๐ˆ๐‹๐‹๐ˆ๐‚๐ˆ๐“ ๐€๐…๐…๐€๐ˆ๐‘๐’...

By mikaelsonyx

A few years from not having communication with each other, Adelaide Walsh was asked by her older brother to v... More

๐ˆ๐‹๐‹๐ˆ๐‚๐ˆ๐“ ๐€๐…๐…๐€๐ˆ๐‘๐’
Season 1: Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Season 2: Chapter One
Chapter Two

CLOSURE

536 12 5
By mikaelsonyx

Adelaide Walsh through seasons and how it should have ended.

Adelaide was with Rick, Carl, and Hershel when the Green family’s farm fell into ruins and the hands of a herd of walkers. Honestly, she wasn’t really sad about her brother’s death. There wasn’t hate, definitely no love, just indifference.

In the prison, Adelaide was with Maggie, Carl, and Lori when the latter was about to give birth. “I see the way he looks at you,” Lori cries as she grabs Adelaide’s hand, “Take care of them for me, please? Do better than I ever did.” And so she did. At first, Carl was simply sad thinking that the woman he looked up to as a sister was trying to replace his mother in his father’s, sister’s, and his life. He knew no one could replace his mother.

“I didn’t know you were good with kids,” Carol said, smiling at her and the sleeping baby Judith in Adelaide’s arms. “Honestly, I love kids. I used to babysit my neighbours’ toddlers back in high school. I will never be her mother, but with you, Beth, I will make sure she will receive the motherly love she deserves. That’s what Lori would have done.”

Adelaide got the flu and was with Glenn when Maggie found them. However, she got separated when she remembered her niece, Judith. Carl found Adelaide holding Judith’s bloodied baby cart. Then came Rick and his injuries. The three of them left the prison together.

Adelaide is free of the flu and came with Carl, scavenging for food. Michonne happened. Adelaide and Rick were alone together. One thing led to another, they kissed. Adelaide has fallen deep. While Rick is figuring it out it is what he needs after Lori and everything. What happened on the highway happened.

After reuniting with everyone after what happened in Terminus, she had a heated argument with Rick. She wanted to leave and go with Daryl and Carol to look for Beth. Rick won’t allow it and continues to deduce her role as his child’s babysitter.

“You shouldn’t have done that.”

“What? Disobey you?”

“Yes!”

“I wanted to help, Rick. What, you expect me to stay inside this church for the rest of my life? I haven’t even left this place since I entered.” Adelaide hissed.

“You’re already helping, Adelaide. You’re taking care of Judith. That’s more than enough.”

Adelaide’s lips hung open. “Is that, is that all I am to you? Your daughter’s babysitter?” her voice cracked, “I can’t fucking leave this place, I can’t even have my knives, and I can’t freaking breathe, Rick! It’s fucking suffocating! You can’t just expect me to follow all your instructions because I have feelings for you!”

“When we were at that house, and you kissed me, I thought you felt the same way as I do. You used my feelings for your gain. God knows how much I love your kids but don’t you dare use them against me to be my person. God, was I wrong about you.” Adelaide started hyperventilating, she ran her hands through her hair, grab her knives and went outside the church. Not even bothering to notice the set of eyes following her whereabouts.

After she left, Glenn quickly asked, “Rick, what the hell happened? What was that?”

Once everyone was preoccupied and she swiftly went back inside the church and took her bag. She didn’t even bother to say a few words to Glenn, who was concerned about her.
She has been wanting to leave for so long. What happened to the prison was horrible, they lost a lot of people in there. Seeing blood on Judith’s cart almost sealed the deal for her. She took it as a chance to be on her own, away from everyone.

However, Carl saw her and led her to Rick. So, she had to change her plans.
Seeing Glenn happy and now reunited with Maggie, she felt happy as well. He won’t be alone.

The Grimes children, Carl and Judith, both got Michonne Rick, and the entire group to lean on. Besides, they’ll be going to DC, they’ll be safer there the moment Eugene and the other scientists have developed a vaccine or anything that could put an end to this chaos. And, once the vaccine is distributed to everyone, there will be a small chance of her seeing them again.

