π‘¨π’’π’–π’‚π’Žπ’‚π’“π’Šπ’π’† π‘¬π’šπ’†π’”...

By Nanounet972

Another summer started at Camp Campbell and there's a new counselor at the summer camp. (Y/n) is a beautiful... More

π‘ͺ𝒉𝒂𝒑 𝑢𝒏𝒆
π‘ͺ𝒉𝒂𝒑 π‘»π’˜π’
π‘ͺ𝒉𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆
π‘ͺ𝒉𝒂𝒑 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓
π‘ͺ𝒉𝒂𝒑 π‘­π’Šπ’—π’†
π‘ͺ𝒉𝒂𝒑 π‘Ίπ’Šπ’™
π‘ͺ𝒉𝒂𝒑 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏
π‘ͺ𝒉𝒂𝒑 π‘¬π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’•
π‘ͺ𝒉𝒂𝒑 π‘΅π’Šπ’π’†
π‘ͺ𝒉𝒂𝒑 𝑻𝒆𝒏
π‘ͺ𝒉𝒂𝒑 π‘»π’˜π’†π’π’—π’†
π‘ͺπ’‰π’“π’Šπ’”π’•π’Žπ’‚π’” π‘Ίπ’‘π’†π’„π’Šπ’‚π’
π‘ͺ𝒉𝒂𝒑 π‘»π’‰π’Šπ’“π’•π’†π’†π’

π‘ͺ𝒉𝒂𝒑 𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

645 27 10
By Nanounet972

[Since the campers are like in 4th grade (a bit higher for some of them), let's say their summer vacation starts in in the middle of May so it could be easier to the storyline.]

" And now all we have to do is wait for the results.." (Y/n) smiled at the boy sitting in the passenger seat as he eat his ice cream cone.

After her revelation a few days ago, when David drove everyone back to Camp Campbell, (Y/n) was quick to get in contact with one of her job friends who agreed to do this small favour for her without all the paperwork.

So after a small lie of getting groceries for the camp, (Y/n) drove herself and Max to her friend's medical office and gave the samples for DNA testing.

So after giving a bit of blood and a lock of their hair, she went to the supermarket in the big city and did some shopping so as not to raise suspicion.

And now she was on the way back to Camp Campbell.

" He said we should have the results by the day David planned Parents' Day.. or maybe a bit later but we'll see.." She smiled with a small shrug as she saw the Camp Campbell sign and make a turn towards Lake Lilac.

Max turned to her and grinned too, lightly scratching the small band-aid that was on his right arm. He may not have liked the syringe in his arm, but he was glad he had an ice cream for his courage for facing his fear of needles.

" Finish your ice cream, we almost made it to camp." (Y/n) made a final right turn and saw the entrance of Camp Campbell in view.

Passing through the entrance, she went to park near the counselor cabin and turned her car off. " There we go." She grinned and opened her door, stepping out after unclipping her seatbelt.

Max followed still eating his ice cream, stepping out the passenger seat and went to her side as she opened the trunk and took the small groceries out of her car.

" Don't want everyone to be jealous.." She winked at the boy as she took the box of ice cream. Then once all the groceries were in her hands, she closed the door and locked her car.

" You should go take a shower. It's still pretty early, there should be plenty of hot water just for you." She giggled and leaned down to ruffled his hair then start walking to the Mess Hall with the bags.

" Try not to draw attention to yourself. Don't want nosy people asking where you were this early.." Max nodded and went toward his tent to get a new change of clothes.

.
.

" HELLO CO-COUNSELOR !!" David yelled out as he noticed (Y/n) storing the groceries. She turned to him with a small grin.

" Oh, hey Red. What got you more enthusiastic than usual ?" She asked as she took her 'Counselor #3' mug and drink her tea.

" Today's very special! It's Mother's Day !!" David smiled, as (Y/n)'s warm face turned into a scowl.

" What ?" She clenched her mug so hard that it broke in her hands, but she was indifferent by it.

~~

If there was a day that (Y/n) despise more than her own birthday, it was Mother's Day.
Because it just reminded her of her own awful mother and the fact her baby was kidnapped.

" Okay kiddos! Today's Mother's Day and we'll prepare some gifts for your mothers !" David smiled widely as per usual. " So grab a box and make your gift ! We'll send them when they're ready."

After a good breakfast, the campers were seated outside under some trees with the counselors around them. For this special day, David thought of letting the children make their own gift.

Max stared at the box and the art supplies in front of him with a frown. He wasn't very ecstatic about Mother's Day, he hated his mother.

That stupid bitch wasn't even his birth mother, she always hated him just as much as he hated her and wasn't afraid of showing it.

Speaking of birth mother..

The boy turned to his curly hired counselor who was sitting against a tree. Her dark face hidden behind her curly hair as she gripped her stomach tightly.

