From Trainer to Beast Tamer P...

By SnowflakeDragon18

As if the Pokémon world wasn't strange enough, Hoenn Champion (Y/N) finds herself transported to the magical... More

Keys and Pokemon List
Chapter 1: Welcome to Twisted Wonderland
Chapter 2: the Haunted Dorm
Chapter 3: Don't Anger Dark Types
Chapter 4: Idiot Wrangling
Chapter 5: Idiot Training
Chapter 6: First Day
Chapter 7: Senior Encounters
Chapter 8: Tart Making
Chapter 9: An Unmerry Unbirthday Party
Chapter 10: You Choose
Shenanigans 1
Shenanigans 2
Shenanigans 3
Special Event: Scary Monsters, A Screaming Halloween Show
Chapter 11: Magift
Chapter 12: The Investigation Begins
Chapter 13: Confronting a Hyena and a Wolf
Chapter 14: Life's Not Fair
Shenanigans 4
Shenanigans 5
Shenanigans 6
Special Event: Ghost Groom
Chapter 15: Deal with the Devil
Chapter 16: It's A Deal
Chapter 17: Kicked Out
Chapter 18: A Wrench in the Plan
Chapter 19: Plan B
Chapter 20: Mission Accomplished?
Chapter 21: Let Go
Shenanigans 7
Shenanigans 8
Shenanigans 9
Special Event: Camp Vargas
Chapter 22: Winter Break
Chapter 23: Kalim and Unexplainable Moodswings
Chapter 24: Suspicion
Chapter 25: Fighting Cunning with Cunning
Chapter 26: Repressed Anger
Shenanigans 10
Shenanigans 11
Shenanigans 12
Special Event: Fairy Gala
Chapter 27: VDC
Chapter 28: Auditions
Chapter 29: Boot Camp
Chapter 30: The Line is Crossed
Chapter 31: Cultural Festival
Chapter 32: A Bit of a Setback
Chapter 33: A Step too Far
Chapter 34: An Unexpected End
Shenanigans 13
Shenanigans 14
Shenanigans 15
Special Event: Fireworks Festival
Chapter 35: Invasion
Chapter 36: Time to be Reckless
Chapter 37: Tailing the Kidnappers
Chapter 38: Never Trigger the Secret Boss Early
Chapter 39: All Fun and Games...
Chapter 40:...Till People Get Hurt
Chapter 41: Sleep Kiss
Chapter 42: Descent
Chapter 43: Titans
Chapter 44: Into the Fire
Chapter 45: Earth Titan Part 2
Chapter 46: Ice Titan Part 2
Chapter 47: Magma Titan Part 2
Chapter 49: A New Beginning
Shenanigans 16
Shenanigans 17
Shenanigans 18
Special Event: Glorious Masquerade
Chapter 50: A Storm Brewing
Christmas Special
Chapter 51: Blackout
Lost In Briar Valley AU Pt 1
Lost in Briar Valley AU Pt 2
Lost in Briar Valley AU Pt 3
Lost in Briar Valley Pt 4

Chapter 48: Battle for the Underworld

2.9K 149 17
By SnowflakeDragon18

I own nothing.
Chapter 48: Final Descent

Team Vil
After finally making their way down the seemingly endless pit, the group finally seemed to be in proximity to their goal. As the Pokémon carried them through the last threshold before the bottom, (Y/N) had to cover her mouth as a wave of thick malice slapped her in the face.
"Wh-what is this!?" Vil struggled to say.
The female grit her teeth. "The miasma's getting thicker. That's a huge amount of black crystallization we're about to charge into."
Vil nodded. "It shouldn't be this bad though. Did those two open the gate to the Underworld?" "Vil." Rook called out. "The transceiver's ringing."
The hunter handed the device to his dorm leader who immediately opened the communication line, the other two teams joining in.
"This is Tower 1, Vil speaking. Over."
"It's Leona from Tower 2, hey."
"Riddle Rosehearts from Tower 3, over."
"We finally got through!" One of the researchers exclaimed from the other end. "This is the Control Room."
"What in the world is happening?" Vil asked. "Over."
"The Gate is opening. The miasma is only going to get worse. Venturing further is going to be extremely dangerous. Fall back this instant!"
