" Lucifer's voice was laced with a mixture of surprise and confusion as he responded to Cypher's request.

Cypher's expression remained resolute as she explained her intention, her gaze unwavering.

Cypher: "I need to mark you with my emblem. It's a necessary precaution in case things goes south."

Lucifer, still puzzled but willing to comply, unfastened his shirt, exposing his bare chest to her scrutiny.

With a steady hand, Cypher observed his skin, searching for the perfect spot to place her emblem. After a moment's consideration, she pressed her mark onto his left chest—a triangle with watchful eyes.

Cypher: "There you go. Just remember, if you do anything foolish, I'll personally make sure to teach you a lesson." She threatened.

Lucifer, his gaze shifting from the emblem to Cypher, nodded in acknowledgment, a newfound sense of belonging mingling with his uncertainty.

Lucifer: "Understood. I will tread carefully."

Cypher's stern expression softened ever so slightly, a hint of approval in her eyes.

Cypher: "Good. Welcome to the family, Lucifer." Cypher said with a wide smile, her eyes brimming with genuine warmth.

Lucifer, taken aback by her unexpected kindness, felt a flicker of emotion he had long believed to be extinguished. The genuine affection in her expression touched a chord deep within him.

During his reign in Hell, he had never pursued romantic relationships, and even as an angel, his father forbade any involvement with his creations. But now, a glimmer of hope danced in Lucifer's heart, prompting him to open himself to new possibilities.

Cypher: "Anyway, take my hand. We need to exit my mindspace. No one can enter or leave without my permission, so grab hold," she instructed, extending her left hand towards him.

Lucifer hesitated only for a moment before reaching out, his hand meeting hers. As their fingers intertwined, a faint jolt of energy coursed through him. He then smiles before replies at Cypher

Lucifer: "Lead the way, Cypher."

Cypher nodded in affirmation as their hands joined together, a sense of anticipation filling the air. Before them, a mysterious door materialized, beckoning them forward. Without hesitation, Cypher reached out and turned the handle, causing the door to swing open.

A blinding light engulfed them both, its brilliance overwhelming their senses. In an instant, everything turn black. 

---
Nazarick 9th floor

Mabel: "Hey, why do you think Lord Ainz changed his name, Bro-bro?" Mabel asked her twin brother cheerfully, her eyes shining with curiosity.

Mason: "I'm not entirely sure, sister, but Lord Demiurge and I have been discussing our theories on that matter," Mason replied, his voice tinged with intrigue.

Mabel: "Ooh, won't you share that information with your dear sister?" Mabel pleaded, wrapping her arms around her brother in a playful hug.

Mason: "No, and also, get off," Mason shrugged off his sister's embrace.

Mabel: "Aww, you're such a spoilsport," Mabel pouted, sticking out her tongue mischievously.

Mason grumbled in response.

Both of them now made their way to the cafeteria. While they had the Pleiades maids to serve them, Mabel preferred the lively atmosphere of being around other people, and Mason secretly enjoyed the attention from the beautiful maids. Although he would never admit it.

As they walked, their destination just a few minutes away, Mabel turned to her brother with a bright smile.

Mabel: "After this, do you want to visit Mom?" Mabel asked.

Mason looked at her, returning the smile.

Mason: "Sure, let's bring her some food. I've heard Mom has a sweet tooth."

Mabel's face lit up with excitement.

Mabel: "A cake, then!" she exclaimed, raising both of her hands in the air.

Mason nodded in agreement.

Mason: "A cake it is."

Moment later they had arrived at the cafeteria, where Mabel wasted no time greeting Claudia, one of the servers.

Mabel: "Hello, Claudia! The usual for me, please! And don't forget the extra coffee for my dear brother here."

Mason, slightly annoyed, interjected.

Mason: "Mabel, I can order my own menu, you know." Mason grumbled, "Claudia, may I have my usual with extra coffee, and also prepare a cake for our mother to enjoy."

Claudia dropped her basting spoon in surprise upon hearing Mason's request.

Claudia: "P-preparing food for the supreme being? I'm sorry, Lord Mason, but I am just a regular homunculus maid. I cannot handle such divine tasks. Serving food to supreme beings is beyond my capabilities."

