Second Chance || Lab Rats

By multiny_

Hundreds of mile away from home. New school. New friends. New life. New feelings? Maybe Everything was bound... More

00
• Act one •
01: New School
02: Finishing First Day Of School
03: Split Personality
04: First Dance
05: Progress Reports And Shocking News
06: Chessy Picture On The Wall
07: Absent Birthday Boy
08: Forgive And Forget- Cause They Have A Flippin' Lab
09: Alone Time Gone Wrong
10: Beach Day And Old Enemies
11: Magic Shoes
12: Magic Shoes, Not So Magical Experience
13: Parent/Teacher Night
14: Visit From An Old Friend?
15: Day Two Of Building A Lab
16: Finally Friends
17: Marcus Goes To School
18: New Band And Betrayals
19: First Sleepover And A Mission
20: Mission Success
21: Wild Assumptions and laser tag gone wrong
• Act two •
22: A Trip To The Bottom Of The Pacific Ocean
23: Near Death Experience
24: Aftermath
25: First Day Of Parenting
26: Bad Parent(ing)
27: Making Memories
28: I Didn't Even Have Detention
29: What's Wrong With Bree?
30: Hanging Out With Geeks
31: Win Some, Lose Some
32: Vocal Manipulation
33: Close Call
34: Not So Happy Visit
35: Truth's Out
36: New Universe, New Me
37: No Place Like Home
38: First Birthday Together
39: Talent Show
40: Spike's Back
41: Uh Oh
42: Smoothing Things Over
43: Another Dooley In School
44: Loud neighbors
45: The Day Has Come
46: Unexpected Turn
• Act Three •
47: A Year Later
48: An Angry Old Friend
49: First Hero Mission
51: We've Come So Far
Epilogue
A/N

50: Boyfriend Goes Missing

385 5 0
By multiny_

After the showdown happened I left straight away. Not even waiting for the Davenports to take Mr. D to the hospital. I told Adam to update me. I decided it would be best to leave now than further anger them while they are vulnerable. Mr. D being unconscious really impacted them. Chase blamed me for it but at this point it would be weird if he hadn't. Adam asked me to stay but I knew this was not the place for me.

I went back home after checking on dad and my brothers. I actually spent the night with before leaving for Philly. I told them about the whole situation and Michael siding with Victor. They said they would keep an eye on him as I left town again.

Now it was Wednesday morning, I was skipping school and hanging out in my grandpa's place with my feet kicked up on the coffee table. Kaz and Oliver were at school. Kaz constantly texting me about being bored and Oliver texted me about their latest saves at the hospital. Those two sure do know their way around saving people.

"Feet off." My grandpa said, smacking my feet. I sat up going back on my phone.

"Where's your little boyfriend?" Grandpa said, not taking his eyes of his car magazine. I looked up and around the room. I scrunched my brows wondering where was he. I thought he was in the living room with me.

Ever since coming back to Philly, Marcus had been acting off. He would sneak out the house and come back with a bad mood. It was concerning seeing as he barely would get mad now. Each day he would appear like his old self. Even Kaz and Oliver saw the change in him.

"Hey, I'm home." Marcus shouted from the door. I got up rushing to him.

"Hey, uh, where were you?" I said.

"I was out." He simply answered. I looked back at my grandpa. He shrugged just as confused as I was.

"Out where?" I asked, following him to the living room. He stopped deeply sighing. He ran a hand through his hand slamming him water bottle on the counter. He turned to me with a glare. I was taken back and he quickly blinked putting up an act.

   "Just out, alright?" He said, managing a smile before rushing off to his room.

My grandpa and I exchanged looks. He went to grab his laptop immediately firing it up. I went to the kitchen where he leaned against the counter with his laptop. When brining Marcus back to life he insisted on adding a tracking device on him. I was against it. It was an invasion of privacy. Now thinking about it, I'm glad grandpa never listens to me and installed it anyways. Apart of this tracking device, it also let us show what Marcus sees. Even though he is part human now, his eyes are still of a robot and allows us to view what he saw on a screen.

Grandpa rewinded to a few hours earlier but the screen was blank. Just the confused reflection of my grandpa and I. Grandpa furrowed his brows clicking random buttons on his keypad.

"Guess your thing doesn't work." I said. Grandpa side eyed me closing his computer then firing it up again.

