Undying Devotion|| A Wangxian...

By RIVERANDTOAST

What if ChangSe SanRen and Wei ChangZe never went on that night hunt, what if they gave in to Wei WuXian, wha... More

Author's Notes/Character Introduction

80 2 0
By RIVERANDTOAST

"We'll stay in a inn first, then we'll go up the mountain that leads to Cloud Recesses." Jiang Cheng said, pointing to the inn in front of them. "Yes, Young Master Jiang." the disciples all said in unison. 

"Wei Bai, do you want to borrow me money for some Emperor's Smile?" Wei Ying asked, raising his eyebrows with a grin. "No, I don't have that much money. You pay for it yourself." Wei Bai said as they walked. "Huh fine, then no share for you!" Wei Ying taunted. "Go ahead, but if you get your kidney spoiled, I'm not going to help you." 

"I'm so sorry generous young master but another young master has booked the whole place." The server said, bowing and apologizing profusely. "But we were here first! Who booked it!?" Jiang Cheng said, crossing his arms. "This young master please don't take offence but the one who booked the whole place is someone we don't dare offend."

Just then two girls stepped in, "Server?" she was wearing white and gold robes with the Sparks-Amidst-Snow peony on the front. Wei Ying whispered to his sister "The Lanling Jin Sect, no wonder the server didn't refuse..."

"Not that shit-eating peacock again.." Wei Bai whispered back. "A-ah, yes?" the server asked. "Take this, be careful, there are six perfume bags in there." the girl said to the server. "Ah, lady's please don't worry, this one will take care of it for you." the server smiled. 

"Mianmian, lets go see the young masters room." the girl beside Mianmian said. "Mn!" 

"Right this way" the server said, leading them away.

"Ugh whatever, come one Wei Bai, let's go pack up." Wei Ying said, going up the stairs. "Ge! Wait up!" Wei Bai hurried up the stairs too. 

[After leaving the Inn] 

"A-cheng, do you know what to do now?" Jiang YanLi asked, holding her brothers arm. "A-jie, are you tired?" Jiang Cheng asked "No, I'm fine, is anyone tired?" YanLi turned around and asked. "No, Jiang GuNiang." 

"Then let's immediately make our way up the mountain to Cloud Recesses. We can rest there." Jiang Cheng said, looking at the disciples for confirmation. They all nodded and set off. 

[At the entrance of Cloud Recesses]

"I'm sorry but without your invitation, you aren't aloud to enter." The disciple guarding the entrance said. "But we really miss placed it, we swear we aren't trying to break in!" Wei Ying pled. The disciple shook his head again. "How about this, you bring your master here, once he sees our shijie, he'll know who we are." This time the disciple nodded but their happiness died down before it even started. "Then please wait until 5 o'clock when I change my shift." 

"5 o'clock?! Are you crazy?! You--!" "Ge, calm down..." Wei Bai said, pulling at his sleeve. "But--!" "Ge, remember what a-niang said? We need to be good, let's just wait, its already 2 something, we can just sit here and wait for now." Wei Bai said, looking at her brother. "I-, alright..." 

Just as he said that a tall young man walked up the steps. He was wearing white robes with a forehead ribbon that was imbedded with light blue clouds. "Lan er-going zi." the disciple kowtowed. Lan er-gong zi nodded as he was about to walk back in, he heard someone call him. "Lan er-gong zi, we miss placed our invitation the sun is about to set and get dark can you let us in?" 

"Ge! What are you doing!" Wei Bai pulled at his sleeve. "Shh, A-bai, be quite." Wei Ying shushed her. "I'm sorry, but no invitation, no entry." Lan er-gong zi said, keeping a stoic face. "Ah, but we really miss placed it, we swear its not on purpose." he continued to plead. 

"No invitation, no entry." 

"Just get your master, I'm sure he'll let us in if he sees our shijie!"

"No invitation, no entry."

"Ah, how could you be so heartless--"

"..." 