"Retreat, you say." Vil pondered. "We've climbed down a countless set of stairs for hours on end. Are you telling us to climb back up?!"
The researcher ignored his question. "Some of our engineers managed to free a few Chariots from Ortho's control. We're sending three of them your way. Climb aboard!"
Leona chuckled. "Hah, you ain't the best group of geeks in the world for nothin', huh."
"Hmph, I'll take that as a compliment. In order to keep the Underworld at bay, our staff members are manually closing the emergency hatches from the 6th to the 1st levels. We'll be closing them completely as soon as you're out of there! Prepare to move!"
As the line went dead, (Y/N) crossed her arms.
"I don't think falling back is a good idea. The miasma's just going to keep spreading. What if it breaks through the seals?"
"While I agree, Madame Dompteur de Bêtes, it cannot be understated how much energy we've expended during our descent." Rook pointed. "Regrouping and resting might be our best strategic move."
"Look!" Epel shouted. "There's the Chariot!"
"Hurry and climb aboard!" Vil ordered.
(Y/N) quickly returned her Pokémon back to their balls and followed the boys on to the contraption. As they began to fly towards the nearest exit, the area around them shook as loud groaning rose from the pit.
"What in the world...?" Riddle's voice sputtered.
Vil pulled out the communicator. "What's wrong, Riddle?
"Please look below! Something's coming out of the gate!"
Looking over, Riddle was indeed right as a shadow form seemed to claw their way out of the pit.
"Something's climbing out from the Underworld!" Rook shouted
"Is that a Phantom?" Vil asked.
"No...! It's..."
(Y/N) blinked in shock. "IDIA!?"
Ironically enough, though not surprisingly, the Ignihyde dorm leader had Overblotted. His form was armored in similar gear as that of the Ferrymen's, though his eyes were exposed as his mouth covered by a monitor displaying a feral, fanged grin. A blue flame flickered in his eye, matching his flaming hair that pointed straight up.
"Bingo! It's me!" The crazed male greeted.
"What happened to you!?" Vil shouted.
"Pretty sick, right? I feel so freakin' good! I didn't know that going into Overblot would feel so exhilarating! Now I'm part of "Problem Children" gacha gang! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
"He's lost it." (Y/N) said as a wave of negative energy crashed into them.
Rook seemed to chock on the air. "The miasma is starting to get worse! What an overwhelming presence!"
"Yeah, it did make me feel a bit queasy." Idia said mockingly. "But, once I went into Overblot, all these debuffs turned into buffs. In other words, I'm like, super amped up on ATK right now. You have no chance of winning! My condolences! Shall we begin? Game Set Match... Gate to Underworld."
The gate below seemed to scream as the door crept wider. Rotom jumped out of the bag, sparking threateningly .
"His Unique Magic is opening the gate!?" (Y/N) yelled as a clawed hand pulled a giant form out of the Underworld. It was a giant, and like the previous dream, it looked remarkably similar to the King of the Underworld, albeit with a cracked bottle for a head. Crystallized shards of blot were also fused to the beast. A familiar voice came from the monster.
"Hello, friends. I'm back!"
Epel gapped like a fish out of water. Wha... What is that!?"
Vil gritted his teeth. "It's connected to the blot flowing from Idia. It must be his Phantom. But why would he announce that he's back? That voice sounds familiar."
"You don't recognize me?" The incarnation asked. "It's me, Ortho!"
"Come again!?"
"Ortho, what did you do to yourself!?" (Y/N) shouted.
"I've grown so big, haven't I?" He said proudly. "All my friends in the Underworld helped raise me, you know? The curse flowing in me turned out to be the blessing I needed to get stronger. I absorbed and burned away all the blot in the Underworld for a long time until...Well, I've become the very embodiment of the Underworld!"
The voices of Phantoms filled the room in agreement.
"Ah... I am finally free..."
"Warm... So warm..."
"It took so long... but our time... has finally come..."
"Has he morphed with all those Phantoms to achieve his current form!?" Rook deduced as Vil clenched his fists.
"Unbelievable! That sinister-looking Phantom is actually Ortho?"
"W-wait..." Epel interrupted. "Look at that figure by Ortho-kun's shoulder!"
Looking down, (Y/N) spotted a small, familiar form crawling up the incarnation. It was Grim, but his eyes had the same rage filled expression as the night he had attacked her.