Which is favourable for her. it might sound selfish for them, but to Adelaide, it isn’t. Being in a group for the longest time in her entire life took a toll on her. She has never seen herself lead people, she’s always been the one who follows but damn was it so tiring and draining.

Once she was away from the church, a tear fell on her cheeks and at the same time a smile escaped on her face. It was the smile she had never worn for a long time.

Freedom.

She’s finally got it. Her freedom.

She’s on her own now. Now, she’s able to put herself first. To take care of herself first. She has no one to look after, just herself.

Or so she thought.

“Wakey, wakey.”

She’s greeted by the unfamiliar good-looking man in front of her, “You’re one of those cannibal assholes, aren’t you?” she sighed in annoyance, her hands tied.
“We’re called the Hunters now, gorgeous. The others are on their way back here, they just had some errands.”
She lets out a scoff, “What are you laughing at?”

“Nothing!”

“Spill!”

“It’s just, you’re hot and all and I’d totally go for you but sadly, you’re a fucking cannibal and also my captor.”

There were no lies detected. The man was indeed good looking but a girl gotta do what she has to do.

“Shut up, flattery won’t get you anywhere.” he noticed a piece of paper peaking in her pocket. “Ooh, a love letter!”

“Honestly, I don’t know if I still have the will if I still survive after this but when you’re done killing me or maybe eating my meat. Surely you and your group will attack mine, as you plead for your life, give that letter to Glenn, the Asian one.”

“Hmm, you sound so optimistic and pessimistic at the same time. Trouble in paradise?”

“He’s my brother, dipshit. and I’m just accepting my fate. They won’t come here to save me. Besides, I’m better off dead. I’ve been through a lot even before I knew what death was. I deserve to rest.”

The man sighed, “Fine. who am I to decline a beautiful woman’s death wish? Anything else?”

“I’m a virgin. Do you mind changing that?”

Tantalising gazes are being exchanged then all of a sudden, their lips meet, and hungryly eating each other’s face out. Adelaide’s tied hands grasped on his soft, greasy hair while she pulled him closer she bit his lips aggressively and bumped her head on his, putting him in a deep slumber.

“Grandpa, wherever you are right now, thank you for your self-defence lessons.” she mutters before she steals his gun, ammo, and her bag.

Luckily, nothing was missing inside it. Then she remembered her letter and she left it in the man’s pockets and left. “I hope you keep your promise,”

+

“Please, don’t kill me! Wait! Wait! I have a letter. Yes, I have the woman’s letter! She wanted me to give it to you!” Glenn and Rick shared a look at each other. They both doesn’t want to believe him since it was specified by Bob earlier that it was only him that was their hostage.

“She’s tall, pretty, and has long black hair. You can take it, it’s in my pocket.” Daryl took the piece of paper off the man’s hand and handed it to Glenn.

“You took her?”

The man nodded at Rick’s question, “Where is she right now?”

“I don’t know, She just took off after she seduced me and put me to sleep. Next thing I know when I woke up, my guns and ammo were gone.” Once again, Glenn and Rick shared a look.

While Carl, who was listening inside the church’s sort of an office room, felt a sense of pride as his lips curled into a smirk. Then he glances at his baby sister, the siblings sharing a look, Judith lets out a giggle. As if Judith had understood what the man said. The woman who took care of them did that.

Adelaide outsmarted the man.
And it wasn’t the first time she did that, as far as Glenn can remember.

“She’s gone. Adelaide’s gone.” Rick looks at the folded paper Glenn passed to him and decides to open it. And saying that didn’t like what he had read was an understatement.

Then Rick killed the man.

A week later, Adelaide met Calyx Sim and Miles Kang. Calyx was a surgeon and Miles used to be a History teacher—they have been friends since highschool, that’s how they knew each other. She was saved by them after the house she thought was empty had a whole family of walkers inside. The two South Korean men were just upstairs, equipped with food and ammo. The same week, they were found by Aaron, the trio and decided to go to Alexandria.

In Alexandria, she was living in the same house as Calyx and Miles. It started three days after she met the two, she was contemplating trusting them fully, but she did anyway. Miles caught Adelaide and Calyx about to do the deed, and instead of making a big deal out of it, the three of them agreed to a three-person sexual intercourse.

