Leap for the Stars

By lovexpuppies

Y/n Lukasiak is living in the shadow of her older sister Chloe and her friend Mackenzie but what happens when... More

The Competition Begins
Wildly Inappropriate
Stealing the Show
When Stars Collide
Dying to Dance
Heyy *Please read!*
She's a fighter
Love on the dance floor
From Ballerinas to Showgirls
Cathy Brings it On
It All ends Here
There's Only One Star
Season 2
Everyone's Replaceable
The Return of the Candy Apples
Brookes Turning Point
No One likes A Bully
Brooke's Back
Jill on a Rampage
Bullets and Ballets
The Runaway Mom
Miami Heat Waves
Melissa Pleads the 5th
Waiting for the Joffrey
I'm backk
Abbygeddon
The battle Begins
Night of living dancers

Cheerleader Blues

997 15 2
By lovexpuppies

~Song for solo~

"Girls lets go!" Abby yells at us from in studio A. 

I rushed in with the other girls while the moms followed behind us. 

"Vivi Anne where are your dance clothes?" Ms. Abby asks the new girl.

"They are in the car" 

I stopped listening after that. Until Ms. Abby starts to talk about last weeks costumes. I'm so happy I wasn't in the group routine it looked really weird and I didn't really like it. 

"This weekend we are going to New Jersey and we are going to do an acrobatic gymnastics routine" She says

I look over to my mom and she gives me a thumbs up. I love acro and Kenzie does too so I hope we will both be in the group. 

Ms. Abby flips the chalk board around and I am still on the bottom. Even though I danced last week, I guess that wasn't good enough for Ms. Abby. 

Maddie

Chloe Brooke

Nia Paige Mackenzie Y/n Vivi-Anne  

"Brooke you are going to be helping everyone else" 

"I have 2 solos this week the first one is going to Vivi- Anne and the other is going to.." She looks around. 

"Y/n and you better win" She says 

I look up and smile, This is my first solo of the season and I have to prove to Abby that I can be amazing. Everyone claps for me while Chloe hugs me. 

" Ok Everyone up and lets go rehearse." 

We all started to rehearse and practice doing bridge rolls. 

*Up with the moms*

Kelly: I am so happy that y/n is getting a solo this week. 

Christi: I know I think it will be good for her to finally show Abby that she is y/n and not Chloe or Maddie. 

Kelly: I want to know what is it going to take to get my daughters up on the pyramid, Why is Maddie on the top?' 

Cathy: She actually pyramids the kids and puts them in?

Kelly: Yes 

Cathy: So I am the new person coming in why do you guys put up with this.

Melissa: She is the best choreographer

Holly: She just doesn't want to here from anyone else about dance.

Christi: See that's what Abby doesn't understand, she is missing the mother gene.

Cathy: I used to here that all the time.

*Interview with Christi*

Oh Cathy I don't know if she is going to make it in our group. If you want to be a dance teacher you take her and do it yourself but if not you sit upstairs like everyone else.

*Interview over*

Christi: So you would only have a kid if you can sprinkle it with fish food. 

Cathy: No but I use to say a good thing would be a kennel for kids

*Back with y/n*

Ms. Abby is showing us how to do different types of skills for the dance and I am trying my best to keep up. 

*Interview with y/n*

I am so excited that I get to have a solo but I can't focus that well because of the group dance.

*Interview over*

I wanted to leave the room to go upstairs with my mom but I knew Ms. Abby would yell at me if I did so I just stayed down stairs and continued to do the backwards roll, until Kelly walked in asking to talk to Abby.

They started arguing  over Brooke not being at the top of the pyramid before they go into another studio.

Soon Ms. Abby comes back in and we practice the dance again.

~~

A little while later I go upstairs and sit with my mom while Vivi-Anne learns her solo. 

"So y/n are you excited to do a solo this week?" Holly asks

"Yes but I don't know if I will be ask good as Chloe is" I said looking down

"Ok, You don't need to be Chloe you just need to be yourself ok? I you have to believe in you and do not worry about what Abby says, just focus on dancing." mommy says holding my hands

I nod and hug her " Love you" She said "I love you too!"