Max frowned. Of course (Y/n) wouldn't be so happy about today..

" We should do something for her.." Neil whispered besides him to Nikki who nodded with they glanced at their gloomy counselor.

" Yeah, we should cheer her up !"

.
.

For their Mother's Day gift, even with a blue mood, (Y/n) suggested to write letters to their mother and send some pictures of them.

" Write about how much you love her, how grateful you are for what she does for you, and how happy you are to have her.." She smiled.

So everyone (yes, even Gwen and David) were sitting by the tables and were writing.

" Ered, Dolph..we talked about this so just do what I told you." With Ered having gay dads and Dolph being raised by his uncle, they two asked their counselor of what they should do. So she suggested to write for them instead..

" Great idea (Y/n) ! Your mothers will be happy to receive your letters so made sure to leave your personal touches !" David smiled before turning back to his own paper with a happy smile as he had his own little drawings on the paper.

(Y/n) brought the art supplies and put them on the table, letting them use glitter and decorations to their letter/card.

Max stared at his paper then looked up to (Y/n), then looked back to his card with a determined expression. He took another paper and took the color pencils and start drawing with a concentrated look on his face.

~~

(Y/n) giggled as she took pictures of everyone in the water.
For this special, despite how much she hates it, she thought of letting campers fill their boxes with pictures of them so now everyone was by the lake.

Glancing around, she even saw QM laying on the sand just chilling under the sun. She saw Gwen and David having both Harrison and Nerris on their shoulders as they chicken fight.

She shook her hand as David fell back in the water and looked around to check on the other campers before noticing someone was missing.

(Y/n) frowned when her eyes finally found Max. He was still in his normal clothes, sitting away from the water, he seemed to stare at the water like it was his own enemy.

She grew concerned and walked over him. " You're not joining them Sweetheart?" She asked as she sat by his side, looking down at him worried.

Max looked up at her counselor then looked down with a shake of his head.

" C-Can I tell you something?" He nervously played with his fingers.

" Of course. Anything.." She gently brushed her hand on his face in a comforting way.

" I..I never learnt how to swim.." He whispered, being loud enough so she heard. (Y/n)'s eyes widened before she gave a soft sigh as she stared at his embarrassed face.

" It's okay Max..You don't have to be so embarrassed about it. Wanna know something?" She leaned over and whispered in his ear. " I didn't know how to swim until I was 11, I was too afraid of water.." She grinned when he turned to her shocked.

" You !? But you were so fucking cool and all ! You were a fierce WoodScout and didn't know how to swim ?!" Max stared up at her as she laughed wholeheartedly.

" Yeah..But I quickly learnt how to swim when I got over my water fear." She smiled. " Of course I was really embarrassed for not swimming but I learnt to ignore people's opinion on me and stayed confident no matter what." She ruffled his hair with a smirk.

" How about we both get changed and I teach you how to swim ?" She looked down at him with a smile. " And plus, you'll see all my scars on my body."

Max definitively perked up at the thought of seeing her scars. Since he learnt she was a WoodScouts, he has been dying to know how they look like.

" Really ?!" She chuckled and nodded at his curious expression.

" The fuck we're waiting for ?! C'mon !!" Max excitedly stood up and start tugging on her arm making his counselor laugh. She got up and let the ten-year-old guide her away from everyone else.

.
.

Both David and Gwen were left with their jaws dropped to the floor. They both stared at their friend with massive blush on their faces.

When (Y/n) did came back with Max, they noticed three things.

First, their counselor was now in her swimsuit.

Her jacket was giving her a chubby frame but without it, (Y/n) was fit. Her arms having defined muscles, with a slim wait like a hourglass and she actually had a six-pack meaning she was definitively keeping her shape by daily exercises.

Secondly, her whole body was covered in scars. Mainly on her back and arms, and they never noticed her hands were also covered in scars.

Guess they never really payed attention to it..

And thirdly, the fact that Max was in brand new blue swim trucks (bought by (Y/n) of course) and seemed as amazed as they were about her appearance.
The boy keeps circling her, looking at each scar with pure admiration in his aquamarine eyes.

" HOLY SHIT !! THAT'S SO FREAKING COOL !! YOU HAVE LIKE TONS OF THEM !!" Max smiled up at her before being picked by the chuckling (Y/n) who hold him with one arm.

She liked to see her little protege so amazed.

Max couldn't keep himself from looking closer at her scars, though he was hesitating. He really wanted to touch them but didn't know if it was still hurting her.

The counselor grinned at his hesitation. " You can touch them if you want, they have been healed for a very long time.."

Now given the green light, Max quickly began to run his fingers over the scars around her upper body.

" Oh, let me guess ! That one is from the big snake." Max grinned up at her as he poked one on her shoulder. "Nope, that one was from the bear who almost eat my arm off." She chuckled.