Until she saw her friends from the farm and prison again, and her silly feelings for Rick started to come back — she didn’t know it yet. Rick begins to befriend Jesse, and he asks her about Adelaide.

“I think they arrived here in like a month or two? Those three have been inseparable.”

Carol, who almost everyone gathers information when one woman rants about Adelaide and her men, “Don’t tell this to anyone, but your friend? Adelaide, was it? Seems not so innocent and perfect after all. The first week the three of them arrived, every night, we heard groans and moans in their house! It was too loud, especially at night up to dawn. Hell, it was awful. I mean, I am not shaming them or anything, but I wonder who she’s banging between the two. At least she’s having fun. My husband won’t even touch me anymore,”

The grey-haired lady does not even know how to respond.  Carol couldn’t care less about Adelaide’s sex life although she was shocked as she thought Adelaide liked Rick but judging by their last conversation that happened in the church from months ago, she wouldn’t be surprised if Adelaide had already moved on.

That talk later on was passed to Rick by Jesse, by one of their conversations.

Rick was surprised, to say the least. But he didn’t care that much, but it would be a lie to say that it didn’t have an effect on him. He treated her so badly and so wrong. What hurts him even more is when Carl would bring Judith to Adelaide’s house to play or vice versa.

Still, he has no right to be mad.

Adelaide has always been a constant person in his children’s life. Although the kids hadn’t seen her for a while, the bond was still there. She has always been a friend, a sister, aunt, even a mother to them. He will never break that bond. No one can.

Somehow, he knew and he was aware of it the moment Rick knew that Adelaide ran away. He doesn’t blame her, he was an asshole. It was wrong of him to only think of her as the one who takes care of his children because what she did the moment they were in the farm was more than being a babysitter.

Adelaide saved Carl’s life. Adelaide took care of Judith (with the help of everyone, especially Beth and Carol) the moment Lori was gone. When Rick was grieving at Lori’s death, it was Adelaide and Hershel who pushed him to be a better man for his children. She has done nothing but goodness to his family.

And yet, when Rick has finally got something good, he ruined it.

Prior to the lineup, Rick and Adelaide gradually started to talk again. They were friends again, still, Adelaide’s sex life is still active with the help of Calyx and her hand. Meanwhile, Miles moved out of the house and befriended Tara and Glenn.

Rick, who saw Calyx and Adelaide’s silhouette being intimate, led him to confront Adelaide once again as he accused her of trying to toy with his feelings—that was so ridiculous of him honestly. Confessions happened then boom, make up sex.

“You have no idea how much I stopped myself from touching you since I saw you here again.”

“Hmm, how about containing yourself since we found the Prison?”

Then there’s Negan.

Leader of the Saviors Negan.
The Negan is Adelaide’s biological father. And he didn’t recognize her at the lineup—was surprised when she looked up, waterfalls in her eyes. Adelaide was never close to her biological father, but she loved his wife, Lucille.

“Dad, please, don’t do this,” she begged as Rick was about to cut Carl’s hand as instructed by her father.

It was revealed by Negan that she was adopted by the Walshs by the time Adelaide accompanied Carl by sneaking into the Saviors’ hideout.

Her biological mother is Nihan Durmaz, a Turkish-American immigrant. Negan revealed that he was a teenager when Adelaide was born and so was her biological mother. Mrs. Walsh was a friend of her biological mother who always wanted to have a daughter but couldn’t so when Nihan was giving birth and Negan wasn’t around, she was.

The stories she was told were fabricated by her adoptive parents and grandparents.

Negan did not even bother to fight for custody because he knows he’d lose and when Nihan finds out about her worsen condition of diabetes, she secretly agrees with Mrs. Walsh to adopt Adelaide as she could not trust Negan with a child and he’s also marrying their other college friend, Lucille.

“Your mother and your mom had the greatest friendship I have ever known. It was something I want you to have. That kind of friendship lasts even in the afterlife.”

Carl listens at their conversation, intently. Adelaide was showing no emotion in what her father was blabbing about.

“Have you found that kind of friendship?”

Then, Carl heard her sharp breathing making him hold her hand, letting his mom know that she wasn’t alone. He turned his focus to her direction, it was hard for him to see her like that. Her facial expressions were blank. No tears, no sign of sadness or anger.

