Genevie (One Direction Age Re...

By WritingWithMyCat

"You can still be broken, even when nothing's wrong." . . . "I've taken care of myself for three years, I do... More

Hello!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 9

900 14 2
By WritingWithMyCat

Moving in felt weird. Not just because I was leaving the home I've lived in my whole sixteen years of existence, but also because of the men I was now living with. They were really kind, even though I was shy and hard to converse it. They didn't seem annoyed with it, which is something I imagined in my head twenty times over. Of course, there was awkward silence, but it's bound to happen.

From the past hour, the time I could officially call myself an inhabitant of the house, I have gathered many strange things. Some explainable with their unusual career choice, but many was not. They have a door that's always closed, next to my room. Liam came out of it when I walked upstairs to see my room and he quickly closed the door before I could see what was inside.

Speaking of my room, it's very...babyish? I like the soft pastel colors of the walls, one being a calm, sky blue and another a lavender purple. I also appreciate the cozy rug laying on the floor, something I wouldn't mind petting like a stuffed animal, it's fluffy and smooth.

I do fancy the room, the twenty minutes I spent in there after moving in felt more like home than the lifetime spent in the old house. With that said, it feels like something designed for someone much younger.

But I decided to try to be open minded, and I'm determined to keep the promise I made myself. I want to be okay with change, and this could be what I need. Mai left after making sure I was settled and made sure that I would call if anything was wrong.

So right now, I'm sitting in their living room, well one of them, and watching SpongeBob. It wasn't my choice of program, but Louis put it on for me and I don't know if I'm allowed to change the channel.

My mind drifted away from the show, not being hard to follow the plot of the episode, even though I wasn't paying attention. Instead thinking of my first time meeting Zayn, Niall, Louis and Harry yesterday.

The sun casting shadows on the house in front of me while I walked the path to the door made the house look quite intimidating. My hands were shaking as I brought them up to push the little button by the door. A loud noise emitted, making me wince and bring my fingers back. If the sound wasn't enough to signal my arrival, then I don't think anything will be.

Seconds later, a tall man with dark hair opened the door, his brown eyes looking at me. They looked happy; a smile etched on his face. He looked strong, someone you wouldn't want to fight, but also kind and someone who gave awesome hugs.

He opened the door wider, welcoming me into the house, calling out, probably for the others. The shout made me wince again though, something I hoped no one noticed.

I took off my shoes, leaving them neatly placed by the door and followed him inside the house when he motioned for me to do so. It looked like a home. Pictures of the five men hanging on the walls along with various families.

The kitchen was big with an island in the middle, and a family-sized table with chairs by a window. I didn't have much time to inspect it before we walked into a living room, a huge painting hanging on one wall. It was beautiful, abstract but fitting well with the rest of the furniture.

A soft-looking dark grey couch was placed under the artwork, a table made of glass in front of it. The sofa looked comfy, like something you could sleep on without having back pain after. The blankets hanging on the armrests were fluffy and were probably perfect to snuggle with in the wintertime.

When Zayn sat down and patted the space next to him, I quickly obliged and sat down, leaving some room in between us. He scooted closer though, resting an arm behind me. It felt strange but also like a bubble of protection.

When I looked up again three men descended the stairs. The first one I knew from before, Liam coming down with his gentle chocolate brown eyes, having a friendly smile on his lips when he saw me. Behind him, Niall walked down. I recognized him from his hair, Mai had shown enough pictures of its feathery structure. He wore glasses, making him seem more mature and adult-like. Kind of like a dad on his day off, looking relaxed and approachable.

Niall was closely followed by Louis, with his blue eyes, a different shade than Niall's. It was weird, I thought a lot about eye colors, although I could never look someone in the eye.

They all sat down on the couch opposite to us, all sporting similarly bright smiles as Zayn's when looking at me. After a minute of silence, Liam spoke.