"It does. Give me a minutes. Go talk to him." Grandpa said, taking his computer to his room. I went back to the couch resting on the sofa cushions. This was so unlike Marcus. His anger tolerance or even annoyance was basically none existence. What ever happened must've been bad.

I decided to take grandpa's word of advice and went to his room. I knocked serval times but no answer. On the last knock, I let myself in by peeking in his room first. Marcus sat staring intensely at his computer screen. His computer was station next to his bed facing the wall so it's easy to sneak up on him. I tried to look at his screen but the brightest was turned all the way making it difficult.

"I know you're there." Marcus said without a care. He turned in his chair to face me. His body was tense and his jaw clenched.

"What happened downstairs?" I sincerely said.

"Nothing. Just tired. I ran into some troubling people that's all."

"Troubling as in?"

"Why do you care so much?" Marcus snapped.

"Because I care about you. You've been acting weird for a while now, Marcus."

"Do you mean I haven't been acting like the 'perfect' boyfriend for you?" He said. "Always doing what you say and agreeing to whatever you say. Well, I'm sick of it."

"Marcus..."

Marcus went to grab his jacket twisting his room's door knob. "I'm going out."

"Again?"

He didn't say anything and left the room. As he walked away from me I noticed something concerning. At the base of his neck a black spot was there, that was certainly not there before. I followed his seeing him quicken his pace and slammed the front door shut.

"Who's slamming my door?!" Grandpa yelled from his room.

"I'm going after Marcus. I'll be back." I yelled back.

Grandpa peeked out of his room. "Be careful. Love you."

"Love you."

I took my jacket from the coat hanger and ran out the door. I spotted him walking down the road then going into an alley. I picked up my pace to not lose sight of him. I just hope whatever he's involved in isn't dangerous.

——————————

It's been hours since I've been waiting outside a building. Marcus has traveled far to reach a worn down building. I hide behind the building occasionally peeking inside the broke window. Inside a women met up with him. Now I don't want to assume but this seems a little suspicious on Marcus's behalf. I don't take him as a cheater and I completely trust him but that hug seemed a little too personal.

Soon after some minutes more people came into the room.

   "I'm here. Now what?" Marcus said, crossing his arms. The women smirked circling him as the other people stood aside watching.

   "What do you think?"

   "You said I had a week to think about it? I still have two days." Marcus said.

Think about what? What is she talking about? My gaze flickering between the women and her followers. Marcus, what did you get yourself into?

   "It's not hard to decided. You're either with me or not. And I think you would want to be with me, if not your little girlfriend and friends will face consequences for your actions." The women threatened. Marcus rolled his hands into fists.

   "You said you wouldn't hurt them." He sternly said.

    "If you join me. So what will it be, Marcus?" The women repeated. Desperate for his spot on her team.

    "I still have two days." Marcus brought up.

    "I thought you would've said that."

A blinding light engulfed the room making me turn away shielding my eyes. The blinding light lasted for about a minute before I looked back. I rubbed my eyes adjusting to the room.

A sharp gasp left me my lips.

They were gone and so was Marcus. This isn't good.

——————————

    "I'm telling you they just disappear."

    "We're getting to the bottom of this tonight." Grandpa said, marching to Marcus's room. He couldn't seem to get his computer going so all we could rely on is what I saw. I told him that before going to the abandoned building Marcus was on his computer. Grandpa believed whatever Marcus was looking at must be a clue to where he disappeared to.

As he turned his computer on the last thing Marcus searcher appear on screen.

It was a location. Grandpa pressed search and an island appeared. Grandpa looked more into it but found nothing. It was one of many island. We looked at each other with concern.

Please be okay, Marcus.

________________________________

A/N: This one was short but hope you still enjoyed it.

Word count: 1343

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 329 31
(On Hold) From the time she was born Kaylynn had this gift that always baffled her parents. It was something that seemed out of a movie or comic. She...
13.1K 226 27
Ever since Leo Dooley moved in with the Davenports almost a year ago, Cassie has gone on many crazy adventures with Leo and her siblings. As they con...
712K 9.9K 133
Luna Walker was left at the doorstep of Donald Davenport. He adopted her and has loved her and treated her like she was his own. When Donald marries...
230K 3.9K 24
We all know that Leo is an only child, but what if he wasn't? Time for you to meet Scarlett, a girl with powers no one can explain, Leo is the only o...