“Yes,”

A smile begins to appear in Negan’s lips, “Where is she now?”

Carl looks back to Negan, itching to remove that proud smirk on his face. “He is or…was a he.” Adelaide whispered, not breaking eye contact with her father, tears finally erupting in her eyes.

Maybe, for the sake of being reunited with his daughter, he will be less heartless, Carl thought.

“What happened to him?”

He knew Adelaide couldn’t talk about Glenn anymore and as if on cue, he felt her squeeze the back of his hand three times.

“You happened to him.”

With that, Negan couldn’t look at his daughter anymore. For a second, Carl saw regret and guilt in his eyes.

But the moment his men entered the room, like a switch, he came back to the heartless man who held the barb-wired bat named after his dead wife that killed Glenn.

Somehow, it makes sense. Mrs. Walsh had tons of pictures with this beautiful lady and whenever Adelaide asked her who it was it was always the same answer, “She’s your guardian angel.” What she doesn’t understand is, why didn’t anyone tell her that Mrs. Walsh wasn’t her biological mother? Does Shane know? Is that why he was so mad at her? How did Mr. Walsh let his wife adopt a child and loved her as his own? Why didn’t her own biological father tell her the truth?

After knowing the truth about her parentage, Adelaide immediately told everyone she cares about it. Rick was the first one to know. Then Maggie, next was Carol and Daryl. Then suddenly, everyone in Alexandria and Hilltop knew.

Days later, Calyx talked to Adelaide, wanting to remain as friends as their sexual relationship ended the before Rick saw them hugging inside their house. He decided to go with King Ezekiel’s group while Miles stayed at Alexandria (later on joined Maggie at Hilltop Colony).

Adelaide and Rick shared a night and the rest is history.

FINALE

After the war against the Saviors and the Scavenger, Adelaide shoots her father on his chest. He lost a lot of blood but he didn’t die. They didn’t let the Scavengers and Saviors escape, they killed all of them—those who didn’t surrender.

Finally, there was peace. People at Hilltop, Alexandria, former Saviors, and the Kingdom, live harmoniously with each other.

Carl and Enid are together. Everyone is either happy or still finding happiness. Miles remained single and had fun. Calyx is once again a victim of a one-sided love as he is developing feelings with Maggie. Sadly, Glenn is still engraved on her heart, mind, and soul. And Calyx respected that. Adelaide and Calyx remained friends.

Rick is no longer the man he used to be. He knows what he wants. He knows what he needs. And Adelaide is a combination of both for him. He has always been a family man and he swore to himself and promised to Adelaide and their children that everything that went wrong between him and Lori wouldn’t be repeated.

Meanwhile, Adelaide constantly visits Maggie at Hilltop and stays with her after knowing she and Rick are expecting. The bond between Maggie and Adelaide became stronger, together, they remembered Glenn as the person who will always have a place in their hearts.

She has always been an Adelaide Smith by blood but she will always be Adelaide Walsh. Jokingly, she likes to call herself Adelaide Rhee, sister to Glenn Rhee.

Now, by the power vested in Father Gabriel, she is now, Adelaide Grimes.

•─────⋅☾ 𝔭𝔥𝔬𝔢𝔫𝔶𝔵𝔳𝔦 ☽⋅─────•

i really am so sorry to keep you waiting. but it is such a disappointment that i will not be continuing to write adelaide and rick’s story.

even before i uploaded the previous chapter, i have been doubting if i can still finish this. at first, i was still optimistic about it while trying to continue writing the next chapter but there was nothing coming out of my brain.

since i didn’t want to end this book without proper closure and proceed to write a new one so here it is.

still, thank you for your patience, your continuous support for this book. i have said this a few times but it means a lot to me.

happy holidays, everyone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 264 29
Alyssa Chรกvez has felt alone for most of her life. She was never good at making friends. She always felt a distance between her and her family. So wh...
293K 4.5K 200
{This story follows the storyline of the show but I added a few other parts into it.} Daryl has a younger sister named Maddie. When Rick first arrive...
15.1K 1.1K 19
In which Daryl's first love is a miracle, in more ways than he is ready to acknowledge after their reunion, a year into the end of times. d...
5.5K 177 21
โ ๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฉ'๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ป๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ด, ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ...