The Day the Music Died | Jegu...

By SybillGray

"You look like a painting, Reg," whispered James, genuine adoration plastered in every inch of his face. "Is... More

The Victory
The Potions Essay
The Unpleasant Discovery
John's Responsibilities
The Portable Swamp
R.A.B.
The Glistering Mirror
The Bloody Nose
The Unfairness of the Glasses
Black Currant
The Dark Mark
The Cruciatus Curse
The Wing-less Snitch
The Phoenix's Song
The Stray
The Squid's Fangs
The Stars no Longer Shine
The Silver Stag
Sirius is a Right Prat
Anything for our Prongs
The Black's Lustful Eyes
The Black Cat
Mates Over Dates
Red Tenderness
A Muggle's Museum
Everyone But You
Do it Just for Me
Cosmic Dancer
The Boy He'd Taken Care Of
Wet Dog Stench
I Remember You
The Day the Music Died
Catching on Fire

Chasing a Star

641 22 12
By SybillGray

We've got the right to choose, and,
There ain't no way we'll lose it.
This is our life, this is our song,
We'll fight the powers that be, just,
Don't pick on our destiny, 'cause,
You don't know us, you don't belong.

James widened his eyes, his mouth was hanging open. Rushing away from Remus' penetrating gaze, he sprung up as he shock his head in denial, walking about on the creaking floor.

  "What? No! No way, that would be gross! It's Sirius' brother we're talking about here Moony —plus, he's a boy, why would I ever fancy him?"

Remus frowned with a lopsided grin, he stifled a laugh.

  "Right, Sirius is James' best friend, other than that a boy... why would I ever fancy him? Gross," he repeated with a very exaggerated accent, apparently mimicking James'.

  "It's different, Moony, alright?" He plunged his head in his hands, Remus stayed silent, quietly watching James return to his seat, beside him.

They spent a fair few minutes in silence, only Remus' raspy breaths could be heard over the feathery breeze caressing the windows, the dullness that remains after a storm. Remus slowly raised his arm, and lightly slapped James' wide back, nodding at him.

  "You know you can tell me anything, James, judging you would be the last thing I'd do. I'm a werewolf, a homosexual, half-blood, orphan wizard, and you still accepted me, innit? You all risked your bloody lives for me... Merlin, you could turn into a fair monkey and I wouldn't mind," Remus chuckled, James smiled at him as he adjusted his glasses. "So, are you going to tell me the truth now?"

James shrugged, giving his friend a half hearted grin, nodding back at him. He puffed his chest, taking a deep breath, and finally releasing the air into a tired sigh.

  "Alright. You know that erm... I uh, I actually -well, not really but. God, I'm just going to say it..." He turned towards Remus, clasping his thick hands together decidedly. "I fancy him. No, I don't fancy him, I love him. I'm utterly in love with him, and he's in love with me too, but I'm too much of a wussy to say it out loud, for Sirius to know," he took a deep breath without looking at his friend's reaction, he felt strangely calm after revealing his deepest, darkest secret.

  "Well, I can't say I'm surprised," Remus shrugged.

  "What? What are you on about?" He questioned, now returning to meet Remus' gaze, he looked oddly amused, almost smug.

  "I sort of knew the whole time, I have a gift for these things, unfortunately. Also, if you weren't into Evans any more, someone else must've been on the way, I kind of worked it out after that." James watched him speak, his hands gesturing to explain his words, and shock his head, looking down.

  "You're brilliant, Moony, I hate that."

  "Cheers," he smiled mischievously, and gave James a pat on the back, which he didn't bother to brush away, "look, I know you're scared about the whole thing, but Sirius shouldn't be the person to stand between you two, I know he'll understand it."

  "I don't think so, it took him this long just to accept that we were friends, if he knew about us, he'd totally freak out, and most likely hex me. And then punch me. And probably hex me again to finish me off."

They both stifled a chuckle, their arms knocking together.

  "Hey! Don't laugh, this is a Sirius matter, James," Remus said worthily, and then they both broke into laughter, that joke never got old.

Once they ran out of breath, James took off his glasses to wipe a tear off his eye, and Remus snorted, till his smile gradually faded. James pretended not to realize the crinkle by his eyes, which strangely hadn't disappeared. "Just, think about it, alright? It'll get worse if you keep it hidden. Don't let him find out for himself, between us two... it's getting sort of evident."

Remus explained this with an air of finality, hoping James would hopefully take his advice. The tan boy had lost the will to discuss, so he simply nodded, acknowledging Remus was indeed right, he was always right, somehow.

  "Thanks, mate."

  "That's what friends are for. Now get it together, and at least get Regulus' clothes out of your buggin' bed," he smirked, and before James could answer, he headed off the dormitory, leaving him alone with a funny look on his face.

Damn Moony.