"Mm?Mnmmmm mhmmphm" as Wei Ying struggled, the young master already walked away. "Lan er-gong zi has already casted the silencing spell on you, it's not harmful so young masters please not worry, as long as he doesn't rip his lips open to speak, no harm will inflict on him." the disciple informed. 

"Mmm mpfm.." he lightly punched Wei Bai "I told you, now you have to bear with the consequences." 

[At Night]

"A-Qing, don't worry A-Xian will be all right he just went to grab our invitations." Jiang YanLi patted her shoulder. "Yeah, Wei WuXian won't be in any trouble, worrying over him is useless, just a waste of energy." Jiang Cheng shrugged. "Mn, you guys are right... " Wei Bai said, sitting down again. 

However she didn't sit for long. "Lan er-gong zi" she stood up quickly and kowtowed. "The Jiang Sect of Yunmeng is terribly sorry for the scene earlier this afternoon." Jiang Cheng apologized as he kowtowed. "We've yet to properly introduce ourselves, I Jiang WanYin, birth name Jiang Cheng from the Yunmeng Jiang Sect greets Lan er-gong zi." 

"I, Jiang YanLi of Yunmeng Jiang Clan also greets Lan Er-Gong Zi" Jiang YanLi kowtowed too.

"Wei XinQing, birth name Wei Bai from the Jiang sect of Yunmeng greets Lan Er-Gong Zi and deeply apologizes for earlier."

Lan Er-Gong Zi also greeted them "Lan WangJi, birth name Lan Zhan greets the disciples and the young master of the Jiang Sect." "Lan Er-Gong Zi came out at this hour, is there something wrong?" Jiang Cheng asked "No, nothing is wrong, I would just like everyone to come in." Lan WangJi stated. "Ah? But didn't Lan Er-Gong Zi personally say we have to have the invitation?" Jiang YanLi asked. "WangJi has spoken with uncle and xiongzhang and have agreed to let the Yunmeng Jiang sect in despite the rules this one time." 

"Thank you, Lan Er-Gong Zi, please lead the disciples and young master in." Wei Bai said, helping some of the disciples who were too tired up. "What about you, Wei GuNiang?" he inquired. "Please call me XinQing, addressing me with 'GuNiang' makes me a bit embarrassed. I'll stay and wait for my brother, he's gone to collect the invitations."

Lan WangJi just nodded, as he was about to lead the disciples up, Jiang YanLi and Jiang Cheng walked over to XinQing. "A-Qing, nothings going to happen to A-Xian, trust us and go up." Jiang YanLi said. "I feel uneasy if I leave, please let me stay." Wei Bai said. "No, XinQing, just come up, nothing will happen, its unsafe for you to be here alone." 

After a few minutes of persuading, Wei Bai agreed and walked up, glancing behind her a few times. 

[Near Midnight] 

'Gosh! These steps are killing me.. Luckily I got myself some jars of Emperor's Smiles. We'll see if this trip is worth it!' As Wei Ying walked up the steps , he found a locked door. 'I can't break in I'm pretty sure that's breaking the rules but, Wei Bai... okay just climb up that wall, if I don't break anything to get in, then I'm not breaking in!' 

Just as he put a foot over the wall and flipped himself up, he felt cold eyes burning into the back of his head. He turned around and almost let out a scream. Lan WangJi was standing right there, staring at him like he had just murdered a whole family of 5!

"A-ah, Lan Er-Gong Zi, its you! I've found the invitations, here let me show you!" before he even got to search for it, a cold voice sounded through out the night, somehow making it colder. "No one is allowed in or out past 7 o'clock. Get down from the wall." the voice was deep, cold and somewhat melodious, it sent chills down his spine. "I'm just here for my sister, shijie and all, how about this, I'll give you a jar of Emperor's Smile and you let me in?" Wei Ying grinned. The deep voice sounded again. Looking at his two jars of wine he stated coldly. "Alcohol is forbidden in Cloud Recesses, double guilty. Trying to bribe a law enforcer, triple guilty!" Lan WangJi gritted his teeth.