"Damn it !" He snapped his fingers, pouting that he got it wrong, making (Y/n) smile.

" Come on, let's get you in the water.." She walked toward the water and stepped in, then stopped when the water reached her hips. Max looked down at the water with wide eyes before he wrapped his arms around her neck and don't let go.

The water was scaring him..

" Come on Sweetheart. The water is fine.." She tried to put Max closer to the lake water but the boy just hold tighter and made everything to curl his body away from the water.

David swum near (Y/n) and looked at the afraid Max with a concerned stare. " Do you need help (Y/n) ? I can take him-" She shakes her head at her friend and took a hold of Max's hips, she could feel him tremble in fear under her hands.

" Don't touch him David. Max have to get over his fear by himself and forcing him will make things worse.." She smiled at David as she gently rubbed Max's back.

" Don't worry, I got this.."

" If you say so.." The redhead left her alone.

(Y/n) hummed and keep rubbing Max's back feeling him calm down. 'Maybe I started too strong..let's do baby steps..'

" Let's get out of the water. I think I know how to make you more comfortable in the water.." She start walking back out the water. Seeing his counselor get out of the water Max sighed in relief and hold on her shoulders less tightly.

.
.

" You will surely not be very surprised to know that you are not the first child that I am teaching to swim.."

" Yeah, not very surprised about that. But what if they all laughed at me..I look a goddamn baby.."

" First of all, I found you very cute dressed like that. And secondly, if anyone says something about this, they'll have to get through me first !"

Max chuckled as he walked back to the docks while holding his favourite counselor's hand. This time, she prepared him more for his first swimming lesson.

" Aww Max !! You look-" David cooed out loud before being silenced by (Y/n)'s death glare when she turned to him.

Max had now yellow floaties on his arms, and a cute bear buoy around his waist. His black curly hair was tied with (Y/n)'s red scarf, that she usually used for her own hair, in a small ponytail.

Max looked around nervously and hold on (Y/n)'s leg with a embarrassed blush. " (Y/n)..they're looking at me.." He whispered as he hide his face.

(Y/n) pulled her untied hair off of her face and looked at the campers in the water. They were snickering about him under their breath, even Nikki and Neil.

" If I ever hear a laugh about Max..the slightest giggle AND YOU ALL WILL CLEAN THE BATHROOM CABIN AND EAT THE QUARTERMASTER'S POTATOES FOR THE REST OF SUMMER !! UNDERSTOOD !?" She yelled in a 'pissed mom' tone.

They all shut up at her threat and looked away from Max. The said boy grinned and hugged her leg as she affectionately ruffled his hair.

" Come on..time for swimming lessons with me." (Y/n) smiled and took the boy by the armpits and carried him in the water a bit away from the others.

There she very slowly put his feet in the water before seeing that he was willing to go by himself and let him float in the water thanks to the buoys.

" There. Now let's start.." (Y/n) hold out her hands to Max. The small boy took her much bigger hands in his small ones and nodded with a grin.

~~

" Finally." (Y/n) sighed as she put down the brush.

She just brushed Nikki's hair and it was a nightmare. The greenette keep squirming around plus she had so many things in her hair..she even found bugs !

But in the end, she managed to untangle Nikki's wild hair and was of course proud of her work.
Around her, the campers still in swimsuits clapped at Nikki's hairstyle.

" I can't wait to ruin it !!"

" Nikki please. I spend an eternity on your hair.." (Y/n) sighed making the greenette smile.

" Thanks Camp Mom !" (Y/n) froze at the name as the greenette stood up from her lap.

"Wha-" "-Yeah ! You're like a mom to us ! You're always here for us and care about us !" Nikki grinned at the other nodded.

" Yeah, you always cook good things for us !" Harrison added.

" You made sure to be there for each of us and even love our different activities!" Preston cheered at his surprised counselor.

" Yeah ! Like going on quests with me !" Nerris smiled.

" Or, like, teach me new skate figures.." Ered nodded.

" Make portraits with me !" Dolph smiled.

" Play space with me !" Space Kid added with a smile too.

" Make new magic tricks !"

" Help me with my experiences !"

" Go on adventures too !"

" And help me write my plays !"

" Don't forget the wrestling matches with me !"

(Y/n) looked at all the campers with a genuine smile. They sure love to make her smile as she heard all the things she does.

" They're right y'know. You're like our own Camp Mom !" Max smirked and leaned against her side, wrapping his arm around her in a small hug.

" Aww you kids !!" She opened her arms with a wide smile.

" GROUP HUG !!" The children tackled her to the ground and wrapped their arms as much as they could around her. (Y/n) laughed, feeling a small tear going down her cheek.

" I love you all so much.."

