Letters of Sorrow | Soukoku a...

By Mushroom_Boi69

Dazai's most recent suicide attempt finally worked. He left Chuuya behind to suffer in this cruel world. Chuu... More

Letter #1
Letter #2
Letter #3
Letter #4
Letter #5

Osamu Dazai's Last Note

186 8 12
By Mushroom_Boi69

TW:

- Suicide note

"I am writing to Nakahara Chuuya.

I am sorry that I'm leaving like this. The strain is too much.

I'm not a writer, I'm not good at doing this kind of thing, but I'll try to put some effort into it for you, Chuuya. I didn't originally plan on writing out a note, but its unfair that you don't know the reason I did this.

Here I  am, sitting on the ground with a stomach filled with pills and sipping on sake. I'll make this quick since the pills will kick in any moment here.

I've never really felt whole. There was always a pit in me. I was always lonely, no matter who I was with. I was never happy, no matter what.

I feel so unhappy...

I've been betrayed too many times.

I've betrayed people too many times

I'm not good with people believe it or not. I hate social interaction. People scare me. I scare me.

I dreaded social interaction. It was always like my eyes would swim in my head, and the whole world would grow dark before me. I felt half out of my mind. I wanted to stop that feeling.

I have been a "social outcast" from the moment I was born because of my odd behavior. Even if I've forgotten most of the childhood I barely had, I do remember that I hated it. I wanted to stop that feeling.

Nothing in life brought me happiness, no joy, no pleasure. Nothing. Something was wrong.

Even when I left the Mafia, it brought me nothing. I escaped, but it gave me no pleasure: I decided to kill myself.

That's how I ended up here.

Whenever I thought of my situation I sank all the deeper in my depression, and lost all my energy.

As you can see, mine has been a life of much shame.

After this, I don't know what will happen. I can believe in hell, but it is impossible for me to believe in the existence of heaven. So, I most likely will suffer in hell, that is if there is an after life. I don't believe there is. There is no devil and certainly no God. 

If there was... Then, why did I suffer so much?

Chuuya, I know you. Please don't follow me. I know you'll consider it. I beg of you, please don't do what I did.

I love you.

I have nothing else to write.

I love you.

I love you.

Please don't forgive me, Osamu Dazai."

(A/N The bolded sentences are direct references to the book 'No Longer Human' by the real life Osamu Dazai)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 11K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
275K 17.4K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
600K 12.8K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...
177K 4.7K 40
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...