"What?! Oh my, how am I going to live in this place for even a week without being punished!" Wei Ying shouted. "Yelling is prohibited in Cloud Recesses, quadruple guilty." "Aiya, Lan Er-Gong Zi, just let me in, I'll just take a look." With that Wei Ying jumped of the roof but before he could, Lan WangJi was already in front of him with his sword drawn and near his neck. 

"Woah, Lan Er-Gong Zi, aren't you a bit too much? Pointing a blade at a you new classmate isn't very nice, it it?" Wei Ying then unsheathed his sword and blocked the blade. He tried jumping off again but Lan WangJi now started swinging at him. The two fought, jumping form one house to another. 

At the end, one of the jars were shattered into pieces by Lan WangJi and the other was dropped after only having one gulp by again, Lan WangJi! Wei Ying got a punishment of writing the sect rules 5 times since he violated 5 of them. While Lan WangJi just had to do it once!

He was then sent to his room my Lan XiChen, the nicer older brother of Lan WangJi. 

[The Next Morning] 

"Ge! You've really got guts! Not only did you break 5 rules to second you step in but you also provoked Lan WangJi? Are you looking for death?! A-niang said that we have to behave but the second you come in you break 5 rules!" Wei Bai ranted. 

"Aiya, am I your older brother or are you my older sister, your nagging just like a old woman" Wei Ying said, rolling his eyes. "Ge, tomorrow we start the official classes, I'm being serious, do not misbehave!" Wei Bai said, smacking her brother lightly.

"Ow! Okay, okay, listen to you..."

[The Next Day]

"Ge, are you awake? We start classes after a incenses time! Hurry!" Wei Bai scolded, walking into her brothers room. "Hm? Mn..." he replied, still asleep. 

"Ge! Wake up!" 

"Mpfh, don't the girls and boys stay in different zones? How did you even pass..." Wei Ying yawned "That old uncle starts his lectures in an incenses time, of course I'm allowed over!" Wei Bai said, softly messaging her temples. 

"Okay, okay I'll go get ready.." 

+~*~+

"Rule One, Running is prohibited. Two, Promiscuity is prohibited. Three, Arrogance is forbidden..." Lan QiRen listed out the rules one by one while stroking his goatee. Wei Ying yawned, struggling to keep his eyes open. "Ge!" Wei Bai whispered, softly tapping his table. "A-ah? What?" he whispered back.

 "Don't doze off, Lan Er-Gong Zi is keeping his eyes on you. That old uncle too. Jesus, did breaking 5 rules cause so much trouble that they have to act like your stalker..?" Wei Bai joked, resulting in Wei Ying snorting, a bit too loudly since both Lan WangJi and Lan QiRen stopped and looked at them. Lan XiChen just smiled softly, shaking his head. 

"I'm listing the rules out one by one, because some of you didn't read it. This is to prevent any rule breakers from using not knowing the rules as an excuse to avoid punishment. But since you all figured that this is boring, I'll ask some questions." Lan QiRen said, rolling up the long scroll again.

"Wei XinQing." QiRen called out first. "Yes, sir." Wei Bai stood up, posture perfect, graceful yet domineering. 

"Who is the founder of the Gusu Lan Sect?"

"Lan An"

"What was the occupation of the founder of the Qinghe Nie Sect?"

"Butcher"

"What is the flower that represents the Jin sect?"

Both siblings have despised Jin ZiXuan from the Jin Sect for far too long so after a pair of scoffs from both siblings, Wei Bai answered. "The Sparks-Amidst-Snow Peony."

"Good, sit down, Wei WuXian." Lan QiRen called out next

"Here!" the boy exclaimed as enthusiastically as usual, whispering to his sister as he stood up, "watch me make this old mans head red!" "Bet!" his sister whispered back, winking.

"there is an executioner with parents, a wife, and children, but before he died, he executed more than one hundred people. He suddenly died in the public and, to punish him for his deeds, he was left on the streets for seven days. With the repressed energy of resentment, he started to haunt and kill. What should be done?"

