Fallen Stars| ✎

Trick_writes tarafından

"You obsessed, Riv?" "Always have and always will and nothing is going to change that." - Ella Reid the gi... Daha Fazla

preface
playlist
charcter aesthetic
Prologue
chapter one
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
charpter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen

chapter two

3.3K 94 127
Trick_writes tarafından

"You know what? I think it should take me way longer to get ready because of all of the makeup and outfits I can't seem to pick out. But no, you take the longest; who would have known?" I hear June say it with a laugh.

I roll my eyes at the girl I call my best friend. "You're so annoying." June laughs. She should know I don't start getting ready until I get a text saying.

'I'm going to beat the crap out of you if you are still in bed when I get there.'

"We'll be late." Good, I wanted to say but didn't. "If you hurry up, I'll get you McDonald's." Side-eyeing her before I turn to give her my full attention.

"Breakfast?" She gives me a nod. I drop my hair brush onto my bathroom counter and quickly spray on some perfume. "Okay done." I gave her a fake smile. Her jaw dropped slightly.

"You cunt." I raise my brows silently, asking her, What? "You only did this because you wanted Mickey Ds." She pointed at me like she was surprised.

"You did it on purpose." Her brows narrowed as she watched me grab my bag from the floor. "What do you mean?" I asked innocently. Laughing when June swats at my arm.

***

I throw my McDonald's bag into the trash as June and I enter the high school.

The loud noise fills my ears, and seeing the crowds of students has my stomach twisting into a knot. I hate everything about this shithole.

I hate the people, the drama, and the overbearing feeling in my stomach due to all of the people and noise.

I hate the feeling of waiting to just disappear, to hide away in a bathroom or empty classroom. I hate not being able to talk to people or freezing when I do manage to get a word out.

Feeling an arm on my shoulder out of nowhere. "My favorite people." I look over to see Flora. Feeling slightly uncomfortable with her arm on my shoulder.

I shook my shoulder, hoping that would get her to move her arm, but she didn't get the hint. "I'll be right back; I just have to use the restroom." I say, pushing Flora's arm off of my shoulder.

I hate people touching me, especially people I don't like. June gave me a look, silently asking if I was alright.

I give her a nod and a quick thumbs-up. I grab my backpack straps as I make my way towards the restroom.

Entering the small restroom, hoping that there is no one here. I've only been in school for about 15 minutes, and I already need a break.

I look at myself in the mirror. I can't even recognize myself anymore. I used to be so happy and able to talk to people.

But now I barely even have the energy to talk to my best friend. I feel numb, and I don't know why or what triggered it.

I take in one more deep breath after I hear the late bell ring. Turning my back on my reflection and leaving the bathroom. I walk down the now empty hallway, feeling more relaxed due to the lack of people.

I quietly walk into my first period. Thankfully, Mrs. Cruz was looking at her computer and didn't notice me walk in.

My eyes immediately went to my desk to notice that River was sitting in my seat. What the hell? Why is he in this class? I know I'm in a class full of seniors, but Riv has never been in this class before.

My eyes quickly scanned the room for any open desks, but of course there weren't any other than the empty desk next to River.

I wish I had choked on my McDonald's breakfast this morning instead of having to sit next to River. I walk to the only empty desk, and I immediately turn to look at Riv.

His black hair lays messily on top of his head. If I'm being honest, I was jealous of how good his side profile was. I could see a faint scar right above his brow and one on his jaw.

"What are you doing here?" I say it and quickly realize that I was being a bit loud. I snapped my head up to look to see if Mrs. Cruz heard me; thankfully, she didn't.

Riv slowly lifted his head to look at me. Just the slightest movement caused one of his tattoos on his neck to slip out from underneath his dark hoodie. "In class." He responded with a grin, causing his dimple to show.

"This isn't your class." He raises his brows as he turns all of his attention to me. "Is this room C26?" I nod. His grin widens slightly. "Good, then I'm in the right place." My lips move into a thin line as I'm already growing annoyed with him.

Why is he really here? To see one of his girls? I ask myself. I wouldn't doubt it. I remember Noah telling me that he dared River to go into a random class just to get her number.

I pull out a paper and pen as I whisper, "Just go back to class. Make sure you tell my brother to stop with the stupid dares." River shakes his head, and a low chuckle escapes his lips. "I had my first hour changed." He said it nonchalantly, not giving me any clue why.

"What did you do now?" I roll my eyes. "Why are you not happy to see me?" I scoff at his question. Happy? No more like annoyed.

I watched as he leaned forward, just enough to feel his breath against my ear. A shiver crawled up my spine as his words left his mouth.

"You're welcome, by the way." His deep voice is low, and his intoxicating smell fills my nose. A woody scent with a hint of cinnamon.

Giving him a confused look. Before I could ask what he meant by that, he was already speaking.
"Your sandwich." My eyes widened with realization.

I wasn't able to thank him last night. My cheeks flushed slightly with embarrassment. "I was going to say thank you, but you left early." I whisper, looking over at the teacher.

