The Knight Order

Od N7_Zorah

In the lands of Empire IsIes that's twisted by supernatural forces. Two monster slayers Elisabeth Jensen and... Více

(Special) Character glossary I
(Special) Knights of Holy Order
(Special) The Empire IsIes
(Special) Liam and Elisabeth
0 - Prologue
1 - Knights of the Holy Order
2 - Knights of the Holy Order II
4 - Nocnitsa
5 - Trees
6 - The Hook

3 - Knights of the Holy Order III

19 3 0
Od N7_Zorah

Then...

Jarl Harald shakily slurped the blood on the woman's neck after he killed a few of his people savagely from the village massacre, the thirst was getting to him... he wanted more blood, it tasted like honey and apples, it made him drink hungrily from the woman as he dug his fang into her flesh, whimpering in pain before gave her last breath of dying. He removed his fangs from her throat, caked in blood as he licks away clean from his lips. He hears footsteps on the snow coming from behind the Jarl.

"You are adapting quick than the other Daywalkers." The voice spoke in demonic tone, wearing his dark cloak and hood concealing his identity, showing nothing but orange eyes glowing in the dark.

The Jarl raises his both of his hands, seeing his skin turning pale and red veins and lesions growing thicker within his arms. "What's wrong with me? What's happening to me? I just feel so hungry."

"You are an Daywalker Jarl Harald, you were a viking but not anymore, I am your Master and you will obey me and do what exactly I say." Demacula replied in cold voice, gazing behind the Viking.

The Jarl stood up before he turned around to face seven foot tall hooded figure, gazing up to the Master. He bows in one knee and then lowers his head. "Yes Master, loyalty matters to you. I'll do everything you say."

"I need followers, do not turn them into Daywalkers. We need humans to do our work and then grant them the gift. You will lead your clan to Noveria kingdom and kill the emperor."

Jarl Harald looks up to the Master. "You want to use the humans as slaves? To do your bidding?" He asked.

His orange eyes shimmers a bit of glow, stood across from the Jarl in a quiet village that's dead. "Yes, humans can be convinced. I want loyalty, in exchange for their services like a good pet. They can have my power."

The Jarl bowed to the tall vampire. "As you wish my Master, I'll head to Noveria right away with my clan, and we will crush the Imperials." He gave a wicked smile at the Master.

The Master lifts his left arm and pulls the sleeve up to show pale and lanky arm, using his right hand with a sharp nail, cutting his wrist open. Dropping a few bits of blood. "Drink my student, and take a portion of my power."

The Jarl crawled towards the Master like a rabid dog that hasn't ate, he clinged to his arms and raised it to his mouth, digs his fangs into Master's wrist, sucks the blood from him hungrily and slurping loudly from his wrist...

Now...

The Jarl let out a inhuman roar, echoing throughout the siege, growing red bloody large wings behind his back, his dual axes is covered in blood to strengthen his blade, gazing at the Imperials that's charging towards them till he moved around in rapid speed, beams of blood flying around, slicing the Imperials form their guts, limbs and heads from the violent lines of blood, cutting them all down from using blood arts before landed on the ground, all the Imperials fell on the cobblestone ground dead.

Liam grips the silver longsword before raising it into the air, transforming the blade, splitting into sections before attaching back to its hilt and rest on his shoulder. Glaring at the Daywalker viking while he stood with Devin and now Favian that's walking up to the scene after defeating a couple of vikings. "Imperials! Stay with Elisabeth and your Marshal, we'll deal with this thing!" Liam ordered.

"HAHAHA TWO HUNTERS AND A PRAETORIAN!" Jarl Harald crackled while his eyes were glowing red from using Blood Arts. "Let's fight!" He launched himself towards the Hunters, holding his dual axes covered in blood.

Favian growled quietly, a disturbing sound considering the man's monstrous carapace armor, his greatsword like polearm, planted firmly in the ground as he observed the sight in front of them. Then with minimal movement of his head, one of the golden eyes within the helmet shifted to Devin and Liam. "Beware. This daywalker is more powerful than others... much more powerful. Champion of the Emperor, I ask you assist but let myself and Liam lead the way. This is what we live for!" The golden eye snapped back to the charging daywalker as Favian disappeared in a burst of golden light, reappearing behind the daywalker in a split sedind. The large blade of Favian already being thrust towards the jarl's back in a blur of glowing gold and blackish metal. "RIP THE WINGS FROM HIS BACK AND MAINTAIN RANGE. Slow the beast down, then we kill it!"