This time, Wei WuXian didn't answer immediately. The others thought that he was confused, and were all feeling restless. Lan QiRen scolded, "Why are you looking at him? Think about this as well. Don't open your books!"

The disciples took their hands away from the books that they intended on quickly flipping through. They were confused as well—having died in the public and left on the streets for seven days, it was definitely a fierce ghost and a ferocious corpse, and therefore a question hard to solve. Everyone hoped that the old man Lan wouldn't pick on them to answer. After a few moments, seeing that Wei WuXian didn't answer, Lan QiRen seemed like he was thinking, and spoke again, "WangJi, you can tell him what should be done."

Lan WangJi stood up, answering the question with the same cold and nonchalant tone. 

"Good! Not a single word off." Lan QiRen praised, stroking his goatee proudly. "I have a question!" Wei Ying raised his hand, grinning. 

"Speak." 

"Although 'liberation' comes first, it is often impossible. 'To grant his dying wish' sounds simple—it would be easy, if the wish was a new piece of clothing, but what if the wish was to kill lots of people for revenge?"

Lan WangJi followed on, not leaving any room for anyone else to speak. "Thus, suppression assists liberation. If it is necessary, elimination would also follow."

"Aiya! Such a waste. Actually it wasn't that I didn't know the answer, I was just thinking of a fourth path..." he sighed, smirking at his sister who gave him silent approval. 

"Huh? I've never heard of a fourth path, speak."

"Because the executioner died in such a way, it is only natural that he turned into a ferocious corpse. Since he executed more than one hundred people before he died, why not dig up the graves of these people, arouse their energy of resentment, collect the heads of those hundred people, and use them to fight with the ferocious corpse..."

Now, it was Lan WangJi's turn to look at him in a funny way. Lan QiRen was so angry that his face was blood red. 

"You--! Get out!" Lan QiRen shouted so loud even the birds around cawed and flew away. 

"Hahaha, yes yes okay!" Wei Ying then proceeded to walk out the class room and to the back of the hills. 

[After classes] 

"Ge! Haha, you made that old uncle so mad, he told you to get out and you really did, haiz, not surprising." Wei Bai said, lightly hitting her brother.

"He told me to get out so I did, there's nothing to be upset about, I just did as he asked!" Wei Ying shrugged. "He also told you to copy the sect rules 300 times and have Lan WangJi supervise you." Wei Bai said, washing her hands.

"What?! Lan WangJi?!"

"Yes, Lan WangJi. Good luck, that old man says you have to stay in the Library Pavilion for a month." Wei Bai said, sticking out her tongue. "Ge, I'll get going now, sleep earlier today, you have to be in the library by 10." 

"Alright, alright, Wei Bai, be good, don't mess around there, a-niang won't be happy if the news of you misbehaving gets to her."

"... I'm more well behaved then you, I'll just go, good luck." 

"Mn..." 

'Me with Lan WangJi? God! Can this trip be any worse?! I'll never make it out alive here...' 

+~*~+

Words in bold are the paragraphs in the actual novel.

Wei XinQing, Wei Bai name meaning: 
Xin (心)=Heart
Qing (情)= Clear, pure
Bai (白)= White, pure

Words: 2655

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 27.2K 120
Genre- Drama Fantasy Historical Romance Slice of Life Author(s)- 静似骄阳 Associated Names- 穿书七零:我的炮灰丈夫十项全能 Eng Name- Transmigrating into a Novel: My Can...
261K 10.2K 32
""SIT THERE AND TAKE IT LIKE A GOOD GIRL"" YOU,DIRTY,DIRTY GIRL ,I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BOOK🌝🌚
1.2M 39.9K 59
Princess Nymeria is well aware that her kingdom is in decline. It has been for hundreds of years after all. Unlike her ancestors, she's willing to re...
74K 1.9K 69
"mom, dad, Im married!" lahat ng relatives namin ay nagulat sa announcment ko. Sino ba naman kasi ang mag aakala na ang unica ija ng pamilyang Letpr...