Mason and Mabel exchanged glances before reassuring Claudia to calm down.

Mabel: "Claudia, relax! Mom doesn't mind, so you have nothing to worry about!"

Mason nodded in agreement.

Mason: "Indeed, if it still makes you uncomfortable, I can ask the Pleiades maids to handle it."

Claudia shook her head.

Claudia: "I'm sorry, Lord Mason, but Lady Yuri is the only one designated for that task," Claudia said as she prepared the menus the twins had ordered. Her face look downed 

The twins nodded understandingly and proceeded to pick up their food, ready to enjoy their meal.

They began searching for an available seat to enjoy their meal. Mabel, noticing an empty spot plus the bunch of maids, quickly pulled her brother towards it, causing Mason to be startled and almost drop his food. Thankfully, he managed to save it just in time.

Mabel chuckled sheepishly, a hint of embarrassment in her expression, while Mason shot her a stern glare. They proceeded towards the vacant seat, but not without Mabel's loud announcement that caught the attention of the nearby maids.

Mabel: "HELLO, GIRLS! PLEASE DON'T MIND US!" she exclaimed, causing the maids at the nearby table to flinch in surprise.

Mason, who had already placed his food on the table, facepalmed and apologized to the maids.

Mason: "I apologize for my sister's rude behavior. Please continue with your meal," he said calmly.

The maids blushed after hearing mason words, and one of them stammered in response.

Mabel giggled mischievously, wiggling her eyebrows playfully at her brother.

Mason, in the midst of calmly enjoying his food, couldn't help but notice her antics and raised an eyebrow in confusion.

Mason: "What?" he questioned, curious about her behavior.

Mabel: "Oh, nothing, Mr. Lady Killer~" Mabel replied with a teasing tone, causing Mason to roll his eyes at her response with a hint of small smile on his face.

Mabel pointed her index finger playfully at her brother's nose, teasingly him repeatedly. 

Mabel: "You're such a dork, bro-bro," she exclaimed with a mischievous grin.

Mason was not unamused and swatted her hand away.

Mason: "And you're such a trouble-shooter, sister," He retorted.

The playful banter continued as they enjoyed their meal.

As they enjoyed their meal, Mason reminded Mabel to send a message to Yuri, one of the Pleiades maids, about preparing a cake for their mother. Mabel, still chewing her food, nodded in acknowledgment.

Mason, ever the stickler for manners, scolded her for speaking with a full mouth. Mabel, however, shrugged off his comment and continued devouring her food.

Mabel: "Yum! The food prepared in Nazarick is always so delicious," she exclaimed with a satisfied smile.

Mason agreed, taking a sip of his coffee before chiming in.

Mason: "I couldn't agree more. The coffee here is excellent. I hope we can discover a bean similar to coffee in this new world."

The maids, who were seated at the same table as the twins, approached Mabel and spoke softly.

Maid #1: "Excuse me, Lady Mabel. We must return to our duties. Please enjoy the rest of your meal."

Mabel looked at them, her cheeks puffed up like a chipmunk.

Mabel: "Okay, Take care!" she replied, her words muffled by the food in her mouth.

All the maids nodded and bowed their heads before walking away, leaving the twins to continue their meal in peace.

As they savored their meals, a sudden glow emitted from the Cypher emblem adorning in their respective accessories in their clothing, causing them to abruptly halt their actions and panic set in.

The twins exchanged frantic shouts with one another, their voices filled with alarm.

Mabel: "Dip! There's something wrong with Mother! We need to act fast!" she exclaimed urgently.

Mason: "I know! Let's teleport to her room immediately!" he responded.

With a nod of agreement, Mabel and Mason swiftly teleported to their creator's location.

As they materialized in their mother's presence, they were met with the sight of a tall man standing beside her. He possessed blond hair and a lean physique. Mason's instincts kicked in immediately.

Mason: "Mabel, get ready for combat!" he commanded, his voice filled with rage as he prepared to strategize their attack.

However, Mabel, driven by her fierce protectiveness, disregarded her brother's call for planning and rushed forward without warning, catching Mason off guard. He gritted his teeth in frustration, realizing that he would have to adjust his approach on the fly.

Mabel summon her golden-hued halberd, gripping it tightly as she prepared to strike.