Liam dodged backwards from the sharp lines of blood, spray into the air but quickly disappeared in front of him, holding his cleaver-like sword on his shoulder till he swings his blade, splitting into sections while swinging across at the Daywalker, slashes both of his red wings across with his heavy metallic whip, blood sprayed out to his face after it was cut off, Liam covered his mouth with a bandana to prevent from vampire blood.

"ARRRGGH!" Jarl Harald screamed out in agony, fell straight forward onto the floor, slides for a few moment after his wings was cut off from the heavy cutter whip and stabbed by Favian. He growled angrily after he got up from the cobblestone ground as the skirmish is happening on the background from Imperials and Vikings clashing each other.

The Jarl started to levitate up in the air, moved his dual axes into a T pose as the blood from the ground also started to float up in the air, forming more lines of blood swirling all around him in speed before he let out a war shout, sending a strong pulse wave across the streets that almost cause the Hunters fell. The Jarl shoves his arm into his gut violently, grabs a handful of blood and then throws the gooey and glob of blood towards the Hunters.

As the shockwave came their way, Devin would easily throw himself into the air towards the Jarl and slashed away at the same hand that threw the glob of blood towards them stopping it from even being released from his grip. At the same time, both Devin and the severed hand would fall to the ground.
"We have faced nightmares worse than a Daywalker, Sir Favian..do not worry about me. I will keep up with you both." Without anymore words being said from the Noverian, he would raise his hand that was still imbued with the magenta flame and quickly shot a ferocious fireball aimed right at the back of the Daywalker...

Harald crouched into fours as the blood tentacles burst out of his back before he stood firmly, smacks the fireball aside with his blood tentacles, exploded nearby from the buildings while grinning maliciously, his eyes shimmers a bit of red glow. "You Hunters think your top of the world isn't it? Oh I heard of you lots, in fact. The Master told me all about your kind; the Knights of the Holy Order, an generation of trained killers." The Daywalker chuckles darkly as he walks towards them through the ruined streets. He lift his hand out, cuts his wrist with his axe blade as blood started to form around his hand before it shaped into large and red claw.

Liam grips the his cleaver-like sword and then pounced out of the way across as the blood hit onto the cobblestone ground, exploded into fiery flames. He looked at the Viking with a concern look. "This Daywalker seems more powerful than others we faced before Elisabeth's arrival." He informed, gripping his sword tightly.

As Favian noted the champion's words, he noticed the magenta flame. Pausing, stunned, only to quickly brace against the blast of blood. He'd take the hit steadfast , feet upright as he was pushed across stone tiles, ruining the floor. "Because he is Liam. I sense the influence of something darker in him, giving him a power. His master....could only be... Favian dared not say it out loud as he prepared for a counter attack of his own as his blade gleamed with golden radiance. Though some ribs of Favain wer undoubtedly hurt, he moved fast with the immense thudding of the weight of this armor he wore. Several lightning quick thrusts were sent towards the daywalker, holy light trying to burn him down slowly.

The Daywalker let out a cry after the lightning was struck against him and fell onto the floor, he snapped his head towards the Huntere, he gathers his momentum as he sprints towards them while he raised his blood talons and his bloodied axe, grinning in excitement from the pain he received. He pounces into mid air. "ARRGH!" He shouted in war cry between pained from the holy light burning him, he swings his axe and let out a horizontal beam of blood.

His eyes widened to see the line beam of blood. "SHIT- GAH!" He shouted, turns around to run but the blood exploded in impact, sends a violent wave that caused to send him flying in mid air before he landed on a imperial cavaran and then shatters the roof into pieces after he crashed onto the caravan, creating a large dust of cloud from the crash, coughing from the dust between grunting in pain from the harsh impact.

"HAHAHAHA!" The Jarl crackled, echoing throughout the skirmish. "At first I thought this was cursed but instead... it's better than wealth!" The Viking exclaimed, opened his arms wide with his axe and blood claw, powering himself with the Blood Arts. "I can take the whole Kingdom of Noveria for my new empir-" He paused when his eyes widened and spurt blood out of his mouth heavily, kneels down in pain. "The L-Light..? it's burning me.." He said shakily, feeling the burning sensation from the holy light from Favian, but suddenly something pierced to his flesh skin on his lower abdomen "GAAAHH!!" He screamed in agony as he felt more stabs on his upper back, feeling the burns even more.

Elisabeth walks forward as she passes by Liam at the cavaran wreckage, floating ice shards all around her before she sends the shards, flew into his side, piercing more into his skin that caused him to scream and then Elisabeth uses her palms, releasing a stream of water from her canteen as it turns into a water orb, growing the orb larger before she pushed the orb forward and burst into a spray of water at the Daywalker that act as holy water.