~~

Every kid were eating their ice cream cones, now in their usual clothes, as they finished the last touches to their gift box.
(Y/n) printed the pictures she took of the campers and let them do whatever they want with them, most of them put in their boxes with little notes telling how they were doing and what they do at the camp.

" I'm done Camp Mom !" Nikki grinned as she showed her messily wrapped box to her counselor.

" Me too !" Most of them said back as they lifted their box with grins on their face.

David perked up and walked to his co-counselor with a grin, followed by grumpy Gwen who didn't want to be here as always.

" Good job campers ! Now, I want each of you to give your box to Gwen who will send it to your parents.." The redhead smiled as Gwen glared at him while (Y/n) just smiled at her annoyed expression.

One by one they all walked over and handed their box much to (Y/n) and David's delight and Gwen's pure annoyance.

" So that's Nikki, Dolph, Nurf, Nerris, Neil, Harrison, Ered, Spake Kid, Preston and-" (Y/n) frowned when she noticed a missing box. " Wait where Max's ?"

"Here.." The boy frowned as he gave a poorly made box to Gwen, you could tell he hadn't really put much effort into this gift.

David's brow furrowed at the sight of the box and looked at Max with a frown. " Oh, come on Max ! Don't you love your mother ?"

" No." The tan boy glared up at him. " That whore hates me just as much as I hate her.." Max then put his hands in his hoodie pockets and walked off with a deep frown on his face.

The counselor trio looked at each other with wide eyes, though (Y/n) sighed and looked at her friends with a smile.

" I'm gonna go talk to him..You two keep an eye on our campers." She smiled and went after the small boy.

Checking around the camp, she finally found Max. He was in his tent, sitting on his cot with a box wrapped in a beautiful sky blue paper and a red ribbon on top on his lap.

Now THIS box was definitively made with all of his little heart.

(Y/n) walked in his tent and saw the box in his hands. " Max, sweetie, what is this ?" She gently asked as she sat on the ground near his cot.

Max glanced up at her and a small blush appeared on his face as he shyly hold it out to his counselor.

" For you."

(Y/n) was surprised but took the box and gently took the paper off, Max watched her in anticipation as she opened the box and gasped.

She gently took it from the box and hold it in her hands with a warm smile.

A freshly knitted plush (Y/n) hugging small plush Max.

Max shyly played with his fingers and grinned when he saw how happy she was.

" Oh Max..This is.." She starts tearing up and covered her mouth as she sobbed. She sniffed and tried to wipe away the tears and she noticed something else in the box.

She put the plushes on her lap and took the folded paper, seeing some pictures of them in the bottom of the box. She wiped another tear away and unfold the paper.

A beautiful drawing of her and Max holding hands under a sunny day.

Max really did everything to make the drawings look like them, for a 10-year-old child he was quite good at drawing.

┌──❀̥˚──◌─ - ────❀̥˚─┐

For the best Mom ever !!
Happy Mother's Day.

-Love Maxwell

└────❀̥˚── - ─◌───❀̥˚┘

Droplets dropped on the paper.

(Y/n) couldn't help but let her tears flow, she was so happy that his gift just made her cry..

Max stared at the crying counselor as she sobbed in her hands before he felt the tears welling up too. He whimpered and let the warm tears slide down his tan face, catching her attention.

(Y/n) cooed and took the boy in her arms, she cradled him against her chest and kissed his nose, gently nuzzling her face against his.

" Oh my baby..My sweet little angel.." She ran her hand through his hair as Max clenched her jacket with soft sniffs and whimpers.

" I love you..so, so, so much.." She hold him tightly in her arms as she smiled and gently wiped the tears away. Then she gently brushed her hands on his face and cupped his cheek, wiping the tears away.

Max sniffed and lay his head in the crook of her neck, cuddling his counselor as she caressed his face with her fingers.

" I love your gift.." She warmly smiled as she pecked his cheek. " In fact, I'll always keep it with me.." She giggled under her breath as she put the plushes and the drawing back in the back with one hand.

Max rubbed his eye and sniffed as she slowly rocked them from side to side while humming a small song.

" How about..you stay in the counselor cabin with me ?.." She smiled down at him. " Do you wanna stay with me ?" He softly nodded on her shoulder.

" But..David and Gwen..and the others.."

" Don't worry about it.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68 1 8
You're the newest recruit at Camp Campbell! This is your journey through the last few weeks of camp. Hanging around with Gwen and David, your time is...
3.4K 80 12
After some unfortunate events the last few years your mother sends you to a summer camp In hopes to help improve your social skills and take your min...
8K 106 23
All the campers are fifteen now and it's time to go back to camp Campbell for the summer! But things don't start off with such a swing. Secrets are k...
9.8K 176 16
I will try to update this book as much as possible. Hopefully 1-2 chapters a day. If you don't like this book, then that's okay! I hope everyone else...