"... Stone... Black stone......" He murmured.
"Grim!" She shouted, trying to snap him out of it.
Rook placed an arm in front of her to keep her from jumping. "How could this be? Did he lose his way in the Underworld and ended up sticking to Ortho-kun?!"
Epel looked like he wanted to dive after the cat as well. "We need to pry him off, but how exactly do we do that!?"
"There's only one way." Vil said. "We need to stop those two if we want to retrieve Grim and if we want to go back to our old lives!"
The Phantoms screamed as they began to surge out of the gate.
Leona clicked his tongue. "Tch! There are more Phantoms sneaking out of the gate!"
The researcher rejoined the conversation "This is bad. Most of the staff that left to close the emergency hatches are civilians. They won't survive if the Phantoms get to them!"
All around them, they heard the shrieks of the researchers as the Phantoms began swarming them.
"We have to do something!" (Y/N) shouted. "They're gonna get slaughtered!"
"Vil-senpai, Leona-senpai, please head down and save them!" Riddle said. "Azul and I will hold the fort to buy you some time!"
Vil sighed. "We have no other choice. Leona, head to the 6th level! We'll head to the 1st level!"
"Give me a break, geez." The lion man groaned. "These stupid small fry will pay for wasting my time!"
"Quit moaning, Kitty!" (Y/N) said. "Riddle, Azul, hold them off as long as you can. We'll come back once we're done!"

Team Riddle
"Really!" Azul groaned as they climbed into the Chariot. "You just had to volunteer for the most dangerous task! The Lightning Spear is nowhere near powerful enough!"
Riddle rolled his eyes. "Hm, you complain, but I'm sure that you're aware that this is the best option we have."
"Yes, I am! Our upperclassmen can easily cover for our mistakes, if ever!"
"Well said. All right, you pilot, I'll snipe. Get on the Chariot!"
The merman blinked. "Wait a moment... Are you telling me to drive!?"
"What else? I don't have a driver's license. Are you worried because this is private property...?"
"I don't have a license either!" Azul shouted. "I've barely managed to master my broom, too! I cannot pilot a device I've never seen before. There's recklessness and then there's whatever this is!"
"It's all right!" Another operator assured him. "Unlike a broom, all you need to do is turn the handle to wherever you're headed, and the Chariot will balance itself. It won't fall unless there's a great disturbance. It's just like riding a magical wheel! Go on!"
"I. Am. A. Mermaid! I haven't even ridden a magical wheel, and now you expect me to drive this!?"
"Ugh." Riddle groaned. "If I'd have known this would happen, I would have taken the magical device licensure exam."
"Hello?! We've got bigger problems to deal with!" Azul pointed out. "Like what do we do about Gyarados?"
The sea serpent growled before jumping off the ledge and somehow floating above the abyss.
Azul blinked. "...you could fly this whole time?"
Rather than answer with some sort of defense, Gyarados instead growled as the loud thumping of Ortho climbing approached them.
"Ortho's climbing up the walls!" Riddle shouted. "We don't have much time!"
With no choice and the incarnation fast approaching, Azul took the wheel. "Ah, god...! Don't blame me for whatever goes wrong! Riddle-san, make sure you hold on tight! Dragapult, Gyarados, please don't let us plummet if this goes awry!"
The Pokémon grunted before diving at Ortho. The incarnation swatted at them, only for them to dart out of the way and blast him with a Hydro Pump and Dragon Darts combo.
Idia chuckled as the students joined them. "Fuhi~ First round goes to the DPS and healer duo. Come, Ortho. Let's have some fun! Time to show you how serious we are."
"Get ready for the beating of a lifetime!" Ortho said a bit too gleefully.
Utterly pissed off, Gyarados roared and charged. Ortho blasted fire at him, but his stubbornness paired with his fire resistance allowed him to dive through it and wrap his body around Ortho's arm, pelting him with Aqua Tails to the head.
"Hey! Get off!" Ortho yelled, trying to dislodge the Atrocious Pokémon.
"I guess fire wouldn't work on water." Idia noted before blasting Gyarados in the head.
The sea serpent roared in pain as Ortho managed to shake him off. Before Idia could jeer in victory, he got smacked in the back by a Dragon Tail from Dragapult, who immediately pulled back before he could counter. The Shroud boy glared at the dragon.