***

—This part is a bit spicy, if you want to skip it is totally alright, as it's not of vital importance, and you'll understand the next chapters just fine without it—.

Regulus and James saw each other again after that, they had a good laugh from the amusing memory, Regulus expressed his disgust from being touched, James caressed his curls regardless, they smiled each other.

Everything seemed perfect, but that was false, they both knew it.

"We're gonna have to tell Sirius, you know that, right?"

"Please, don't ruin this James, it's perfect as it is," Regulus mumbled, smelling him, his nose buried in his boyfriend's neck.

"It doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, Sirius is my best friend, he'll understand," James shrugged, this made the young Black back away.

"Right," he frowned, crossing his arms with a reproachful pout on his shiny lips. "See, Sirius, I'm dating your little brother, so uh, hope you don't mind," he said sarcastically, moving his hands around to turn it into a casual charade.

"That's a start," answered James, his petulant positivity blinding his reasoning. Regulus couldn't help but stifle a quiet laugh.

"You're the densest guy alive."

"I may be..." he grinned while he caressed Regulus' jaw with his thumb and subtly dragging it to his own, the other one inadvertently giving in to his touch. "But I'm just as crazy about you... and now that I have you, I won't let anything stand between us, yeah?"

He nodded and got rid of the tight distance that separated them with a feathery kiss, which soon turned passionate.

Regulus' lips were soft, almost silken, and pillowy against James'. He could feel the soft tickle of Regulus' breath beneath his nose, fingers carding through his hair as they breathed each other in.

Warmth blossomed in James' chest, sparks igniting as Regulus leaned in closer, lips parting, daring James tentatively to slide his tongue in. The smell of the young Black's perfume, the soft, coconut scent of the Gryffindor boy's shampoo, was dizzying, butterflies dancing in their stomachs. But warmth consumed them as Regulus pushed James to the wall behind them blindly, brushing the boy's crotch with his thigh, his lips impossibly soft against his own.

Their bodies were pressed together heatedly against the cold stoned wall, they breathed heavily, barely interrupting their kiss. Regulus could taste their shared breath, feel the thud of their combined heartbeat. They inched apart, looking into each other's eyes, a bold grin imprinted in Regulus' lips.

"You're killing me, star-boy..." groaned James, his voice so gruff, it made Regulus' knees wobbly.

The young Black sighed and lowered his head, aiming for James' neck. He started to kiss it, very slowly, very lightly, waiting for James' approval. He wined huskily, gripping Regulus' hair in an attempt to calm his rampant excitement, this was a clear signal for the boy, who started sucking more fiercely, clutching James' shirt, and lowering it to deposit a kiss on his clavicle.

"God..." moaned James, his head tilting back in pleasure, biting his moist lips.

As Regulus went up once again, James lowered his hands to the boy's waist, he slid his hands inside his jumper, and pushed his body to his own, they were touching completely. Regulus backed inches away with a sigh of raw pleasure, he smiled at the hickeys on his boyfriend's neck. Their clothes were starting to feel heavy, out of place, artificial over their hot bodies.

They melted in a second kiss, this time messier, fiercer; James' blood rushed to his lower body, once Regulus felt it, he smirked maliciously, and came closer, if that was even possible. The tan hands of the boy were shaking on his hip —in a fit of excitement, he grabbed Regulus' thighs and lifted him, sitting on the couch beside them, Regulus ending up on top of him.

They locked their eyes for a few seconds, checking everything was okay, and with a shared grin, they fumbled to take off one another's clothes. Their shirts were laying on the floor in less than a minute, James bit his lip, gaining Regulus' attention, which was on his belt a few seconds ago.

"I love you," he exhaled, his chest going up and down excitedly.

"I love you too," Regulus panted, out of breath, his heartbeat impossibly quick.

They stared at their eyes passionately, their devotion for each other palpable in their desire, in every warm touch.

They loved the intimacy of the room, the tenderness on their eyes, the care and the infatuation of their love. Oh, it felt as freeing as chasing a star, every touch was like a reward, they wanted everything of each other, oh... and how beautiful it was feeling that way.

Finally, all their clothes rested on the floor, far from the organicism they shared, anything else was more natural than the purest demonstration of love, suddenly it was just them in the entire world, only their bodies pressed against each other's, and their heartbeats melting into one alone.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.8K 1K 17
Sirius Black has been living with the Potter's for nearly 2 years and is constantly filled with guilt and regret about leaving Regulus behind. In the...
5.6K 314 23
regulus black is fed up with his family's views on blood purity and their determination to ruin his life. when over the summer, his arm is marked wit...
31.3K 807 6
I made this ages ago and honestly, I don't like it. There are some people who do like it and that's alright but for me, I don't like it. You can read...
244K 6.1K 39
Y/N Pettigrew is abused by her parents, and all she wants is to be friends with her brother's friends. However, the Marauders seem a little too self...