"AAAARGHHH!" Harald screamed hysterically from the acidic burns from the water he's been splashed after he fell on the ground agony, his blood arts was weakening him from both Favian and Elisabeth. "T-To H-Hel w-with you witch!" He screamed between in pain.

Liam gasps as his eyes widened from Elisabeth stood across from the Daywalker. "E-Elisabeth I thought you were supposed to be protecting the ram?" He breathed heavily, gets up groggly from the wreckage, wipes the dust away from his clothes while he makes his way towards her.

Elisabeth grimaces as she held her hand out to the Daywalker, slowly freezing Jarl Harald to his legs and all the way up to his body, glaring at him. "Marshal Valentina and i succeeded by their factory gates, but a few of them ran away to the sewers after we breached their gates..."

"And Lance? Where is he? And vikings never usually runs away from battles." Liam breathing lightly as he stopped his tracks, stood with Elisabeth, the Jarl tries to desperately break free from her ice prison but slowly stopped when he gave his last breath as he frozed shut.

"Lance is alive, found him injured by the Daywalker but he'll live. The Grandmaster needs him for questioning." Elisabeth stated, kept her gaze focus as she freezes the Jarl into a prison-like ice to hold him but struggling while she clenches her teeth.

Liam raises his eyebrow confusingly, gave a baffled look. "Questioning? That fucking guy is dangerous! We should be killing him!" He replied defensively, gestures at the struggling Jarl.

Elisabeth glances over her shoulder with a annoyed look. "Liam, don't argue with me on this, this came from the Grandmaster, if he's loyal to the Master Vampire then they need him to talk. We need to go after the runaways!" She said firmly till Favian came up in view.

"Me and the champion will handle this from here. Both you go. NOW!" Favian's quiet but bold voice had become loud and commanding, more befitting the man's large size. It was at this same time that Favian let go of his swordspear, the weapon dissipating into gold and purple ash as he began slowly striding towards Harald. Cracking his knuckles, holy fire now covering the gauntlets and fists of the legendary hunter. Indeed the air around Favian hummed with the heat and power that seemed overwhelming, especially for monsters. "Thou art of no skill Jarl. It's time for us to break you and prove how weak Demacula is." Favian spit with utter venom in his voice, not thinking of what he said or had revealed. As he slowed, waiting for the champion to join in. His cape thrashing violently as the wind around Favian begin to pick up, golden eyes glowing brighter and more... angered.

Without any sign or sight of hesitation, Favian would find himself joined by the Emperor's Champion at his left side.
"Demacula has only spawned one true Daywalker, and you Jarl...are no halfbreed." Devin came to say with folded arms and his purple cape fluttering in the wind behind him while his sword rested once again at his hip. From the slits of his helmet, one single glowing purple eye could begin to be seen while the same ominous and ancient aura returned once again-one that could possibly be recognized by even Favian..
"Demon spawn, we will cut you down, rip you apart, splay the gore of your profane form across the stars! We will smite you down until your very soul cries for mercy! My hands shall relish ending you... here and now!" Devin roared before he would coat himself in the same magenta and blue lighting before he would dash forward at speeds he hadn't used before, they were inhumane..and he was heading right for the Daywalker.

"I want him alive Champion! There is information one could rip from this form. I want it. now." Favian's had grown cruel and cold, as holy light gathered brighter now. Dashing towards Harald just as fast. As Favian became side by side once again with Devin, there was an urgent and deadly whisper. "Do not overly use the powers of Balor, there are forces beyond us watching. I cannot hide these powers from their view. We will talk later." He said to end the whisper, dismissing with the promise of elaborating later how Favian had mentioned the undoubtedly familiar name, and the forces beyond them? Whatever he meant, one thing was clear, Favian had become much mote curous.

Meanwhile...

Liam jumps down onto the cold ground within the sewer system, turning his portable lantern on to lighten the area around him, it's dark and... ominous, sound of water dripping echoing throughout the tunnels, gazing around to see any Viking runaways till he heard Elisabeth jumps down behind him and grunts lightly before she got her index finger, forms a tiny fire orb on top of her finger to use as light source.

The portable lantern started to glow blue on Elisabeth and Liams hip as the voice speak. "I was told you captured the Daywalker." The Grandmaster said spoke through the portable lantern till Elisabeth reaches her lantern on her hip while she kept her fire finger as light source.