"Right, of course. Azul's more of a bulky healer, so it would make more sense to utilize speedy glass canons like you and Riddle."
"EXCUSE ME!?" Azul shouted, misunderstanding what Idia had said.
Idia just pulled out a double Flora spell, holding it in both his hands as it charged up power.
"Still, that just means a few good hits should bring you down."
Dragapult glared as the two began a deadly dance, waiting for either Idia to sustain too much damage or land a devastating blow on the Psuedo. With the Shrouds distracted, Riddle readied the spear.
"We'll stop Ortho with the Thunder Spear!
"It's not charged enough!" Azul warned as the AI voice also seemed to agree.
"Energy Levels: 30%. Powerful attacks are not guaranteed."
"Very well." Riddle said. "Let's channel our energy to make up for it!"
"That's too reckless!"
"The manual never said that we can't power it with our own magic! Let's go!"
"All right! I'm ready, Riddle-san!"
As the spear's powerful aura filled the room, the boys screamed as they felt their energy beginning to drain. The Pokémon kept the attention away from Azul and Riddle, but eventually, Idia noticed them charging the attack. Before he could shout for his brother to interrupt, Dragapult smacked him across the face with a Dragon Tail. As Idia was left reeling and Ortho was once again tangled up by Gyarados, Dragapult zipped up and poured his power into the spear as well with a Thunderbolt. Now with a sufficient amount of energy, the spear fired, Gyarados barely managing to get out of the line of fire as Ortho was struck. With a scream of pain, he plummeted.
"ORTHO!" Idia screamed, his flames turning red. "Damn you! How dare you insects hurt Ortho!"
Azul let out a sigh of relief.
"We did it! It's a direct hit!"
As Dragapult tiredly landed against the Chariot, Riddle huffed to catch his breath. "Hah... Hah... That should give the others enough time to..."
"Yes. Ah...!" Azul's mouth gaped as he saw Riddle, who's hair was now stark white. "Riddle-san, your hair...!
"Huh...? What was that... about my hair...?"
Riddle fainted mid-sentence, falling off the Chariot. Fortunately, Gyarados caught him, placing him back on the machine, before barely managing to get to a ledge to pass out on.
"Please hang in there, Riddle-san!" Azul shouted as he called back the sea serpent to his ball.
Idia chuckled. "Ah-ah-ah~ That's what living humans get for getting too close to Ortho, the Underworld."
"What...!?"
"Living people must never pass through that Gate. You're smart enough to know what I'm getting at, aren't you?"
"It can't be...!" Azul snatched the communicator from Riddle. "Leona-san, Vil-san, this is Azul! It's dangerous to get too close to Ortho-san. No, to the Underworld! Riddle-san's hair has turned white, and he and Gyarados have lost consciousness."
"What!?" Vil shouted. "Explain yourself, Azul."
"Our life forces will get drained the closer we get to them! We've channeled our magic to the spear, and we've accumulated too much blot. Dragapult doesn't seem as affected, likely due to his ghost-typing, but he's also tired. We'll have to withdraw here. I'm sorry, but please take care of the rest!"

Team Leona
Leona turned to Jamil as Tyranitar crushed the last stray Phantom. "Didja hear that?"
Jamil nodded. "Yes, I think that Riddle passed out because he channeled too much energy into the spear, but..."
"Hah, should've known that our conniving octopus would save some energy even when dealing the final blow. But, he made the right choice this time. If he used up all his energy, both he and that red tyrant would've fallen down into the Underworld."
"This is Azul we're talking about." The Scarabia vice dorm leader pointed out. "He must have predicted that Riddle would use an overwhelming amount of power. Riddle is the best in our grade, and he's been known to be unstoppable and explosive once his gears have started turning."
"That's true." The beastman said hesitantly. "They've bought us enough time for me to turn these weaklings into sand. We can focus on taking this big guy down without worry."
"We've sent the rest of the staff out through the hatch, too, but should we have abandoned the area?"
"If they kept their pace, they wouldn't have managed to close the hatch before Idia got to them. If our only goal is to not let these two leave Tartarus, then it doesn't matter what level or floor we hold them back on. I can't use my King's Roar if we had civilians running around."
Silvally suddenly began growling and Jamil nearly had a heart attack when he saw what had Synthetic Pokémon on edge.