"We're just waiting on Harry, he should be finished soon." followed by a shout from upstairs. "I'm coming!" The light patter of feet meeting the floor and a sigh before he sat down, greeting me in the process. I nodded, turning shy. My hands were shaking more than when I first got here but I decided to push past it, holding them in place in my lap.

Embrace the change. Well, at least be okay with it.

"Well, you already know me, and Niall is on my right," Liam started, Niall cutting in with a 'hello' and a waving motion with his hand, bringing a smile to my face. "On my left is Harry who doesn't know anything about time management." Liam stated, a jokingly stern eye directed towards the man, before he could move on Harry commented. "But it's not my fault that I want to look presentable." which Zayn chuckled to.

Liam smiled and gestured towards Louis, "and I'm Jennifer". Louis spoke before Liam had a chance to introduce him, his comment making me giggle. My quite embarrassing laugh made their smiles bigger, looking like it must hurt while I blushed.

"No, I'm Louis, love, but you can call me Lou or whatever you feel comfortable with." He expressed; his voice darker than I thought it would be after watching One Direction compilations on YouTube with Mai.

I nodded in response, still a bit cautious, but honestly, I would say I'm handling the situation quite well, I'm not running from them yet. And considering I usually avoid or flee from my dilemmas, it's progress.

They had shown nothing but kindness yet, my timidity was just me needing to warm up to them and getting to know them. Mai would be proud of me if she knew that I wasn't the shaking, nervous wreck I usually am when meeting new people.

"So, this is where you're going to live, we are really happy to have you." Liam sated, looking around the room with his own eyes. I smiled at that, trying to come across as polite, even though I hadn't uttered a single word except a quiet 'hello' since I entered the house.

It was so silent, being used to always having music around, it was a big difference. I eyed the white speaker in the corner of the room, my eyes drawn to it. I felt Zayn looking at me without turning away from the speaker. He looked down at his phone and seconds later music streamed through the speaker. Some mellow piano thing, it wasn't really my cup of tea, but it was better than nothing.

I think I relaxed a bit after that, the music instantly calming me. I found it easier to talk and our conversation varied from them telling stories about each other, sharing our fears, Niall's being claustrophobia, I mentioned my fear of eyes, including an apology for being impolite and not looking them in the eye while speaking.

We chatted for about two hours, before I said it was probably best for me to go home before it became too late, them agreeing not wanting me to walk in the dark. Well, they didn't want me walking at all, so after me assuring them that I'd be fine, Louis not agreeing and some debating, I was driven home by Zayn and Louis in a surprisingly normal car.

I thanked them profusely before wishing them a good night and saying "I'll see you tomorrow". I unlocked the door and left my keys on the table as usual, sighing and sitting down in the lonely house. Not nearly as welcoming as the house I was in half an hour ago.

I missed the company, although I am shy and fear people, I don't enjoy being lonely. Funnily enough the thing I am most of the time is just that, lonely.

_________

Hello people!

I don't like this chapter, but oh well, I say that about every chapter.

I promise, next chapter we will get into the story!

Do we have any questions? Anything bugging you?

If you enjoyed reading this, then please continue reading, vote, comment and be the amazayn human you are! (Maybe a bit less creepy? I think I'm getting used to it)

'Til Next Time

See ya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

460K 10.1K 56
They always say that your family will always love you no matter what. I think it's a lie. Sometimes life is a Lie. Everyone has been told "I hate yo...
194K 4.2K 90
[this is the story of how i learned to live. but don't worry! it's kind of a fun one.] - ❝No, Niall, you don't get it! Our mom left me at a fire stat...
279K 10.9K 24
Since Louis's family died in a terrible car crash when he was eight, he was sent to live with his Uncle Simon and cousins, Zayn and Niall. His uncle...
5.6K 130 23
"Maybe we'll meet again, when we are slightly older and our minds less hectic, and I'll be right for you and you'll be right for me. But right now, I...