"We did. Favian has him, he could lead us to the Master." Elisabeth answers, walking with Liam through the underground tunnels as he was taking the lead, unsheathes his cleaver-like sword from his back scabbard.

"Good, wrap this up and let the Imperials handle the remaining of Vikings, we only need the Daywalker. It's the Marshal and Praetorian's business from now on and I rather not get my Hunters in conflict with the Emperor's champion around so come back to base when you can."

Liam snorts at this. "Why? Afraid of politics Audric?" He replied sarcastically as he enters an large room, looks down from seven feet below and they had to take the ladder to climb down.

"The Emperor doesn't appreciate monster hunting group, they feel unease with Hunters like us, thinking they can handle monsters without the Hunters, monster's are growing everyday and there are only a few of us left.. This is an age where Hunters are less active and monsters are growing more."

"You think the Master is the cause of it?" Liam asked while he climbed down with Elisabeth.

"The Master is the reason why there are only few Hunters left in this world, we been after him for a long time, he has killed many Hunters and butchered their hunting groups. If this Daywalker can lead us to the Master, we can finally reach him."

Elisabeth stood firmly as he looks around the large tunnels after she climbed with Liam. "We'll come back to the cathedral after we're done here, there are vikings here that ran away from the battlefield, maybe they have information why they're helping the Daywalker." She replied, her lantern glow once more.

"Make it quick, I'll let Favian and Lance know that you two are in the underground." Audric answered, then the lantern's blue fire faded away back to its normal orange fire.

Liam looked to the left tunnel to see more darkness looming around but the tunnels in front of them splits into two ways, hesitating for a moment while he hears nothing but silence besides the loud water dripping echoing throughout the sewers. "Let's split up, maybe we'll find the runaways vikings." He suggested the idea but her eyes widened at Liam.

"Are you sure?" Elisabeth asked in concern, he nodded with determination, she looks to the right tunnel, she doesn't like the idea of splitting up in this kind of place, the creepiness of the tunnel system gets to her and not to mention how claustrophobic this place is. She looks back at Liam with a worried gaze but lets out a heavy sigh. "Let's keep in touch in our lanterns okay? Just watch out for any suprises."

"I'll be fine and watch yourself too."

Liam reaches for his shaped medium sized rifle-like, he attaches the barrel part on the stock and frame, he then opens the cylinder to reveal eight holes, he reaches for his satchel to grab a few handful of silver stakes and then loads it each of the rounds within the stake repeater before he closes the cylinder and heard a click that its ready to fire and gets up to walk through the tunnels.

Liam entered an unknown area that after exiting out of tunnel, he looks over the metal rails to see stairs that leads to a... room? Has the Vikings been stationed here for awhile? He kept his stake repeater while he walked down the steps and marches to the door, slowly opens the metal door while he aimed his stake repeater inside the room, revealing a large pool of blood of a Viking that's been ripped apart, his lower body is missing and his upper torso has guts coming out of him, bloodshot eyes and caked in blood on his mouth. It was a horrific scene... is there more Daywalkers? He looked to the room that leads to some kind of machinery room that's smoking from the steam pipes and loud mechanical noises from the machinery.

Liam entered the large machinery room and the electric lantern on the walls is being powered by the magic machinery as light source, walking through the corridor and looks to his right to see a man chewing the viking's arm like a crazed animal... Liam aimed his stake repeater at the man behind him across. "Hands up!" He ordered loudly, getting the strangers attention.

The man got stopped chewing the flesh of the arm till he slowly got up, half naked before he shifts his head over his shoulder with motionless eyes that has no remorse, flesh hanging in his mouth. He turns his body around to face Liam Auster before his hands started twitching, fingers and joints breaking as he grunts loudly in pain, bones breaking and twisting, skin and flesh being ripped apart as he growled angrily, growing taller than Liam over seven feet tall.

His eyes widened and gasped loudly in fright, looks up at the turned monster that transformed into a large beast, stumbled on the catwalk but managed to keep his posture as he fast walk backwards and aimed his stake repeater at the beast that's now marching aggressively towards Liam.

Liam shoots a few silver stakes towards the fur and tall beast that's picking up the pace, jogging towards the Hunter, the stakes pierce to his fur skin but the beast ignores the burning silver in his skin as he kept his focus on Liam before he caught up and smacks the stake repeater aside and then shoves him towards a nearby brick wall violently, caused him to cried out in pain.

The werewolf growls menacingly at the Hunter as he leans his head closer to Liam's face. "You swine..." He spoke in low tone between growling.