"Ortho's climbing up the walls again. He'll keep draining our life force the more we prolong the fight. We must have an escape plan, just in case."
"Hah!" Leona laughed. "Being extremely cautious is exactly why you're stuck as a jack-of-all-trades. Lions hunt their prey without resting. I'll turn their dreams into sand."
Jamil clenched his fists before nodding. "Yes! Tyranitar, Silvally, keep them at bay as long as you can!"
"Tar!"
"Vally!"
Idia hummed as the next group readied themselves.
"Hm. We're up against the tank and the sub-DPS next. They won't last long with our ATK UP every turn! Fuhihi! Ortho, it's go big or go home."
"Yup! I'm ready to send them blasting off!"
In response, Tyranitar slammed her foot down, shaking the wall as she tried to make Ortho lose his grip."
Idia gritted his teeth. "You may be bulky, but let's see if you can handle magic!"
Idia shot a blast of Flora magic at Tyranitar, only for Silvally to jump in front of her and burn it away with a Flamethrower. As the Pokémon distracted the brothers, Jamil and Leona loaded onto the Chariot. While they took shots where they could, it was obviously not doing much to impede the Shrouds.
Leona clicked his tongue. "We'll have to use the spear, too! Hey, lend me some energy! Channel your magic to the spear!"
"Understood! Here I go!"
Jamil and Leona poured their remaining strength into the spear as Ortho got closer to where Tyranitar was. Idia was growing more and more infuriated with Silvally who refused to give an inch. Realizing the spear still didn't have a sufficient amount of power, Leona whistled.
"Oi! Silvally! Give us a hand here!"
Nodding, Silvally charged the ledge. Tyranitar fired off a Rock Slide, and as the stones pelted Ortho, Silvally jumped off them like platforms, eventually reaching Idia. With a mighty leap, he kicked off the Overblotted male's head and landed right on the Chariot. With a howl, he poured his power into the spear. With a blast, Ortho was sent falling once more.
"ORTHO!" Idia yelled. "YOU SCUM! That's two strikes already! Unforgivable!"
Leona huffed as the older Shroud retreated. "Tch! That was still shallow."
Jamil was huffing for breath. "Hah... Hah... That blow should have held them back a bit..." "We're accumulating blot differently this time." Leona said, noting how exhausted Jamil and Silvally were. I don't know if it's because of the Underworld miasma or if it's from the blot that's spreading around us." Leona pulled out the communicator. "Hey, we're withdrawing here. Vil! Oh, and the geek squad. Do you hear me?"
"Oh, indeed." Vil mocked. "It seems like your bark was worse than your bite this time."
"Hah, keep talkin'. If I took all the time in the spotlight, a certain show-off that I know won't let me hear the end of it."
"My, my. Thanks for your concern."
"Finished retouching yet?"
"Retouching my lipstick would've been good enough, but thanks to you, my hair looks perfect as well. We're ready to deliver the finale. Head backstage and wait for the curtain call now, will you?"
"Gotcha." Leona nodded, returning Tyranitar to her Pokeball. "All right, that's all from your opening act. Get the Chariot ready, Jamil."
"Already on it." He said, half groaning. "Please hold on tight!"
As Leona and Jamil pulled out, Idia flew back to his brother.
"Ortho... Ortho! Are you all right?"
"Big Brother..." Ortho said softly. "Y-yeah, I'm fine. I still feel a little tingly, so I can't move that well."
"The Thunder Spear..." Idia growled. "All this time, I thought it was just decoration, so that really took me by surprise."
"S.T.Y.X. arms I can control just fine, but something that ancient is beyond me, I'm sorry. The spear surpassed my calculations. They even managed to reinforce it by channeling their own magical energy. And it doesn't help that we don't have a lot of data on the monsters from (Y/N)'s world."
"Tch... This is exactly why I hate hot-headed players!"
"All we have to do is counter them with power. It's okay. My body is super tanky, so it'll hold. Plus, I feel invincible with you by my side, Big Brother."
"We're almost there... Can you hold on a bit longer?"
"Yup! My friends can still fight."
The Phantoms groaned in agreement.
"Out... soon... freedom..."
"Finally... happy... so happy..."
Grim was growling and snarling from Ortho's shoulder. "... Stone..."