"Y/n! Let's go" Ms. Abby yells 

"You got this!" My mom says and I hi-five her before going to where Ms. Abby was.

*Solo Rehearsal*

"You are going to be doing a Contemporary solo entitled 'Let Me Go' and you need to be ready because there are only two solos this week and yours needs to be the winning one." 

"Lets go" She says and I start in my sitting position and stand up before we go over the leaps and turns I have to do and after that go over it with her.

"Face y/n! Face!" Ms. Abby yells when I do the switch leap.

"Ok, Stop Stop" She says turning off the music and stands up

"Come here and do an overspilt on the blocks." 

I do the over split and she keeps talking.

"This is where your legs need to be in that jump understand?"

"Yes" I nod and she has me start from the beginning 

"Fix that turn out!" 

"Don't bend your knee in that arabesque!"

"Give me face and point your feet!" 

"What did I say about those jumps!"

*Interview with Christi*

The more y/n kept restarting with Abby the more flustered she got and all I could think about was don't cry, don't cry.

*Interview over* 

~Back to y/n~

I finally got into my ending pose

"Ok that's it for today. Listen to me this routine better be flawless at the competition because no one wants to see sloppy dancers and sloppy feet got it?" She says

"Yes" I nod

"Your dismissed!" and I walk back to the dancers den where the other girls are

*Four days till competition*

We were getting ready to practice the group dance when Ms. Abby asks us have we seen Brooke and Paige. We shrug and she starts 

"Keep your legs together" Ms. Abby says while we do our chest stands.

Brooke and Paige walk in and They have to watch our performance while they warm up. 

"Straighten your legs in that back walk over y/n!" 

*Up with the moms* 

Kelly: So Melissa and Cathy went to lunch together today.

Christi: Oh That explains that cake. Meanwhile I had a baby and I got what?... Nothing>

Holly: Heyy! 

Kelly: Your here early Holly.

Holly: Yep

Melissa: Hey girls! How are you! 

All: Hey!

Melissa: I went out with Cathy today and I like her, she's funny.

Kelly: So what did Cathy have to say did she like it here?

Melissa: We really didn't talk about it that much but she did say that it was very unorganized. but their studio is very competitive.

Holly: Like against the kids and the parents?

Melissa: Yep.

Kelly: So what did you have to say about me?

Melissa: Nothing just husbands.

Kelly: You talked about my husband?

Melissa: Yeah all of them.

Holly: Really?

Kelly: So what did you have to talk about that included that?

Melissa: She just asked about the husbands. 

Kelly: Did she know your separated 

Melissa yeah but I'm not talking about it.

*Two days till competition*

Today I had to go to the doctors about my eye. He told us that I have the same condition as Chole and my mom just wanted to make sure that it wasn't anything extremally bad, but he just told us to just keep watching it and if something hurts it looks like it's getting worst to come back and see him.

"If Abby yells at you about the doctor just don't say anything ok?" My mom says

"Ok" I said getting out of the car and going into the studio

Once I got changed I went into where the girls where practicing the group dance. 

"Let's go your already late" Ms. Abby says and I get into my spot.

During practice Ms. Abby lets Brooke take a rest because of her back and I go in the other room and practice my solo before it was time to go home.

*Competition day*

It's competition day and I am so nervous I have to go on stage two times today and I don't feel prepared at all. I really don't want to forget my dance so I tried not to think about it.

I sat next to Chloe on the bus and fell asleep most of the ride. Well all of the ride.

When we got into the competition the solos were up first so I had to get ready, Chole was doing my make up and my mom was fixing my hair in a bun. 

I went to put on my costume.

"Ahh" Kelly says 

"You look so pretty y/n" Chloe says.

