Astrophile (Paul Lahote x OC)

By cosmoh0lic

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 she falls in love with a wolf. ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ (paul lahote x female oc) (the twil... More

astrophile
prologue
Act I
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
Act II
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
Act III
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one

twenty one

2.9K 87 23
By cosmoh0lic

࿔*:・twenty one ࿔*:・

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

It seemed Carter's little pep talk had little to no effect on Bella because following the weeks after that, she just seemed to fall deeper and deeper into her void of darkness.

She had started coming to school again but she never seemed to be all there. And she still sat with the rest of their friends at lunch, but she never talked to anyone, always staring straight ahead and not participating in conversations.

Carter started sleeping at her place every weekend, just so that Charlie could get some sleep because she would be there to comfort Bella after every nightmare she had.

The brunette still sat in front of the window every day, staring at nothing, talking to no one.

And just like that, October passed.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Though one thing that Bella's new behaviour had done for Carter was it allowed her to catch up with her other friends. So while she still tried her best to take care of her friend, she had also started spending time with Vicky and Theo. And she hung out with Jake while he opened up different car parts to fix them. This also allowed her to hang out with Embry and Quil. Both of whom, Carter discovered, were a treat to be around because they couldn't be serious for two minutes

Like they were doing right now. Carter cackled loudly as Quil caught Embry in a headlock after he had decided to tease the younger boy about his prom date for the third time since he'd told them.

Jacob shook his head and chuckled at the pair of them. Embry sat next to Carter, panting as he finally managed to get out of Quil's grip.

He shrugged, "I mean come on, dude." He huffed a laugh, "Your cousin." He chuckled and Quil rolled his eyes, "Whatever Embry, it's better than not having a date at all." He said pointedly.

Carter laughed once more and Quil frowned at her, "Shut up, Carter." He whined and Carter put a hand on her mouth.

"No, yeah," she nodded, "I agree with you a hundred per cent." She mumbled, trying to not laugh.

Embry giggled loudly, causing Quil to throw a dirty rag at his face.

Carter rolled her eyes at the two boys before she stood up, "well," she sighed, collecting her stuff, "as fun as it is hanging out with you kids-" Quil made an offended face, "I have plans with Theo and Vicky."

"So," Embry smirked, "when are you gonna introduce them to us?" He asked.

Carter narrowed her eyes, "how about never?"

"Oh come on!" Quil protested, "They're cute, we're cute. That's like a great deal."

Carter grinned and shook her head at him, "No, Quil, you just take your cousin to prom alright?" Embry laughed loudly as Quil mumbled under his breath.

Carter chuckled, "See you later, boys!" She called as she left the garage. She headed towards her truck and threw her stuff in the passenger seat before she drove away from the Black residence.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter chucked her car keys onto the table loudly as she entered the house and quickly took her jacket off. She rushed up to her room, hoping to freshen up before Theo and Vicky came to pick her up.

She screamed as she opened her door to see both the blondes sitting casually in her room, "Oh my god!" She yelled, "You almost gave me a fucking heart attack!"

Vicky snorted, "Alright drama queen. Get ready please."

Carter threw her hands up and glared at the blonde, "Yeah, yeah." She rolled her eyes, grabbed a hoodie and some jeans, and quickly went into her bathroom to change.

As soon as she was done, the three of them went downstairs, Carter went into the kitchen to grab a water bottle. Her dad sat on the table, a mug of coffee in front of him.

"Oh hey, what are you doing home so early?" She asked as Theo and Vicky each sat in a vacant seat.

Carter leaned against the kitchen counter, taking a sip from her bottle.

Her dad didn't pay much attention as he answered, "Working the night shift today. Lots of reports of bear sightings in the forest recently," he threw a glance at Carter, "So do me a favour and stay out of there for a while, cool?" He advised. And Carter nodded, "Cool."

"Anyways we're heading to Seattle today," she informed him and Jack frowned, "for what?"

Carter smirked, holding up his credit card. "To spend your money, Dad. And anyway, my birthday's coming up." She shrugged.

Jack rolled his eyes, "your birthday is next month, sweetie."

"Yeah, yeah." Carter dismissed his words playfully. He huffed a laugh, rolling his eyes.

She picked up her car keys from the bowl, following the twins out of the house after kissing her father's cheek.

As soon as they left the house, the clouds rumbled lowly as Carter let out a disappointed sigh, "Well girls. It seems like it might just rain today." She said.

"What? No!" Vicky whined, "I checked the forecast just this morning! It was fine."

Carter shrugged, "you know how unpredictable the weather is in Forks."

Theo rolled her eyes, "Yeah right. It's always rainy. Why did we think today would be any different?"

Vicky huffed, "Shut up Theodora," Theo blanched, "excuse me? I am seven minutes older than you if you've forgotten that little detail." She crossed her arms and glared at her sister.

Vicky rolled her eyes, "As if you ever let me forget. And you're seven minutes older not seventy years!" 

Theo shrugged, "Same thing. Learn to respect your elders Victoria." She huffed.

Vicky blew a raspberry in her direction, "Sorry, grandma."

Carter huffed, "alright chill. I'm sure it'll get better when we reach Seattle," she clapped, "come on kids! Everyone in the car!"