The werewolf let's him go before he clawed across his stomach, ripping the shirt and his skin and blood splattered across on the floor. "GAH!" He screamed but he was cut off as the werewolf grabs him and then throws him across the machinery room, falling onto the ground floor and falls on his back on top of the mechanical operating machine harshly before he falls onto the ground after he cried out on pain.

The lantern on Liam's hip started to glow blue. "Liam did you find anything on your side."

Liam grunts painly as he weakly touches his portable lantern. "Elisabeth, there's a Lycan here! An Elder Lycan!" He quickly answered through the loud mechanical pipes before he hears more howl of the Lycans throughout the machinery room, his eyes widened. "Make that a few..."

"An elder Lycan? Here? Liam stay where you are, I'm coming to help!" Elisabeth spoke through the portable lantern as Liam hid behind cover, reaching his cleaver-like sword from his back to defend himself.

Liam reaches to his guild badge, an amulet that as symbol of a holy cross, takes off his necklace and then opens the lid with a soft clink on top of the cross, the badge amulet act as a elixir drink. He carefully raised to his lips and then sips the shaped cross-like elixir, drinking silently before he winced in pain as he felt the claw mark on his stomach is slowly healing his wounds like nothing happened. The Hunters carries an guild badge around their neck with a special elixir drink that can only drink once, a old ancient remedy that was created by the Angels of Light and passed through generations.

"Liam? Liam!? Are you there? I'm going inform Favian and Lance!"

Liam gets out of cover to search for the Elder Lycan, gazing all around him through the mechanical and loud steam pipes and generator that's being powered by magic. He reaches to his portable lantern on his hip. "The Elder is gone! Do not let him reach to the surface Elisabeth! Get the Imperials out of the streets!"

"I'm already on it!" Elisabeth said loudly through the portable lantern. Liam makes his up to the upper level and then sees his stake repeater on the ground where the Lycan threw the weapon away, lowers himself to grab his repeater.

Liam held the stake repeater and then pulls down the barrel, reaches his silver stakes to load into the repeater quickly before he attaches the barrel back. But a quick sense, he heard something crawling behind him, his eyes widened as he looked at the shadow of the werewolf, he ducked his head down when the Lycan missed his claw across.

Immediately falls on his back and then aimed the repeater towards the Lycan and roared at Liam, he shoots an loud suppressed from the gas propelled repeater. The Lycan shrieks in hysterical as the stakes pierce into his chest.

The Lycan stumbles and then falls against the metal rails, howling in agony from the few silver stakes in his chest that he shot, wiggling around in hysterical, giving Liam the upper hand as he got up from the floor, reaches to his cleaver-like sword, unsheathes with a loud hiss before he slams the blade on his chest as the blood came out of him. The Lycan let out a pained and blood curdling howl, grips the cleaver-like blade to pull out but Liam grunted and pressed the blade further to kill him.

"AARGH!" Liam roared, rips out of the sword before he swings violently across his head, severed the Lycan's head as blood spewed out of him and then falls onto the floor, Liam panted rapidly while he held his bloody sword, dripping a few drops on the floor, slowly backs away from the dead Lycan.

"Liam!! Help!"

He shifts his head at the door with eyes widened. "Elisabeth! I'm coming!" He shouted, ran through the corridor to exit out of the machinery room.

"The Elder and his Lycans are getting away! They're going to the surface!" Elisabeth informed through the portable lantern, he hears fire being summoned by Elisabeth, scorching a few beasts loudly on the background while Liam sprints through the large tunnel.

"Damn it, these things can't escape! I'm on my way!" Liam clenches his teeth, picking up the speed to run faster through the tunnels to get to Elisabeth's location, he hears more scorching fire on the background, including the Lycan's howl and roar, echoing throughout the tunnels. He puts his sword away before he reaches his stake repeater, pulls down the barrel to load more silver stakes while he ran.

Meanwhile as Elisabeth threw a large fireball towards the group of Lycans, they all shrieked from the flaming fire, backing away from the flames before she fires a volley of ice shards from her hands, rapidly shoots through the Lycans as they pierce though their skin. She forms an ice staff with two blades on both sides, she rushes towards the Lycans and slashes each one of the wolfs with his blade staff and then she got her hand out, cast a horizontal-widened ice arc at them, cutting the Lycans in half through their limbs and torso.

As Liam arrived at the scene, he aimed his repeater and then fires a single silver stake at the Lycan and then fires at it again, he howls in agony as it fell down. He looks ahead to see the Elder climbing up to exit out of the sewer. "Elisabeth get rid of the fire! I need to go after him!" He shouted, firing his repeater towards the Elder Lycan that's climbing up the manhole.

