Void • Memoria [1]

By KingShiRei

( Volume 1 / 9 of The Void Series ) Demons, Spirits, and Magic were some of the many beings the world deemed... More

1. Normality
2. Torn By Two
3. Your Story
4. Lost Meteor
5. Our Facade
6. Perfect Daughter
7. Light In The Fog
8. Unspoken
9. I Trusted You
10. Isolation For Eight
11. Run Away
12. Premonition
13. Premeditation
14. Crashing Down
15. What Is Fake?
16. Vow To Protect
17. Falter
18. Hammer of Justice
19. Sundial
20. Mending Life
21. Endless Solution
22. Finally
23. Shooting Star
24. Lost
25. Sister
26. Child
27. Devoted To You
28. The Start
29. Nature's Gift
30. Impenetrable
31. Gravity
32. Virtue's Beauty
33. Infestation
34. Reversal
36. Lost Words
37. Bumble
38. Carry Your Star
39. More Than One
40. Resurface
41. Forever Weak
42. Keep Going
43. By My Hand
44. Flowers Always Wither
45. Devouring Hope
46. Share Your Soul
47. Neglect Suspicion
48. No Trust
49. Faded Reality
50. Overcast

35. Story In Your Eyes

11 2 0
By KingShiRei

Justice Memoria ( Seina's Point of View Part 4 )

"Not all people run from disasters. Some hide. So we should focus on searching places to help people find the courage to evacuate, if a fight comes to us then we'll fight." Kurai instructed as Yuki and I followed her close behind.

As I looked over at Yuki I realized that she seemed to be lost in thought, her eyes were focused and her hand was fiddling with the handle of her katana as it sat in its sheath by her side. She looked serious, determined, yet lost.

I wanted to reach out to her, and I couldn't help myself but do so. As I gently grabbed her lower arm she looked over at me as if she snapped out of whatever plagued her mind.

"Everything ok?" I couldn't help but worry for her. I understood it was a serious situation we were in, but something in me wanted to hold her. To check on her.

She stared at me silently before flashing me a faint smile with a nod. "Yeah, I'm ok. Thank you," She said softly, the look in her eyes quickly softened as she stared at me.

But I know she was lying. Yet I couldn't pressure her if she didn't want to say it, I just want to be there for her when she allows me to be.

Although I slowly let go of her, I didn't want to. I just forced a smile and continued to walk in silence beside her.

Although she was alive and breathing beside me, I couldn't get the image of her dead body out of my head. No matter what happens I don't think I'll be able to get over it. It was a heavyweight in my chest but I had to keep going.

Since I met Yuki, she was always there to listen to what I had to say. She never hesitated to help me when I needed someone. If I had a bad day and she found out, she'd make sure to call me until I felt better or even sneak over to my house to keep me company.

I can't think of a time she didn't help me.

I just wish for once she'd let me help her too.

Yuki quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me close to her side as people came running out of a building towards us, they all passed us screaming as they pushed and bumped into each other.

I looked at the building they were evacuating from in a panic and noticed one of the windows was shattered as if something crashed into it. I felt my heart racing, I knew demons were roaming and possibly killing people, but a part of me wished we didn't have to fight yet.

But I can't let the other two fight alone, I have to carry my weight too.

Kurai quickly snaked her way past the people running out of the building, and Yuki followed her quickly while holding onto me so we wouldn't get separated.

I took a deep breath and held her hand firmly for support, she squeezed my hand gently in return. As we followed after Kurai who seemed to be focused as if she could track where the demon was we slowly began to hear strange noises.

I felt a pit in my stomach as the sound of gushes and gurgling was getting louder and louder as we approached a door. The smell of blood filled the air as Kurai turned the doorknob and slowly opened the door.

In the corner of a room was a demon not too much taller than us. Their upper back was scrunched over, and they had small orange horns on top of their head, when they slowly turned to face us their orange eyes were open wide. A large chunk of flesh was in their mouth, still dripping with blood.

The demon was holding the torse of a man in its long bony hands, its sharp orange claws digging into his stomach.

The room was painted red and reeked of death. The office desks were all destroyed, covered in torn limbs and blood. All the limbs looked as if they belonged to a different person. I've seen plenty of horrific sites on the internet, but seeing such things in person was another level of unsettling.

"It doesn't have acid saliva. Seina your war hammer is too big for this small office. Yuki, back me up." Kurai instructed, Yuki and I quickly let go of each other's hand. Kurai summoned her sword, and Yuki unsheathed hers.

Although I was instructed not to I still summoned my weapon in case needed. But I decided to listen to Kurai who had more experience with the matter and stood in the hallway and she and Yuki entered the bloody room.

I gripped my Warhammer firmly, my eyes focused on every movement of the demon. As it swallowed the large chunk of flesh hanging from its mouth in a single gulp, a large crooked smile spread across its face. It quickly licked the blood from its long fingers as it stood up to properly face Yuki and Kurai.

Yuki was glancing at Kurai to mirror her movements as they surrounded the demon in their own separate fighting stances like two hyenas circling their prey.

"A guardian, a witch, and a human? Today truly is a feast!" The demon said excitedly.

His unsettling words and tone of voice made me grip my weapon with all my strength. Yet Yuki and Kurai stayed silent and calm as if they both had been in a similar situation and were choosing to ignore his words.

"Oh I can't wait, I can't wait! I haven't eaten a guardian in so long!" The demon said excitedly as he slowly approached Kurai like a lion hunting its prey.

Once the demon was close enough they quickly swiped at her, but Kurai stepped to the side fast enough to avoid the attack and in one clean swoop she cut the arm of the demon. The cut was deep and blood flew threw the air from the gash.

The demon screamed loudly as it held onto the injury it received. It stumbled back slightly the inside of their elbow looked as if Kurai cut it deep enough to almost sever its arm through the bone.

"You haven't been in an actual fight before. Have you?" Kurai mocked, her tone was confident and cocky.

The demon quickly glanced around and grabbed the corpse it was eating from prior. As it took a bite from its mangled torso, Yuki took the chance to strike. With what seemed like all her strength she swiped her blade at the wound Kurai created and completely severed the arm of the demon.

The demon's scream was muffled as it devoured the meat of the corpse. Once it swallowed the organs from inside, bone, flesh, and blood grew from where its lower arm was severed and morphed into a new lower arm.

It was both a grotesque and interesting scene, like something straight out of a horror game.

Yuki took a step back quickly and retook her stance, a disgusted look in her eyes as she watched the scene unfold.

The demon then quickly swiped at Yuki, the tips of its claws scraping against her torso, cutting her from shoulder to shoulder.

"Yuki!" Kurai called out in a panic, a black needle quickly flew out of her hand and stabbed the demon in the shoulder, causing the demon to scream once more.

The demon's eyes widened as it saw the black smoking needle in its shoulder that faded away quickly, and the black smoke coming from Yuki's wound.

"Calista." It said in near disbelief before quickly turning to the window and jumping out of the building.

"Chase it down," Kurai ordered as she jumped out the window after it.

I ignored her order and chose to prioritize Yuki, I ran to her quickly as I banished my hammer and put my hand on her shoulder.

"Are you ok?" I asked worriedly as I placed my hand over her long and thin wounds. Two cuts were made but she managed to block the other claws with her sword.

I watched as the black smoke healed her wounds and flowed around my hands to stitch her closed like it had an invisible thread.

"Let's get going." She said quickly to dismiss my concern. She turned around quickly and made her way to the stairs we arrived on and quickly exited the building, I followed her close behind and summoned my hammer once more.

Once we finally arrived outside, Kurai had four black needle-like strands coming from her blade and stabbing into the arms of the demon to pin them to the wall. Black smoke was coming from her arms similar to how Yuki heals herself, except Kurai's seemed to heal a lot faster.

"Help me! Brother!" the demon roared out.

Kurai quickly pulled her blade away, unpinning the demon as a large figure leaped at her. Kurai stumbled, using her sword as support to prevent herself from falling over.

Towering over her was a large demon, the demon was bulky as it stared down at Kurai with an intense look in its bright orange eyes. Steam rose from its mouth as it salivated and panted heavily from anger.

Judging by the look on Kurai's face, I could tell the situation was no longer in our favor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

472 76 50
This story is for 17+ only ! contains - demons and angels - magic - alcoholic drinks -epic battles This is a book about Gatekeepers, TimeKeepers, A...
200 58 38
( Volume 2 of The Void Series ) Four years after the strange attack on a small town in Japan. Yuki Toitsu was working hard to fulfill her duties unde...
281 87 31
*I'm using Wattpad as a platform to do a complete make-over of my first novel, Firefanged. It is the first installment of the nine-book Demon in Exil...
14.3K 110 15
This is a fiction based on the Light Novel/Manga/Anime Shinmai Maou no Testament. This is a 'what-if' that sidetracks away from the Light Novel, and...