"Let's go, Ortho."
"Yes, Big Brother."

Team Vil
"He's starting to climb back up!" (Y/N) warned.
"The Thunder Spear is 80% charged!" The researcher informed them. "We tried rerouting all the energy toward it, but we couldn't get it to 100%!"
"80% will do, thank you." Vil assured.
"The battle will take place here, so please find somewhere safe to hide!" Rook ordered.
"Understood. Please be safe."
"Let us review, shall we?" Vil suggested. "First, we must separate Idia from his Phantom to free him from his Overblot state. Next, we pry Grim off from Ortho, and then, we will send all those Phantoms that have fused with Ortho back into the Underworld. Lastly, we must reactivate the Cerberus System so we can seal Tartarus and the Underworld for good."
"We can do this." Epel chanted. "We saved Vil-san from his Phantom and still managed to dance in the VDC. We can fight!"
"Bold words from a little seedling." Vil taunted.
Rook smiled. "That's our Monsieur Crab Apple. We have finished preparing. Control Room, how is Cerberus looking?"
"It's a bit complex." The staff member said. "The Cerberus System is capable of sealing Tartarus and the Underworld, yes. However, only members of the Shroud Family are able to shut it down and restore it. A member of their family caused all of this. We've tried inputting the emergency control codes a number of times, but Ortho keeps overwriting them. It won't accept commands from an outside source. We've tried everything, but..."
"Well, then, let's have the perpetrator fix everything, shall we?" Vil said. "Leave Idia and Ortho to us."
"Understood." The researcher said. "We will do everything we can to provide you with back up."
"Do you think Idia-san will listen to us?" Epel asked.
"We'll make him listen." (Y/N) said firmly as Vil smirked.
"That is the Night Raven College way, is it not?"
Epel tilted his head in concern "What exactly do you mean?"
"Have you forgotten what I told you during the opening ceremony, little darling? In Night Raven College, the weak must follow the strong. Losers have no right to complain. When we're done with him, Idia will listen to us whether he likes it or not."
Rook clapped his hands. "A dog eat dog world, eh? Our school traditions are simply beautiful!"
The room shook, nearly knocking everyone off their feet.
"They're here!" Epel warned before taking the wheel of the chariot. "I'll drive the Chariot. Please focus on attacking."
"Can you handle piloting it?" Rook asked.
"Hehe! I helped out a lot with the farming equipment back at home. I've had my fair share of experience with roof buggies! Get on!"
Vil and Rook jumped on board as (Y/N) patted Swampert.
"Go with them, buddy. You too, Rotom. Metagross and I will handle it."
The water starter nodded before jumping on board, Rotom zipping close behind.
"(Y/N), what are you doing!?" Epel called out as she climbed onto the steel type.
"Don't worry, we'll catch up!"
"I'll hold you to that." Vil answered back as Epel pulled the Chariot away. "Listen well, my dear. This is the final defense line.
Rook nodded. "Oui, we can't lose this fight if we want to get back home."
"We're the only ones who can save Grim-kun now." Epel said. "I'm ready!"
"We are Night Raven College's oldest and most beautiful dorm (oh, because Evil Queen was the first full length villain, missed that the first time)." Vil announced. "It's time to let the world see Pomefiore's undying spirit! Let's go!"
"Look up there, Big Brother!" Ortho yelled as the Chariot approached them. "It's the tank and the DPS's party. They have two shielders with them, too. It's very fitting for the final fight."
"Ah, you are a persistent bunch." Idia complained. "Our goal is near. We cannot afford to fall here! Wait...where's Stone?"
He got his answer as something zipped past him and rammed right into Ortho, knocking him down a few levels. Suddenly, floating at eye level with him was (Y/N), standing atop Mega Metagross, who looked ready to knock some sense into the boy.
"That is awesome." Epel said sharply after a long pause among the boys.
Idia, in contrast, was much more frazzled by the appearance of the powerful Mega.
"Oh, come on! How's it fair your already buff summon gets a significant stat increase and the ability to fly!? OP!"
"We earned this!" (Y/N) shot back. "Consider it a post-game reward!"
"Why do you keep getting in our way? You wanna be heroes that badly? Give me a break!"