The three quickly settled in, leaving the driveway and soon enough, their small town of Forks behind.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter laughed loudly, as the three friends screamed their lungs out to "Hotel California" and Vicky's voice cracked as she yelled out the lyrics.

She shook her head at her friend's antics and looked out the window towards the clouds that only seemed to grow darker. She frowned, "Guys I don't think the weather's getting any better," and as if on cue, thunder sounded and it started raining.

"HOW THEY DANCE IN THE COURTYARD! SWEET SUMMER SWEA- it's raining. Guys, it's raining. Why is it raining?" Vicky paused, staring at the raindrops that hit their windshield.

Theo rolled her eyes, "Yes we know. Thank you for that Katherine obvious." She huffed and for a moment the whole car was silent.

All of a sudden, Vicky snorted, "I'm sorry... did you just say Katherine obvious?" She tried to control her laughter.

Theo shrugged, "Well yeah!" She protested, "We know it's raining and you still told us it raining so that makes you a Katherine obvious."

During her explanation, Carter had quickly parked her car on the side of the road and rested her head against the steering wheel, her shoulders shaking because she was either crying or laughing, the two girls couldn't tell.

"Theo..." Vicky blinked, "...it's captain... captain obvious..."

Carter wheezed loudly, so laughing it was. And Theo stared at her sister with a blank look. She stared for a minute, "Shut up, it is not!" She protested and Vicky finally let out a laugh.

"Carter!" Theo called, "is it Captain?" She asked and Carter nodded, finally looking up, her face red as she tried her best to control her laugh.

"Oh, my god..." Theo whispered, mortified at the new piece of information, "I've been saying it wrong the whole time?"

Carter sobered quickly after that, not wanting to make Theodora feel bad and smirked, an idea coming to mind.

She quickly got out of the car, and both her friends let out sounds of protest. The brunette laughed out loud at the refreshing feeling of water hitting her face. She quickly opened the back door and Vicky appeared in front of her, concern evident on her face.

"What are you doing?" She yelled, "You'll get sick!" But Carter didn't pay attention as she pulled the girl out of the car, making her stand in the rain.

She laughed at Vicky's expression, quickly moving away to Theo's side. The older twin shook her head as she spotted her friend coming towards her.

"No, no, no," her voice was muffled and she tried to lock her door, but unfortunately for her, Carter was faster.

"Carter don't you dare!" She shrieked, trying to back away.

Carter rolled her eyes, "oh hush." She told her, before pulling her out of the car too.

Vicky laughed loudly at her sister's expression as Theo stood blankly for a moment, trying to process the fact that she was now completely soaked from head to toe.

Carter laughed sweetly, spinning around as the two blondes stared at their friend. She had gone batshit crazy.

But nonetheless, smiles graced their faces too as they saw their friend finally enjoying herself after two months of pure misery. So they let her be, in fact, they joined her.

As she stood, enjoying the feeling of rain hitting her face, Theo jumped into a puddle nearest to her, causing water to splash all over Carter who let out a cry of shock.

"THEODORA!" She screamed as the blonde laughed wildly at her friend's reaction.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

Carter shivered slightly as her father dropped another blanket on her. He shook his head as Carter gave him a cheeky smile. He went over to the heater, turning it up slightly more as Carter huddled against Theo. She gripped the hot cocoa in her hands tightly.

"I don't know what possessed you girls to play in the rain. And in the middle of winter too!" He cried as the three tried to control their giggles.

Carter shrugged, "look on the bright side, Dad. I didn't spend your money. Now you have to get me a birthday gift." She winked.

Jack groaned at her daughter's statement.

"Hey pass us the remote, will you?" She asked and her dad tossed the remote to her. She quickly put on Netflix, playing the most recent show she'd been watching which just so happened to be Gossip Girls.

Her dad left them in the living room and quickly went to get his car keys and gun, "you girls gonna be alright for the night?" He asked peeking his head inside.

Carter gave him a thumbs up, too focused on the show to give him an actual reply.

He nodded, leaving them alone.

It was a few episodes in when Carter finally turned to look at her two friends, "Hey guys? Thanks for today."

The twins gave her identical smiles and they turned back towards the tv.

It was at eight in the morning when Jack Darvill entered through the front door and headed towards the living room when he saw the three girls tangled amongst each other. Snoring without a care in the world and he smiled as he saw how peaceful his daughter looked.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *
Been a while since I've posted and that's all because I had no idea how to write this chap. But tbh I'm super satisfied with the chap and cheers to Iemont4rt for giving me the initial idea.

Which reminds me, this girl finally decided to repost her story so go check that out.

Also the way I played with the Victorious ref because i love that show.

And make sure to comment and vote guys. Don't be shy ;)

Not edited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

589K 22K 49
「𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗠𝗔𝗟」❝Okay I admit, not all the guys are bad ❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ Aniya Majorie and Jacob Black despised each other so much, ever since he...
498K 20.4K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
296K 8.6K 34
[ DISCONTINUED ] claudia littlesea's head was always in the clouds, and all embry call wanted was to see her smile. ••• twilight saga : new moon - br...
364K 11.3K 43
when i saw you i fell in love and you smiled because you knew. ( paul lahote. ) ( the twilight saga. )