Mrs. Cruz was just talking about something I already knew, so it wasn't that bad that I wasn't paying attention. River glanced down at me with a smirk.

When Riv went to say something else, the bell rang, and I was already out of my seat with my bag over my shoulder.

The rest of the day went by smoothly. After school, June ended up driving me to the raceway to help mom out at the shop.

I worked for a few hours before the boys showed up. Noah practically threw himself into one of the spinny chairs Mom has in her office.

My brows drew together at the sight of my older brother. He slumps into the chair. His brown eyes were bloodshot, and the smell of alcohol filled my nose.

"You let him get drunk?" I turn, snapping at River. Rivers' eyes filled with guilt, but he didn't say anything; he just looked away.

His black hair is messy, and the familiar headphone hangs around his neck.

"No, I'm just high." Noah slurred. I turn my head and glare over at River as I walk over to my brother.

Grabbing his face roughly to get a better look at him. "Ow!" He whined, trying to push me away, but he could barely even lift his arm.

"How much did you drink?" I only got a few mumbles, but I was 99% sure what Noah just said wasn't even a word.

Anytime River comes around, trouble seems to follow. "And are you drunk too?" Anger fills my tone. "You know I don't drink." His tone wasn't like it was earlier; it was dull and had no emotion behind it.

God, I don't understand him. I never have, and I don't think I ever will.

"I saw you drink last weekend." I point out. I have never seen Riv drunk or even close to drunk, but I have seen him drink before, like at parties and other hangouts like that.

"Ella, you know I wouldn't drink if your brother was this shitfaced." His voice was low and softened a bit. I know he's telling the truth, but I'm going to worry about my brother even if he's with Riv.

I watch as Riv looks up from the floor, meeting my gaze. I look into his brown eyes, refusing to be the first one to look away.

"Plus, if I were drunk, you would be a lot nicer right now." He says it with a smirk that causes his dimple to show just a bit. "Is that so?" I challenge him, taking a step towards him. "Mhm." River hums a yes as his grin grows just enough to show a bit of his straight white teeth.

I was shifting on my feet when he pushed off the door frame, closing the distance between us. "You care too much, Ella. Especially when it comes to people you care about." He stares down at me.

I scoff, pushing past him to check on my brother. While it was more like getting away from his intense stare.

An overwhelming feeling comes over me, and I can't put my finger on it. I have been alone with Riv before, but this feels different. This could be another time where I don't understand him.

Or maybe I'm overthinking everything. "And who says I care about you, River?" I look over my shoulder at him.

His dark brows raise in amusement, and he tilts his head to the side ever so slightly. "Don't act like you don't." He teased. His stupid grin never leaves his full lips.

Growing frustrated with this conversation, I quickly spin around, facing him fully. "I'm not acting, River. Not every girl is going to care about you, let alone look your way." His smirk instantly fades, and his jaw twitches.

I move back to my brother and lift him up just enough to help Noah stand. I instantly regretted it. When I go to say sorry for how I acted, he marches over to us, grabbing Noah.

"Get up." Riv grunted when Noah stumbled into him, almost letting his whole weight push up against River. "No, no, I'm not ready to go home." Noah stirs, his eyes barely even opening.

"I don't give a shit." River snapped at my older brother, causing Noah to peek his eyes open. Noah's brown hair was all over the place; it almost looked like he had just woken up from a 50-year slumber.

Seeing that it was close to closing, I decided to just close early. I'll just end up telling mom that I wasn't feeling well or something. I know she wouldn't mind.

I grab my things quickly before following River to my brother's car. Once we got closer to Noah's black BMW, I rushed to open the back door. "I didn't even do anything." Noah slurred as River helped him into the back seat of his car.

Noah slumped down in the back seat. He had stopped talking, and his breathing became steady, which told me he was already out cold.

River doesn't look at me as he opens the passenger door. I glanced at him in a bit of shock. I was slowly regretting what I said to him. Of course, I care about him. How could I not? I have grown up with him.

I have known him since I was 5. But sometimes he just gets on my nerves. Mumbling a quiet thank you before getting into the car.

I watch through the tinted window as he walks to his side, pulling the car door open. His jaw is tight as he slides into the driver's seat, starting the engine with a loud roar.

I try to think of anything other than sitting in a silent car with a pissed-off River beside me. I sat there trying to think of a way to apologize, but River is stubborn, but not as stubborn as Noah.

He is on a whole different level of stubbornness. I remember when we were little, I took one of Noahs chicken nuggets, and he refused to talk to me for the rest of the day.

Maybe that's why River and Noah are best friends. Because they're both fucking assholes.

It was about an hour until River parked his car a little ways down the street from my house. When I go to open my mouth, River is already pushing his door open, leaving me in the car.

I let out a huff before doing the same. "Noah, I don't have time for your shit." Riv grumbled as he helped Noah get out of the car.

"I just want to sleep." Noah stirred as River threw Noah's arm over his shoulder so he could be supported.