Vil chuckled. "Heroes? I like the sound of that. It's a role I've always been curious about. But, heroes or villains don't exist here. You and I are just classmates. Only the last one standing will get a shot at their dreams. Come, let us hold nothing back, shall we? I will be the one standing tall until the end!"
"As will we!" (Y/N) said as Metagross sharpened his claws. "Guys, we'll keep you covered. Take them out as soon as possible!"
"Yes, ma'am!" They all said.
"This is the final battle..." Idia muttered.
Ortho scrambled back up to them. "Let's go, Big Brother!"
Metagross darted around the arena, dodging swings from Ortho and magic blasts from Idia. In truth, the brothers were aiming to knock the trainer off him since they knew she was the source of the Mega Evolution. Of course, no one was gonna let that happen. If it wasn't Metagross quickly getting out dodge after landing powerful Bullet Punches, it was Swampert, Rotom, Rook, and Vil who distracted them with elemental blasts. During this deadly game of cat and mouse, (Y/N) tried to look for an opening to grab Grim, but Ortho never opened himself up enough for her to snatch her dorm mate back. A new problem was also arising. Though Mega Metagross was absurdly strong, the descent had exhausted (Y/N), meaning she couldn't maintain the mega evolution for long. Vil, understanding this as the Psuedo's speed was starting to falter, began charging up the spear for one final blast. Ortho tried to launch a devastating fireball at them, only for Metagross to ram into his face with a Meteor Mash, holding him down as long as he could.
"Ah... Big Brother... I'm going to fall..."
"Ortho!" Idia yelled, trying to get to his brother, only to get slammed in the back by a Hydro Cannon/Thunderbolt combo from Swampert and Rotom.
With the path cleared, Vil raised the spear into the air.
"Now, let's end this once and for all! Leave the aiming to me, King of Poisons!
"We'll send them flying back down!" Epel yelled as they all poured their energy into one final attack.
The lightning slammed into Ortho, but unlike the other two times, there was an uneasy stillness in the incarnation.
"We were... We were so close, too..."
Idia gritted his teeth, floating limply towards his brother. "Ah... O-Ortho...!"
Slowly, the Phantoms began dissolving around Ortho, their remains dripping down towards the gate.
"Ortho-kun's body is shattering!" Rook shouted.
Epel was more concerned about something else as the Chariot dove down. "(Y/N), go get Grim before Ortho falls down!"
"Let's go, Metagross!" (Y/N) ordered. "GRIM!"
The cat snarled at first, but her voice seemed to reach him. "... This voice... I-is that you, (Y/N)...? I..."
Ortho then began to fall. "I... I couldn't be Big Brother's hero...... No..."
"Ortho!" Idia shouted before touching the fading Incarnation's arm. "I won't leave you this time..."
"Big Brother..."
"This is bad!" Vil shouted as the brothers and Grim plummeted, Metagross and (Y/N) now exhausted and too slow to reach them in time. "Ortho will end up pulling Idia and Grim back into the Underworld with him! Not on my watch!"
The blonde stood up, much to the horror of his dormmates.
"What're ya doin', Vil-san!?" Epel shouted. "You can't...!"
"Stop!" Rook demanded, only for Vil to jump down towards the gate after Idia and Grim. "VIL!"
Seeing this, (Y/N) summoned her last ounce of strength as she and Metagross dove after the boys. "OH, NO YOU DON'T!"
As she and Metagross reached out to pull the males back through the gate, she saw the world flash before her, and recognized it as the memory realm. Looking to the side, she saw Rotom holding the Ghost Camera up. She closed her eyes as she let the memories flow.
"Idia, how did it come to this?"

Okay, so next time we will finally be done with the Ignihyde chapter. This book was a beast to say the least. Shenanigans will ensue soon enough and I have a pretty good idea to start with.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 3.6K 73
We all know the story about Cinderella, being poor and then with help of magic become queen... Well this story isn't about m...
8.9K 212 10
After her adventures in Paldea, Y/N is invited to go on a school trip to a smaller island called Kitakami. Between her champion duties and being cons...
5K 56 37
Y/N is a sweet child who lives in the alola region surrounded by Pokémon they have never met. Y/N has always dreamed of becoming a well known name o...
21.3K 469 35
You have died, but hay at least you get to be reincarnated in one of your favorite childhood show. Follow y/n as she goes through her adventures with...