"Ok y/n come here" Ms. Abby says

I walk over to her and she puts some more makeup on me,

"This is the first time anyone has ever seen you on stage solo and not behind others so what do I always say?" she asks

"First is the best and second is the first to lose" I say to her and she nods

"Don't go out there and lose because this will be your first and last solo got it?" 

I nod. Sometimes Ms. Abby can be very annoying when she keeps talking about winning.  

"Run over your solo one more time don't blow this kid" She says and I nod and go over my solo.

Two people soon walk into the room and ask Ms. Abby and Melissa about the music for one of the solos and Cathy says that she changed the music.

"Vivi didn't feel comfortable doing that solo so I change it" She says.

"Turn your foot out more on your turns like this y/n" Chole says. She always helps give me pointers on what I could do better and shows me how to do it.

Once I followed her she said it was good and gave me a hug.

"Go out there and focus on the dance don't be nervous ok" She says and I nod 

"I'm going to be as good as you one day Chole!" I whisper to her 

"Your already really good!" She says laughing

"Yeah but in my studio you do what is given to you like y/n is doing" Ms. Abby says 

"Well Vivi is not y/n" Cathy says 

"But they around the same age and guess what now I am changing yours to independent."

I hated when people fought around me because I always try to be nice to people so I walked over to my mom and sat in her lap while Cathy and Ms. Abby fought. Then they went out the hallway.

When they came back it was time for the competition. 

I went back behind the stage and I saw the moms and girls go sit in the audience. 

Vivi-Anne was up first and then it was me

"Ok up next we number 435 featuring Y/n Lukasiak with 'Let me go'" The guy on the mic said and I went out to my starting position, and everyone clapped

When the music stated I felt so confident in the dance I felt like I had done everything right and at the end I went to my finishing pose, and everyone stood up and clapped but Ms. Abby just did a small clap in her seat. 

I walked off the stage and Chloe was there and she hugged me.

"You did so good!" She said 

I went back on with Vivi-Anne and we waited on awards.

"In 7th place we have number 431 Vivi-Anne" The lady says and Vivi goes up.

"Congratulations and who taught you this solo?" she asks

"Cathy Jean Nesbitt-Stein" Vivi says and I lo0k at Abby who looks shocked she is not going to be happy about that. 

They continued to call every number until they get to first place and my number is still not called.

"And our first place award with a score of 298 points is... Number 435 Y/n Lukasiak!" 

I stood up with a big smile on my face and looked to my mom and Chloe as they gave me the biggest smile and yelled.

I went up to get the trophy.  

"And who choregraphed this dance for you?" She asked me

"Ms. Abby Lee Miller" I say into the mic 

"And what dance studio?" 

"Abby Lee Dance Company" I said before everyone clapped again

"Congratulations" she says 

~~

I ran back to the green room with my trophy.

"Yay y/n!" Holly says 

"You did so good!" Kelly said and I thanked them 

"You were amazing" My mom says as she helps Chole and I get ready for the group dance.

Then Ms. Abby comes in 

"Yay! Congratulations on 1st" She says and hugs me 

"Now you would have had a perfect score if you pointed your feet on that elbow stand" she says

This made me stop smiling and look at Chloe who gave me a thumbs up of encouragement. 

My mom rolled her eyes and soon Cathy said that she was leaving. 

Everyone was not happy about that but it was time for the dance.

After the group dance it was awards and we received a special judges award.

"And the top junior award goes to ups and downs Abby lee Miller" 

We won, I won and overall today was a good day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 88 8
maddie and mackenzies dad left them after the divorce from their mother who died a view months later in a car accident so the only one left is their...
549K 8.9K 87
When Katie Rose is given the opportunity to join ALDC LA, she jumps at the chance. However going to the studio brings lots of drama into her life. Wi...
5.6K 143 23
*FORMERLY DANCE BROTHERS* When Kendall's adopted brother comes to live with her and Jill in LA, everyone's lives change. New friends are made. Old ri...
247K 3.7K 149
McKayla Ziegler born September 30th twin sister to Maddie and older sister to Mackenzie grew up dancing at the Abby Lee Dance Company, when an excit...