Mabel: "Argh!" she shouted, launching herself towards the man with a forceful attack. However, he effortlessly caught her weapon and tossed Mabel aside. "Guh!" she grunted as she was thrown to the ground.

Mason, witnessing his sister's fall, cried out in concern.

Mason: "Mabel!" he shouted, his attention quickly shifting to the man who stood there, holding Mabel's halberd.

Lucifer: "Greetings," the man began to introduce himself, but Mason interrupted him.

Mason swiftly cast a series of spells on both himself and his sister.

Mason: "[Shared buff]! [Instant buff]! [Battle Glory]! [Decisive Battle]!" he exclaimed, enhancing their abilities with several powerful buffs.

Lucifer: "Dear, oh dear," Lucifer chuckled, reminiscing about the battle he had previously engaged in.

Suddenly Mabel reappeared beside him, her eyes filled with pure hatred as she tightly gripped her war axe.

Mabel: "Die!" she declared, unleashing her fury upon him.

Lucifer remained calm throughout the whole situation, effortlessly blocking Mabel's attack with his stolen halberd while maintaining a smile. However, Mabel's frustration continued to grow, fueling her relentless assault.

Meanwhile, Mason decided to join in, hoping that his attack would serve as a distraction. He launched an attack at Lucifer, who swiftly dodged it and attempted to retaliate with a kick. However, before his foot could connect, Mabel shouted a warning.

Mabel: "You're wide open, you bastard!"

Lucifer sighed inwardly, bracing himself for Mabel's incoming attack. However, to his surprise, Mabel swiftly swapped places with Mason. Now, it was Mabel who stood in Mason's position, swinging her war axe with determination in her eyes.

Lucifer's smile faded for a moment as he adjusted to the change in circumstances, his mind analyzing the new threat before him. He swiftly raised his halberd to block Mabel's powerful strike, the clash of weapons echoing through the room

Mason seized the opportunity, rushing towards Lucifer with his walking cane in hand. He aimed the sharp edge of the cane, attempting to stab Lucifer with all his might. However, Lucifer's agility allowed him to narrowly dodge the attack, causing only a slight graze of blood on his cheek.

Lucifer's smile widened once more as he unleashed his counterattack against the twins. With a swift kick, he sent Mabel stumbling backward. Without wasting a moment, he grabbed hold of Mason and forcefully hurled him towards his sister.

The air filled with a whirlwind of chaos as Mason hurtled through the air, hurtling towards Mabel.

Mabel and Mason quickly got up, their eyes locked as time seemed to slow down. In that split second, their instincts kicked in, and they coordinated their movements, preparing for the impact and formulating their next move.

Mason veered to the left, while Mabel dashed to the right, zigzagging with each other in an attempt to distract Lucifer. But Lucifer merely chuckled, seemingly unfazed by their strategy.

Before the twins could ready themselves to attack, Lucifer made an unexpected move. With a swift motion, he unbuttoned his shirt, revealing his bare chest. The twins  initial aggression momentarily halted, stood there in surprise and confusion, their eyes fixed on the unexpected sight.

Lucifer chuckled at their reactions. 

He then decided to dispel the misunderstanding and introduce himself, hoping to ease the tension.

Lucifer: "Greetings, I'm Lucifer Morningstar. Your mother is the one who summoned me. If you want to confirm it, take a look at the emblem on my left chest."

#AN

Whaaat a fast update? impossible !

But believe my friend it is a fast update!

Also this my first time to write about fighting scene. Hopefully it meet with your expectation :D

See you next week! or month, probably month.

It will explain why Cypher just sleeping at the end not doing anything ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 145 25
Right after everything become real momonga felt a source in a nearby village in a cave so he bring albedo with him to the cave to find out what case...
2.7K 49 11
In this we have Ainz little brother or I guess Suzuki Satoru meet his little brother Luka Satoru he was a very nice kid but at the age of ten he kind...
13.9K 403 17
Waking up after the end of Yggdrasil, Momonga finds himself stuck in his Avatar's body in a fantasy world that seems oddly real. he had no gear, no i...
2K 56 21
The story of a player who decides to enter the world of game reviewers. Playing the new VR-MMORPG that just started, YGGDRASIL, he will start an adve...