"Right!" Elisabeth didn't waste time as she inhales heavily, gathering much air before she arched forward and blows a cold air through her lips, covering the area with large cloud of cold and freezing mist, putting out of the flames from the ground and Lycans that she scorched. Elisabeth steps out of the thick and ice mist as she was holding a ice bow and ice arrows floating in air around her, draws the ice bowstring back, aiming at the two Lycans that's climbing up, she then releases the ice arrow, flew aggressively towards the Elder Lycan before it pierce into his left side of his abdomen. The Elder let out a pained roar, almost dropped but he catches himself in time before he jumped upwards through the exit hole.

"Shit! They're getting away!"

The carriage horses stops in their tracks in the middle of streets, the carriage had a bunch of crosses and holy relics, the door opened to reveal the Grandmaster of the Order. Knight Audric folds his arms behind his back to walk towards the battlefield that the Imperials won and he gazes at the two Hunters across where the Daywalker is, captured and sealed. "Favian.. good to see you." The Grandmaster answers, walking up to them and then stops, he shifts his head at the new Hunter; Lance Sinclair. "Lance, your wife was worrying about you. Good thing Elisabeth and the others found out you were okay."

The man in black clad heavy armor nodded to Audric his armor was more battle worn than ever from his long mission.
"Yes she was, I couldn't pry her off my chest this morning, Its going to take more than a viking horde to put me down." Lance responded with a laugh, He survived the battle with only minor injuries but he was overall fine and ready for another battle from the looks of it.

"Knight Audric, this is Imperials affairs now." The Imperial officer walked up to the Grandmaster but he held his hand out to the Imperial.

"Give us a moment please, I need to talk to my Hunters." The Grandmaster answers with monotone.

The imperial officer looked at the Knights before he gave a slight sigh. "Okay, but you have a few minutes. The Imperial Watch wants all Hunters to clear out by the Marshal since your job is done." He said, and then turns around to walk away.

Favian just glared at the imperials briefly before sighing and returning his gaze to Audric. His voice sounded tired, and saddened, more than annoyed. "I can't fathom why these imps think they can handle these monsters by themselves. They're gonna lose more men than they can count master." As Favian finished speaking he suddenly stood up from leaning on the daywalker and jabbed a thumb at it. "Alas, there's definitely some of Demacula's influence in this bastard. More than previous cases or incidents."

"I am aware of this." Audric answers firmly, but looks at Favian after what he said. "The Imperials are the least of our problems, they won't listen for a reason but we have to respect their wishes." He gestures at his knights to retrieve the Daywalker for interrogation. He passes by Lance and Favian, he gestures the Hunters to follow in secrecy. "We have large concerns, the Jarl was merely a recruiter, he's taking orders from someone else."

Favian would pat lance on the back at his comment. "I'd hope so. Without you I would be missing out on a hunting partner who could actually keep up." Although he would turn his head to grandmaster Audric, tilting his head to the side in confusion. His voice husky and low as he followed to the privacy. Favian seemed interested now, more focused as his golden eyes narrowed. "Is it Demacula, or something or someone else?"

"We cannot leave the slums, this may be a victory for the Imperials but I do not want them to get involved our hunting, Liam and Elisabeth have found a wolves den of Lycans. The Jarl was sent by a Elder Lycan." Audric answered, walking to a quiet area. "Two Lycans has got out after Liam and Elisabeth exterminate their den, we may have an Lycantropy outbreak if they're not stopped."

"Incarnia felt a strange presence but she did not have a pinpoint Idea of it." Lance mentioned the Devil that he was in a pact with the source of the Dread Knights power.
"Are me and Favian to hunt down the location of this Elder?"

"Me and Lance should be more than capable though..." Favian trailed off, shaking his head suddenly. His voice agitated and confused as he tried to make sense of everything "It doesn't make sense, an elder lycan leading a daywalker. That's, it's unheard of. These creatures hate each other. Perhaps me and Lance could figure out more. With both of us on the hunt I doubt anything stands a chance, we're your best hunters afterall." He'd say with a respectful nod towards Lance. He'd been on several hunts with the man and had grown to like him, he could keep up wirh Favian in terms of prowess, which made hunting easier when there were two adept blades whittling down a beast versus just one.

Audric stopped in his tracks to face them while he processes from Lance and Favian. "That is right, I need experienced Hunters to deal with this kind of situation, it doesn't add up that these things are sworn enemies..." Audric let out a heavy sigh behind his visor. "But no harm to Elisabeth and Liam, they're young and inexperienced, Elisabeth is a good sorceress but not fully there, Liam on the other hand, he's too reckless and brash."

"And what will the two of us do?" Lance asked crossing his arms wondering why Audric insisted on sending out a pair of inexperienced hunters.
"Those two seem better off learning from one of the two of us for a while."

Audric gave a grimace look. "Not my call, Liam Auster has been in the order for a few months and Elisabeth just recently joined. Normally as a Grandmaster I would've sent them to trainers but the Archbishop has spoken, he insisted that Elisabeth and Liam has potential, that the two may succeed helping the Order. The Archbishop has faith." He explained with monotone. "You will go assist Liam and Elisabeth of their Lycan hunt, two of them are out in the streets of slums, I'll stay here and keep the Imperials out of the way."

Favian looked to Lance, and though his face was covered by a helmet, it was obvious he was confused. "Potential I can see, but it takes time for potential to shine. I don't know if I can temper the recklessness of Liam while actively hunting an elder lycan." The tall hunter said calmly, still confused about the entire situation. After a pause, and a heavy sigh, he'd turn to Lance after Audric's words. "We'll use a mixture of my divine sense ability, and Incarnia's senses to track this elder lycan, and I'll bring notes on the monsters we can expect to face so Liam and Elizabeth can prepare." The paladin crossed his arms, lightly shaking his head. Hating the idea, but recognizing it may be their only choice, and best option now.

Elisabeth flew up upward while she held both her hands down to maintain her flight, releasing fiery flames on her palm as she floats still, gazing all around the buildings till she saw two Lycans sprinting through the alleyway. Her eyes widened while floating up in the air with her flame thrusters. "I see them! They're trying to leave the Slums!" She exclaimed through her portable lantern on her hip.

The Noverian guards are patrolling the streets to search for any vikings remnants after the skirmish but the Imperial guards stopped their tracks when they saw trash and debris flew out of the alleyway after the two Lycans exited out, gasped and shout in horror when they saw the two large wolfs running across the streets. The peasants were being escorted by the Imperials but they were frightened of what they saw.

"Lycans! Run!"

"By the gods!"

Liam stumbles out of the alley before he gains his posture while he held his stake repeater on his right hand and then he pointed his repeater at the Elder Lycan and the second Lycan. "Get out of here! The streets are not safe!" He shouted, firing a couple of silver stakes at the running Lycans but misses due to how fast they are, he sprints across the streets to give chase.

Elisabeth lifts her right hand while she uses her left hand to keep her float in the air of her flame thruster up, she forms a large ice javelin on her hand as ice smoke came out of the spear. She let out a shout, throws the javelin towards the running Lycans.

The second Lycan ran with the Elder Lycan before the ice spear flew to his direction and pierce into his side, let out a pained yelp as he fell and then slides violently before crashed into a wall. The Elder Lycan stopped and glances over his shoulder, sees his Lycan dead on the ground. He let out a angry roar at the scene, he raises his head up at the sorceress floating with her flames.

Liam made his way and then sees the Elder standing while gazing at the floating sorceress, he lifts his stake repeater, aiming at the Lycan. But the Elder ran out of sights as he shot a silver stake, but grazed his fur skin, the wolf grunts in pain as he jumps to the building wall, crawling up the building to go after the sorceress. "Elisabeth watch out!" He cried out in panic.

Elisabeth looks at the Elder Lycan after he climbed up onto building roof and then looks at the sorceress before he launched himself towards her, she quickly held her index finger, forms a blue glow and transform a line of wall to stop the Lycan but her eyes widened as the Elder Lycan breaks the ice wall, shattering to pieces and swing his claw at Elisabeth, slashes her chest and stomach of her clothes as blood came out of her. "AAH!" She screamed in pain.

"Elisabeth!"

She fell on the roof on impact, cried out in pain from the gash she received, covered in blood from her injuries and she shakily reaches her guild badge to sip her healing drink but a large hand grabbed her wrist harshly, preventing her to drink.

"You think you can heal yourself with that ancient remedy of yours witch?" The Elder Lycan pulls up from the ground to face the sorceress.

Elisabeth grunts weakly in pain as she glares at the werewolf. "Y-You can talk..?"

His dark grey fur started to crook up with spikes-like, sparks igniting on his back and surging with electricity as the werewolf formed a maliciously grin. "You witches think you have powers? So do i!" He yelled, grips her wrist tightly, electrocutes Elisabeth, feeling thousands of volts going through her system, causing her to scream in agony.

An large heavy whip flew across towards the large werewolf as he's electrocuting Elisabeth to death, slashing on his back violently, blood sprayed from his back as his eyes went wide and let out a pained howl, dropped Elisabeth on the ground and snaps his head towards to see Liam retracts his whips back to his blade and then rests on his shoulder.

"Oh you are a sick puppy, you Hunters are no better than the monsters we are." The Elder Lycan grinned widely while his fur back igniting more electricity on his back and his eyes glowed red.

"ARRGH!" Liam let out a war cry as the blades of his sword splint into sections, the heavy whip flew towards the Elder Lycan once more but the werewolf catches the whip with his hand like it was nothing. "What the- GAH!" Liam felt himself being pulled violently towards the Lycan.

The Elder Lycan grabbed his throat after he pulled towards him, dropped his hybrid sword as he felt the Lycan's hand wrapped around his throat harshly. "If isn't Liam Auster, I heard things about you and your family lineage of vampire hunters..." He chuckles darkly while his back fur surge with electricity. "You Hunters have more blood in your hands, such a noble cause but except your all killers."

Liam grunts painly, looks down on Elisabeth, laying on the ground injured, she gazes at the two weakly. He looks back at the Elder. "W-What do you want.."

"What I want? You're only young, just like this witch. I'll give you mercy as a one time deal, learn your place Auster. Do not interfere Demacula's plans or you will die."

Elisabeth weakly looks up the two. "The Daywalker?" She whispers, trying her best to ignore her injuries.

He drops Liam on the ground harshly, cried out in pain and then looks to Elisabeth. "Take this as a warning you Hunters." The Elder Lycan growls menacingly before he turns around and then jumps off the roof, leaving them as he disappears into the streets below.

Liam grunts in painful frustration as he groggly gets up unharmed, coughed slightly before he walks to Elisabeth, reaching the guild badge on the floor that she dropped. "Easy, take a sip." He helps Elisabeth as she whimpers in pain, sitting up before she took quick gulp from the remedy, she feels her wounds are healing slowly.

She relaxed her back against the wall as she crutches her bare stomach from the ripped corset that the Elder Lycan clawed her to near death. "The Grandmaster is going to be furious.." She gasped lightly, feeling a bit better that her wounds was regenerating from the drink.

Liam nods his head slightly, frowning. "Yeah I know, we need to go after it-"

Elisabeth blurted. "No, we used up our drinks Liam. He almost killed us both, just leave it to Favian and Lance." She commented.

"Are you serious? We can't just let him get away!" Liam insisted.

Liam and Elisabeth's portable lantern ignites a blue glow, notifying the voice on the other end is being spoken. "You are done Liam Auster, I heard exactly what happened on the communicator, the Elder Lycan is beyond you. Let Favian and Lance handle this to find the Elder." The Grandmaster spoke in commanding voice.

Liam grasped to his portable lantern on his hip. "Grandmaster, i had him on my sights! I can go after him, me and Elisabeth are fine!"

"Are you listening to me boy? You and Elisabeth unknowingly took on a wolves den, the Elder escaped, he almost killed you both and you on the other hand Liam almost cause a chaos from the Imperial patrol! What if the Elder killed them? Or worse! Bite them to turn into more Lycans! Return to base or you'll answer to me Liam Auster! Is that understood Hunter!"

Liam went silent, stood in his tracks, she can see through him that he's trying hard to refuse and wanted to find the Elder, she grasps her lantern by her hip. "I-I speak for him Grandmaster, he understands, it's our fault. We were not prepared for Lycan ambush, don't punish Liam for it, he was trying to protect me and the Imperials." She said defensively.

The lantern goes quiet for a moment till it glowed. "Favian will escort you both back to the base, him and Lance will handle to find the Elder."

"Grandmaster Audric-"

"I'm not asking Liam, you're too brash, I do not care what the Archbishop says about you or Elisabeth. You two need more training, now return to base. This meeting is over."

End of chapter....

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

495 15 8
"Wouldn't you kill her first if you had the chance?" "The Slayer only kills Monsters. If she kills me, then that means I'm a monster." There are mon...
623K 42.4K 54
[COMPLETED]✔ The Blood Magic Series |Book 8| 2017 Fiction Award Winner for Best Series ⁃⁃⁃❖⁃⁃⁃ Eris paid the ultimate price. Her unconditional love...
442 1 24
"I expect nothing more than unbridled hostility and misguided aggression from you, my little hellion," Sinjin said with a hearty chuckle. Abandoned o...
11.3K 1.1K 63
ONC 2023 Shortlist Astrid, the Princess of Eurovea, a country existing several centuries in the future, had led a happy and sheltered life in the ca...