Deciding to do the same. "Let's get you to your room first, though, okay, Noah?" Noah let out a groan but nodded his head.

The cold air brushes against my skin, leaving trails of goose bumps on my skin. A shiver spread through me, but luckily I could see my house. I did not see any of the house lights on, so I was just praying that mom and dad had already gone to bed.

"Use the back door." I tell River quietly. He doesn't say anything, but he listens to me.

Once we reach the back door, I release Noah, letting him lean on River as I try my best not to make a noise when opening the sliding glass door.

I let out a small thank-you to the universe when the back door opened with ease. I turn to help River, but he is already pushing past me and heading inside.

I let out a deep exhale as I closed the door and headed to the kitchen.

No one can stand being around you.

Lately, I find myself lashing out at people. It could even be something so small. I hate it.

I don't mean to, but it just happens. It's like I have all this anger inside of me, and it doesn't seem to go away or fade.

I quickly get some cold water and some medicine for Noah when the kitchen light turns on.

Dad stood, squinting his hazel eyes in my direction and rubbing them softly. "Did you just get home?" Dad's voice is deep and raspy.

I'm looking down at the floor as I think of something to say. "Yeah, I had to finish some stuff at the raceway." I partially lie—just a bit.

Dad's tired eyes narrow at me. My heartbeat slowly increases at the thought of Dad catching on and going to find a very drunk and high Noah.

"Okay, honey, but get some rest." he says before placing a kiss on my head. "Love you." He says this with his back turned to me, and he makes his way down the hallway.

I let out a breath of relief and turned the light off before heading upstairs.

I push open Noah's door to find Noah sprawled out half way on his bed, and River tries to help get him comfortable.

I clench my teeth when River just lets Noah's shoe hit the carpet floor with a loud thud. "Are you–" I stop myself before I can make anything else worse than it already is. River glares over at me like I'm the one who let my older brother get drunk.

I wanted to yell at him, but I didn't. Instead, I placed the cold water and pills on Noah's nightstand. "I'm sorry for what I said." I look over at River, his back facing me.

I hear River let out a small huff as he turns to face me. I watch a faint mischievous grin on his full lips. I give him a slightly confused look. See what I mean?

How am I supposed to understand him? He just looked like he wanted me dead two seconds ago, and now he had a sexy smirk plastered on his lips.

My eyes widen, and I quickly turn with my back facing him when he pulls his black shirt over his head.

Hearing it hit the floor. I've seen his bare chest before, but I wasn't sure if he was planning on taking anything else off. What was I even thinking? I should just stop thinking.

But I couldn't help but want to turn around to see him shirtless. "What are you doing?" I whisper yell. "Are you nervous?" I hear him ask quietly.

Spinning around to look at him. My heart beats hard against my rib cage at the fear of Noah waking up and seeing a shirtless River and his little sister.

Or the thought of mom or dad walking in.
God, this looks bad. "I'm not nervous." I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Mhm." He hums. It is so hard to make out Rivers' features due to how dark it is.

The moonlight is barely visible because of the curtains, so all I have left is to hope my eyes will fully adjust to how dark it is.

"Well, if you're not nervous, then come here." He says, tilting his head a bit. My brows narrowed at him in shock.

"No, no, I'm not going over there." I rushed out. My eyes jump over to Noah's sleeping body, then back to his best friend.

I could barely make out the smirk that was plastered on his face. "Nervous yet?" I shake my head. Slowly, I watch him take a step closer to me.

My body straightens as I refuse to back away. "We'll see about that." His voice is low and teasing.

I take a small inhale when he steps closer to me. But then passed me. My gaze snaps over to him.

I watch his back muscles flex when he lifts, pulling out the sofa bed. It hit the floor with a thud. "I only needed your help, Ella."

I'm thankful for the room being dark because if it weren't, he would know how flushed my cheeks are.

He chuckled quietly as he shook his head. "Good night, Ella." I nod and mumble a quick good night, I rushed to my room.

Letting myself fall onto my bed and letting my mind take over. God, my day couldn't have gone any worse.

Ella is supposed to be a junior but she is a senior because of how smart she is. Just wanted to make sure now one gets confused.

How is everyone's summer?

And yes River and Ella will have many time were you might hate them but character development is in the future.

Thoughts on this chapter?

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

8.3M 123K 64
"𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐞�...
818K 16.4K 73
{𝘉𝘖𝘖𝘒 𝘛𝘞𝘖 𝘖𝘍 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘓𝘖𝘝𝘌𝘓𝘌𝘚𝘚 𝘛𝘙𝘐𝘓𝘖𝘎𝘠} The perfect picture of elegance. It's all Violet Amory's known - the foundation of the...
337K 6.4K 66
"What did he - Where did he touch you?" His voice had hardened, mad. I swallowed and looked down. "You son of a-" He walked off the porch, angrily ru...
1.8M 54K 32
Ella is falling apart trying to live a "perfect" high school life. Then she meets Ren, who can see past her scars. Suddenly perfection isn't her only...